Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    You guys complain complain complain, and good reason but you guys are still so stuppid to go and watch the games.
    Thanks for your valuable contribution to this conversation. Stuppid is as stuppid writes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Oh okay. That makes sense. Seems like football 101...given a name. I thought exploiting space and match ups was elementary football. It's not something you should have to teach pros.

This is more specific. Might be an issue with TFC considering they have a bad midfielder playing at RB and central defenders that treat the ball like a grenade. Lol

It's no surprise that Morgan looks so frustrated. One of the youngest guys on the team seems like the only defender who understands his role in advancing the ball and linking with the creative players in the midfield (of which we only have 1.5 in Silva and sometimes Lambe)
    Eckersley being stuck at CB is SO annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I oft find myself just nodding in agreement at all your posts. Slight bro crush developing here.

As for your last comment, paging Mr Molinaro. Where is my favourite TFC reporter? I know he'll do it. The rest of the media is so far up TFC's ass you can't expect anything legit from them.
    Thanks for the kind words. I definitely need to streamline my thoughts a lot more though. This team just brings out the worst in me these days. LOL

And yeah. Molinaro is probably the only mainstream media guy that I put faith in when it comes to asking the tough questions.

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Eckersley being stuck at CB is SO annoying.
    Agreed. Not that I like him all that much at RB either but the reasons for him being in at CB don't cut it for me. His compete level is off the charts but he is lacking in so many other departments that I'd rather see somebody else in there (even if they're not great) as opposed to a player that I don't think has the necessary skills to ever be an effective CB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Just open your eyes and look at the stands!!!
    I was at the games. I saw what I saw. I guestimated there was about 14,000 attending, and wondered how they would get away with the 18,000 announcement, and was surprised that the announced number matched about what I was seeing.

We know season tickets peaked at about 16,000. There'd be another 1,000 more in the partials, and at least another 1,000 sold to this - probably more. To believe that the 14,000 announced number was sold tickets, would imply that season ticket sales are below 12,000. And there weren't enough flagged seats at the last season seat redistribution to believe that there were 4,000 unsold season tickets this year.

I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure the number announced is the actual attendance (though there is some evidence of this over the years). I'm only saying that the number announced is clearly less than the ticket sales.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I was at the games. I saw what I saw. I guestimated there was about 14,000 attending, and wondered how they would get away with the 18,000 announcement, and was surprised that the announced number matched about what I was seeing.
    Being at the game does not mean you can count. I reiterate - you did not see 14000 people - your crowd counting abilities are not very good - look at the game in 6 and look at the many, many crowd shots at different times in the game - for every two people in the stands, there are 3-4 empty seats accompanying them - plus wide gaps with NO PEOPLE. BMO capacity is only 22K or so. Even the supporter areas were severely under populated. There is no way that last Friday's Panama game (17K actual real attendance) can begin to compare to Wednesday's game - come on, not even close.

We know season tickets peaked at about 16,000. There'd be another 1,000 more in the partials, and at least another 1,000 sold to this - probably more. To believe that the 14,000 announced number was sold tickets, would imply that season ticket sales are below 12,000.
    You are finally getting it - you were lied to again - what a surprise! You don't "know" anything - you are "told" things by marketers who have a vested interest in fooling you, creating hype, projecting scarcity of their product. Or perhaps you were told from a friend of a friend of a friend who works at MLSE - in other words you got the marketing hype through the MLSE telephone game... I think your "partial pack" and "walk up numbers are a bit high, but even if they are in the ballpark, it pegs Season Ticket holder count at 12,000-13,000 - it looks like we at least agree on the final number...

And there weren't enough flagged seats at the last season seat redistribution to believe that there were 4,000 unsold season tickets this year.
    You make a mistake going by flagged seats.... again, it is in MLSE interest to project scarcity, even during redistribution - if they have 8-10 tickets in a row, or area, available, it would not hurt them a bit to leave six of them unflagged, until the other 4 are taken... smoke and mirrors my friend... smoke and mirrors

I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure the number announced is the actual attendance (though there is some evidence of this over the years). I'm only saying that the number announced is clearly less than the ticket sales.
    Actual sold and attendence look about the same when the stadium is close to full - hence the impression that announced attendance is what goes through the gate... The proof of the pudding on what is really going on is when the stadium is empty... then you get to see how they play with numbers and what actual season ticket counts looks like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make a mistake going by flagged seats.... again, it is in MLSE interest to project scarcity, even during redistribution - if they have 8-10 tickets in a row, or area, available, it would not hurt them a bit to leave six of them unflagged, until the other 4 are taken... smoke and mirrors my friend... smoke and mirrors
    And yet there were sections of the stadium where there many seats available.

You've succumbed to tin-hat syndrome, I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet there were sections of the stadium where there many seats available.

You've succumbed to tin-hat syndrome, I'm afraid.

Is that the best reply you have nfitz? Tin-foil hats? Just explain the attendance numbers, account for the 1000's of missing folk from the game viv-a-vis announced vs. actually attended, and reconcile it with Season ticketholder count. Tin-hats... Meh.

Or explain how you "know" there are 16,000 season ticket holders - you certainly are not great at estimating crowds, I certainly wouldn't feel on solid ground with your estimates from MLSE reallocation... Do you have anything we can take to the bank?

I am not sure you have the hang of a "tin foil hat" reference...

Last edited by tiberius; 09-14-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that the best reply you have nfitz?
    Not at all. I'm completely disgusted by the Toronto when they win attitude ...

Toronto when they win,
    I’m Toronto when they win,
    I know I am,
    I’m sure I am,
    I’m Toronto when they win.

Your complete inability to estimate a crowd, and put together a chain of logic without getting into conspiracy theories, makes any rational discussion a waste of time.
    Last edited by nfitz; 09-14-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your complete inability to estimate a crowd, and put together a chain of logic without getting into conspiracy theories, makes any rational discussion a waste of time.
    ??? Please layout your chain of logic - you have not done so. Once you have set out a train of thought, then perhaps it seems fair that you can toss hats at people. Just cuz somebody told you there were 16,000 season tickets holders, and you believed it, doesn't make it so - no matter how hard you wish for it....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

??? Please layout your chain of logic - you have not done so. Once you have set out a train of thought, then perhaps it seems fair that you can toss hats at people. Just cuz somebody told you there were 16,000 season tickets holders, and you believed it, doesn't make it so - no matter how hard you wish for it....
    That was the number of season seats years ago, before they built the North Stand. Surely you aren't implying that MLSE was lying about this back in Season 2, when they were 100% sold out.

I've never said there were 16,000 season ticket holders ... most hold more than 1 seat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the number of season seats years ago, before they built the North Stand. Surely you aren't implying that MLSE was lying about this back in Season 2, when they were 100% sold out.

I've never said there were 16,000 season ticket holders ... most hold more than 1 seat.
    The number of season ticket seats that MLSE were striving to sell, and the number they have actually sold, as of today, are two completely different matters - how many "sold" season ticket holder seats do you think there are? Please share this number with us. Then, reconsile whatever number you make up, with the "attendance" for the Wednesday night game. Then reconsile the "attendance number" for the game with the several thousand "ghosts" who were counted in the attendance total, but clearly were not at the game. Just make the numbers work - somehow...
    Last edited by tiberius; 09-14-2012 at 06:54 PM.