View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All be back,but number of ticket will depend on price and what they do with this team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? the numbers are the numbers, and Montreal in year one is a much better team then we were in the first several years, and is still a better team then us today, whether you like Montreal and I do like Montreal, because of the Italian connection, those numbers are clear. But I am a Torontonian and I am not comfortable with supporting teams from other cities, even if it is a city that I have a great affinity for. I just wish TFC was much different then it is, or that we had another MLS team to support.

The only thing that I have to say for Montreal and Vancouver, is that I expected them to be better then we were because they already has a solid base to build on, but six year in it is no longer a viable excuse.
    This. Even with all we disagree on, we agree on this. Your liking a style a play or cultural affiliation does not make you a Montreal supporter anymore than my Scottish link makes me a Portland or Vancouver supporter. Big difference having a TFC supporter point out how far we have to go. At least we want the improvement.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-10-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I say about 65 to 70% total will renew. I know people, not in these groups, who said for 3 years they would never renew but each year all of them did. Of course much will depend on what TFC does and what they offer. If they do something nuts and raise the price then this is all out the window. I think they are smarter than that. I think they will do something. What and how much, we'll have to wait and see.
    65-70% of 16,000 is only 9,600 to 11,200. The likelihood is those would be more expensive seats too, I think the FO would rightly see that as a catastrophe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    65-70% of 16,000 is only 9,600 to 11,200. The likelihood is those would be more expensive seats too, I think the FO would rightly see that as a catastrophe.
    Is 16k what they sold last year for season seats? I seem to recall it was higher. Anyway, a drop of 30%-45% of their ticket base would be a catastrophe. I don't think it will be that drastic. Just my gut feeling. Even though the 14k number was used as a target I think it will be a serious hit to TFC if the SSH number dropped below 16k from where they once were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can take this poll and relate it to the entire crowd at all...

There are plenty of season tickets out there attached to companies, who will renew no matter how bad the team is - to have them for business...

There are corporate seats attached to sponsor deals and such that are renewed automatically as part of those deals...

Those are all counted in the 'renewal rate' I'm sure, as they are sold seats that are sold again...

Of all the people willing to not-renew based on the performance of the club, its the "fans"... Not the hardcore supporters, not the billionaire company or sponsor deal - but the fan who goes, wants to see a win, wants to be entertained, wants to have hope...

They're first, and they are starting / have started to leave - but there are still plenty of companies, plenty of deals, and plenty supporters who just can't pull the cord, that will keep renewal rate "decent"... Not "great" (those days are gone) but there's still enough to keep them going...

Like I said, I am renewing, I'm one of those people who just can't / don't want to pull the cord...

Just my 2-cents...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul tweeted that renewals are still being planned. Doesn't know when they'll start, but he guesses it would be a monthish.

Good to see so many people excited about renewals though ... if people weren't interested, they wouldn't be so keen to discuss it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    NYRB aren't operated by MLSE.
    How true is that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh crap, I just realized... MLSE isn't going to worry about the fans - they're just going to sell the season tickets to the Corporations by selling them on summer games nights to entertain clients when there are no other events going on. The Corps will use them as tax write-offs and we'll be just like the Leafs, but on grass.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Is 16k what they sold last year for season seats? I seem to recall it was higher. Anyway, a drop of 30%-45% of their ticket base would be a catastrophe. I don't think it will be that drastic. Just my gut feeling. Even though the 14k number was used as a target I think it will be a serious hit to TFC if the SSH number dropped below 16k from where they once were.
    The exact number of renewals is unimportant really. It'll be lower than last year, guaranteed. They may have sold all 16,000 season tickets last year, but I'm sure they had to be creative to do it... and it took longer than previous years.

I doubt they'll accomplish it this year, and we'll start to see a trend.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ensco
    True Fan can't handle the Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Now you're complicating things...Is True Fan not smart OR drunk OR...BOTH .

Unfortunately Ensco's original link is password protected, so I have to speculate a bit on this for you York...
    I think what Ensco is clearly saying is that that Smart Fan drinks a lot, which allows him to handle the truth. The (wisely inebriated) Smart Fan is far too busy ordering more beer to get overly upset about the route 1 hoof-ball, the two faced corporate bureaucracy, the three wise men, the four DPs, the five price increases, the six seasons of futility, the seven coaches, the eight FO ticket "executives", the nine FO "coordinators", the ten... etc.. etc... the 132 players, etc, etc... In fact smart fan eventually just passes out and forgets to renew...

On the other hand (sober) True Fan has to deal with all this shit without the aid of his friend, John Barleycorn . In this case, the only hope for the pain to go away is to renew and pray for a winning season that will allow the painful memories to fade to a distant memory...
    Last edited by tiberius; 09-10-2012 at 09:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I'm renewing... I love this team - I feel they are MY team...

I know, I know - by doing so, MLSE has no reason to change...

When I talk about TFC, I say things like "...wow, WE really suck..." or "...well WE blew a lead yet again..."

When I'm talking about others its "...damn the Leafs suck..." even though I am a big Leaf fan...

I love going to the games, and I love being at BMO... Also, my tickets are like real estate. I love the location of them, they have been mine forever, and I don't want someone else owning them... Weird I know...

If I was to not renew, I know I could make any game. I know I could get to playoff games and even an MLS Cup if that miracle occurred - but they wouldn't be my seats...

I love this club, and love having a piece of it and a 'home' at BMO...

It is what it is...

Carts...
    ^in many ways I agree,...although I'm strongly disappointed with next years outlook....lost ALL respect for Mr. M and above ...heartfelt acknowledgement to the boys on the team who still care...my wife however treats her visits to bmo as a duty and loves everyone around her..(ok there is one drunk pisser and of course he'll renew) lol...plus side there are so many people whether i agree with or not that are part of our world with which we would never have come into contact..and are the better for it.....you ALL know the negative side..............let me expand on that (just kidding)....hate it that I feel so disrespected by FO and would love some team decisions to have a little more class/family side to them hello Milos, Soolsma,..Dero...Mr. Frings Mr Winter...blah blah...would love a classy tradition win or lose to be the norm....I can dream can't I......we are on the limb but the wife will as usual win out..lol...all it would take for me is for Mariner to leave........say no more.....on the credit card promo ha anyone who gives me a credit card is nuts.....DaveyT..we'll miss ya ..class act and real supporter
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    My financial situation hit me pretty hard this year especially towards the end of the summer so I don't think I will renew even though I love my seat location and all the perks that go with my current location that you don't get in other parts of the stadium. If I could find someone to buy the seasons from me and I keep the rights I would do it to keep the seats because I should have corrected my situation by next year but considering the fact that I couldn't even give away the few pairs that I didn't use this year it doesn't bode well for that plan. If they dropped the price significantly I may be able to manage but I doubt there will be a drop. Sad time for me cause I make it to almost every game right now and will miss having my same seats. I will just have to pick some tickets up next year as the season goes probably if the price is right. I will continue to bug my friends to join in on the season tickets with me in the meantime and you never know, I may be able to convince someone to split them.
    Hey we will talk at the next game. It will all work out I can't lose my neighbour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    ^ ...heartfelt acknowledgement to the boys on the team who still care...
    ... and would love some team decisions to have a little more class/family side to them
    ...would love a classy tradition win or lose to be the norm....
    ... I can dream can't I......
    Yes Jazzy you can dream - in fact I share the same dream... Isn't that all we are really asking for? A little class? Some high quality behaviour, some integrity, honesty, dignity... some style? That also helps to build a storied club...

It grates to pay high class prices to a low class organization for a poor product. A high class organization that fields a mediocre team would be AOK in my books...

When your dream comes true jazzy, I will be first in line to get season tickets again, until then... meh. I don't like to do business with, nor have a relationship with, those who do not have integrity.
    Last edited by tiberius; 09-10-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Yes Jazzy you can dream - in fact I share the same dream... Isn't that all we are really asking for? A little class? Some high quality behaviour, some integrity, honesty, dignity... some style? That also helps to build a storied club...

It grates to pay high class prices to a low class organization for a poor product. A high class organization that fields a mediocre team would be AOK in my books...

When your dream comes true jazzy, I will be first in line to get season tickets again, until then... meh. I don't like to do business with, nor have a relationship with, those who do not have integrity.
    Yes. Oh God yes.

This is sorely lacking in this organization, and perhaps would make the difference.

And totally agreed on participating with an organization/company that has no class in how it treats its players and coaches, both past and present.

If I had to guess, Milos will be the next casualty of this depravity.
    Last edited by Alonso; 09-10-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turnbr View Post
    + 1 !!!
    except for that bit about your season's tickets and your sections.
    and except that part about Scotland pumping the Brits.
    or the bit about Ipswich cretins.
    Other than that, I agree with you 100% ;-)

Eh? Is that a wind up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Yes. Oh God yes.
    I thought for a minute there, that you were having a Meg Ryan moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    If I had to guess, Milos will be the next casualty of this depravity.
    Lets hope not - sometimes bad organizations can make the right decisions, for the wrong reasons, and everything works out OK...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Is 16k what they sold last year for season seats?
    In an interview at the start of this season, Paul Berine stated that season tickets were sold out at 16,000 for this season.

This is despite the fact that at this time last year they set the goal of 18,000 for season tickets.

So they lowered their target by 2,000 and than claimed it was a sell out.

Classic MLSE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    In an interview at the start of this season, Paul Berine stated that season tickets were sold out at 16,000 for this season.

This is despite the fact that at this time last year they set the goal of 18,000 for season tickets.

So they lowered their target by 2,000 and than claimed it was a sell out.

Classic MLSE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George Bush's presidency reminds me a lot of the leadership at MLSE and TFC FO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    George Bush's presidency reminds me a lot of the leadership at MLSE and TFC FO.
    TFC FO, George Bush and the word "leadership" all used in the same sentence, proving there's a first time for everything!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Originally Posted by ensco
    True Fan can't handle the Truth

Unfortunately Ensco's original link is password protected, so I have to speculate a bit on this for you York...
    I think what Ensco is clearly saying is that that Smart Fan drinks a lot, which allows him to handle the truth. The (wisely inebriated) Smart Fan is far too busy ordering more beer to get overly upset about the route 1 hoof-ball, the two faced corporate bureaucracy, the three wise men, the four DPs, the five price increases, the six seasons of futility, the seven coaches, the eight FO ticket "executives", the nine FO "coordinators", the ten... etc.. etc... the 132 players, etc, etc... In fact smart fan eventually just passes out and forgets to renew...

On the other hand (sober) True Fan has to deal with all this shit without the aid of his friend, John Barleycorn . In this case, the only hope for the pain to go away is to renew and pray for a winning season that will allow the painful memories to fade to a distant memory...
    Very good!

Not what I was saying, actually better.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lips View Post
    Hey we will talk at the next game. It will all work out I can't lose my neighbour
    Ok Mike. I was going to talk to you about it next game anyhow. See you then.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hypothetical situation :

Your favourite band puts out a new album.

You've listened to all the sample tracks online.

It's pure crap. You can't stand it.

Do you still buy the album ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hypothetical situation :

LOVE THESE...

NO.

I buy a ticket to their concert while they're in town and make a sign saying "YOU SOLD OUT".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yes - Maybe it will grow on me and I'll learn to appreciate their new sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Last games in my seats this Saturday & a Red Rose

This saturday is "my" last BMO game of the year, and the last game that I will hold my season ticket seats.

I planned on having a heart felt ceremony with my seats on saturday, I will trully miss the good ol'days.

Anyone else that's not renewing have anything planned.

I feel like Im breaking up with a long time GF.

I plan on leaving a single red rose on each of my seats as my last gesture as a season ticket holder to MLSE
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 09-11-2012 at 09:23 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hypothetical situation :

True story. I bought St. Anger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO- i download it at best

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's that "Burn your tickets on Youtube" thread.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

we have two more home games in October