View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Anyone else get the email about TFC paying your ticketmaster fees if you buy tickets to the October/Nov (cant remember which) games? Desperate times.
    I did. I giggled out loud when I read it and my wife asked why. I said "nevermind...it's not worth mentioning"....and promptly deleted the email.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else get the email about TFC paying your ticketmaster fees if you buy tickets to the October/Nov (cant remember which) games? Desperate times.
    I got that too.

Tickets will still be cheaper on the aftermarket though, so why would anyone buy direct from the club.

A few weeks back they were running radio ads stating that tickets were available staring at $17. That is actually below the south end season ticket price per game.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    I got that too.

Tickets will still be cheaper on the aftermarket though, so why would anyone buy direct from the club.

A few weeks back they were running radio ads stating that tickets were available staring at $17. That is actually below the south end season ticket price per game.
    That's bananas. Unless that seat is in Mariner's lap! Although, that would be bananas too!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to add to the comedy, the game against Montreal on October 20th is a 'premium' game. That means tickets start at $41. Who the hell in their right mind would pay that much for a south end ticket to see TFC play?

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last Rememberance Day, Winter called me to ask why I wasn't renewing. Very curious to see if Mariner will be taking part in a similar bit of marketing this year.

Isn't this the type of shit they have to do in places like Phoenix to move hockey tickets ?

Pretty soon they'll offer free parking as well... which might not be such a bad deal : buy a cheap ticket, get free parking, leave your car on the lot, throw your ticket away and go for a nice walk along the waterfront.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Isn't this the type of shit they have to do in places like Phoenix to move hockey tickets ?

Pretty soon they'll offer free parking as well... which might not be such a bad deal : buy a cheap ticket, get free parking, leave your car on the lot, throw your ticket away and go for a nice walk along the waterfront.
    They will never offer free parking, they don't own or run any lots around the stadium.

Just checked craigslist and you can get decent tickets for the Montreal game for $20 per seat. Why would you pay the club $41+ for the same ticket?

Edit: My bad, the Marlies offer 50% off parking for their season ticket holders. So the possibility does exist for the club to do something on the parking front.

http://www.marlies.ca/userfiles/imag...ted%20copy.jpg
    Last edited by narduch; 09-27-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

nevermind
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will never offer free parking, they don't own or run any lots around the stadium.

Just checked craigslist and you can get decent tickets for the Montreal game for $20 per seat. Why would you pay the club $41+ for the same ticket?

Edit: My bad, the Marlies offer 50% off parking for their season ticket holders. So the possibility does exist for the club to do something on the parking front.

http://www.marlies.ca/userfiles/imag...ted%20copy.jpg
    I got free parking to the MLS Cup final because I drove a VW so your right the possibility does exsit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seriously doubt there'll be free parking or food discounts, or for that matter actual price cuts, because all of those moves are nearly irreversible - they're probably stuck with that forever once they bring it in.

We already know what they'll likely do - "free games". It's a lot easier to take back "free games" (as they did in 2012, remember, the opener was "free" in 2011) than it is to raise prices.

This methodology also helps them do differentiated pricing (ie more expensive seats get more free games). If I was to guess, south end will get one free game, but reds will get 4-5 games. Most people here aren't in them, but the better tickets are where the real problem is, reds trade for only $20 or less on ebay, but cost over $60. There will be carnage in the renewals in the prawn sandwich sections if they don't get real.

What the TFC marketing geniuses probably won't understand is, that when it takes the customer 3 hours to even understand whatever it is they propose, they're probably losing people right there.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-27-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's better to wait for the Groupon fire sales. It may go even lower.

One thing for sure, if you can get cheaper prices than SSH through Groupon/Craiglist/whatever, the rational for buying season tickets disappears, unless you like the convenience/particular seat.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I seriously doubt there'll be free parking or food discounts or any of that because it's irreversible - they're stuck with that forever once they bring it in.

Any price drop, no matter how small, will be designed to be "temporary". My guess is they will do what they did in 2011 -use "free games" (remember, the opener was "free"). It's a lot easier to take back "free games" (as they did in 2012) than it is to raise prices.

This methodology also helps them do differentiated pricing (ie more expensive seats get more free games).
    Given that they won't sell out the SSH packages this time, that strategy won't work. Why? Because they will actually need to lower the price of individual tickets in order to move them.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we all know that any compromises made are going to be far from meaningful, in fact it will probably be insulting (i.e a price freeze and merch grab). can't imagine why anyone would renew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that they're calling this 'deal' the No Free Frenzy is a joke. I don't know if selling 10 more tickets (if they're lucky) qualifies as

fren·zy (frnz) n. pl. fren·zies 1. A state of violent mental agitation or wild excitement.
    2. Temporary madness or delirium.
    3. A mania; a craze.

It just shows how much our marketing department has zero clue - the problem here is not the TM fees.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Given that they won't sell out the SSH packages this time, that strategy won't work. Why? Because they will actually need to lower the price of individual tickets in order to move them.
    Based on ebay and ticket trader observation, I don't think there have been any single game ticket sales the last 3 years. So I doubt it is coming into their thinking. I don't think walkup is as price sensitive as SSH, I just think they've disappeared for now. When they come back, they'll pay whatever it takes. So I doubt lowering single game tickets much will happen. SSHs are the whole enchilada now, with some mopping up done on travelzoo or whatever.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the TFC marketing geniuses probably won't understand is, that when it takes the customer 3 hours to even understand whatever it is they propose, they're probably losing people right there.
    You are talking about the marketing geniuses behind this epic campaign:

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/09...ts-2011-v-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was (I have no idea why) feeling sort of optimistic that the front office might actually get how bad things are and how much better they'll need to do with season ticket packages this year. This latest marketing brainstorm makes me think that no, no they have no clue what the issues are or what they need to do.

The chances of me not renewing are definitely up.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes. "No Fee Frenzy" bringing out a different kind of frenzy on Facebook -- lots of pissed off people. One guy even questioned whether they'd be able to fill the stadium for the last two home games if they flat out gave away the tickets. I kind of agree too..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its actually kind of comical watching the TFC marketing department in action these days.

As for season ticket renewals, I have no idea what they are planning, but going by the history of this club in all aspects of the business, I bet it will be underwhelming.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I for one hope they don't offer any kind of free parking or parking discount for season ticket holders. Exhibition Place parking is limited and hard to get to; often even non-existent or impossible to access due to special events. As a result, many people park off-site; even more take transit/walk/bike etc. I wouldn't be too pleased about a deal that will only be good for a certain percentage of supporters. If they have an available budget to spend on price drops/ marketing/ retention/ good will etc., I hope they will offer deals that more people can take advantage of.

It's different for other stadiums where a larger percentage drive, where ample parking exists on-site, and where few reasonable alternatives exist to get to the stadium for the majority of supporters, i.e., stadium in the boonies.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Sorry, but can I see your crystal ball? Apparently you know for a fact that prices won't decline?
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes. "No Fee Frenzy" bringing out a different kind of frenzy on Facebook -- lots of pissed off people. One guy even questioned whether they'd be able to fill the stadium for the last two home games if they flat out gave away the tickets. I kind of agree too..
    I just had a total laugh on that FB chain, it's off the hook right now. Bloody comedy.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just to add to the comedy, the game against Montreal on October 20th is a 'premium' game. That means tickets start at $41. Who the hell in their right mind would pay that much for a south end ticket to see TFC play?
    (-- insert adjective here --) minds think alike. I just tweeted that same. To sit in 109 will set you back $134 for the pair.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    To sit in 109 will set you back $134 for the pair.
    And then the club wonders why it so difficult to sell single game tickets.

With their 'frenzy' you probably save the additional $15-20 on that $134. Big deal. I've seen tickets on kijiji in 108 for $25 each.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Sorry, but can I see your crystal ball? Apparently you know for a fact that prices won't decline?
    I'm saying the opposite. I think they will lower prices, in particular for the more expensive tickets. And no, I don't have a crystal ball and predicting anything that ML$E will do can drive one insane (although predicting poor results seems to be fairly consistent, regardless of the sport).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I for one hope they don't offer any kind of free parking or parking discount for season ticket holders. Exhibition Place parking is limited and hard to get to; often even non-existent or impossible to access due to special events. As a result, many people park off-site; even more take transit/walk/bike etc. I wouldn't be too pleased about a deal that will only be good for a certain percentage of supporters. If they have an available budget to spend on price drops/ marketing/ retention/ good will etc., I hope they will offer deals that more people can take advantage of.

It's different for other stadiums where a larger percentage drive, where ample parking exists on-site, and where few reasonable alternatives exist to get to the stadium for the majority of supporters, i.e., stadium in the boonies.
    Free parking is also an incentive for people to drive to games instead of taking transit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on ebay and ticket trader observation, I don't think there have been any single game ticket sales the last 3 years. So I doubt it is coming into their thinking. I don't think walkup is as price sensitive as SSH, I just think they've disappeared for now. When they come back, they'll pay whatever it takes. So I doubt lowering single game tickets much will happen. SSHs are the whole enchilada now, with some mopping up done on travelzoo or whatever.
    Walk up is also just as likely (if not more so) to buy off scalpers - which is currently under face most of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Free parking is also an incentive for people to drive to games instead of taking transit.
    Well Toronto's transit system sucks. From Yonge & Eg I can drive to lamport and park in under 20 minutes. I can't get there via TTC in under an hour and the destination station is a 2 minute walk away.

Transit issues aren't MLSE's issue, but this is a driver's city because of it. They could at least work with it.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Do you know for a fact they will?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be at the game from Main & Danforth in under 20 minutes using transit...it's a 45 minute drive...so it's all relative...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Well, yes, but I didn't want to get any car fans all rev'd up. Decided to stick to arguments that more people can agree with. I'm not expecting MLSE to think about or help Toronto transportation planning issues, they have trouble frying MUCH smaller fish.

MLSE making parking cheaper & more popular at BMO isn't going to help anyone in the big picture either, unless they are also planning to pay to increase the road capacity all around the Ex grounds & Liberty Village. Traffic is already precarious in the whole area, adding hundreds more cars will make it worse for everyone in all modes. If somebody finds a good way to make it through with their vehicle & a good place to park at a reasonable price, more power to them. But no need to entice a portion of fans with lower parking costs, since they couldn't handle increased car demand anyway, and the other fans get nothing from it (other than possibly a harder time getting to the stadium themselves).