View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend and I have two season tickets in the 223.

It's a big NO for both of us. They will not see another dollar from us!

We are taking a break from TFC until they get their house in order.

DERO, great job last night!!! A legend dearly missed in Toronto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am probably going to renew. not 100% sure now. I have one in the cheap seats. it's not much money and I do like hanging out with the boys.

Hal you hit the nail on the head. they have to do something. this shit show has gone on too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in. I'll see those fuckers (the front office) out the door long before me

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's too early for this thread... we don't even know next year's prices yet!
    My thoughts exactly.
    If you are in the situation where you could renew ... How can you decide until they have made you an offer and you can then weigh the cost/benefit??

That was what I did this year ... and will do again next season.

It all comes down to whether you feel the cash outlay is good value for the entertainment/experience received.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 123 elite View Post
    I'm going to be having a long chat on wednesday with my co holder and number 2 on the list season ticket holder about whether after 6 years... 4 in 123, 1 in 122 and 1 in the north end... do the math... we renew. I'm thinking he's not going for it. I dont blame him. I just want a drinking buddy again :-( I dont see the point. I hated Winter but MAriner is just the opposite of football. He was a shite player and i loved Scotland pumping his England team in the 70s. And Ipswich despite their success were a rubbish bunch of cretins. I cant pay good money to watch a goalie hoof the ball to no-one for 90 mins. I dont see anything changing in the team direction or the backroom direction. Its a shiitshow and i can't believe that its exactly 6 months ago that 47000 of us were enjoying a 2-0 lead at the skydome and 6 months later we are at the absolute clusterfuck we are at now and still going down. Utterly depressing and a colossal waste of money. what is the fucking point.
    I don't usually agree with you....ever, but I agree with this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    I am a supporter. TFC till I die. I have been a minor soccer coach for fifteen years and it is important we have 3 strong franchises in Canada to develop the talent. I will continue to be a season ticket holder this year and every year. Tonight I was at the WCQ match between Canada and Panama. We had almost 18k fans watching a very good match, on a world class pitch. That would not have happened without TFC and the strong SSH base.
    It will happen in the future, with or without TFC STH's. The men's national team and the support in the stands is on the up swing, TFC not so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought 2 tix in 112 this year; between that and CanMNT games and CCL games and Montreal away, I have spent 1100 or 1200 dollars on tickets this year; from selling on extra tickets, I have received $650 that i have put in an envelop and was expecting to use on seasons for 2013.

I dont want to pay to watch hoofball...ill go to a u12 game for free if i wanted to watch that.

In fact, I`ll go watch the academy play; they play with the ball on the ground and are a hell of a lot more entertaining than the first team right now.

The toughest thing is to give up those around you; the supporters section sucks now; too many bloody tourists soaking up the atmosphere; mlse need to fix that; and because of that, im probably leaning to just buy single game tix to games i want to see; voyageurs cup, ccl, night games, derby games...you wont see at another god damn afternoon game with the fucking sun in your eyes for 90 minutes (unless they get a proper roof)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey OT, I like having a poll now - it gives us an idea of who has already made up their mind - who is unlikely to be swayed by mastercard promos, watches, socco and free beer!

Having these numbers now will allow everyone to see the effect of the upcoming season ticket holder campaign. It is too early for many to decide "yes or no", but not too early for the poll. The TFC FO appears to be battling for the minds and wallets of the 27% of undecided folk, like yourself!

This poll should be closed off as soon as the Front Office marketing campaign kicks in with pricing, town halls, new philosophies, new coach, new players etc. Then rerun the poll a few days into their ticket flogging extravaganza...
    Last edited by tiberius; 09-08-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll renew one last time, but if Mariner is in charge then I'll probably end up not even using the tickets. I need to see a much improved performance by the club from top to bottom - or I'll officially bow out. It really comes down to management. I don't want to invest any more of my time, money and energy on a team that is destined to fail. I need to at least feel as though we're not in the hands of extreme incompetence. Once we have a proper President of TFC in place (someone who had been in a similar role for min. 3 years at a club in a proper league - and with success) and have a new manager in place (again, someone with actual experience as head coach in a proper league for min. 3 years - and with success) then I'll come back. Until then it's just humiliation for all of us.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

State your cases people but do it without insulting others with backhanded comments.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WORST HOME RECORDS

#1 = Chivas @ 3-8-2 (11 points)
    #2 = TFC @ 3-7-3 (12 points)
    #18 = Impact @ 10-3-2 (32 points)

There is no entertainment value with such a miserable home record.

WORST HOME GOALS

Chivas = 8
    TFC = 13
    (Note: Montreal = 31)

WOW! We score an average of 1 goal per game at home. Lots of fun for the home fans!

CONCLUSION

There is no price/entertainment value ratio that could make any sense for me with these stats and 6 Seasons of shit results!
    Last edited by asterix606; 09-08-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I'll renew one last time, but if Mariner is in charge then I'll probably end up not even using the tickets. I need to see a much improved performance by the club from top to bottom - or I'll officially bow out. It really comes down to management. I don't want to invest any more of my time, money and energy on a team that is destined to fail. I need to at least feel as though we're not in the hands of extreme incompetence. Once we have a proper President of TFC in place (someone who had been in a similar role for min. 3 years at a club in a proper league - and with success) and have a new manager in place (again, someone with actual experience as head coach in a proper league for min. 3 years - and with success) then I'll come back. Until then it's just humiliation for all of us.

if they name EARL the new man i am likely out but if not i am kinda in the same boat as you, ill likely renew 1 more time to see where it goes. I am not happy at all with anything the front office is doing other then the fact they brought a club to toronto.

Everytime you think, "it cant get worse", well it does somehow.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterix606 View Post
    WORST HOME RECORDS

#1 = Chivas @ 3-8-2 (11 points)
    #2 = TFC @ 3-7-3 (12 points)
    #18 = Impact @ 10-3-2 (32 points)

There is no entertainment value with such a miserable home record.

WORST HOME GOALS

Chivas = 8
    TFC = 13
    (Note: Montreal = 31)

WOW! We score an average of 1 goal per game at home. Lots of fun for the home fans!

CONCLUSION

There is no price/entertainment value ratio that could make any sense for me with these stats and 6 Seasons of shit results!
    Your constant comparisons to Montreal, our only rival to some, is getting suspicious. Either you are trolling we Toronto supporters and need to stop using the term "we" or you are trying to support two teams at once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha Ha!! You again Fort York!

I'll solve the mystery for you. I was born and raised in a small francophone city in northern Ontario. The francophones in the north of the province both love the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens.

Same for football, I love TFC and like the Impact! The comparison of both is mostly to show that a 1st year team is killing us!!
    Last edited by asterix606; 09-08-2012 at 04:57 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha Ha!! You again Fort York!

I'll solve the mystery for you. I was born and raised in a small francophone city in northern Ontario. The francophones in the north of the province both love the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens.

I also love TFC and like the Impact! The comparison of both is mostly to show that a 1st year team is killing us!!

You like more than one team. Mystery solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see where asterix is coming from, i also compare what TFC are doing compared to what the 2 other clubs in Canada are doing.

montreal has 10 wins at home in 1 season, do we even have 10 regular season home wins in 6 years???

Vancouver is in the playoff hunt after a few seasons

TFC management is shit from top to bottom and TFC are being left in the dust

the comparison is valid in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    You like more than one team. Mystery solved.
    No! Read the message...

I love TFC (Season ticket holder for years (done after this year), own jersey etc..)
    I like the Impact (Own nothing)

And to solve another mystery (since you blasted me many times for bad spelling on this board). English is my third language, after French and Spanish.

Please consider it next time, we are not all Redcoats in Ontario.

(NOTE: I respect RPB members and your internet site and do not wish to escalate this, we are off topic. Case closed)

TFC DOVE
    Last edited by asterix606; 09-08-2012 at 05:15 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No! Read the message...

I love TFC (Season ticket holder for years (done after this year), own jersey etc..)
    I like the Impact (Own nothing)

And to solve another mystery (since you blasted me many times for bad spelling on this board). English is my third language, after French and Spanish.

Please think twice next time, we are not all Redcoats in Ontario.

I don't correct your grammar. Just your misinformation. I don't see why I would have to think twice about what you're first language is. i care nothing about your background. I care about who supports this team in this league. I can't see how you can support more than one.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-08-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't correct you're grammar. Just your misinformation. I don't see why I would have to think twice about what you're first language is. i care nothing about your background. I care about who supports this team in this league. I can't see how you can support more than one.

Wow! You shot the dove, ha, ha! What are you talking about, my misinformation! Are you talking about TFC and MLS stats! They don't lie!

And yes, you did in past messages (not today) blast my spelling!

Think twice man! Real hard! Us francophones in northern Ontario have an attachment to both English (Ontario) and French (Quebec). Hence the reason to like two teams in MLS, NHL or other leagues!

Strange and scary that you don't seem to understand how someone can enjoy more than one team!
    Last edited by asterix606; 09-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! You shot the dove, ha, ha! What are you talking about, my misinformation! Are you talking about TFC and MLS stats! They don't lie!

And yes, you did in past messages (not today) blast my spelling!

Think twice man! Real hard! Us francophones in Ontario have an attachment to both English (Ontario) and French (Quebec). Hence the reason to like two teams in NHL or other leagues!

Strange and scary that you don't seem to understand how someone can support more than one team!
    I see your excuse. I just don't validate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your excuse. I just don't validate it.
    It's not an excuse.

It's a statement!

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on the (presumed) "Sorry We Screwed Up" ticket discount that ML$E MUST offer, I will likely renew, because I think it's important to continue to support professional football in Ontario and Canada. This is not meant to support the owners, it's an investment in Henry, Morgan, and all of the other young Canadian players that are being developed through the academy. I will, however, likely be looking to relocate from my expensive seats right behind the players bench.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    Depending on the (presumed) "Sorry We Screwed Up" ticket discount that ML$E MUST offer, I will likely renew, because I think it's important to continue to support professional football in Ontario and Canada. This is not meant to support the owners, it's an investment in Henry, Morgan, and all of the other young Canadian players that are being developed through the academy. I will, however, likely be looking to relocate from my expensive seats right behind the players bench.
    I don't disagree with your sentiment. However, I wanted to add some context to your post. TFC-A will continue regardless of the level of support provided Toronto has an MLS franchise. The league, as a function of its multi-year deal with Adidas mandated all of its franchises to have an Academy. TFC had no choice in the matter but to have one.

The biggest thing you can do to support the development of Canadian players, and in particular those from Ontario, is to get behind the new OPDL that will launch in 2014. Clubs and SAAC (Private Academy) teams will compete starting with the 2001 birth year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the CMNT get into the hex, some of those games (maybe all 5?) will be the 5 biggest games in BMO history. That'll come into it for some people.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my interest is gone, and has been since may.

so no, i will not be renewing. i might as well pass them on
    to someone on the waiting list...if there still is a list.

anyway, it actually felt special for a couple years there,
    didn't miss a game back then... good luck TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was leaked a while ago. Same as 2011, unless there are some more expensive sections that will see reductions.
    Last edited by nfitz; 09-08-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSH since day one. Travel to Florida for preseason. I want us to win, but I also want to watch entertaining football. I hated Prekiball, and I am not enjoying the way Mariner has us playing. I think I would rather pick and choose the games I go to next year. Hopefully some more WCQ games. My seats are almost two grand for the pair, and they are not worth it. I can see us winning more games next season, but still being relatively crap, and still playing very boring football. Had a real hard time giving away my tix for the game on Wednesday against Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to renew. 6 yrs was enough for me. Tickets are so easily available on game day. The only thing that would make me re-new would be a big discount on tickets for 2013. And i mean big.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not entirely sure yet what I'm going to do. I'd say that right now I'm the epitome of an "undecided consumer". I've only been to a handful of games at BMO this year and leased my seat in 112 to another member here on the boards.

There are a variety of reasons for my decline in attendance/participation, but the price by itself is not really an issue. In my mind, much of it boils down to an issue of value (ie: what am I getting for the money I'm spending).

And it's not about expecting a team that magically makes the playoffs each season and is a mainstay in Champions League, but rather demanding a team that can at least compete respectfully and isn't torn apart up by other clubs with a fraction of the financial support that our ownership has and an even shorter tenure in the league.

I don't know what to say. So much of this club infuriates me, yet I love soccer and I love the people in the stands with me. Dropping them and just picking up tickets on a day-to-day basis is looking to be the best option for me.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me do a Lehrer from another thread...

My two friends and I bought season tickets last year. We paid even the criminal surcharge of paying for MLS Cup tickets (we didn't mind, it was cold, and all of Chad Barrett, Nana, Maicon Santos, Jake Peterson and others were seated in the row behind us). We bought concessions. Lots of them. Many tipsy, tipsy concessions. We waited with excitement for every time the boys played, regardless whether it was the league or the CCL shitshow (because of the refereeing, you know).

Now?

We dropped our tickets. We boycott and preload at other bars. This year, I've been to 3 games. All tickets bought for less than face from desperate sellers who won't be around next year.

Those of you renewing, enjoy the free MasterCard jerseys.