Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mods, I screwed up the title, can someone give a brother a hand.

Oh yeah... Canada Rocks!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Morning,it's nice to be back.

SPECIAL THANKS TO NEREPIS for posting TFC News while I was away.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, he rides in with the cavalry and saves the day, Thanks Denime. Good to have you back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm incredibly happy this morning, almost teary-eyed.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet victory
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would consider that formation from last night as a 4-1-4-1 and I didnt see much from the team to say that they could score goals on a counter or by lobbing the ball forward. Every possesion it seemed like they were scared to press forward and it allowed the Panamanian team to settle on defense by the time they inched forward enough to lob the ball to Occean. IMO, the tactics of Stephen Hart aren't much different than Paul Mariner.

I caught a little of the post game interview but I didnt hear what Hart had to say about playing two strikers up front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yes, Sweet Victory

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    sweet victory
    Due to work committments, watched the game on the PVR this morning.

Great game and GREAT fan support! Proud of the RPB!

It was great to see the Red and White win, if only the other Red and White team could win more often!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all last night who lent their voices to supporting the boys in Red n White!!

-Let's give em hell in the away leg as well!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's one from the "Never saw this coming" files!!!!! Standings for FIFA WCQ in CONCACAF.

Awesome. Honestly, no disrespect to our American friends. I just wouldn't have dreamt this situation in a million years.

The forces of soccer will probably right itself. But the possibility is there that we top our group, and the States do not make it to the next round. I won't get a head of myself, but man it makes me giddy.
    Last edited by TorCanSoc; 09-08-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with NBF on this. Stephen Hart's tactics (or lack of) are holding this team back. I love the players on this team and I think there's serious quality there, but when you struggle to score goals against sub-MLS quality sides with the MLS MVP and top scorer in your team as well as an EPL striker, you have serious tactical issues. Canada doesn't have any classical, fast wingers, nor do we have anyone who can play as a loan striker, yet Hart insists on playing with both. They'd be much better off IMO playing a 4-4-2 with DeRo and Jackson in their proper positions as strikers.
    Borjan
    Edgar - Mckenna - Hainault - de Jong
    Simpson - Hutch - de Guzman - Johnson
    DeRo - Jackson
    Last edited by Ajax TFC; 09-08-2012 at 03:58 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I have to agree with NBF on this. Stephen Hart's tactics (or lack of) are holding this team back. I love the players on this team and I think there's serious quality there, but when you struggle to score goals against sub-MLS quality sides with the MLS MVP and top scorer in your team as well as an EPL striker, you have serious tactical issues. Canada doesn't have any classical, fast wingers, nor do we have anyone who can play as a loan striker, yet Hart insists on playing with both. They'd be much better off IMO playing a 4-4-2 with DeRo and Jackson in their proper positions as strikers.
    Borjan
    Edgar - Mckenna - Hainault - de Jong
    Simpson - Hutch - de Guzman - Johnson
    DeRo - Jackson
    -Simpson has a broken leg or something and is out for a long time
    -Hirshfeld has been solid in goal ever since that one slight mistake vs St Lucia. Well, that sent off in Cuba but whatever. He's come up huge whenever he's called upon. (Remember that last second reflex save vs US in June?)
    -JDG just haven't shown he's good enough in a 4-4-2 system. He needs help. Hutchinson covers a lot of space and can play box to box, but even then, give up a lot of ground in mid of park when clogging it has been key to success in defence for Canada so far.
    -DeRo-Jackson combo just don't have the ability to hold the ball up, which Occean can do.

I'm happy with 1-0 wins. Canada creates enough chances. Just the finishing has been the problem. If it's stupid, but it works, then it's not stupid. Though I think Canada can use Jono at AM and Hoilett on RW...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I'm happy with 1-0 wins. Canada creates enough chances. Just the finishing has been the problem. If it's stupid, but it works, then it's not stupid. Though I think Canada can use Jono at AM and Hoilett on RW...
    Which is why I think it's dumb to keep the EPL striker and the MLS top scorer out on the wings. And lets hope to hear from Hoilett soon. I wonder what his next excuse will be now that he has his long term contract signed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Which is why I think it's dumb to keep the EPL striker and the MLS top scorer out on the wings. And lets hope to hear from Hoilett soon. I wonder what his next excuse will be now that he has his long term contract signed
    Jackson is shit as lone striker. DeRo can't hold the ball up either. He's no good at AM because he doesn't track back.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano