View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget October, a new CSN article is saying the info will be out in early November.

As it stands we do not have our season seat prices established for the 2013 season however I anticipate that information will be available in early November.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...to-2012-prices

The article also mentions that prices will be similar to the current prices. So don't expect a big drop.

What are these guys doing? They better be offering 6-month interest free payment plans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FO's rep is a problem in attracting players IMHO, but the bigger problem is that we suck. No player wants to go and play for a terrible team that shows no signs of getting better.

In the early days, we were bad, but we could offer something major and very unique in the MLS - a packed house of rabid supporters and a fantastic atmosphere - every game. We have lost that edge, and other teams now have it.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pricing will be out late October. It should be before the last home game against Montreal.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The pricing will be out late October. It should be before the last home game against Montreal.
    if the FO don't get it right, and i mean lower prices with other incentives, they will be experiencing a dramatic drop in season ticket holders. Also they better make it crystal clear who will be managing the team.

i was right near the front of the line getting my tickets when this team came to be, jam packed with excitement. they've sucked that right out of me and i will not renew unless they do something substantive to demonstrate they have an inkling of what this means to people who have supported this team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted on Can Soccer News. Does not sound like there will be any major change based on an email response being sent out by TFC. Of course, take this info with a grain of salt. It's light on specifics and may be just a company line email that is currently being sent.

2013 TFC season seats likely to be "similar" to 2012 prices

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then, given that the performance next year will also likely be "similar" to 2012 peformance (Mariner and The Earl Himself staying in charge), my interest in these tickets will be "similar" to last year as well. That is to say, not buying.

I don't get it. I really don't. I'm not unique as a customer in any way, shape or form: when I had season tickets, I went to every game. They made money off me, and plenty of it. This year, I went to 3 games. Don't they see an issue here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've talked to a lot of people that aren't renewing. a price freeze won't be enough. a roll-back or significant discount might change their minds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Then, given that the performance next year will also likely be "similar" to 2012 peformance (Mariner and The Earl Himself staying in charge), my interest in these tickets will be "similar" to last year as well. That is to say, not buying.

I don't get it. I really don't. I'm not unique as a customer in any way, shape or form: when I had season tickets, I went to every game. They made money off me, and plenty of it. This year, I went to 3 games. Don't they see an issue here?
    I've heard similar stories from a few different people.

Even among people I know who are ok with Mariner in charge, they see little rationale for buying season seats. What's the incentive to buy tickets for the season when the stadium isn't going to be packed and TFC is going to undercut their own SSH prices with eservus / groupon discounts and the sort?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Posted on Can Soccer News. Does not sound like there will be any major change based on an email response being sent out by TFC. Of course, take this info with a grain of salt. It's light on specifics and may be just a company line email that is currently being sent.

2013 TFC season seats likely to be "similar" to 2012 prices

all i can say is if this is true the arrogance is astounding....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could be saying this so everyone expects the worst. Then Voila - there is a 10% reduction in prices which everyone now thinks is a good deal compared to what they were expecting, so they go out and buy tickets. Marketing is all about managing expectations and making the sucker... er, customer think they've got a better deal than what they thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    They could be saying this so everyone expects the worst. Then Voila - there is a 10% reduction in prices which everyone now thinks is a good deal compared to what they were expecting, so they go out and buy tickets. Marketing is all about managing expectations and making the sucker... er, customer think they've got a better deal than what they thought.
    You may well be right, that being said I don't think most of the customers are in a mental state at this point to be jerked around.

If we were in a different place, this would be a mild surprise, but at this point the debate should be "how much of a discount?" as opposed to if there should be any discount. If it plays out as is, they'll look weak and indecisive for discounting in the face of an angry fan-base who didn't like their proposition to keep prices flat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    I've talked to a lot of people that aren't renewing. a price freeze won't be enough. a roll-back or significant discount might change their minds.
    I've also heard the same.

I've also heard from a lot of folks that price isn't the issue - it's the fact that the team sucks, and not doing anything to improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I've also heard the same.

I've also heard from a lot of folks that price isn't the issue - it's the fact that the team sucks, and not doing anything to improve.
    This is where I fall.

They could offer me the tickets for free and I'd say no.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    A 10% cut is meaningless to me. That's $75 savings on a $750 seat. Or $40 on a $400 seat.

Are you saying that a 10% reduction in price would be enough to get you to buy season tickets over again if you knew in advance that this season would unfold as it did. I doubt it. But you now have a reasonable expectation for next year, with Mariner and co. sticking around. So ask yourself: is 10% off a reasonable proposition?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I can't move to a cheaper section and give myself a defacto discount, 25% would do it for me. Anything lower than that? I don't see value any more - I'll pick and choose when I go and how many tickets I buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    This is where I fall.

They could offer me the tickets for free and I'd say no.
    I'd take them for free, because I'll probably still go to a few games next year, but a cut in half wouldn't get me to renew. Price isn't a determinant for me. I have light greys and a large enough disposable income that cost is not an issue.

The quality is terrible, and nothing is being done to improve it. We've regressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sad part is the guy who's in charge of putting together the ticket packages has been in the FO since day one, continues to take the supporters for granted and is still resting on his award from six years ago.

I think my decision will be based on the Front office more than players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without rehashing the Seattle thing, this story had a really interesting quote in it from Drew Carey

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/03/sp...r=1&ref=soccer

“With other teams, the only ways you can really voice your disapproval are by calling talk radio, writing a letter to the editor or quit going to the games. That’s it. I’m thinking really long term and long after we’re dead we’re going to have this system where the fans aren’t going to have to abandon their team. They’re going to be able to vote out their general manager.”

Man, that really spoke to me. We should give Carey a standing O if we ever see him at a TFC game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well any lingering thought of renewal has sailed with that information.

I'll help out any poor soul who still contributes to this fuckery when they need to move a ticket, but will not contribute a dime to these pricks. Fuck em.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Rollins may be getting played. It happened to him before (on the Nesta story).

Rollins' story doesn't make sense. No one is that crazy.

If I were cutting prices, I would do it differently than Saputo did, I would wait for the season to end (ie get the results out of the way).

btw they seem to have discovered the phrase "50% off" over there:

//50% OFF ALL TFC MERCHANDISE
    To thank our fans for their support throughout the season, Real Sports Apparel and BMO Field kiosks are extending a special 50% off* discount on all Toronto FC merchandise from now until season end. If you're heading to an October match at BMO Field, be sure to grab your gear before kick-off. Thanks for showing your colours!

*Offer is valid on all regular-priced merchandise. Offer is not applicable with any other discount or offer. Offer is not applicable on new arrivals. While quantities last.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-03-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Man, that really spoke to me. We should give Carey a standing O if we ever see him at a TFC game.
    You mean not chuck beer at him like folks did last time?

Reading the CSN article I kept thinking "no, they can't be that stupid". But, no, they probably could be. MLSE - you can never go wrong overestimating their arrogance and stupidity.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

banner idea :

NOT AT ANY PRICE
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    You mean not chuck beer at him like folks did last time?

My buddy and I chanted "You're No Bob Barker" at him over and over. He loved it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two types of people who won't renew, it seems:

(1) Those who won't renew, regardless of price due to the crap quality on the pitch, combined with the loss of hope that it will get better

(2) Those who won't renew because the price is too high for the benefit, or too high to be affordable, or too high when you can buy cheaply on Groupon.

We should keep in mind that both of these groups exist, even if the effect (non-renewal) is the same.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    banner idea :

NOT AT ANY PRICE
    Or how about:

DON'T DISCOUNT YOUR FANS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    I highly doubt it.

Perhaps they could threaten : if quotas aren't met you'll get these tickets to the TFC game (and we'll be monitoring to make sure you actually go)... that might work.

Use them as a stick rather than a carrot.
    ^Lulz. I literally (albeit jokingly) did that to an underling last night.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    There are two types of people who won't renew, it seems:

(1) Those who won't renew, regardless of price due to the crap quality on the pitch, combined with the loss of hope that it will get better

(2) Those who won't renew because the price is too high for the benefit, or too high to be affordable, or too high when you can buy cheaply on Groupon.

We should keep in mind that both of these groups exist, even if the effect (non-renewal) is the same.
    Yes, but those not renewing due to price may have found a way to do so had the quality on the pitch been better. They may have been able to resell tickets to recoup some of their costs.
    But, things being as they are, there is little hope of this being the case, hence the decision to not renew.

Similarly, had the quality on the pitch been better, dropped season tickets would stand a chance of getting purchased by a new season seat holder. But that's not likely to happen either.

It pretty much all comes down to the dire state of the team brought about by poor decision making in the Front Office.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Or how about:

DON'T DISCOUNT YOUR FANS
    that's almost too clever
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put Lex Luthor on a banner captioned "WE MADE YOU"

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know that if you do a banner you show ML$E that you still care about the team.

What ML$E fears is not people who protest but still pay admission. They fear apathy.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto