View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    State your cases people but do it without insulting others with backhanded comments.
    agreed Pete.
    same as those that think this is too early. if you don't like it then don't take part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's something else that interests me that i've heard of over the last few months. the people that are so interested or active on the board but never put their ass in the seat (or stand on it). why are you here? yes, this is a very pointed question.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Not sure if trolling...
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh.....will I renew....yes.....why??

Well TFC is my team. I like Barca and follow them, care about them, talk about them.....but they will never be my hometown team, the team I've loved since before they had played a game. TFC has a place in my heart that sadly through good and bad (mainly bad) will always be there. TFC means I get to go see soccer with my dad 17 times a year (even when we lose 154-1, at least I can laugh with him about just how bad we are). I get to make it out to Joe's and see the many, many great people I've met over the last 6 years (yes, that means you!! ). Heck, I met the person I'm getting married to in 34 days () because of TFC!

Remember Dichio's first goal?? what about being at the Miracle in Montreal? Remember when we almost died in Philly?? or the feeling at the CL game at Rogers? That's why I'm renewing

Call me stupid, or sappy or a sheep willing to pay MLSE for crap.....maybe that's what I am. But end of the day, even without many achievements on the field, TFC is and hopefully will always be a part of my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post

Well TFC is my team. I like Barca and follow them, care about them, talk about them.....but they will never be my hometown team, the team I've loved since before they had played a game. TFC has a place in my heart that sadly through good and bad (mainly bad) will always be there. TFC means I get to go see soccer with my dad 17 times a year (even when we lose 154-1, at least I can laugh with him about just how bad we are). I get to make it out to Joe's and see the many, many great people I've met over the last 6 years (yes, that means you!! ). Heck, I met the person I'm getting married to in 34 days () because of TFC!

Remember Dichio's first goal?? what about being at the Miracle in Montreal? Remember when we almost died in Philly?? or the feeling at the CL game at Rogers? That's why I'm renewing

Call me stupid, or sappy or a sheep willing to pay MLSE for crap.....maybe that's what I am. But end of the day, even without many achievements on the field, TFC is and hopefully will always be a part of my life.
    I'm not having a difg but you could've done all those without a season ticket. Not renewing doesn't equal walking away from TFC, I'll still support the team and attend games.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I agree with your sentiment,

Rene K. is 100% right ,not renewing doesn't equal walking away from TFC,you can be TFC Supporter attend the game without being STH.

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    I'm not having a difg but you could've done all those without a season ticket. Not renewing doesn't equal walking away from TFC, I'll still support the team and attend games.
    After 20 years of absence I used the opportunity to watch my old club Red Star Belgrade,only few have season tickets holders over there,but jet they still manage to create moments like this:

http://youtu.be/yyzbBueSaZ4

Who ever does not renew his ST is still TFC supporter as the ones with ST,let's not divide ourselves over this and try to create moments like the one on the picture and video above.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, not renewing has never been a question. Am I frustrated of where we are, yes, but this is my hometown team.

I am renewing.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    but if you plan on attending every game (which I did say).....why would you not want to renew?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but if you plan on attending every game (which I did say).....why would you not want to renew?
    Yes, renewing and supporting can be two different things. I may renew just because I intend on attending each game next year. I like my seat location and I find it easier than trying to get ticket trader tix. Even if I miss a few games, the convenience out weighs the cost, *for me*. I understand those who have different reasons for renewing or not. Their value of time, money and entertainment is not mine. Heck, if less people renew and just want to pick up single game tix, it may mean a better chance of my tix being bought up.

Why do we call those who renew, suckers, and those who don't, non supporters? The fighting has lost focus and turned inward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    Why do we call those who renew, suckers, and those who don't, non supporters? The fighting has lost focus and turned inward.
    I hope that I'm in no way calling anyone out for non-renewing.

Like you said....I like my seat location, I plan on still going to all games. That combined with the fact that regardless of results, I have reasons I still enjoy going to games.......I don't see why I wouldn't renew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that I'm in no way calling anyone out for non-renewing.

Like you said....I like my seat location, I plan on still going to all games. That combined with the fact that regardless of results, I have reasons I still enjoy going to games.......I don't see why I wouldn't renew
    No, you're not calling anyone out - you I'd an excellent job of describing why regardless of what was happening in the front office, back office or the pitch why you would continue to be a STH, or not. We (all of us) are supporters because we support the team, whatever that means to each person. Not because X has Seasons, or Y sits in a certain section or Z has been on so many road trips.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it's almost 100% certain I will renew. As screwed as this club is at the moment I still get value out of the money I spend. I still look forward to game days and meeting up with friends.

I think if my friends started dropping their seats it would impact my decision.

I will say that after the Canada game on Friday I long for the days it felt like that for TFC games at BMO. I'm enjoying the national team games much more than TFC games. I hope TFC put some real effort into re-engaging the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not renewing.
    Not a financial decision.
    I started in season 1 with 10 tickets in the upper deck. Dropped tickets over past 2 seasons.
    This season I renewed just 2, but sold them in April at a small loss.

I'm not renewing for three reasons:
    1 Maple Leaf Sports Enterprises have no idea how to be competitive in pro sports (pick your team);
    2. Tom Anselmi not only remains employed, but gets promoted - his thumbs are all over TFC;
    3. Paul Marriner is so far removed and behind modern football, the club remains unable to compete.

If the team were able to compete, and be somewhat entertaining, perhaps I stick around. But I see no sign to this, just more change and more of the same thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    if anyone is waiting for a discount then they are in for a long wait. remember who we are dealing with here.
    for

^ fraid so,..apparently won't happen , rumour is, it is already decided for next year and too late...............Anselmi , FO, and Mariner ...why us,...cash your cheques and fook #$#.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    i see where asterix is coming from, i also compare what TFC are doing compared to what the 2 other clubs in Canada are doing.

montreal has 10 wins at home in 1 season, do we even have 10 regular season home wins in 6 years???

Vancouver is in the playoff hunt after a few seasons

TFC management is shit from top to bottom and TFC are being left in the dust

the comparison is valid in my opinion
    ^100% the sooner tfc gets off their high horse and faces reality the sooner,..change can happen
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    i see where asterix is coming from, i also compare what TFC are doing compared to what the 2 other clubs in Canada are doing.

montreal has 10 wins at home in 1 season, do we even have 10 regular season home wins in 6 years???

Vancouver is in the playoff hunt after a few seasons

TFC management is shit from top to bottom and TFC are being left in the dust

the comparison is valid in my opinion
    A comparison is valid in context. If one is comparing Canadian teams it's very different than comparing ones second favourite team to their biggest rival even if it is ones first favourite team on their supporters site.

Context is everything, P.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-10-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am torn about renewing or not renewing this coming year. I have been a STH since the beginning and love attending home games. The supporters are top notch and really make for a great game day experience. I guess it comes down to that I would gladly renew if I felt this club had direction and focus. I was afraid to admit on these boards that I thought Winter was doing a good job. My concern was his player choices. I just did not think he was putting the right players in and/or at a position advantageous to the club. There were some injury issues as well.

With the appointment of Mariner as manager and not interim manager I was concerned (to put it mildly) but open minded. Now I am just concerned.

My biggest challenge is that if the club does not soon discover a direction and the proper focus how are we ever going to attract and keep quality players. What player would feel comfortable in this environment. They will always play with one foot out the door mentality.

Sorry for rambling. I realize my post could go on 8 different threads. Bottom line show direction and I will renew.

Also, I totally respect people's decision on this topic. For me it has been a struggle.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For strictly monetary reasons? Because there's a huge and desperate aftermarket for tickets, and you could attend every single game and pay less than the comparable (averaged out) season ticket would cost you. Buying seasons also effectively gives MLSE an interest-free loan which ammortizes over the course of the season as your services are provided to you by them. Why you'd want to do this with a front office that has so repeatedly spat in your face is beyond me.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In order to experience the highest high, you must first suffer the lowest low - is that why some of you are renewing ? I wonder about that.

For when the day comes - and it will, Tom Anselmi has said as much (without disclosing how) - that TFC is flying it's flag from the highest summit, you will be able to say you were there during the darkest hours. You will have a certain nobility that no others can claim. Perhaps this is part of your decision.

Just wondering.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    In order to experience the highest high, you must first suffer the lowest low - is that why some of you are renewing ? I wonder about that.

For when the day comes - and it will, Tom Anselmi has said as much (without disclosing how) - that TFC is flying it's flag from the highest summit, you will be able to say you were there during the darkest hours. You will have a certain nobility that no others can claim. Perhaps this is part of your decision.

Just wondering.
    I have always said to myself. The day i go to a game and don't have fun is the day i have lost my love for this team. I have made incredible friends over thea year going to the game. as heartbreaking as these past few seasons have been i still have a passion for this game/team.

However my big sticking point is what Tobor said above. When this team started i decided i would love it till the end. and i will. Now i agree not going to games does not mean you are not a fan. But i chose that my way of showing support for this game is being there in the best times and the worst.

I grew up a Red Wings fan in the NHL and i have only been to maybe 10 games in my lifetime.(since i am from toronto) Do i feel that makes me less of a fan than someone born and raised from detroit? No. I still feel we are equals. However every fan shows there passion in different ways.

I believe that people should support the team they way they feel best. If you feel your patience has run out and you want to watch from the sidelines till the boat turns around. Thats fine. But don't take anything away from the fans that are there trying to help that boat out. Nor will we take anything away from you from helping us when we need that strength to get over a hump.

We are all Fans of this team, hence why we are on this forum. If we dont have each other we dont have anything.

TFC .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering.
    To me its a loyalty thing. Its like nationality. You might not always agree with the pm or president. It does mean you are just gonna pick up and leave.

And just so people know, Im not calling anyone out for not doing so. Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want.
    Last edited by David_Oliveira; 09-10-2012 at 09:34 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    For strictly monetary reasons? Because there's a huge and desperate aftermarket for tickets, and you could attend every single game and pay less than the comparable (averaged out) season ticket would cost you. Buying seasons also effectively gives MLSE an interest-free loan which ammortizes over the course of the season as your services are provided to you by them. Why you'd want to do this with a front office that has so repeatedly spat in your face is beyond me.
    Yes but all these aftermarket businesses are a better cause for your loonies? These basically legal scalpers are the future it seems.

It's your choice if you want to scramble for tickets game to game. I wouldn't say that those companies are any better to support than this spitting FO that represents the club.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    To me its a loyalty thing. Its like nationality. You might not always agree with the pm or president. It does mean you are just gonna pick up and leave.

And just so people know, Im not calling anyone out for not doing so. Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want.
    right - no-one's being judged here - I'm trying to understand the motivations on either side.

So far I'm seeing a lot of the decision to renew has to do with the social aspect. People have grown accustomed to the routine and enjoy the company of others. It seems it's more about that and any reason to cheer is gravy.

No matter how unhappy with the organisation you become, you have the most to lose by not renewing.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering.
    And I'm wondering why you're comparing loyal support to elitism when you who are not renewing believe you're doing so for the betterment of the clubs future. This is still a pissing contest that doesn't have to be.

Here's what I'd like to touch on:

The acceptance for other people's opinion and decisions NOW decide on what it will be like if what we ALL want happens- This team turns around and people want to come back -

I'm not going to damn people who leave for a reason they think helps. Will you do the same for those who stay?

:EDIT

I appreciate your above post
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-10-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but all these aftermarket businesses are a better cause for your loonies? These basically legal scalpers are the future it seems.

It's your choice if you want to scramble for tickets game to game. I wouldn't say that those companies are any better to support than this spitting FO that represents the club.
    If by "scrambling" you mean walking up to the window or clicking on a ticketmaster equivalent, then yes, I guess I'll have to scramble.

As for scalpers, I like to chat with them sometimes about how business is going and I've heard from several that they're dropping seats by the pound because they're losing significant amounts of money. If someone around here can't GIVE tickets away, how do you think the scalpers are doing?

Gonna be a very different BMO next season...

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And I'm wondering why you're comparing loyal support to elitism when you who are not renewing believe you're doing so for the betterment of the clubs future. This is still a pissing contest that doesn't have to be.

Here's what I'd like to touch on:

The acceptance for other people's opinion and decisions NOW decide on what it will be like if what we ALL want happens- This team turns around and people want to come back -

I'm not going to damn people who leave for a reason they think helps. Will you do the same for those who stay?

:EDIT

I appreciate your above post
    Okay, well, I'm not comparing reasons for renewing... rather simply taking note of what they may be.

I wouldn't have labelled what I said about enduring the darkest days 'Elitism'. It can be a personal thing, can't it ? It doesn't have to be a badge you flash when your authenticity is brought into question.

I cropped one of my previous posts due to it's rambling nature.

A strong sense of loyalty to the club is obviously a reason to renew, as much as a strong desire for success is to not to.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    If by "scrambling" you mean walking up to the window or clicking on a ticketmaster equivalent, then yes, I guess I'll have to scramble.

As for scalpers, I like to chat with them sometimes about how business is going and I've heard from several that they're dropping seats by the pound because they're losing significant amounts of money. If someone around here can't GIVE tickets away, how do you think the scalpers are doing?

Gonna be a very different BMO next season...
    The scalpers are hurting. My heart bleeds...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, well, I'm not comparing reasons for renewing... rather simply taking note of what they may be.

I wouldn't have labelled what I said about enduring the darkest days 'Elitism'. It can be a personal thing, can't it ? It doesn't have to be a badge you flash when your authenticity is brought into question.

I cropped one of my previous posts due to it's rambling nature.

A strong sense of loyalty to the club is obviously a reason to renew, as much as a strong desire for success is to not to.
    I'm happy their can be a mutual respect found in the different opinions

But c'mon manbot...

"Claiming nobility" not elitism? That's where my response came from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"A strong sense of loyalty to the club is obviously a reason to renew"

A strong sense of loyalty to badge is exactly why I am not renewing. MLSE has to fail immensely before we see proper change in this organization.

its simple, you buy tickets MLSE thinks you agree with them
    you dont buy tickets, they know you disagree.

$$ is all they know thus $$ is our only weapon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not renewing in till mlse is gone and I'm thinking about getting season tickets for the CFL 500$ gets you the centre field 1st row and you have 8 months to pay it off.