View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a bizarre moment of clarity this morning. TFC are holding back renewal notices until Canada finishes this round of World Cup qualifying. This is strangely brilliant.

If Canada qualifies for the Hex then TFC has a great feel good story to tie in with season ticket renewals. It only takes a moment for many people being on a soccer high to get them to buy or renew.

If Canada qualifies for the Hex expect a renewal notice trumpeting the fact that Canada was playing at BMO field with past TFC stars!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm definitely renewing, but that's only because my two tickets are in the light grey. if it was any more expensive, i'd be seriously considering dropping them.

i am personally super intrigued to see how TFC FO is going to market this season ticket renewal. last year was all about Winter's vision and the "system". wonder what they're going to say now? next season can't get any worse?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a tough decision, but with supporter seats (2) and the need for a 3rd seat, I will probably take advantage of someone around me not renewing to get my little boy aka 'newest fan' (or should I say newest sucker) his own seat. I feel like such a cruel dad for getting him into this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so....rumour has it.....ST's are going down,..which is nice cause wife and I love going, just no respect for Mr.M and our mgmt.....simply put I want the academy and Morgan , Stinson,..Henry involved........if they they aren't good enough then fine but I want them given as much time as needed to be on my local team...(which then I could support win or lose),..........and I know Henry and Morgan, for sure are above average..and YOUNG.....esp with mentors as we had eg, Winter,...Let our American mediocre , over-paid ncaa stars try to get a job on other teams ,...(on the bench),....not Avila ( yes he's paid a lot) but we did dump Soolsma , and we are the worse for it....

PS....I know somewhere each years ST's costs are stated but not sure where I can find the break-down....say yellow and light grey's??
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    so....rumour has it.....ST's are going down,..which is nice cause wife and I love going, just no respect for Mr.M and our mgmt.....simply put I want the academy and Morgan , Stinson,..Henry involved........if they they aren't good enough then fine but I want them given as much time as needed to be on my local team...(which then I could support win or lose),..........and I know Henry and Morgan, for sure are above average..and YOUNG.....esp with mentors as we had eg, Winter,...Let our American mediocre , over-paid ncaa stars try to get a job on other teams ,...(on the bench),....not Avila ( yes he's paid a lot) but we did dump Soolsma , and we are the worse for it....

PS....I know somewhere each years ST's costs are stated but not sure where I can find the break-down....say yellow and light grey's??

Where are you hearing the rumours of the price reduction?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    I had a bizarre moment of clarity this morning. TFC are holding back renewal notices until Canada finishes this round of World Cup qualifying. This is strangely brilliant.

If Canada qualifies for the Hex then TFC has a great feel good story to tie in with season ticket renewals. It only takes a moment for many people being on a soccer high to get them to buy or renew.

If Canada qualifies for the Hex expect a renewal notice trumpeting the fact that Canada was playing at BMO field with past TFC stars!!!
    This doesn't make any sense to me.

If anything, Canada advancing is a good reason not to renew. As you know you will pretty much get about 5 dates to go to BMO Field to watch actual good soccer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Where are you hearing the rumours of the price reduction?
    I shouldn't say....(probably getting in deeper),..lol....I just always like to hint when I feel the source is reliable......it is and if true will be announced this week ,...and WILL BE a reduction .......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^The details matter. A trivial reduction will be worse than holding the line. For me.

I want sincere acknowledgement of where we are. No more story-telling.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll take a serious drop to get me to renew. Something like 25%. Otherwise scores of cheap tickets are available from other sources. Geez, two friends bought a pair of row 10 east side tix, above the box toward midfield, for $25 bucks. Arrived at gate 3 close to kickoff, guy approached and offered, little haggling. Missed kickoff by 4 mins. Even the scalpers are desperate.

I can work with that or the other deals out there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^The details matter. A trivial reduction will be worse than holding the line. For me.

thats why I was asking about a comparison of all the years prices ,.of a yellow / light grey..??...to determine if the drop is reasonable....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellow was $361 to renew last year.

They were $200 in season 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats why I was asking about a comparison of all the years prices ,.of a yellow / light grey..??...to determine if the drop is reasonable....
    Well that's very good news if true. Mine are in the dark greys. Very curious to see the pricing on those.

I don't even care that much how much the drop is. For me this is a purely symbolic move for TFC to give back to the fans who have had to deal with a shambolic organization for two long. Whatever they reduce prices by will be a gauge on how much they value in monetary terms the shit they've fed us for six years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    This doesn't make any sense to me.

If anything, Canada advancing is a good reason not to renew. As you know you will pretty much get about 5 dates to go to BMO Field to watch actual good soccer.
    It's all about catching people on a high. The general public will get excited about Canadian soccer and in a moment of weakness they will buy TFC tickets because they are on a soccer high and TFC will be marketing at them. I'm pretty sure it's happened in the past after World cups and Euro championships.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    wonder what they're going to say now? next season can't get any worse?
    Everytime I hear that expression "it can't get any worse" I remember the late great sportswriter Earl McRae.
    Earl used to say that when your heard someone say that it was your duty to run right over and kick em in the shins to prove how wrong they were!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    It'll take a serious drop to get me to renew. Something like 25%. Otherwise scores of cheap tickets are available from other sources. Geez, two friends bought a pair of row 10 east side tix, above the box toward midfield, for $25 bucks. Arrived at gate 3 close to kickoff, guy approached and offered, little haggling. Missed kickoff by 4 mins. Even the scalpers are desperate.

I can work with that or the other deals out there.
    A pair of tix for the DC game? $1.25!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toronto-FC-TF...item1c2bd8163e

Ya gotta love the guy who bid a buck, but didn't think they were worth a buck and a half...

At that price - 17 home games will run you about $20 for the season... for a pair!!!

Not sure that the FO can beat ebay's pricing - just sayin....
    Last edited by tiberius; 10-13-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    A pair of tix for the DC game? $1.25!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toronto-FC-TF...item1c2bd8163e

Ya gotta love the guy who bid a buck, but didn't think they were worth a buck and a half...

At that price - 17 home games will run you about $20 for the season... for a pair!!!

Not sure that the FO can beat ebay's pricing - just sayin....
    lol classic... in the saddest way possible

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Well that's very good news if true. Mine are in the dark greys. Very curious to see the pricing on those.

I don't even care that much how much the drop is. For me this is a purely symbolic move for TFC to give back to the fans who have had to deal with a shambolic organization for two long. Whatever they reduce prices by will be a gauge on how much they value in monetary terms the shit they've fed us for six years.
    wish I could say more but this is an open forum,..so. ..from what I hear it will be an all around drop,...and I feel significant if info is correct..., it helps me feel better that my wife can enjoy her soccer...although how I will still watch Mr. M..and mgmt is beyond me.........of course they're not giving the seats away but it seems they are reaching out......soon ....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got the last 4-5 years in a spreadsheet somewhere. I can dig it out to summarize for yellow/light grey if you want.

Though in yellow it's been based on $19 game and $21 in light-grey the last couple of years. And $17 a game and $19 in light-grey the year before that (with double that for international friendlies and MLS Cup).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I've got the last 4-5 years in a spreadsheet somewhere. I can dig it out to summarize for yellow/light grey if you want.

Though in yellow it's been based on $19 game and $21 in light-grey the last couple of years. And $17 a game and $19 in light-grey the year before that (with double that for international friendlies and MLS Cup).
    k...maybe they are going to drop to a certain past year......I'll bet not first seasons of course...thats why I'm curious on the % mark-ups each year...and I know I did read in ?the past a spreadsheat somewhere....??......and each year has it's differences , which games are included,...there are so many deviations that can be manipulated of course so that it seems we're getting a break yet actually pay more .,,..like tax cuts haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renew are not, nobody care the sell it so to others, there are a lots off people who like to buy the seats how bad it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k...maybe they are going to drop to a certain past year......I'll bet not first seasons of course...thats why I'm curious on the % mark-ups each year...and I know I did read in ?the past a spreadsheat somewhere....??......and each year has it's differences , which games are included,...there are so many deviations that can be manipulated of course so that it seems we're getting a break yet actually pay more .,,..like tax cuts haha
    Here are the prices per game that the ticket packages are based on:
    Yellow Light Grey Light Blue Medium Grey Dark Red Dark Blue Red
    2007* 10.00 12.00 22.00 36.00 48.00
    2007 10.00 12.00 25.00 40.00 53.00
    2008 12.00 14.00 27.00 42.00 58.00
    2009 14.00 16.00 29.00 44.00 61.00
    2010 17.00 19.00 33.00 49.00 67.00
    2011† 19.00 21.00 45.00 34.00 50.00 55.00 68.00
    2011‡ 18.00 19.89 42.63 32.21 47.37 51.11 64.42
    2012 19.00 21.00 29.00 34.00 50.00 55.00 68.00
    * 2007 Early Bird Pricing
    † Doesn't account for free game
    ‡ Accounts for free game

The renewing seasons prices are based on the above amount for a regular game, and double for a premium game. 2011 was complicated, as they threw in a 1-game discount at the last minute, and charged 2010 prices for the 2010 MLS cup which was after renewal. For 2007, they appear to have either assumed there would be 2.5 premium games, or 5 friendlies, but at the regular price, so I'm guessing a bit on the per/game cost they used.

Yellow Light Grey Light Blue Medium Grey Dark Red Dark Blue Red
    2007* 200 240 440 720 960
    2007 200 240 500 800 1060
    2008 228 266 513 798 1102
    2009 280 320 580 880 1220
    2010 323 361 627 931 1273
    2011‡ 376 416 876 678 998 1088 1358
    2012 361 399 551 646 950 1045 1292
    * 2007 Early Bird Pricing
    ‡ Accounts for free game

I think this is all correct, I've pulled out of various notes I have, and some searching old forums and Internet Archives. But I could have easily made a typo somewhere.
    Last edited by nfitz; 10-14-2012 at 02:45 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Not sure if I comprehend. I renewed Medium Gray for 2012, it was $750 per seat for the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    ^ Not sure if I comprehend. I renewed Medium Gray for 2012, it was $750 per seat for the season.
    Are you sure? The 2012 renewal page is still on-line - http://tfc.mlserenewal.com/ and if you select pricing it says $646 for medium grey including HST. I was in light-grey, and my invoice was $399, and after I switched to yellow, I got a $38 credit.

If you were a new season holder in 2011 then back in 2011 you'd have paid the $712+$38 new STH fee for $750 a seat back in 2011, but should have been $646 a seat in 2012.
    Last edited by nfitz; 10-15-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank for those numbers nfitz.

I still can't believe they tried to charge us $433 for yellows on the 2011 renewal. And proceeded to poorly explain it as well.
    Last edited by narduch; 10-15-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Thank for those numbers nfitz.

I still can't believe they tried to charge us $433 for yellows on the 2011 renewal. And proceeded to poorly explain it as well.
    Ah yes, their aborted first attempt, that would have been a 21-game package (including 2 championship league games) + MLS Cup, instead of the 19-game MLS Cup package that they later tossed in a free game. I left that one off the table to simplify things, but that seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Personally, I think they messed it up back with the $3 to $6 increases back in 2010 - but there didn't seem to be as much protest, partially because it was somewhat hidden as they also reduced the package from 18 games+friendly to 17 games+friendly. Though other than yellow and light grey, they haven't raised prices much since then.
    Last edited by nfitz; 10-15-2012 at 08:27 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The deadline for Impact season seat holders is this Friday and the TFC FO has not released a even a little shred of info regarding their 2013 renewal process, what gives?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will know by then, C.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I think that is the best way I've heard this whole mess described.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cblake,
    it would seem logical that we would hear something this week or next.
    it is the last home game this week, attention will drop off dramatically after the final home game.
    Paul did say something about the end of October.
    we are now in the second half of the month.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    The deadline for Impact season seat holders is this Friday and the TFC FO has not released a even a little shred of info regarding their 2013 renewal process, what gives?
    We have had a shred (received 09/20 in my inbox)...but just a shred.

We have received some questions from Season Seat Holders asking when they will hear about 2013 Season Seats Renewals. We are in the process of finalizing the 2013 Season Ticket Package and putting the finishing touches on the renewal website.

You should expect to receive your 2013 Renewal details in the last two weeks of October. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact your Toronto FC Service Representative at 416-360-GOAL (4625).

Sincerely,

Paul Beirne
    Sr. Director, Business Operations
    Toronto FC