0 Thread(s)

^ So we only lose 1-0.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan Dunleavy tweeted today:

At #TFC practice today, coach Mariner told us Eric Hassli was headed for an MRI today. #TFC at Galaxy Sat on #sportsnet590 The FAN.
    Not sure what the MRI is for. Whatever made him limp off from the Philly game? The recent bruised ribs? The previous ankle injury?

Otherwise, no comment... although this gives me lots to think about.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    Not sure what it could be for. MRI could be just to confirm if there is ligament damage or not. May have tweaked something and they may be concerned he's still feeling discomfort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    ^^
    Not sure what it could be for. MRI could be just to confirm if there is ligament damage or not. May have tweaked something and they may be concerned he's still feeling discomfort.
    Apparently so:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...coming-matches

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we have 3 DPs on the injured list. Has that EVER happened before for an MLS team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being at the CCL quarter finals there seems like a lifetime ago now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Dan Dunleavy tweeted today:

Not sure what the MRI is for. Whatever made him limp off from the Philly game? The recent bruised ribs? The previous ankle injury?

Otherwise, no comment... although this gives me lots to think about.
    I predict this injury is so bad they decide to decline his option. So we will essentially have traded our 2014 first rounder for a 2-month rental that didn't even help to improve results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    I predict this injury is so bad they decide to decline his option. So we will essentially have traded our 2014 first rounder for a 2-month rental that didn't even help to improve results.
    It should be more worrisome that even if it did improve TFC's results it still would have not been enough to salvage the season. Finishing this season with an extra 21 points (7 more wins) wouldn't have gotten this team into the playoffs and would have resulted in a worse draft pick. So what was the point of the Hassli trade? To help sell season tickets for next year? To make Mariner look better? All at the expense of the future?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    It should be more worrisome that even if it did improve TFC's results it still would have not been enough to salvage the season. Finishing this season with an extra 21 points (7 more wins) wouldn't have gotten this team into the playoffs and would have resulted in a worse draft pick. So what was the point of the Hassli trade? To help sell season tickets for next year? To make Mariner look better? All at the expense of the future?
    expect more of this as Mariner burns every card he possibly can to try and squeak into the playoffs to avoid getting fired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To get us to the next round of the CCL. Bit moot now

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    expect more of this as Mariner burns every card he possibly can to try and squeak into the playoffs to avoid getting fired
    Exactly. Several years' future will be mortgaged so that Mariner can squeak into the playoffs next year. Not that it will make any difference next year, Mariner will not likely succeed despite doing all that he can.

The problem is, the next coach will be hamstrung by Mariner's dealing away the future. Then will that coach be fired in turn because they won't be able to assemble a winning team with no draft picks and no allocation $$$?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I hate Mariner, the 1st rounder for Hassli is being blown out of proportion everywhere I read. He could be around for another whole year. Not having a 3rd or 4th overall NCAA player (or whatever) does not ruin our future or put the next coach in a bad position. Far and away the biggest key to first-team progress is getting free-agency and scouting right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Exactly. Several years' future will be mortgaged so that Mariner can squeak into the playoffs next year. Not that it will make any difference next year, Mariner will not likely succeed despite doing all that he can.

The problem is, the next coach will be hamstrung by Mariner's dealing away the future. Then will that coach be fired in turn because they won't be able to assemble a winning team with no draft picks and no allocation $$$?
    Yes, it will be interesting to see who the next coach is. Anyone familiar with MLS, and with what TFC is doing, will certainly want a long-term, guaranteed contract. TFC won't want to give that kind of contract so they'll probably get someone just happy to have a job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    As much as I hate Mariner, the 1st rounder for Hassli is being blown out of proportion everywhere I read. He could be around for another whole year. Not having a 3rd or 4th overall NCAA player (or whatever) does not ruin our future or put the next coach in a bad position. Far and away the biggest key to first-team progress is getting free-agency and scouting right.
    Well lets compare the Hassli to other DP trades. JPA was traded to Chivas for a third round pick in the supplemental draft. Freddie Ljungberg was traded for a conditional pick. JDG was traded for Andrew Weideman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a tweet from milos: Good luck boys to LA and El Salvador! I wish I was there with you! Forza TFC

Who are our goaltenders now, and why is Milos not traveling with them?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    If this is the case then I guess Hall will start and Roberts travels as back-up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Who are our goaltenders now, and why is Milos not traveling with them?
    With 3 children in hospital, I don't think it's a big surprise that he's not about to spend a week on the road. It's not like he is essential, or even the favourite keeper these days.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    With 3 children in hospital, I don't think it's a big surprise that he's not about to spend a week on the road. It's not like he is essential, or even the favourite keeper these days.
    It's not 3 kids in the hospital,it's contact negotiation time for Milos,and we all know how TFC handles the players they are in contract dispute.Plus Milos being outspoken as he is,I would not be surprised if he told them what he thinks about whole TFC situation.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post

Correction: It's not like he's Mariner's favourite keeper...

Don't know how you feel about it but Kocic has the starting job till he leaves for me. This sitting him for Hall is completely disrespectful of the bangup backup he's been for Frei.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    I predict this injury is so bad they decide to decline his option. So we will essentially have traded our 2014 first rounder for a 2-month rental that didn't even help to improve results enough to sell seasons tickets for next year.
    FYP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Correction: It's not like he's Mariner's favourite keeper...

Don't know how you feel about it but Kocic has the starting job till he leaves for me. This sitting him for Hall is completely disrespectful of the bangup backup he's been for Frei.
    Yes ... not Mariner's favourite keeper. That's what I meant in relation to team selection.

Personally - there's only one Greg Sutton.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freddy Hall is a pub league keeper.

Plus he looks out of shape (guys got a belly).

One of TFC's worst signings ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we seriously just blow the whole fucking thing up, and start from scratch. At this point none of this shit matters, we need to blow everything up and start all over, or there it will be the same not only next season but for the next five years, one game has no more significance.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see a blow up happening this weekend. Maybe a change after renewal rates come out.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Can we seriously just blow the whole fucking thing up, and start from scratch. At this point none of this shit matters, we need to blow everything up and start all over, or there it will be the same not only next season but for the next five years, one game has no more significance.
    This team is so terrible MLSE could go with a starting lineup consisting of Leaf players, who are apparently doing nothing much these days.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    If we don't b;ow up the whole TFC FO with Mariner,Brennan and all other ass-kissers,not only that we will not make playoffs in 2013,we will be fucked for 2104/15 too.By the time Morons at ML$E realize Mariner and Cochrane over their heads,2012 will be lost and than another new coach will have to start from scratch mid next year,since there will be no use from roster Mariner will leave after him,we will be" top 10 in our conference" once again.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    we will be" top 10 in our conference" once again.
    What if MLS expands?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    It's not 3 kids in the hospital,it's contact negotiation time for Milos,and we all know how TFC handles the players they are in contract dispute.Plus Milos being outspoken as he is,I would not be surprised if he told them what he thinks about whole TFC situation.
    Any evidence or information stating this is the case in this specific instance?

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Any evidence or information stating this is the case in this specific instance?

- Scott
    Kids are not in hospital 100% and we all know his contract ends this year,are they negotiating new one,yes,dispute not 100% sure,Kocic not happy with whole season,you can bet on that.

Why exactly Kocic is not in LA and going to CCL game? Who fuc*^ng know,Mariner has show us in his short coaching history that everything is possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes he's in a contract year, and yes I'm sure he's unhappy with how the season has gone - I don't think anyone in the entire organization is exactly glad they are terrible, even if they are reponsible for it.

But in the absence of... anything... I don't know if it's productive to assume he's being left behind in an efort to play hardball on his next contract. His tweet, as lame as it is for "evidence", doesn't really seem like a guy who is being left out of the lineup against his will. It may really just be family issues or something.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens