Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Here is one reason why. We don't participate in international scouting networks and ID services like over 200 clubs do from around the world, including MLS Clubs like FC Dallas, DC, LA, Chicago, Chivas, Columbus, Montreal, New England, NYRB, Portland, RSL, San Jose and Vancouver.

This resource is good enough for those clubs, and FC Barcelona, Liverpool, Arsenal, AC Milan, Inter, Galatasaray, Boca Juniors and more. Not to worry though, we don't need to be in this, we have Paul Mariner and Earl Cochrane looking for about 8 or 9 good players.

This is the resource I am referring to

http://wyscout.com/all-customers/
    So what sort of network does TFC have? The journalists covering this team need to find out and ask some tough questions regarding this. The past 6 years has seen TFC struggle to find quality players, not to mention last minute game day signings in the not too distant past. I shake my head every time when we seem to only get other mls rejects, i guess its not supprising anymore as TFC has the worst reputation in NA soccer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I just wish the journalists would even ask some simple questions, like why the hell Mariner has been making 0-1 subs in most recent games, often only when forced. Also, why when we're out of the playoffs & he's supposedly looking to next year, why doesn't he ever fill his bench to give some more guys a look in a competitive match? I know that folks have said he's told a couple of academy grads to find a new team already (e.g., Cordon, Makubuya) and maybe that's why they don't even make the bench, but I would like to hear that straight from the horse's mouth. Even Lindsay is apparently fit again & has played reserve matches, but can't make the TFC bench after all that hard work of rehab. I'm worried that kind of crap will really influence the current academy kids & their parents, as they consider their options for going pro, signing with TFC or elsewhere, or going to college/university.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 09-16-2012 at 07:02 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    ^ I just wish the journalists would even ask some simple questions, like why the hell Mariner has been making 0-1 subs in most recent games, often only when forced. Also, why when we're out of the playoffs & he's supposedly looking to next year, why doesn't he ever fill his bench to give some more guys a look in a competitive match? I know that folks have said he's told a couple of academy grads to find a new team already (e.g., Cordon, Makubuya) and maybe that's why they don't even make the bench, but I would like to hear that straight from the horse's mouth. Even Lindsay is apparently fit again & has played reserve matches, but can't make the TFC bench after all that hard work of rehab. I'm worried that kind of crap will really influence the current academy kids & their parents, as they consider their options for going pro, signing with TFC or elsewhere, or going to college/university.
    That already happened,some academy boys left,some academy kids were pulled out by their parents.Parents from some very talented boys are hoping for Europe and if that does not work next options are Montreal and Vancouver,TFC is not the option for any of those boys and their parents because of whole circus surrounding TFC and academy.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    That already happened,some academy boys left,some academy kids were pulled out by their parents.Parents from some very talented boys are hoping for Europe and if that does not work next options are Montreal and Vancouver,TFC is not the option for any of those boys and their parents because of whole circus surrounding TFC and academy.
    I noticed Jordan Haynes is now part of the Vancouver Whitecaps Residency U-16 squad. Any info on what kind of potential he has? A big loss to TFC or?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thefreestyla View Post
    I noticed Jordan Haynes is now part of the Vancouver Whitecaps Residency U-16 squad. Any info on what kind of potential he has? A big loss to TFC or?
    He is on Canada U17 roster and definitely has potential.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Paul Mariner and atmosphere aside, anyone else growing tired with Jeremy Hall's tendency to give up when he is beaten... only to throw up his hands as if it is the covering defender's fault that he got beat?

I watched 2 recent games on PVR and on 3 goals, Hall was the man that was beat, he stopped tracking back and then threw his arms up to blame his teammates as if he shared no responsibility.
    You gotta watch back more games than that. I don't think there's been a game he's played at RB that he hasn't been turned inside out and left in the wake of whoever took him on 1v1. As a midfielder I don't think he's that bad, but at RB is brutal at defending and positioning and I can't for the life of me figure out how there isn't one player on the roster who could play that position better.
    Last edited by spark; 09-17-2012 at 10:29 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think even Matt Stinson played better as a RB, when he had to fill in for a few games last year. I remember Thierry Henry praised him by name after a game vs. NY.

I actually think Jeremy Hall played a few games halfway decent at RB. I think it was a combination of:
    - more defensive help from the midfield on that side (the MF is often completely open on that side these days);
    - slightly better positioning (perhaps the previous coach didn't let him line up as the 3rd CB within the width of the 6-yard box when there were 1 or 2 totally open players on his wing)
    - and more than anything, perhaps the opposing teams hadn't fully figured him out yet. I'm sure the scouting book for all teams now says "endlessly run at J. Hall, pull him inside out of position, and even if he's in position, you will be able to beat him 9 times out of 10."

Plus he probably knows he doesn't really have to try. He can jog behind the play after he's been beat, waive his arms a bit, but start the next game again & play the full 90.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 09-17-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    You gotta watch back more games than that. I don't think there's been a game he's played at RB that he hasn't be turned inside out and left in the wake of whoever took him on 1v1. As a midfielder I don't think he's that bad, but at RB is brutal at defending and positioning and I can't for the life of me figure out how there isn't one player on the roster who could play that position better.
    we have one....Richard Eckersley......RB is the position he's supposed to play, but don't try telling that to Professor No-pants..........

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    You gotta watch back more games than that. I don't think there's been a game he's played at RB that he hasn't be turned inside out and left in the wake of whoever took him on 1v1. As a midfielder I don't think he's that bad, but at RB is brutal at defending and positioning and I can't for the life of me figure out how there isn't one player on the roster who could play that position better.
    I think there is one player and his name is Eckersley,but he is playing OUT OF HIS POSITION TOO thanks to the clown on the sideline who makes the roster the way it is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roca View Post
    I wonder if they handed out a bunch of free tickets at half time..
    I don't think we can conclude much from the attendace # on Saturday. The gardiner closure made getting to the game a serious hassle. It took me over 30 mins to get from union to the stadium on the bus, many fans were in the same boat. I heard the dufferin bus was equally as frustrating.
    For all those people that say tear down the gardiner, or, build an NFL stadium on the CNE grounds, they obviously have no understanding of the lacklustre infrastructure thats in place in this city.
    That said, I was abit concerned when I saw the entire kids soccer team sitting in 110. I choose to sneak into that section every game for the supporters atmosphere. I hope there isn't an effort by the account managers and team management to effectively kill off the supporters sections of the stadium.
    it isn't like there was a lack of prime available sections to usher those kids into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Mariner really wants to show some of the guys who he claims are not putting enough effort out there, why not just play some of the Academy Grads that seemed to have disappeared since he started coaching. He has for the most part made this team worse then we where on that 0 and 9 skid. The funny part is that he is responsible for a lot of the player movements this season and it seems nobody tends to mention that. The overall feeling around the club again is of dis-function, apathy by management/ players and worst of all backroom drama yet again.

The easiest way fix the last six years, is to hire a Proper President, A General Manager- with 1 or 2 assistants and a coach who is only responsible for Coaching. The mess that is club is now in is solely because nobody really delivered a clear organizational structure and off and on for six years we have heard rumors of back stabbing, player dissent and overal negativity surrond the club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    we have one....Richard Eckersley......RB is the position he's supposed to play, but don't try telling that to Professor No-pants..........
    Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I think there is one player and his name is Eckersley,but he is playing OUT OF HIS POSITION TOO thanks to the clown on the sideline who makes the roster the way it is.
    Multi-Accounter ?

Good point(s) though why keep playing Eckersley at CD when there are legitimate options (Cann, Henry, Emory) available. At this point there is more depth in the middle of defense than on the sides. So why is the best wide defender being played in the middle ??

Is it good for a fullback to have CD experience (to understand what the guys in the middle are thinking).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Multi-Accounter ?

Good point(s) though why keep playing Eckersley at CD when there are legitimate options (Cann, Henry, Emory) available. At this point there is more depth in the middle of defense than on the sides. So why is the best wide defender being played in the middle ??

Is it good for a fullback to have CD experience (to understand what the guys in the middle are thinking).
    no multi-account.......just stuff that is painfully obvious to see to all except Professor No-pants........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    If you were at the game you know well that there were more people showing up well after 15-20 minutes.
    Look - I think we are all agreed on this board - we are all OK with 6000, or 7000, or even 8,000 - we are reasonable people.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-21-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: removed insult