Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those chants of who are ya are directed at Mariner right???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please make it stop!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Those chants of who are ya are directed at Mariner right???
    What chants,?

Just got here, is it true Mariner said this is the worst half he ever saw?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's true that Mariner said that during half time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    What chants,?
    Those two 8 year olds behind the bench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

goool! Hassli with the goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice goal by Hassli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why we wasted our time with Amarikwa playing behind the striker when it should have been Silva the entire time. Sure enough he created that chance for Hassli.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well that was a waste of time. we need an overhaul. keep lambe, silva, hassli, kocic, morgan, o'dea and ecks, cut the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The goal came after the Pardo and Fernandes, substitutions. So its a shit goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well........

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well that was a waste of time. we need an overhaul. keep lambe, silva, hassli, kocic, morgan, o'dea and ecks, cut the rest.
    The fish always stinks from the head downwards

I would start with Anselmi,Cochrane,Mariner,Brennan,Bernie, and than deal with players.

Retards like them would be chased out of town anywhere else in the world,they should be thanking god they are in North America.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    The fish always stinks from the head downwards

I would start with Anselmi,Cochrane,Mariner,Brennan,Bernie, and than deal with players.

Retards like them would be chased out of town anywhere else in the world,they should be thanking god they are in Toronto.
    Edit:

front office needs to be blown up. The losing is becoming a culture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaron Maund DM - He's not a DM - case in point, Fire's first goal. Should have started Stinson who IS a DM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cleaning out the FO like RSL did is beyond necessary. However, since the guy in charge of the mess just got promoted, don't expect changes soon enough. But will there be anyone left in the stands after season 7 goes belly up as well?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First time ever since year one I've left early from a game. Just could not stay and feel like crap in the stands any longer.

I still stand by my my comments many months ago that nothing will change until the people who have presided over years of losing are replaced with people with years of experience winning. Some people know how to win and some do not. The culture is that of losing. Until the lead of this organization is replaced with winners it will be the same.

As for the tactics and play, it's just as bad as it has ever been. There has been zero improvement in style, play, ability as a team or individually, or passion. That lies with the coaching staff in place. A few tweaks my ass.
    Last edited by Suds; 09-12-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    As for the tactics and play, it's just as bad as it has ever been. There has been zero improvement in style, play, ability as a team or individually, or passion. That lies with the coaching staff in place. A few tweaks my ass.
    What happened to all the good feelings of optimism from the first few games under Mariner?

Do the current crop of players look more positive tonight than during the last game under Winter?

It was so obvious that this would happen. This style of play will not work. It was never going to yield the results that were supposed to get this team feeling better about themselves.

Promoting Mariner was supposed to be the stop gap and the u turn to get us going in the right direction.

Instead, it's alienated some good players, flat out lost us others and lost us way more supporters than we ever would have lost without the promotion.

Mariner staying and being promoted could turn out to be the worst thing that this club has ever done....and they've done some terrible things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That's not a shortened bench. It's five subs plus a goalie in MLS; it's seven in Concacaf tourney play, ala ECL, I believe.
    Nope. You are wrong.

It is a shortened bench.

You get to dress 7 subs. It has always been this way since I started following MLS.

Chicago dressed one more player than TFC did.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter...-v-chi/rosters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maund, Hall and Emory are a joke. The first half was anemic for TFC. Our mid field sucks. Once the clown (Paul Mariner) brought on Morgan, Avila and Stinson things improved a little. I am glad we got our goal keeper back on the pitch. I really miss Soolsma on the wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

worst soccer game i have ever watched, i dont know whether to be sad or just laugh at it at this point.. the only guy i see out there who deserves a spot next year is eckersley.. and i'd keep kovermanns and kocic as well, could care less about the rest

seriously getting sick of this losing reputation and money goin down the drain maybe i will just stick to watching my epl on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt bad for missing the game...missed watching too....actually have not attended since July....protesting. My tix are going unused...protesting. Shit show...period. The crowd has to get at Mariner. People on the board have said all the right things tonight. Shitty MLS reject players replaced some decent players...good players have given up...some have been benched. I hope we lose very game we have left....and supporters go over the top at the townhall meetings this year. Mariner has begun to blame the players openly. Winter stated repeatedly that the team lacked quality...nothing was done about it. Mariner claims he had nothing to do with player trades or signings under Winter....fucken bullshit. How would Winter knwo about Andy Iro???? Mariner replaced some good players we rejects....results have been catastrophic. We need to protest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe Stinson hasn't received much playing time under Mariner. I thought he played well under Winter last year. Instead Lambe, Hall, Maund,Amrikwa, Makubya, etc....have all played in front of him. Fucken clown Mariner. The only guy who should have received more playing time under Winter was Silva....everyone else that've mariner has played or brought in are shittier than shit. We would lose to NASL or CSL sides for certain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it time to bring out the green shirts we wore to protest MLSE again?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mak View Post
    I felt bad for missing the game...missed watching too....actually have not attended since July....protesting. My tix are going unused...protesting. Shit show...period. The crowd has to get at Mariner. People on the board have said all the right things tonight. Shitty MLS reject players replaced some decent players...good players have given up...some have been benched. I hope we lose very game we have left....and supporters go over the top at the townhall meetings this year. Mariner has begun to blame the players openly. Winter stated repeatedly that the team lacked quality...nothing was done about it. Mariner claims he had nothing to do with player trades or signings under Winter....fucken bullshit. How would Winter knwo about Andy Iro???? Mariner replaced some good players we rejects....results have been catastrophic. We need to protest.
    The best part of this game was how so few people attended. Beautiful night, perfect conditions, a population of over 5 mill in the gta, and, what, 10k show up? Perfect. This, more than any amount of whining by the media or supporters will help the new owners take a second look at this mess, either by selling it, or improving the product. Has MLSE ever lost money before? The suits will have to use their brains for a change.
    The sooner the better or we will see this club move to another city within five years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It's like a practice game for them out there.

Eckersley is really starting to show some weakness at CB
    What are you Mariners brother in law? Thats because he's a GOD DAMN RIGHT BACK.
    No offence, its just frustrating seeing this talented boy being played out of position with other healthy options at centre back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Announced attendance: 14623

I'm pretty sure that's a record low for TFC in a MLS regular season game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not all bad! At least we are keeping up with tradition.

As the "Worst team in the world"

I say stop spending your dollars there. Shut the lid on the garbage can for a year!

Open it up for Season 8 and see if it still stinks. If it does wait another year and see.

The smell is already unbearable!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Announced attendance: 14623

I'm pretty sure that's a record low for TFC in a MLS regular season game.
    "attendance" at BMO includes all tickets sold - this means that at most, there are 14623 season ticket holders, assuming KIA didn't buy a few thousand for this game, or there was some grope-on promotion... or somebody walked up and bought a ticket... Sooo.. it appears that they lied about the 16,000 season tickets sold. Am I missing something?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed (with exception of Morgan maybe). Plus addition of Frings, Frei, Johnson and everyone else out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    "attendance" at BMO includes all tickets sold
    I believe the club claims they announce tickets scanned.

Either way, the numbers always seem to be inflated.