0 Thread(s)

Default PRE/IN/POST GAME (CCL) TFC @ CD Aguila Sep. 25 10:00PM

Lineup

Hall,
    J.Hall,O’Dea, Emory, Morgan
    Wiedeman, Dunfield, Maund, Amarikwa
    Silva, R. Johnson

No idea what to expect,win or tie?

I don't think we will lose this game,but with Mariner's TFC everything is possible.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to say it but I don't really care what happens. Maybe for the player's morale it would be good for TFC to get a win. Mariner's hoofball won't beat Santos in Mexico anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoofball should work against a smaller team.

I say 2-1 for TFC.

As Kool mentioned though, it's a moot point because I don't see us beating Santos with our form of hoofball where the other team is free to walk in on goal and take 20+ shots at our goal keeper.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC wins, we'll see Mariner apologists in the media pointing it out as a sign of "progress." That despite the fact that winning against FC Edmonton would be a bigger accomplishment.

Like d' says, though, anything is possible.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just hope we manage to look like an actual football team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We did beat them in our 1st game,but that result did not show real strength of CDA.

For that game CDA players arrived,with 2 different planes and half of the team was in Toronto on the game day at 2PM,the rest came around 4:30 PM,there was the question if CDA will have enough players to start the game.They actually came from airport straight to BMO,changed and of course got killed by TFC.

Tomorrow night we will see,different stronger CDA,and definitely weakened TFC lineup.

If we tie tomorrow,it will be a good result for us,unfortunately but that's the way a feel about our TFC.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's take advantage of our size. Why aren't WIlliams and Cann even in consideration over Emory!??!!?!?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should be a win for TFC. But if they lose, then I don't know how Mariner will be able to hold on to his job after the end of the season. At that point I think the team will have a complete mental collapse, having no faith in their own ability, and lose the remaining games of the season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's just put a lid on this thing already.

Lose here and the rest of the season, use all the collected data to conclude we need another new administration, fire Mariner and Cochrane and bring in some new people and go back to the beginning.

DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200

Fuck it. Anything that resembles something remotely akin to 'potential' or 'rebuilding' or a 'core to build from' is only going to stall the inevitable.

In a year or two we'll be straight back here, so let's deal with it now.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Let's just put a lid on this thing already.

Lose here and the rest of the season, use all the collected data to conclude we need another new administration, fire Mariner and Cochrane and bring in some new people and go back to the beginning.

DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200

Fuck it. Anything that resembles something remotely akin to 'potential' or 'rebuilding' or a 'core to build from' is only going to stall the inevitable.

In a year or two we'll be straight back here, so let's deal with it now.
    Agreed. When going through hell, keep going. I fear a huge victory today though, and a morsel of pride/hope entering some peoples veins. With so much other great football at the moment who needs this depressing shit. Man, I can't believe I said that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC fans don't even pay attention to CCL. A big win won't mean anything to people. MLS results will.

Besides, I see Aguila wanting revenge for the bad loss back at BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to admit it, but apathy has definitely set in for me. I stopped caring about leaque results a while ago, and the CCL has been rendered meaningless since TFC self destructed against Santos in extra time at BMO Field.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these past few post games, i just come on here and throw up some of our stats. this game is no exception..

27 Attempts on Goal 5
    10 Shots on Target 3
    506 Total Pass 287
    89% Passing Accuracy % 72%
    63.3% Possession 36.7%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    let's take advantage of our size. Why aren't WIlliams and Cann even in consideration over Emory!??!!?!?!?
    People rag on Cann a lot and it's true that he's not a great tackler. But he did average about six headed clearances a game before he was taken out of the starting lineup. Given that we've given up 19 free kick goals in the last 23 games, it would behoove him at least getting a chance to play. I think with O'Dea barking at him for position, he'd be better than pairing an out of place right back who can't win anything in the air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    TFC fans don't even pay attention to CCL. A big win won't mean anything to people. MLS results will.

Besides, I see Aguila wanting revenge for the bad loss back at BMO Field.
    Only because that loss to Santos made it almost impossible for us to go through. Prior to that, I would say the majority of posters here were far more concerned with CCL, because we had a chance. They certainly were under Winter, as he had a winning record in the tournament.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a problem with Cann partnering with O'Dea, who is good, but also pretty slow. Cann is slow as well. That pair would get burnt against any fast attackers. (Might work well though against a team that doesn't attack with speed as much as slow buildup and/or crosses into the box.) I think CDA has some fast attackers, don't they? (Even though they were all pretty tired when they played at BMO.)

I think Doneil Henry would be a better partner for O'Dea. Problem is, with his recent knee injury, and then languishing on the bench, I bet he's rusty. Same goes for Dicoy Williams. Cann will be rusty as well; has he played since the Liverpool game? I wonder who we will see for the CDA game though, if Ecks has ongoing concussion symptoms. Denime probably made a good guess with Emory at CB, since Mariner seems to like him.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 09-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    People rag on Cann a lot and it's true that he's not a great tackler. But he did average about six headed clearances a game before he was taken out of the starting lineup. Given that we've given up 19 free kick goals in the last 23 games, it would behoove him at least getting a chance to play. I think with O'Dea barking at him for position, he'd be better than pairing an out of place right back who can't win anything in the air.
    The other good thing about playing Cann is that Eckersley slides back into his natural position, assuming his head is ok.

Surely Cann-Eckersley in their natural spots is better than Eckserley and Hall with Eckersley not able to play his comfortable position?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In reading this, once again, a common problem in TFC coaches, that they try to fit the players into a pre-conceived system, and do not try to play a system and if necesary adapt it further to suite the strenghs of the players you have.

Cann is big, good in the air, O'Dea is as good a defender as we have in terms of playing the position. So in light of our defensive toubles, you can play them togeher, and add a sweeper to play between them to deal with speed, or just make sure for them to stay home, and not push up, I mean there are many, many sollutions to the problem, but it seems that our managers always, select a system as if it is one of these fantasy football games and just inster players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Mariner will take off another striker and play the fabled 4-2-4. Surely that will make us a more solid team
    Hall
    Maund - Eckersley - O'Dea - Morgan
    Dunfield - Emory
    Hall - Silva - Weideman - Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I wonder if Mariner will take off another striker and play the fabled 4-2-4. Surely that will make us a more solid team
    Hall
    Maund - Eckersley - O'Dea - Morgan
    Dunfield - Emory
    Hall - Silva - Weideman - Johnson
    No it will look something like this

----------F. Hall----------------
    --------------------------------
    Maund--J. Hall--O'Dea--Emory
    ---------------------------------
    ----------Dunce---------------
    -------------------------------
    ------------------------------
    ---------------------------------
    ------------------------------
    --Amarkwa-Silva-Weide-Johnson
    --------------Harden-------------

Mariner says Jeremy Hall is one of the finest defenders in the modern era. He has skill, pace, technique, great marking, and incredible leadership qualities. I remember Mariner telling me about the amazing qualities that he sees in Ty Harden that nobody else can, not even Kurt Larson. He is converting Harden into a striker he claims his FIFA ranking has gone to 97 overnight. According to Mariner Barcelona, Madrid, Man Utd, Arsenal, and Inter Milan are in negotiations with Harden. The 2013 season is saved thanks to Mariner! Good job Anselmi! We'll definitely be in the top 10 of the eastern conference!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Welcome to sarcasm 101.

Looking forward to the most winnable game of the year. I'd hope that Toronto is aiming to match Santos' 4-0 final in Aguila's stadium. I doubt it likely but it should be a commanding win none the less.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-25-2012 at 06:02 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't help but feel a LOSS would somehow hasten the removal of the WORST MANAGER (POST MO) that TFC has ever had...so be it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aguila played a big match on Sunday night. One that had significant meaning (it was on the front page of all the papers down here).

Since they're already eliminated from CCL, and with games 48 HOURS apart(!?!?!), I would think that they played their best players on Sunday night. That can't hurt our chances for tonight!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    I can't help but feel a LOSS would somehow hasten the removal of the WORST MANAGER (POST MO) that TFC has ever had...so be it...
    This refrain of yours (I understand your motivation for the good of the club) seems a bit unnecessary when we still have a very hefty challenge with Santos ahead. A win here would do little to garner support.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job by TFC, sending me an email minutes ago, telling me that the game is tomorrow.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Good job by TFC, sending me an email minutes ago, telling me that the game is tomorrow.
    LOL - same here :

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:37:04 -0400
    Subject: Crucial CCL Match in El Salvador

//09.24.12

//TORONTO FC VS CD AGUILA PREVIEW

Your lads arrive in El Salvador today, ahead of tomorrow's important CCL match with CD Aguila.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I hate to admit it, but apathy has definitely set in for me. I stopped caring about leaque results a while ago, and the CCL has been rendered meaningless since TFC self destructed against Santos in extra time at BMO Field.
    Unfortunately I feel the same. I didn't even realize there was a game tonight until I recieved the email from the club. It saddens me that it has come to this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    LOL - same here :
    They've been fucking do this for TWO FUCKING SEASONS NOW. They are certainly having a laugh at MLSE HQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats weird though, In my phone it says Wed. glad I checked.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe they're doing it deliberately to limit the number of witnesses to this trainwreck.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha