Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think we can all connect the dots on the page.

JDG's statements in isolation... Not enough. The history of management at this team and the frequency which people speak out about it is damning.
    So where were all this blame the club for anything people when I put the blame on losing DeRo on the way the club had managed him, rather than on DeRo?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    So where were all this blame the club for anything people when I put the blame on losing DeRo on the way the club had managed him, rather than on DeRo?
    I was right there, blaming the club for the De Ro situation. I still do.

This club is one massive clussterfuck. How people continue to be apologists for the way its run is mind boggling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are misremembering the way it was. There were dozens in both camps in the Dero saga, and dozens more in the middle..
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This "airing of dirty laundry" does nothing for any parties reputation.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is what we call the "bad company" problem in the investment business. Somebody you generally don't respect winds up saying something you totally agree with.

(An example. Two years ago, when opposing the Fed was a deeply contrarian opinion, someone I generally have no respect for rode into the debate, making total sense .....
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_780419.html)
    Of course, it's being objectively rational, which should always dominate any discussion of best practices. I try to ignore what I think of the source at all times. It often has little to do with what they're saying, which I'm gonna have to check out anyway. I've had the worst lying piece of shit criminal scumbag give me a solid tip; I've had the most honest, upstanding people you ever met lie directly to my face and get caught.

Impressions of character are bad predictors of accuracy, because we never judge character solely on intellectual capability. In fact, some peoples' noxious personalities make it hard to assess their intelligence at all. I could be having lunch in the cafeteria downstairs in my building with a guy so vexing I want to strangle him with a shoelace, and if those annoying traits mean no one ever listens to him, they might never find out that he's got brilliant theories floating around up there.

Ah well....

Here's what I will say: if what DeGuzman says is true, it takes a certain degree of malice and arrogance for a manager to behave that way in a professional environment. This is not Sir Alex getting pissed off and throwing a cleat in anger at Sexy Becksy, this is a 59-year-old manager telling a departing player "Fuck you, I'm going to make your life shit, because I can."

Doesn't matter what his reasons were or what a useless cunt Julian was when here, that's unacceptable behavior from a club manager. Seriously, they should sack his ass. What player, hearing this, will ever want to play for this guy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with a salary capped league is that fans will never judge on performance alone but instead on performance per dollar spent. The salary he received was due to TFC way overvaluing him. The scouting team probably didn't even look at his last performances in Spain and just signed him based on hype. He never put a gun to MoJo's head and said "sign me for X."

In this league there is always players who will seem overpaid (ie De Guzman) or underpaid (ie Wondolowski). Remove the salary cap or ignoring his contract and you'd still rate him as one of our top 5 of many midfielders all time. Would we be having this conversation if he was getting Dunfield's contract? Even when he was being benched before the trade we were all begging for him to be in the line up instead of Dunfield and whoever else Mariner had on.

Furthermore, has there ever been a team to have such negative comments from former players? Even if you hate De Guzman, these comments can only be seen as bad for the team's reputation. Ok De Guzman should have played better. Gordon shouldn't have been injured. Dichio shouldn't have been too old. De Rosario should have kept quiet. I could sit here and write every grievance the players here had. At the end of the day, TFC and MLSE have to stop looking at it as individual players being sour grapes and instead consider that there is a damaging trend that has been going on here for years!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG = junk (at TFC). Mariner = also junk.

What else is there to say about this?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I believe JDG on this one. Mariner is the type to crap on the players in classless fashion, especially in public.
    He made a comment today at the coaches session basically calling the players a bunch of idiots in his intro to the day. I wish I could remember the exact phrase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Regardless how bad JDG performed here, JDG is not only player who is happy not to be coached by this idiot; Plata run away too, Soolsma had no problem to leave either, and last one is Frings, I can bet that Koevs will not get healthy for next season if Mariner is still coach.

Mariner thinks he knows this game because he played 150 years ago, and acts like ass in the change room.

This is why Frings after PM throw him under the bus told Mariner to fuck off and that he is not coming back as long drunken Monkey is TFC coach, hip injury came as a nice exit card from TFCircus.

Mariner is classes ass-clown who lost the bench a while ago, there is a handful of players that want to play for him, majority is just waiting for this season to end.

Anselmi FIRE MARINER before there is only 1000 fans per game.
    I don't doubt this for one second. How did you find out about this?
    I guess Frings figures that the worst that can happen is that he gets his contract bought out and doesn't have to play for that ass and can go coach at Bremen. Or he gets benched and he doesn't have to play for that idiot anymore. Or he gets his contract terminated and he gets to go back home. Best thing that happens is Mariner gets fired and Frings stays here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Ya, he been strong for Canada, no doubt about that. Here in Toronto, he and Frings did well together and from what I've been told, enjoyed their partnership. It would not surprise me at all if the disposal of JDG was another element of the frustration Frings felt here.
    Would you rather play next to someone who can play football or someone slower than yourself who boots the ball aimlessly and can't even tackle well? If I were Frings I would be insulted to have to play next to Dunfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    None of those 4 players that you mention will play next year for TFC if Mariner is coach,will you believe than that PM is incompetent coach.

Frings already did it,he told hi to FUCK OFF in front of several TFC players and stuffer,and than left for hip"surgery".
    Now do we really know if this happened for a fact?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I believe JDG on this one. Mariner is the type to crap on the players in classless fashion, especially in public.
    He made a comment today at the coaches session basically calling the players a bunch of idiots in his intro to the day. I wish I could remember the exact phrase.
    "sorry my voice is a little hoarse today, yesterday i was out here on the field yelling at these idiots"

way to set the tone, followed up by various sarcastic remarks by Mariner again, Brennan and others. who fosters this unprofessional and negative atmosphere...?

Jason Bent's session was excellent, just like it was last year when he did the pattern-passing (way better than Brennan's passing session today). lost count how many times Bent made comments like "they can't score when we have the ball", "maintain possession" etc. meanwhile look at our first team, lucky if they get above 45% possession under Mariner... so funny, but so sad... i left after Bent's session, as i was completely underwhelmed by the tone of the whole event. very unprofessional, with side-bar sarcastic remarks all over the place, is this how they run the academy always? why were Rongen and BDK absent? Bent's session and demeanor were professional, the rest was a joke.

long-time fan, board-lurker, felt i should second jabbronies' post. not renewing, and today's open house confirmed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PozeshnMatters View Post
    "sorry my voice is a little hoarse today, yesterday i was out here on the field yelling at these idiots"

way to set the tone, followed up by various sarcastic remarks by Mariner again, Brennan and others. who fosters this unprofessional and negative atmosphere...?

Jason Bent's session was excellent, just like it was last year when he did the pattern-passing (way better than Brennan's passing session today). lost count how many times Bent made comments like "they can't score when we have the ball", "maintain possession" etc. meanwhile look at our first team, lucky if they get above 45% possession under Mariner... so funny, but so sad... i left after Bent's session, as i was completely underwhelmed by the tone of the whole event. very unprofessional, with side-bar sarcastic remarks all over the place, is this how they run the academy always? why were Rongen and BDK absent? Bent's session and demeanor were professional, the rest was a joke.

long-time fan, board-lurker, felt i should second jabbronies' post. not renewing, and today's open house confirmed it.
    Well if he said that then its pretty much confirms he should be exiting TFC no? Unless he is so arrogant and Anselmi so incompotent he cant see the negativity around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW...this joker has lost the friggin plot. Get rid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely disgusting.

Even Mo Johnston didn't stoop to that level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMFG that's unbelievable. I wonder if anyone got a clip of that on their iPhone? Recently I thought that Mariner will definitely be back next season, especially after the Anselmi promotion & Anselmi's idiotic interview comments. But now I'm starting to wonder if Mariner knows he's lost the players & the games, renewals are going to tank, and the club will have to sacrifice somebody in order to pretend like they're doing something.

Incredible that Rongen wasn't there. And the whole schmozzle between Academy & first team: on-the-ground passing & maintain possession; or not?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have the supporters ever actually made it clear that they want the likes of Cock gone? Because if that demand isn't made he will be the one picking the next TFC coach even though he was the one who hired this one. I think the supporters groups are now in a position to start making demands about the way the team is run in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should write an open letter to the club, and say something about what we're seeing here. It will probably be articulately acknowledged and then played down, but if anything it might serve to educate the casual fan following along (because we know the press won't do it). If things go south, maybe people remember what was written and then discussions about accountability can be more than just about the head coach.

And let me say that amongst all that crap, it is good to know there is still someone like Jason Bent working for this club, who is actually a good coach and not completely full of shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind if they (the new president aka Rongen) promoted Bent to head coach. I like what I'm hearing here about what he says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should write an open letter to the club, and say something about what we're seeing here. It will probably be articulately acknowledged and then played down, but if anything it might serve to educate the casual fan following along (because we know the press won't do it). If things go south, maybe people remember what was written and then discussions about accountability can be more than just about the head coach.

And let me say that amongst all that crap, it is good to know there is still someone like Jason Bent working for this club, who is actually a good coach and not completely full of shit.
    An open letter is a great idea. Simply a call for quality management. Sure, it would be acknowledged and then played down, but it's still very much worth doing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Mariner just Preki'd himself
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    ... a guy like Mariner.
    A guy like Mariner? What does that mean. Sure, debate his football coaching skill, and ability to lead the club. But what do you mean by "a guy like Mariner"? Seems to speak his mind to me. Is that a terrible thing?

And can someone pass me a link to all the terrible things that Mariner said about DeGuzman that seems to give JDG free rein to go around the country bad-mouthing his old team?
    Last edited by nfitz; 09-16-2012 at 09:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh is it the spin cycle already? I thought we were still on rinse.

Forget JDG if you want. Did you see the quote above, from the coach's open house? Confirmed by two here who were personally present, and likely heard by many others who can confirm. The guy seems to be going off the deep end.

The coach is bad-mouthing current players, in a public forum. Maybe it's supposed to be funny/sarcastic. But there's no room for sarcasm like that in a public forum, not when the team is doing so poorly, morale among the team & fans is so low, Mariner is making so many bizarre decisions, but doesn't seem to see himself as part of the problem. Only the players are idiots (in his mind).
    Last edited by Auzzy; 09-16-2012 at 09:17 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If all these quotes are really true, I wonder if/when Mariner will start going off on the fans. Seems the next logical step. He already did the "up yours" a while ago, but who knows exactly who that was aimed at. Wonder if we will be getting some pithy quotes about us idiot fans soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just tweeted that quote "PM at CoachingDay today"sorry my voice is a little hoarse today, yesterday i was out here on the field yelling at these idiots" to all the TFC players I follow on twitter. I'm sure they'd be interested to hear what their boss thinks of them.
    Others may want to do likewise...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A guy like Mariner? What does that mean. Sure, debate his football coaching skill, and ability to lead the club. But what do you mean by "a guy like Mariner"? Seems to speak his mind to me. Is that a terrible thing?

And can someone pass me a link to all the terrible things that Mariner said about DeGuzman that seems to give JDG free rein to go around the country bad-mouthing his old team?
    Mariner is costing us players and points. He takes no responsibility for what is happening on the field, nor for the decisions he is making from the sidelines. Instead he regularly and often throws individual players and/or the team under the bus. Thats a "guy like Mariner" - a blame-game guy. He does this in the media regularly - you couldn't make this stuff up...

Sooo.... A guy like Mariner can knowingly throw an injured Frings or the whole team for that matter under the bus, but JDG is not allowed to quote an ironic parting statement that Mariner made to him? How long do you plan to give Marnier a guest pass? Why does he get a guest pass at all?

I think Julian is 100% correct - Mariner has a lot of Karma that is gonna come his way as a result of his behaviour... You just don't get to run around blaming everyone else when you are a big part of the problem yourself.

As someone earlier today so eloquently put: Mariner has "Prekied" himself.
    Last edited by tiberius; 09-16-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I don't doubt this for one second. How did you find out about this?
    I guess Frings figures that the worst that can happen is that he gets his contract bought out and doesn't have to play for that ass and can go coach at Bremen. Or he gets benched and he doesn't have to play for that idiot anymore. Or he gets his contract terminated and he gets to go back home. Best thing that happens is Mariner gets fired and Frings stays here.

Would you rather play next to someone who can play football or someone slower than yourself who boots the ball aimlessly and can't even tackle well? If I were Frings I would be insulted to have to play next to Dunfield
    Well, I'm not a Dunfield hater as I do appreciate his efforts and his willingness to play hard but .... but .... but .... ya, I agree. Perhaps not insulted but maybe "miffed".
    Last edited by Blizzard; 09-16-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    If all these quotes are really true, I wonder if/when Mariner will start going off on the fans. Seems the next logical step. He already did the "up yours" a while ago, but who knows exactly who that was aimed at. Wonder if we will be getting some pithy quotes about us idiot fans soon.
    Why not, probably well deserved after a few idiot fans go after him simply because they want someone's head on a platter - and they know that neither Anselmi's or Cochrane's will be served.

I keep seeing comments here talking about him being an alcoholic? Is there any basis to this, or are the claims as ridiculous as those working as hard as they can to take obviously humorous comments about shouting at players out of context.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely disgusting.

Even Mo Johnston didn't stoop to that level.
    Many might not like Mo Johnston and he certainly made mistakes but he also was not a complete and total blithering idiot.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not, probably well deserved after a few idiot fans go after him simply because they want someone's head on a platter - and they know that neither Anselmi's or Cochrane's will be served.

I keep seeing comments here talking about him being an alcoholic? Is there any basis to this, or are the claims as ridiculous as those working as hard as they can to take obviously humorous comments about shouting at players out of context.
    You sound like Mariner
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh great, now you're dishing out the "idiot" label as well?