Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    either they get re-signed or they get released...i think its good news that they are signed; call them over-hyped all you want, but they have received senior callups
    Nana Attakora also got senior callups and was also over-hyped when he played here. He just spent over 9 months without a club.
    Anyways, I hope they do well. Not sure if playing on TFC will help their development though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I've had time to think about it....

The highlight of the season was the cat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    urggh another two over-hyped Canadian players. Might be best to see how they develop over the next season or two before waving that banner.
    I think we should count ourselves lucky that they are on our team, and Canadian, considering that makes it harder for management to make bone-headed decisions like trade them away.

I wouldn't say they are saviors but they do represent what we need a lot more of: cheap talent, depth, and in Morgan's case, a legit starter who isn't earning that much. Henry's only 19 as well, that's incredibly young for a defender who has nearly 30 caps for the team. It might take him a year or two before he is ready to be in the first eleven, but he has potential to be a great player.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at the time I was fairly excited with the Hassli signing. Obviously I now know I set my expectations a little too high, but I was happy with the announcement when it was made.

Before that, I guess I'd have to say the Champions League game against LA at the Rogers Centre.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think we should count ourselves lucky that they are on our team, and Canadian, considering that makes it harder for management to make bone-headed decisions like trade them away.

I wouldn't say they are saviors but they do represent what we need a lot more of: cheap talent, depth, and in Morgan's case, a legit starter who isn't earning that much. Henry's only 19 as well, that's incredibly young for a defender who has nearly 30 caps for the team. It might take him a year or two before he is ready to be in the first eleven, but he has potential to be a great player.
    I agree with the bolded part for sure.
    I say over-hyped because calling the signing of two depth players as "bright spots to the season" seems a bit premature in hyping up their abilities.
    Decent signings based on what they are now - sure; bright spots to the teams future or even to this season - I can't agree, not yet. They are both too raw.