View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the late October/Early November (isn't that band?) Cool down period is actually strategic from TFC. rationale....

1) Knowing how incredibly pissed the fans are they want them to forget about how bad this season was and build a head of 'hope'
    2) In Psychology there are two principles of memory called the primary and recency effect. Our first AND most recent impressions are what build are opinions commonly. Thus he needs time to dull the pain of the recent loss and allow us to remember our 'primary/first' memories again.

I work too hard to throw cash at TFC anymore, let alone drive in from Hamilton etc.... i'll watch on TV and support the club. But until they sort out their issues no more cash.

I still have my season 1 STH scarf....oh what could have been.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    I think the late October/Early November (isn't that band?) Cool down period is actually strategic from TFC. rationale..
    It can backfire as well, as people grow more and more indifferent to the team. You run the risk of people just not caring. By the time you send out the notice people just delete the email or recycle the letter.

------------

One excuse on the delay I've seen Larson spout on twitter is the NHL lock out. That has to be the dumbest reason ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    So there's a pub in Guelph called the Shakespeare Arms and for the past 6 years they have been subsidizing a bus for all Saturday and Sunday TFC games (also the Skydome game and some midweek games). For $10 or $15 you get a nice relaxing ride, you can have a couple of beers and not worry too much about traffic - it's awesome. I don't know if they're still going to do it next year the way things are going with this team.

I have a feeling that adding an hour (at a minimum) drive in to each game on top of everything else might just be the last straw for me. Game day already takes a minimum of 6 hours for us.
    As a once frequent user but lately less so of said bus, coming down from Kitchener on top, can't any bit of this sentiment.

I constantly marvel at how much MLSE screwed this up, wondering if there was any way it could be worse. I draw blanks, then they surprise me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    It can backfire as well, as people grow more and more indifferent to the team. You run the risk of people just not caring. By the time you send out the notice people just delete the email or recycle the letter.

------------

One excuse on the delay I've seen Larson spout on twitter is the NHL lock out. That has to be the dumbest reason ever.
    also, the info will come out a lot closer to the Christams season.....and for people who really have to budget their money, if they have to make a choice between buying presents for family and friends or another season of Professor No-pants and his band of merry fools, I'm guessing on the latter losing out......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    also, the info will come out a lot closer to the Christams season.....and for people who really have to budget their money, if they have to make a choice between buying presents for family and friends or another season of Professor No-pants and his band of merry fools, I'm guessing on the latter losing out......
    Agreed.

If they send out the notices in early November, they will have to give you a few weeks to reply, which takes us to the end of November.

Last year they did offer a no-interest 4 month payment plan, with December skipped over. So payments were due in Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb. Considering the way things are going they will need to offer 6 or 12 month plans now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    I think the late October/Early November (isn't that band?) Cool down period is actually strategic from TFC. rationale....
    This does seem to be the strategy, hope that we forget .... the laziest and most arrogant strategy once again adopted by our favourite Corporation.

It's of course way too much to expect them to be proactive and in tune with the fanbase and get ahead of the wave of anger that began building in August.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also more time to make change.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    It would be nice to think Joey's Montreal Impact price reduction and his sticking it to MLSE in the announcement caused them a rethink of their 2013 ticket strategy. Doubt that's the case though unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what change they could possibly be making with this delay. This isn't the time of year to be bringing in players who would make a difference to the fanbase. And I have a sickening feeling that we're stuck with PM for next year - both from a 'who the hell else would come here' and a 'being a good league citizen means treating PM well' persepctive.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It would be nice to think Joey's Montreal Impact price reduction and his sticking it to MLSE in the announcement caused them a rethink of their 2013 ticket strategy. Doubt that's the case though unfortunately.
    Okay that is an option I hadn't thought of. Probably because I just can't see them doing it, but would love to be proven wrong.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I'm not sure what change they could possibly be making with this delay. This isn't the time of year to be bringing in players who would make a difference to the fanbase. And I have a sickening feeling that we're stuck with PM for next year - both from a 'who the hell else would come here' and a 'being a good league citizen means treating PM well' persepctive.
    It would have to be a management change. This really isn't the time of year for player announcements.

Maybe they were planning to keep Mariner for next season, but the results got so bad, and attendance has dwindled so much that they have been scared into action.

The question is, who the hell can they hire that would save season ticket renewals? I can't think of anyone.
    Last edited by narduch; 10-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question is, who the hell can they hire that would save season ticket renewals? I can't think of anyone.
    Short of some ethnic demigod player signing, I don't think there is anything left they can do. They probably didn't realize it at the time, but by firing Winter when they did and putting Mariner in charge without searching for someone new, they basically attached any hope of ticket renewals to Paul Mariner's performance. If they went out and got Eric Soler (and inevitably Hans Backe) I would be impressed. But for the rank and file who buy season tickets? I think it probably sounds like more of the same.

Their all-sizzle-no-steak approach to running a sports business has finally boomeranged back around to bite them in the ass. They've lost credibility and have no more angles to work why people should renew.

So I'll be watching with interest to see how they handle this... I'd peg at least a modest chance they do a reboot and throw Mariner in the fire to try and save some of their fan base.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-11-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Regardless of what this organisation does in an attempt to woo us, how do we know they won't just blow it all up again if results are too slow in coming ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Regardless of what this organisation does in an attempt to woo us, how do we know they won't just blow it all up again if results are too slow in coming ?
    if they change today it'll take a season or two to rebuild this club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Short of signing some ethnic demigod player signing, I don't think there is anything left they can do. They probably didn't realize it at the time, but by firing Winter when they did and putting Mariner in charge without searching for someone new, they basically attached any hope of ticket renewals to Paul Mariner's performance. If they went out and got Eric Soler (and inevitably Hans Backe) I would be impressed. But for the rank and file who buy season tickets? I think it probably sounds like more of the same.

Their all-sizzle-no-steak approach to running a sports business has finally boomeranged back around to bite them in the ass. They've lost credibility and have no more angles to work why people should renew.

So I'll be watching with interest to see how they handle this... I'd peg at least a modest change they do a reboot and throw Mariner in the fire to try and save some of their fan base.
    Agreed. Mariner is linked to the previous failed Winter administration. As much as mouthpieces like Larson and Rollins want to shout out that Mariner isn't responsible, fans don't see it that way.

Had an entirely new management team been hired in June, not many people would have complained about the results. At least for this season as they tried to clean up this mess of a team.

But Mariner came in, told us all it would only take a few tweaks to turn this thing around. And the rest is history. They would have been better off being up front about the Mariner hiring and 3-year extension and just say that it will take a few years to rebuild. Instead the secrecy and the lies have hurt them.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. But Mariner's future should be in doubt.
    Last edited by narduch; 10-11-2012 at 11:59 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't. But they will have the results of that past mistake by then. They don't need reason or sense to read the renewal numbers.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    if they change today it'll take a season or two to rebuild this club.
    Sure, but after 1 1/2 seasons they're just as likely to burn it all down to the ground again and we'll endure another year like this one.

As long as you have Tom and the gang around, there's always a chance.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, but after 1 1/2 seasons they're just as likely to burn it all down to the ground again and we'll endure another year like this one.

As long as you have Tom and the gang around, there's always a chance.
    that's why we need change at the top. it would be great if Tom went. but IMO we need a prez or director of football that knows this game and league.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tom's not going anywhere for the time being. I'd rather focus on Cockring and Harry Potter with shorts.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Tom's not going anywhere for the time being. I'd rather focus on Cockring and Harry Potter with shorts.
    And Cochrane just got the job. The only one you'll see going for bad results is the Coach. At best we'll see a new coach. I doubt they'll go with a director of football. It's an admission Cochrane can't do the job he was just hired for.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And Cochrane just got the job. The only one you'll see going for bad results is the Coach. At best we'll see a new coach. I doubt they'll go with a director of football. It's an admission Cochrane can't do the job he was just hired for.
    A good place to start, but what would be the point ? It's only a continuation of the coach-per-year frequency, which will no doubt carry on.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way I look at it is they can just fire or move him too. send him to the Marlies! they need to be stopped! they actually did well! it makes the rest of the teams look bad!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be so MLSE for Cochrane to survive all this.

It almost makes me feel bad for Mariner. Almost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would have to be a management change. This really isn't the time of year for player announcements.

Maybe they were planning to keep Mariner for next season, but the results got so bad, and attendance has dwindled so much that they have been scared into action.

Hey Narduch; I think you have nailed it. TFC upper management have finally realized that they would be committing financial hari kari if they keep Mariner and Cochrane around for next season (I hope). If not, they are in for a rude awakening!

Cheers;

Adrian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe MLSE and rogers/bell will sell the team in a fire sale.

look within your local dollar stores and XScargos for owenrship shares of TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is only valued at 44 million. the state they are in and the problems they are about to encounter should drop that price to 37 to 40.
    lets all start saving our pennies!

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    maybe MLSE and rogers/bell will sell the team in a fire sale.

look within your local dollar stores and XScargos for owenrship shares of TFC.
    I had a root through the $5 rack at National Sports. Lots of stuff available. If no-one buys soon I think they'll be boxed up and shipped to Africa.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They haven't actually announced Cochrane yet. Why is that? If the rumours are right, he got the job a month ago. To me whoever gets the job of President of TFC and some sort of ticket reduction or renewal discount are two big pieces of the litmus test for whether I renew tix.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They haven't actually announced Cochrane yet. Why is that? If the rumours are right, he got the job a month ago. To me whoever gets the job of President of TFC and some sort of ticket reduction or renewal discount are two big pieces of the litmus test for whether I renew tix.
    The funny thing is that they are reluctant to fire Cochrane, who was just promoted in September, but it now looks like Mariner can be sacrificed, despite getting a 3-year extension in May. So for 4 extra months Mariner can be shown the door, but Cochrane is safe.

Its classic Anselmi though. Give a person a promotion and contract they don't deserve. Rinse, repeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing is that they are reluctant to fire Cochrane, who was just promoted in September, but it now looks like Mariner can be sacrificed, despite getting a 3-year extension in May. So for 4 extra months Mariner can be shown the door, but Cochrane is safe.

Its classic Anselmi though. Give a person a promotion and contract they don't deserve. Rinse, repeat.
    Why do you think Mariner can be sacrificed? I haven't seen any indication they're going to show him the door. Not that there would be anything wrong with that.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think Mariner can be sacrificed? I haven't seen any indication they're going to show him the door. Not that there would be anything wrong with that.....
    Season ticket renewals. They are actually asking season ticket holders for their opinion on Mariner (as noted earlier in this thread).

Its only speculation, but it makes a little bit of sense that the delay may be to find his replacement.

Who knows though. I guess we will find out in the upcomming weeks.