View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless they are talking about the action in front of our keeper from 80 minutes onward the term Frenzy would hardly apply. How about the "Never Free Fuckup"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one too.

"The problem Gary, is that despite how bad this club has performed in all areas, they've made bank. That's why Tom goes up the food chain, he's making money off literal garbage.

Stop paying for this crap. If you absolutely must attend then do the poor souls stuck with tickets a favour and buy it from them, don't fuel this beast any further and help someone out.

MLSE doesn't care much for the pennies TFC makes in comparison to their other assets. They just think eventually they'll luck into wins and everything will be okay. Oblivious to the fact that supporter culture is dead because the south end is infected with families and scalpers. Then again, that's what they want, families spend more on concessions and demand less in terms of performance."
    aside from overpaying on a worthless product, this person describes exactly why renewing seems so radically incoherent to me. it's like giving money to a meth addict thinking they won't spend it on meth.

not renewing does not = disowning TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Based on ebay and ticket trader observation, I don't think there have been any single game ticket sales the last 3 years. So I doubt it is coming into their thinking. I don't think walkup is as price sensitive as SSH, I just think they've disappeared for now. When they come back, they'll pay whatever it takes. So I doubt lowering single game tickets much will happen. SSHs are the whole enchilada now, with some mopping up done on travelzoo or whatever.
    I'm not quite sure I understand - there are about 35 tix on Stubhub under $40 for the last game of the season, and nobody puts tickets up for auction on ebay anymore because there is zero demand - you put your tickets up for auction you may be lettinga pair go for $5-$10, so nobody bothers...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post

But 25 minutes on the subway train to go 11 stations? Perhaps in the heart of rush-hour, when the system is failing because of crowding. I've found the TTC's old travel time calculator - http://web.archive.org/web/200709300...time_chart.pdf very accurate, and it says 15 minutes. Going home, I'd think you'd be faster to take the Ossington bus to the Bloor subway, given the line-ups for the 509 (which is a bus these days ...)
    I do it 25-50 times a year. It takes 25 minutes. There are usually delays at Davisville, Bloor and King (sometimes). Bloor is often a 5 minute stop. Take it to the bank.

Plus the frequency is not good enough - 6 minutes in rush hour, 8 minutes midday. It should be 90-120 seconds in rush hour (and is on major lines in most cities in the world)
    Last edited by ensco; 09-27-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So when you read the offer: "TFC - No Fee Frenzy!" you might have thought, um, that there would be "no fee" to purchase these tickets, right?

Well.... actually..... if you try to complete the purchase, you find that they will charge you a "$5.25 Order Processing Fee" right at the end when you enter the payment details --- ah ha ha ha ha that's awesome!!!

No I wasn't even thinking of purchasing these tickets, just figured there might be some extra fee at the end so I decided to give it a try. I hate Ticketmaster anyway, but this is just delicious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    I'm not quite sure I understand - there are about 35 tix on Stubhub under $40 for the last game of the season, and nobody puts tickets up for auction on ebay anymore because there is zero demand - you put your tickets up for auction you may be lettinga pair go for $5-$10, so nobody bothers...
    I'm saying since the single game market doesn't really exist any more, MLSE won't lower pricing for it, because it doesn't matter where pricing is set, the single gamers aren't coming regardless.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tiberius, I think your account has been hacked by King Dave!

You need to log in and change your password immediately!

PM'ing right now to make sure you get this ASAP....
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-28-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: removed offending quote

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Tiberius, I think your account has been hacked by King Dave!

You need to log in and change your password immediately!

PM'ing right now to make sure you get this ASAP....
    Ah Alonso - I will cherish your last response before my ultimate ban... Long live King Dave, long live Roogsie and a ton of others... ... you just can't let MLSE continuously screw with this board. Call a spade a spade. Enough is enough - this guy should have been long gone as a troller - MLSE wins! Carry on boys! Long live T-boy and Nfitz!!!! Sheeesh.

The definition of a troll is:

a term used to describe any Internet user behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else

An individual who chronically trolls in regularly posts specious arguments,

Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, “Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll.

Rest assured, I love debate and difference of opinion - that is not what this is about...
    Last edited by tiberius; 09-27-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You called?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm saying since the single game market doesn't really exist any more, MLSE won't lower pricing for it, because it doesn't matter where pricing is set, the single gamers aren't coming regardless.
    Ah - so true - if there are no walk ups - why worry? They might a well leave the walk up price high because random walk-ups will pay the going price. I wonder what kind of volume the BMo ticket office and Ticketmonster have had this year? I can"t imagine many folk paying the full Monty - especially with the hungry scalpers already talking a huge bath... Surely they would intercept most walkups with a more attractive priced ticket...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    You called?!
    T-boy - Thank God you are back - please debate nfitz for a while - he has blown my brains out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T-boy - Thank God you are back - please debate nfitz for a while - he has blown my brains out!
    Oh man, I just can't do it right now! I put so much enthusiasm into posting for most of this season, and it just got so negative around here, it was too painful to post. I try and be positive and find the positive aspects of games/play/management/players - but it got to the point about a month ago that if I posted *anything* positive at all, I was laughed at, poked fun at, and usually picked on, often by a mod. So, I haven't been here in a while, as even the most positive fan out there (like myself) can't deal with so much negativity.

I'm beginning to think I am the bad luck around here though - not only are TFC on a "games without a (league) win" streak again, but my Oxford United are now 5 games lost in a row! I'll keep trucking though. I'm off to England this weekend and I'll catch 2 Oxford games next week (against Wimbledon and top-of-the-table Gillingham). My father told me "not to expect to see much good football or a win", and I said "don't worry, I'm used to that watching TFC!". He laughed. I'll be back in Toronto for the Montreal game. I hope we win that one, local derby and all.

That's all I have to say. I can't debate somebody, tiberius, if all my enthusiasm for trying to be positive has been beaten out of me by my fellow supporters I come here to read the news, but not post right now. When the mood, and the in-fighting between supporters, lets up, I will post again. But otherwise its like posting against a wave of hate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Oh man, I just can't do it right now! ... I'll be back in Toronto for the Montreal game. I hope we win that one, local derby and all...
    Travel safe - see you at the last home game...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel safe - see you at the last home game...
    Cheers man. We may be the only two at the game. At least it will be easy to spot each other!

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL @tiberius ; loses it !

@nfitz ; is the patron saint of lost arguments... the funny thing is he starts
    most of them.

edit : [notices tiberius has been banned] ah, well... he was probably driven to madness by the combined effects of tiny doses of @nfitz ; and TFC ineptitude.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen to more of us, to be honest.
    Last edited by TOBOR !; 09-28-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free parking?

Screw that! Put a winning and exciting team and reduce ticket prices. That will be enough to win fans back! Free parking isn't good enough and besides, who drives to downtown Toronto? That is traffic nightmare unless we're talking about driving during weeknights.

Why did TTC stop 509 streetcar service? 509 Buses are too slow because they're always caught in traffic (especially around Bathurst and Lakeshore intersection)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^509 streetcar service hasn't been discontinued - just temporarily replaced by buses until 2013 while the Queen's Quay revitalization project is being done. I agree that the Bathurst/Lakeshore intersection is a nightmare though with the buses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is similar to the Blue Jays ticketing policy. (Although they do get a lot of single game buyers, mostly driven by the fact there are so many damn games).

But ever since Paul Beeston took over the Jays again, they started implementing a policy of not discounting tickets. For example, they stopped running Toonie Tuesdays. There policy is to not devalue the product.

The Jays didn't want to devalue their product.

Now the Jays owners are part owners of TFC. One of the reason for the season ticket renewal delay may be a fight between the existing TFC front office and the new owners over price point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    This is similar to the Blue Jays ticketing policy. (Although they do get a lot of single game buyers, mostly driven by the fact there are so many damn games).

But ever since Paul Beeston took over the Jays again, they started implementing a policy of not discounting tickets. For example, they stopped running Toonie Tuesdays. There policy is to not devalue the product.

The Jays didn't want to devalue their product.

Now the Jays owners are part owners of TFC. One of the reason for the season ticket renewal delay may be a fight between the existing TFC front office and the new owners over price point.
    Oh man, I hope that’s not the argument that is playing out behind the scenes. The jays are just backstopped by so many things TFC is not. They have more history, two world championships, a large TV audience, out of town fans from division rivals who will attend in large numbers, as well as a location that makes it easier for walk-up sales. Not only that, but of the four Toronto sports team’s playing under the umbrella of rogers, they are the only one not playing in the #1 global league or in a half decent facility. It’s hard to sell the “come to BMO field and get horizontal rain in the face” story compared to sitting in the ACC or Rogers centre where you can be more easily distracted by other things.

If I am doing ticket sales for TFC next season, I probably have this feeling of a noose tightening around my neck. I don’t see what story they have left to sell to fans, they’ve tried just about everything already. Anselmi is probably trotting out his “sports is cyclical” line with regularity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do it 25-50 times a year. It takes 25 minutes. There are usually delays at Davisville, Bloor and King (sometimes). Bloor is often a 5 minute stop. Take it to the bank.
    I don't believe it. I frequently get on this train at Bloor station. I've NEVER seen a southbound train sit in Bloor station for 5 minutes. Even in rush-hour.

Plus the frequency is not good enough - 6 minutes in rush hour, 8 minutes midday. It should be 90-120 seconds in rush hour (and is on major lines in most cities in the world)
    The frequency isn't 6-minutes in rush hour. It's scheduled as 2.4 minutes in morning rush-hour and 2.5 minutes in afternoon rush-hour - might see the occasional 5-minute gap, but then other trains would move through quickly. I've stood there many times in rush-hour, and as soon as one train pulls out, another pulls into Bloor station. Mid-day is less than 4-minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    LOL @tiberius ; loses it !

@nfitz ; is the patron saint of lost arguments... the funny thing is he starts
    most of them.
    What are you talking about?
    Last edited by nfitz; 09-28-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nfitz you really need to drop it.

To further bury your ridiculous argument - I rode that line every day M-F for five years (2006-2011) and can say unequivocally that's how long it takes. I HAVE seen a train sit at bloor (and pretty much every other station along the line) for five minutes (often might be an exaggeration but it does happen with regularity) - delays happen all the time if you ride the TTC everyday. Even without them - 25 mins up and down from Eglinton is how long it takes, that is reality of actually doing it, not looking at a TTC timetable.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nfitz, not calling you out for being an idiot, because you're probably more stubborn than stupid, but I rode that line for more than 10 years (early 1990s to 2003) every single fucking day. And the train stood at Bloor station. For 5 minutes. Sometimes more. Often.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah Alonso - I will cherish your last response before my ultimate ban... Long live King Dave, long live Roogsie and a ton of others... ... you just can't let MLSE continuously screw with this board. Call a spade a spade. Enough is enough - this guy should have been long gone as a troller - MLSE wins! Carry on boys! Long live T-boy and Nfitz!!!! Sheeesh.

The definition of a troll is:

a term used to describe any Internet user behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else

An individual who chronically trolls in regularly posts specious arguments,

Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, “Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll.

Rest assured, I love debate and difference of opinion - that is not what this is about...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I don't believe it. I frequently get on this train at Bloor station. I've NEVER seen a southbound train sit in Bloor station for 5 minutes. Even in rush-hour.

The frequency isn't 6-minutes in rush hour. It's scheduled as 2.4 minutes in morning rush-hour and 2.5 minutes in afternoon rush-hour - might see the occasional 5-minute gap, but then other trains would move through quickly. I've stood there many times in rush-hour, and as soon as one train pulls out, another pulls into Bloor station. Mid-day is less than 4-minutes.
    What are you talking about?

The persons asking for travel information have it. This conversation is now becoming off topic. Let's move on before it becomes a flame war and infractions are given. Thanks.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im gonna miss Tiberius, atleast for his avatar.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-28-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: please pm mods for mod issues

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Im gonna miss Tiberius, atleast for his avatar. But seriously he shouldnt be banned.
    He's not permanently banned (yet), he just accumulated enough bad points to be off the board for a while.

Any discussions about moderating should be done via PM to any of the moderators, not by posting in thread, per board rules.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One day TFC will be, if not already, a case study of how not to run a business.

And to think after the first two years it was seen as a model, though a lot of people were already seeing holes in their business model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 years ago i went to West Ham vs Burnley FA Cup 5th round i bleive. It was 15 pounbds for all ticekts at upton park (roughly $23 canadian)

i just checked some recent prices of this season and this is what i see.

On september 22nd,2012 League Cup 3rd round match, West Ham vs Wigan at Upton Park. Tickets 15 pounds (roughly $23 Candian) to sit anywhere in the stadium. Kids 8 pounds (roughly $12.50 Canadian).

Southampton vs West Ham United October 20th,2012 at Upton Park......special deal, kids are 1 pound a ticket or roughly about $1.60 Canadian. Thats a premiership game.

As comparisson to tickets at BMO field, some games only our south end ticekts are cheaper then going to west ham games. And only just by a few dollars. I never see special deals for kids close to what West Ham some times offer. I know it's a different country different league and all, but as we all know just another comparison to show how ripped of TFC fans get.
    Last edited by james; 09-28-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, West Ham (or any premier team) can afford to sell tickets for very low price because huge TV money contracts teams in Premier league get. Plus, I am sure money they get from their sponsors are a lot too. TFC (and MLS in general) get most of their revenue from tickets since TV contracts and sponsorship money is low.

I think it's better to compare TFC to other MLS teams.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    To be fair, West Ham (or any premier team) can afford to sell tickets for very low price because huge TV money contracts teams in Premier league get. Plus, I am sure money they get from their sponsors are a lot too. TFC (and MLS in general) get most of their revenue from tickets since TV contracts and sponsorship money is low.

I think it's better to compare TFC to other MLS teams.
    Do that at your own peril.

MLSE compares it to the cost of the Leafs and Raptors, and whatever else is going on in the marketplace.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha