View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_121 View Post
    Found this on twitter tonight.

Good news, if you're not interested in renewing, you can be taken of the renewal list early, just like the guy listed below.

It pisses me right off that he’s so glib about a SSH frustrated with the team and paying into it year after year. It clearly shows that this FO doesn’t give a shit about the fans and what they’re going through. Unbelievable. No wonder TFC is in this mess and that the FO have taken a vibrant, electric environment and run it into the ground. They just don't care and from this response are laughing over drinks about it. it almost sounds like they're annoyed that we're pissed off and bugging them about it.

The epitome of arrogance imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrogance is exactly it, and that kind of arrogance would have stunned me when they (allegedly) had 15,000 on the wait list (which I believe right up there with Santa Claus), nevermind now when they're almost at a point of as many no-shows as those in the seats, but have the stones to announce 15,000 in attendance.

Simply put, unless you're desperate to build your season opening scarf collection, or attend every single game, there's no benefit anymore to being a SSH. Pick and choose your game and your seat next year, no problem. You'll at least save yourself the headache of unloading tickets that few want, and having to swallow them whole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    We were complaining about this in the news thread yesterday, but in terms of TFC. For a team as inept as TFC has been over its 6 years, there is very little analysis and criticism of the people in charge. Instead we get cheerleading at times.

And it isn't different for the Leafs. Lots of, "well, the teams suck, but they make lots of money". As if that's ok. Never mind the fact that professional sports revenues have grown all over the world and the Leafs went along for the ride. Guys like Anselmi and Peddie get credit for an industry trend.
    Yes, exactly. It's odd that in a city dominated by business the way Toronto is that it gets so little analysis. Just cheerleading. Sure, a monopoly company in a growing field made money. There hasn't even been much talk about whether MLSE made as much as it should have, or could have.

Of course, the only reason we hear for buying Leafs' season tickets is that once they're given up they'll be hard to get again (and there's that seat license fee) and when they get good again... With TFC there isn't much feeling these days that they'll ever get good and pretty soon that's what will happen with the Leafs, too. These teams have to be among the top five in North America in their respective leagues. How many Canadian-based companies compete head-to-head and are top five in North America?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    Arrogance is exactly it, and that kind of arrogance would have stunned me when they (allegedly) had 15,000 on the wait list (which I believe right up there with Santa Claus), nevermind now when they're almost at a point of as many no-shows as those in the seats, but have the stones to announce 15,000 in attendance.

Simply put, unless you're desperate to build your season opening scarf collection, or attend every single game, there's no benefit anymore to being a SSH. Pick and choose your game and your seat next year, no problem. You'll at least save yourself the headache of unloading tickets that few want, and having to swallow them whole.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    How many Canadian-based companies compete head-to-head and are top five in North America?
    RIM at one point? Although it almost feels like the business media is cheering against them now. Besides, Canada's business media has rightly been accused as cheerleaders in the past too.

TFC's current owners (Rogers and Bell) aren't even really good at what they do either. They are the benefactors of a regulatory system that favours them greatly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    Freaking Impact supporter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    It pisses me right off that he’s so glib about a SSH frustrated with the team and paying into it year after year. It clearly shows that this FO doesn’t give a shit about the fans and what they’re going through. Unbelievable. No wonder TFC is in this mess and that the FO have taken a vibrant, electric environment and run it into the ground. They just don't care and from this response are laughing over drinks about it. it almost sounds like they're annoyed that we're pissed off and bugging them about it.

The epitome of arrogance imo.

unbelievable. This tweet could be a TIFO. Absolutely shocking business practice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    unbelievable. This tweet could be a TIFO. Absolutely shocking business practice.
    Something like "Don't worry Paul, you can remove us all from your renewal list"?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't care about Football,
    You don't care about fans,
    Toronto Football Club is in the wrong hands

O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    Something like "Don't worry Paul, you can remove us all from your renewal list"?
    That'd be awesome.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were complaining about this in the news thread yesterday, but in terms of TFC. For a team as inept as TFC has been over its 6 years, there is very little analysis and criticism of the people in charge. Instead we get cheerleading at times.

And it isn't different for the Leafs. Lots of, "well, the teams suck, but they make lots of money". As if that's ok. Never mind the fact that professional sports revenues have grown all over the world and the Leafs went along for the ride. Guys like Anselmi and Peddie get credit for an industry trend.
    You don't get awards for following a trend. If there was a wave to ride or not they were on top of it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    You don't get awards for following a trend. If there was a wave to ride or not they were on top of it.
    LOL. Who cares about 'awards' that douches like Beirne have won.

We've learned now that they were totally not deserved anyways.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. Who cares about 'awards' that douches like Beirne have won.

We've learned now that they were totally not deserved anyways.
    You just brought it up. If you don't care then I guess it's not worth mentioning. I'm not concerned with awards won unless, like you say, they are earned and not fallen into.

I really don't think most of the STH or media care about the awards either but if it's given they report it. It's hardly cheerleading to report fact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just brought it up. If you don't care then I guess it's not worth mentioning. I'm not concerned with awards won unless, like you say, they are earned and not fallen into.
    I brought up the growth, you brought up the useless awards. The awards were meaningless.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys like Anselmi and Peddie get credit for an industry trend.
    I brought up the growth, you brought up the useless awards. The awards were meaningless.
    Correct. You called it credit. They were awarded for that. This is semantics because we agree on the importance of the award towards the health of the club now. We disagree on how they got those awards.

It's also important to restate that these awards don't help people renew or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say almost every award given out is for following trends. Certainly every Academy Award or Man Booker or Giller is for following trends. Of course, when Robert Mundell won the Nobel Prize for Economics it was for work he'd done about twenty-five years earlier, so I guess there's that... .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I've been out of the loop, super busy with school. What's happening with this? Is there any word when they're sending out info. regarding renewals?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^End of month. Beginning of Nov.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd be surprised what gets purchased or back-slapped in terms of useless awards that get thrown into press clippings. Remember when Real Sports won "best sports bar in North America" ? The servers were bragging about it weeks before it happened and the place had barely opened. If you pressed them, they said the ownership was connected and more or less admitted it was un-earned.

As for their performance on the corporate level, I think the admiration starts and stops with the fact that they had the vision to purchase the properties in the first place. In terms of the way they run the business, most people would just snicker that teachers had no idea what they were doing and should stick to indexing. They've more or less harvested existing goodwill and benefited from the strength of corporate spending in Toronto. Nothing they've contributed themselves was particularly cunning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^End of month. Beginning of Nov.
    That alone shows how fucked up this organization is. Most teams will be done their renewal process before we even know what our ticket prices will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That alone shows how fucked up this organization is. Most teams will be done their renewal process before we even know what our ticket prices will be.
    They just want to ensure their gouge levels are the highest in MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Agreed.

All other MLS teams have sent out their renewal info to their season seat holders.

TFC will barely have any time to sell new season seats. Although I guess that isn't that big a deal with the decline in deman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    Instant classic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still....did the guy drop his seats, or did he turtle like a pussy (hey, mixed animal simile) when Beirne raised the question.

His answer should've been. "Yes, gladly. Anyone else want in on stupid's offer?"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    You know what the Raptors do when they're about to lose a SSH? They get a call, and offer of lunch, with freaking Bryan Colangelo. Why does one arm value the fan and the other mock it?
    remember Winter actually calling up a few fans.....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a call from my new Account Service Representative today. I told her I did not envy her job at the moment!

I told her that I was worried about 127 losing it's status as a Supporters section, since only a few of us up near the top actually stand anymore (the remnants of NEE didn't even bother at the last game I was at). I told her that being in one was extremely important to me, and that I'd be incredibly annoyed if I renewed and found that my tickets were NOT for Supporters seats anymore.

I also mentioned that I was looking forward to going to a game on Friday night where the stands were full of cheering supporters, all there to see a team that actually stood a chance of winning.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After getting that blanket e.mail a month ago from Paul Bierne, saying "2013 season ticket renewal info will be sent out soon", I wrote a nice letter saying I was a season ticket holder since year 1, but would not be forking out $1500 again, as it just didn't represent value for money, and I saw nothing to suggest anything was going to change any time soon. If one of my customers wrote saying they were not going to renew their contract, I would be on the phone asking what I could do to make them change their mind, and make some effort to keep my customer. I'm sure the guy receives loads of letters like this every week, but no phone call, not even a two line form letter saying "thanks for your past support, we'll be happy to welcome you back as a TFC season ticket holder if you change your mind in future". Terrible business skills, zero understanding of a football fan's psyche, it's seems like Bierne and the entire FO are like the emporer Nero, who fiddled while Rome burns around them.
    I will continue to be a TFC fan, but on MY TERMS from now on. I'll pick a few games a season, based on opposition & sitting outside in nice weather enjoying a beer with my mates or family. As for shelling out $1500 up front for season tickets - I work too hard for my money than to hand it over to a bunch of cunts who dont give a fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    The sad part is the guy who's in charge of putting together the ticket packages has been in the FO since day one, continues to take the supporters for granted and is still resting on his award from six years ago.

I think my decision will be based on the Front office more than players.
    Seeing the apathy and empty seats at last saturday's game, the club are going to get a RUDE awakening with attendance figures next season. They should offer a 'buy one, get one free' package for season tickets if they want to keep the ground anywhere near full. If they dont, expect regular attendances of 4-5,000 at next year's home games, no doubt about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So there's a pub in Guelph called the Shakespeare Arms and for the past 6 years they have been subsidizing a bus for all Saturday and Sunday TFC games (also the Skydome game and some midweek games). For $10 or $15 you get a nice relaxing ride, you can have a couple of beers and not worry too much about traffic - it's awesome. I don't know if they're still going to do it next year the way things are going with this team.

I have a feeling that adding an hour (at a minimum) drive in to each game on top of everything else might just be the last straw for me. Game day already takes a minimum of 6 hours for us.

And I have a feeling this isn't the only place that is pulling back from supporting this team - you can't find a place to show away games in Guelph any more. It seems to me it's not just fans who are leaving this team this year, and that's pretty sad.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it's called dominoes... there's an idea for a TIFO (for another time, perhaps) : we all dress up as dominoes and let them think about that as we leave the stadium.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha