Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
Support will always be here. I realize that the diminishing number of people participating makes it frustrating for those who want to see more done. People come and go with results. One can frame it differently by saying its about the overall mood of the club with negativity but it's always been about supporting through thick and thin. How we do that and what makes our supporters culture is up to us all.

I don't see support dying or apathy taking over completely because there will always be people who want to be there. The rest is just egotistical IMO

PM if you want to talk more about it so we don't derail the message of the thread.
While I respect your opinion on this matter, I see things differently than you.

What I see is a deteriorating fan base which for all the right reasons is disgruntled and growing more apathetic by the day. That's what I see. Call me a pessimist, I don't care, I've been called worse. I wish I could see sunshine and lollipops like some people but that's not me. While I can understand why some members of this group would be hesitant to participate in a protest, it's pretty clear that there is sufficient division in this group when it comes to certain matters. As someone else mentioned in their post, about the only thing we can ALL agree on is that the team wears "red" on the field.

Sure there will always be support, but what kind of support is a half-full stadium? Can we really be satisfied with that kind of support? I'm all about supporting the club through thick and thin but there comes a point where action needs to be taken to address the fundemental issues that are plauging this club. I'm not here to call anyone out, but rather would like to see some kind of unity amongst this group which seems to be lacking of late. While it's true that the on-field results haven't been there this season, neither has the support in the stands. I attended 80-90% of the games this season including all ACC and CCL competition games and I'm sure most people who call the south end home during games can agree on the fact that we could have and should have done better.

I love this team and I enjoy being a part of this SG but I think it's time for the group to re-evaluate itself, find its vision once again and come back better and stronger than ever before. This is not to say that the execs haven't been doing their job, they've done the best they could under such circumstances, but I feel more can be done in 2013.

Nothing personal here. Just my 2 cents. I won't derail the thread any longer.