Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tomorrow at the match Let's join with EPL supporters in chanting "Justice for the 96"

Hi

Posting this in the main forum rather than the Chant one to reach a wider audience.

From the twittersphere it seems that supporters of all the Premier League teams (and likely lower league too) are planning to chant
    "JUSTICE FOR THE 96" in solidarity with Liverpool FC.

I know we have many LFC supporters among us and in 112/113 and I think this would be a classy gesture on behalf of TFC supporters.

May I suggest it at the 6 minute mark which would match the 6th minute when the match was stopped 23 years ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jppV3db4alw&noredirect=1

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its anything like Wednesday, there won't even be enough fans in the stands to chant this at the 6 minute mark.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    Hi

Posting this in the main forum rather than the Chant one to reach a wider audience.

From the twittersphere it seems that supporters of all the Premier League teams (and likely lower league too) are planning to chant

I know we have many LFC supporters among us and in 112/113 and I think this would be a classy gesture on behalf of TFC supporters.

May I suggest it at the 6 minute mark which would match the 6th minute when the match was stopped 23 years ago?

Thanks
    A better show of solidarity would have been if this was done all along, and not just now that the truth is out.

edit - meaning the UK, not particularly here. Also, not wishing to belittle the gesture, but the families have gone through so much for so long... to show up now to stand with them shoulder to shoulder is a touch insincere.
    Last edited by TOBOR !; 09-14-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an amazing idea. And no it is not insincere to join in at this point. The facts are out now, but justice has not been dealt. There were at least two battles. 1. to get the facts out in the public and 2. to get justice done.

I am in full support of this idea. Many thanks to TFC Cityboy for posting.

Everyone attending Saturday should review this short video to get the tune. The 6th minute would be perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact, I wish there was a way we could get King Dave's banner out for this match. It was a beauty.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully support this initiative!!

-NORB approved.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone explain what happened ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    It's too bad ExiledRed was banned here. But there's a lot of info online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

long and short of it..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

liverpool fans were blammed, the UK Sun ran this trash article about their fans fighting off cops, picking pockets of the dead, pissing on rescue workers giving CPR. they were blamed for the whole thing, turns out that the first study they did was a crock of shit, this was from the most recent study..

On 12 September 2012, the Hillsborough Independent Panel[43] reached a conclusion that no Liverpool fans were responsible in any way for the disaster, and that the main cause of the disaster was a "lack of police control". Subsequent apologies were released by Prime Minister David Cameron on behalf of the government,[44] Ed Miliband on behalf of the opposition,[45] Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, South Yorkshire Police, and former editor of The Sun, Kelvin McKenzie, who apologised for writing the headline "The Truth".[46]
    Last edited by __wowza; 09-14-2012 at 01:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be noted that Hillsborough was a disaster in waiting. Crushes with people being barely able to breathe had happened the year before in the same stadium between the same two teams, as well as at the semi-final between Spurs and Wolves in 1981.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Cityboy. great idea.
    it was a horrible day as a Liverpool supporter.
    Kenny was the manager at the time. After the disaster he was going to mulitiple funerals everyday. it messed him up personally and professionally.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Everyone,

This is a chant thread that should be in a chant section. having said that....

There is a game tomorrow that could use our voices.
    We all know people who care deeply about 'Justice for the 96'.
    These people are our friends, and long time members of this group.
    I hope we can get the message out (even if it's just raising awareness about the issue).

please understand that moderators stick to rules so that tough decisions are easier to make.
    Also please understand that we're not a 24-7 organization, and sometimes hours will pass
    before things can be addressed (especially on Friday nights)

anyway, I've been up since 430am and I need my energy for the game tomorrow.

bring your singing voices, and your positive attitudes.

*edit - I've done a large cleanup of posts so we can get back on track.
    please dont be offended if your post was cleaned, but many public eyes
    read this area, and this matter isn't for them. let's move on, louder and better than before.
    Last edited by Parkdale; 09-14-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parky nailed it. Apologies for the confusion.

Bump for a good cause and something we should all be supporting.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had not noticed that this thread was moved back to the public area, until just now. My thanks Phil and Parkdale. A judicious clean up and reversal of opinion.

I think this idea will have little chance of flying, but I think it needs to be given every chance. This issue is important to all supporters, globally. We may be one group among many but supporters need to unite on some issues.

Supporters need to unite in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the author this is an excellent, albeit brief, telling of the story and recent developments. Look at the picture as well. Disturbing and moving.

http://m.thestar.com/article/1255898...ructive-lesson

96 people when to a football match and did not come home.

And it was made out to be their fault.

It was not.
    Last edited by Yagbod; 09-14-2012 at 11:53 PM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest Cathal has been doing some good stories lately.

It may be time to bury that hatchet.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out this video. It is 6 minutes of good football between Arsenal and Liverpool. The fans chant 'Justice of the 96' for the six straight minutes and held up a card Tifo that covers the entire Kop end the whole time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxFjT...e_gdata_player

That's dedication.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely, it's a bit disingenuous when the whole issue in England is all but over, to suddenly start chanting about those who died in Sheffield.

If this was that important, we should have been chanting about it 5 years ago, when the official line was that the supporters did it to themselves, rather than waiting for the supporters to have been cleared, and we are only waiting for justice to proceed.

If we had been doing this for years, I'd think otherwise. But we haven't, as far as I know.
    Last edited by nfitz; 09-15-2012 at 02:25 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ we aren't on the front line of that fight - in fact we're a world away.

I think this idea will have little chance of flying, but I think it needs to be given every chance. This issue is important to all supporters, globally. We may be one group among many but supporters need to unite on some issues.
    even if it doesn't fly (and the odds of any chants picking up in the 6th minute are slim) - the issue is to raise awareness. We can't change the world with a song, but we CAN make some more people aware of the situation.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    To be honest Cathal has been doing some good stories lately.

It may be time to bury that hatchet.

http://m.thestar.com/article/1255904...-nothing-kelly

this article should be required reading by everyone in the TFC organization.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I approve.

Not to take away from the victims of the tragedy but this is even bigger than football. This is about authorities who fabricated evidence, doctored reports, and shifted blame to the victims. This is something all citizens should be able to stand against. Creating awareness against injustice, even if it's to only a few, is never a bad thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to Parky and Phil for moving this back to get more visibility.

Nfitz- I take your point, the timing today (rather than the last few years) is due to the Independent report being published this week and after 23 years of the lies being the accepted truth ( by the media and those ignorant of the real truth), the report vindicating the families' struggle to shift the blame for those events from those who died, to those in command (Police, The FA, Emergency services etc).

My point was always that as part of the global family of football supporters, we could consider showing that we (yes, half a world away) care to see justice served and that no-one deserves to die on a sunny day at a football match thru no fault of their own.

Thanks to all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    http://m.thestar.com/article/1255904...-nothing-kelly

this article should be required reading by everyone in the TFC organization.
    I liked this article, thanks! This is the first time I have looked forward to next season and only because it is such a mystery.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Indeed, it will be good to see the unity in the stands today throughout England (and the world) in regards to showing solidarity on this issue. The families of those that died can now finally feel some vindication.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I watched the Man U / Wigan game, much of Liverpool v Sunderland and once in a while flipped to our game (I was watching during the 6th minute).

I didn't hear anything. Did I just miss it ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It did happen and I was surprised by the sound. Not sure how many joined in but it was more than I thought would. Lasted about a minute.

A small gesture, but important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hillsborough was the security and police fault and then they blamed it on the fans and the so called Hooligans. They were just normal fans and children. However Heysel Stadium in Brussels, Belgium was a different story in 1985. That disaster Liverpool hooligans were to blame for 39 deaths of Juventus fans after a group of Liverpool fans rushed towards Juventus fans who then ran in opposite direction to escape the fighting, but got blocked by a concrete wall, causing people getting crushed. The wall eventually collapsed. Some Juventus fans have never forgotten this, back in 2005 champions League 20 years after the disaster, Liverpool fans appoligised with a tifo, many Juventus fans turned there backs and giving Liverpool fans the finger. Some people blamed that Liverpool and Juventus fans should not have been right next to each other. Only a a small gap was made between 2 sets of fans.
    Last edited by james; 09-21-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    Hi

Thanks
    You mention the EPL clubs are doing it.
    Are they doing it in Serie A? Bundisliga? La Liga? and other European leagues?