Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Paper bags for the last TWO games

Let's do this for the last game of the year. it's cheap, funny and to the point.

we should also snig this. we did it last night and it was a laugh.

We never win at home
    and we never win away
    We lost last week
    and we lost today
    We don't give a fuck
    'Cos we're all pissed up
    Toronto FC
    OK

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a tradition with ML$E's other teams. Why not?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That one bag in the picture, is the punchline to a great quote. The coach of an NFL expansion team, in the 1970s, was asked: What do you think of your team's execution?

"I'm in favour of it"
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go for it if you want. I will never do this. I hate its message that I'm ashamed to follow my team.

I realize its a frustrated lark but you won't see me with a bag over my head.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Go for it if you want. I will never do this. I hate its message that I'm ashamed to follow my team.

I agree. If you don't like what you see, stay home. I never understood why anyone would take the time out of their day to go to a game to voice protest. Just stay home. That's a much better protest. TFC knows we're not happy.

As for me, I've missed the last 4-5 games or so, and will likely miss the rest of the season. I just don't care too much about meaningless games, especially when the quality is so poor. I'll renew, but unless we play a better kind of football, and actually win some, then my seat will be empty for most of 2013 - followed by not renewing for 2014. Last chance, TFC!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys are taking this far too seriously. it's tongue in cheek. it's a poke at the organization and how things look.

had to laugh at the meaningless games comment. I'm surprised you showed up to any this year... or last year... or the year before...etc.

the reason I would show up to voice my disaproval is because I care. I still go to games whether we win, lose or draw. i'm a supporter.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 09-13-2012 at 09:14 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I agree. If you don't like what you see, stay home. I never understood why anyone would take the time out of their day to go to a game to voice protest. Just stay home. That's a much better protest. TFC knows we're not happy.

As for me, I've missed the last 4-5 games or so, and will likely miss the rest of the season. I just don't care too much about meaningless games, especially when the quality is so poor. I'll renew, but unless we play a better kind of football, and actually win some, then my seat will be empty for most of 2013 - followed by not renewing for 2014. Last chance, TFC!
    I think you need to lighten up... it's a long standing Toronto joke, not a serious statement.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I realize its a joke, and all in good fun, I say go for it for whoever wants to. However, I myself will not be attending (as I haven't the entire season - not because I don't support the team, but other priorities have taken precedence for me this year). I do agree though with the statement not attending games is the best way of protesting.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ashamed my team is being managed by bunch of idiots and morons,I'm ashamed that my team plays like crap year after year,but I'm will never be ashamed for following my team,

and that's why I say YES to the paper bags.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we're onto something.

Buy a bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey and have them brown bag it for you.

Drink bottle to stomach TFC game.

Drop bottle into recycling box.

Recycle brown bag by wearing on your head at the game.

Note: If you do not cut the eye holes too big to too close to the bottom you can use it as a puke bag post game.
    Last edited by Suds; 09-13-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm all for the paper bags.

We should do up the last game proper. Have a tailgate (just people hanging out by the RPB tent like we used to do, not food or anything like that). Get proper drunk, sing stupid songs about winning the cup and take the piss out the situation we have been thrown in by the team.

I haven't had fun at a TFC game in a while. Let's fucking do it up RPB style circa 2008/09
    Last edited by jabbronies; 09-13-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the idea of protesting at this point. I like the idea of paper bags as well. I just don't think the FO will take it seriously. Wouldn't something like a big huge TIFO or a staged walk-out after the 24th minute have a better effect? I mean, as pissed as we are with the team...we couldn't possibly miss Danny Dichio! He's the only guy who's given us some sort of joy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I think you need to lighten up... it's a long standing Toronto joke, not a serious statement.
    Oh I know, and I should lighten up. But at this point I just couldn't be bothered to do anything for or against TFC - except not show up. I know that speaks louder than any word or action I could otherwise do. But I look forward to seeing people wear paper bags on their heads. Should be good for a laugh at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I'm all for the paper bags.

We should do up the last game proper. Have a tailgate (just people hanging out by the RPB tent like we used to do, not food or anything like that). Get proper drunk, sing stupid songs about winning the cup and take the piss out the situation we have been thrown in by the team.

I haven't had fun at a TFC game in a while. Let's fucking do it up RPB style circa 2008/09
    This is awesome. Let's do it. Season One stadium atmosphere, and there will be a lot of people saying goodbye to tix and the stadium, so one last hurrah for all of us.

I have a suggestion other than paper bags, but along similar lines.

At the end of the final game of the season, if you ain't coming back or you're thinking of not coming back, put a black bag over your seat. It's not destructive and it sure as heck is visible from the box seats as a statement.

(i know, i know, i'm a "registered user" not a "member". protest this, protest that, etc. etc. etc. But maybe just give it a thought when you see what inaction has done for your renewal price this year when they're sent out)
    Last edited by cmonyoureds; 09-13-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! everyone that's in spread the word. bring extra bags.
    lets have fun while sending a message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just be careful THIS don't happen to you:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    This is awesome. Let's do it. Season One stadium atmosphere, and there will be a lot of people saying goodbye to tix and the stadium, so one last hurrah for all of us.

I have a suggestion other than paper bags, but along similar lines.

At the end of the final game of the season, if you ain't coming back or you're thinking of not coming back, put a black bag over your seat. It's not destructive and it sure as heck is visible from the box seats as a statement.

(i know, i know, i'm a "registered user" not a "member". protest this, protest that, etc. etc. etc. But maybe just give it a thought when you see what inaction has done for your renewal price this year when they're sent out)
    Fuck it, it's a protest but let's have fun with it.

We're not walking out; we're not sitting quietly; we're not booing the team - paper bags, two sticks, songs, beers, take the piss out of the team and have fun.
    We've been sucking the proverbial TFC dick for years and look where it's gotten us. Let's do something different.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Yeah I mention it's a lark but it has just as much to do with Toronto as anywhere in NA that does it. I know I've seen it in gridiron and baseball outside of Toronto and I've thought less of those fans. I'm not going to take the bags off your heads but I won't participate.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Fuck it, it's a protest but let's have fun with it.

We're not walking out; we're not sitting quietly; we're not booing the team - paper bags, two sticks, songs, beers, take the piss out of the team and have fun.
    We've been sucking the proverbial TFC dick for years and look where it's gotten us. Let's do something different.
    Not a bad idea.

March around the stadium or some shit. Or every 10 minutes move to a new section lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I mention it's a lark but it has just as much to do with Toronto as anywhere in NA that does it. I know I've seen it in gridiron and baseball outside of Toronto and I've thought less of those fans. I'm not going to take the bags off your heads but I won't participate.
    I'll bring an extra in case you change your mind Pete.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    you guys are taking this far too seriously. it's tongue in cheek. it's a poke at the organization and how things look.

had to laugh at the meaningless games comment. I'm surprised you showed up to any this year... or last year... or the year before...etc.

the reason I would show up to voice my disaproval is because I care. I still go to games whether we win, lose or draw. i'm a supporter.
    Painting my bag GREEN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets not jibber jabber or over think this. we are not going for peace in the middle-east.
    We want responsible, knowledgeable management and fair ticket prices.

Paper bag protest during the last game.
    Gate 4 protest after the game.

this isn't rocket surgery!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ But maybe it's brain science?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would actually be a pretty effective protest, imo.

The Toronto media will love this, particularly the Sun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make Anslime, Mariner and the players wear them. They're the ones that should be embarrassed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Harold Ballard was still alive, and running this team, he'd make Mariner wear a paper bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner would respond that he agrees with the fans and that is why he will continue his work of building a team with players who care. he'll use it to his advantage.

Just re-watched one of his initial interviews where he's asked, "How much are you going to change things with the team as far as you've seen to be successful?"

Mariner's response, "Not a lot, I think we're close up in what we want in the building. I think it's there for all to see that we've just got to adjust what we're doing and I'm talking 10 or 15 yard movements of players, I'm not talking about reinventing the wheel. It just going to be an educational process for a few days, not rocket science."

Love to see a big...BIG sign asking Mariner and Cochrane to LEAVE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck boys...if we are gona do this...lets do it right......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shirts off....LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every year at the last home game TFC gives out a toque..this year they should give out just paper bags. They will be all for it, it will save them $$$$$$