View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    MLSE compares it to the cost of the Leafs and Raptors, and whatever else is going on in the marketplace because they're idiots.
    Helped with your post.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    Helped with your post.
    LOL. Indeed... but that's always implied
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just noticed Paul Beirne lurking in the renewal thread over on U-Sector's board. Generally speaking, I'd say he isn't playing to as tough a crowd over there....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lurk. lurk.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    lurk. lurk.
    Lol !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    lurk. lurk.
    So .... wazzup? Care to run anything up the flagpole and see who salutes?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    nfitz you really need to drop it.

To further bury your ridiculous argument - I rode that line every day M-F for five years (2006-2011) and can say unequivocally that's how long it takes. I HAVE seen a train sit at bloor (and pretty much every other station along the line) for five minutes (often might be an exaggeration but it does happen with regularity) - delays happen all the time if you ride the TTC everyday. Even without them - 25 mins up and down from Eglinton is how long it takes, that is reality of actually doing it, not looking at a TTC timetable.
    I don't agree with nfitz on anything. But all I know is that I have been riding the TTC in rush hour, morning and evening for years and I would go from Sheppard to College in about 30 mins. Actually, I would get from my house to U of T (College side) in 40 mins. Sure there are delays but that's the same as everywhere. Also after living in the UK for a year, I have to say that our subway system, though not nearly as many lines, is far more comfortable than the London Tube. They don't even have air conditioning on their trains. And they are way smaller and cramped.

Also nfitz is right. During rush hour there are trains less than every 3 minutes. And the platform delays are not that frequent. Five minutes is a bit of an exaggeration for a regular length delay. A train idling even for a minute on a platform should feel like an eternity since doors are open usually for no more than 15 seconds, if that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I never ride the subway. I drive my car everywhere, so I have no idea how long a train sits at a station.

I can, however, regale you with stories of driving along the 403-QEW-427-401-400 and sometimes 407.

Would anyone like to read about my daily commute ? ... or can we just keep this thread on the general topic of whether you are renewing your season tickets or not ?

No more posts about train delays.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I don't agree with nfitz on anything. But all I know is that I have been riding the TTC in rush hour, morning and evening for years and I would go from Sheppard to College in about 30 mins. Actually, I would get from my house to U of T (College side) in 40 mins. Sure there are delays but that's the same as everywhere. Also after living in the UK for a year, I have to say that our subway system, though not nearly as many lines, is far more comfortable than the London Tube. They don't even have air conditioning on their trains. And they are way smaller and cramped.

Also nfitz is right. During rush hour there are trains less than every 3 minutes. And the platform delays are not that frequent. Five minutes is a bit of an exaggeration for a regular length delay. A train idling even for a minute on a platform should feel like an eternity since doors are open usually for no more than 15 seconds, if that.
    i lived in the UK for 2 years, only got back in June. I lived just on the outskirts of London. Now that i am back in Canada living in Oakville i can tell you my personal exsperience of the transit in the GTA is a joke. Yes the GO trains are nicer, more confortable and the subway is cleanner and less cramed. But the London trains are not always packed and are not that dirty. Also look at our subway, it covers the smallest of areas in Toronto. London it covers the whole dam city. The above ground train rails are everywhere as well. If you want to get to the center, North, East, West, South sides of the city there is a rail and underground and ways to get to any of these places. Trains even on non peak hours are never more then 10-15 mins apart. If i want to get to B'ham, Liverpool, Manchester there are loads of trains and options to take every hour. If i want to get to Portsmouth or Brighton , there are umpting train rides an hour as well to get to these cities from London. i want to get to Gatwick or Heathrow Airport, well there are trains running all the time as well. Now the GO Train unless its rush hour they are 1 train an hour. I want to get to Hamilton, it is only waht 30km away??? nope train service is not there, have to get a bus at Burlington or aldershot to get there. Want a train to Niagra Falls, nope only in the summer time at certain hours of the day, winter this service doesn't even exsist. I want to get to North missasauga ...nope i i would have to go to Union first. I want to get to Peaarson Airport? nope got to take a cab.

There has been to many times i miss a train and am left waitting for 40-50 minutes for the next dam train. Many times its watch the end of TFC game and wait 50mins for next train or leave at 80min and time it just right to get the train home without waitting. Our system is shit and it is only made to get people to and from Downtown Toronto, and it is not even good at doing that. it is not really made to get people else where in the city and GTA area. I would rather take a cramed train or less comfortable train any day if it saves me waitting around for up to an hour for the next train sometimes even waitting in the cold, rain or in some shitty bus shelter waitting for the next GO Train. Subway needs to cover more of the central, North West and North East ends of the city. A subway to Pearson construction needs to start construction NOW!
    Last edited by james; 09-28-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the inefficiencies with our train systems. I was just saying that the subway system getting you from station A to station B is not as bad as we think. The lack of stations is an entirely different debate and would fall into Toronto's extremely inefficient overall commute time.

Anyway, back to the topic (that I contributed to deviating from - I'm sorry!). I'm not renewing and it has nothing to do with transit. No direction/vision alone is enough to make anyone renew. Add in the high school dramas we've been experiencing since 2007 and it's hard to convince people to reconsider. Though I am waiting for that phone call from a ticket rep to convince me otherwise. I feel sorry for those guys the most. They're going to be treated worse than telemarketers.
    Last edited by PAOK17; 09-28-2012 at 10:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, back on topic: Daniel Girard has an article about the TFC "No Fee" promotion on the Star website -- especially about the angry fan response on Facebook: http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...ticket-holders

Good that the negative reaction is getting some press. Sadly, he has an error in the article: he said both the $8.50 per ticket fee, and the $5.25 per order fee were waived. I just checked again: they still want to charge you the $5.25 "Order Processing Fee." What an effin joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Just noticed Paul Beirne lurking in the renewal thread over on U-Sector's board. Generally speaking, I'd say he isn't playing to as tough a crowd over there....
    I dont want to incite a riot, but isnt their capo on the TFC payroll? It certainly would explain the soft stance and pro-FO comments on twitter... strikes me as a 'conflict of interest', but hey, who am I to judge?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfan2011 View Post
    I dont want to incite a riot, but isnt their capo on the TFC payroll? It certainly would explain the soft stance and pro-FO comments on twitter... strikes me as a 'conflict of interest', but hey, who am I to judge?
    I don't know anything about that, and certainly won't speculate. In any event my comment wasn't meant as a slight against U-Sector in any way - just an observation that most of the people that posted on that thread certainly plan on renewing. Whereas many here are still undecided.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Um, back on topic: Daniel Girard has an article about the TFC "No Fee" promotion on the Star website -- especially about the angry fan response on Facebook: http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...ticket-holders

Good that the negative reaction is getting some press. Sadly, he has an error in the article: he said both the $8.50 per ticket fee, and the $5.25 per order fee were waived. I just checked again: they still want to charge you the $5.25 "Order Processing Fee." What an effin joke.
    For once someone in the media actually giving it to TFC. It's so strange that they haven't done any of this during the Mariner era.

Ha Bierne can empathize?
    Last edited by PAOK17; 09-28-2012 at 10:44 PM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfan2011 View Post
    His contract ended. No longer is he a part of TFC FO.

During the whole wear green campaign they remained loyal to TFC. Read deeper.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I don't know anything about that, and certainly won't speculate. In any event my comment wasn't meant as a slight against U-Sector in any way - just an observation that most of the people that posted on that thread certainly plan on renewing. Whereas many here are still undecided.
    yes, not trying to associate you with my opinion sorry about that. just something i've possibly observed along the way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    His contract ended. No longer is he a part of TFC FO.

During the whole wear green campaign they remained loyal to TFC. Read deeper.
    ah... so I am out to lunch... fair enough. ignore and continue on.

edit: wait, i just re-read that... yeah.
    Last edited by tfcfan2011; 09-28-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Paul B says he has "empathy" for the season ticket holders.

Thank god. I feel better now.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

not to worry, that award-winning team of marketing geniuses created something out of nothing once, i'm sure they can do it again in time for next year...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least he isn't Angry Earl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She says she's interested in you, but she's only after your money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can my brothers friend transfer one of his pair of tickets that he doesnt use to me (i currently have seasons in the north) or does he have to keep them and sell them to me and im no longer a season ticket holder on paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is sort of like Bernie Madoff telling his victims he understands their pain now that he's broke too.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    Can my brothers friend transfer one of his pair of tickets that he doesnt use to me (i currently have seasons in the north) or does he have to keep them and sell them to me and im no longer a season ticket holder on paper.
    Which TTC stop does he get on at ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    I think you would have to ask them directly. The way it used to be, when we had that ridiculous waiting list, they weren't so accommodating. They didn't want people just transferring names (as a way of skipping the waiting list). When I left for a year I wanted to give control to my cousin. What they did for me was allowed me to add him as a secondary season ticket holder to the account. So basically he has the same rights as I do to buy tickets, etc. through the Account Manager. Actually, we had to share the same Account Manager login, etc. So at the very least you'll be able to be added to his account. Not sure if he can then remove himself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This past off season they allowed people to split their accounts and put some of your tickets in another person's name.

They claimed it was a one time offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This is sort of like Bernie Madoff telling his victims he understands their pain now that he's broke too.

Funny, that you mention Bernie Madoff, because that is exactly what came to mind when I thought about MSLE continuously selling TFC based on atmosphere scheme, they are selling tickets to fans/supporters based on the atmosphere the same fans/supporters make, it is like selling investments by giving paying people dividends/profits from the sale of more investment, while the acctual "product" does not exist, or is losing product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sent ticket rep an email about it, wonder what they will say