View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Renewing or Not Renewing

So who's going to pay the piper to do this dance again next year?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the beginning it was hard to get tickets. as the years went by it becames easier and a lot cheaper. this year I've finally got seasons tickets. I've even found it impossible to give away extras. do I really need to pay out now when I can get them at anytime..... hmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of it depends on whether my buddy (the actual owner of the seat that I buy) decides to renew. I only buy the one seat in 112, and I make it to nearly every game...of course, I could get cheaper tickets other ways...

I don't know, but I do like to dance.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in because $360 isn't a lot of cash for me to drop and I think it's not an unreasonable cost for the seat. That being said I think a drop to around $300 per seat would be a decent show of respect to the long suffering supporters because fuck me, they have to do something. But back on topic, the way I see it, I would probably spend just as much if I were to watch all the matches at the Pub anyway and at least down there I know people and they are actually interested in the Match/Sport.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My financial situation hit me pretty hard this year especially towards the end of the summer so I don't think I will renew even though I love my seat location and all the perks that go with my current location that you don't get in other parts of the stadium. If I could find someone to buy the seasons from me and I keep the rights I would do it to keep the seats because I should have corrected my situation by next year but considering the fact that I couldn't even give away the few pairs that I didn't use this year it doesn't bode well for that plan. If they dropped the price significantly I may be able to manage but I doubt there will be a drop. Sad time for me cause I make it to almost every game right now and will miss having my same seats. I will just have to pick some tickets up next year as the season goes probably if the price is right. I will continue to bug my friends to join in on the season tickets with me in the meantime and you never know, I may be able to convince someone to split them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not.
    i'm not going to any games next season.

not because i don't want to.
    not because i don't own the seats.
    not because it's too expensive.
    not because i don't support the team anymore.

im gonna be moving to france as of january
    going to theatre school there until august. hooray!

doesn't answer the question one bit, but that'll explain my absence.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the dark greys in section 121 - the ones that Pookie's analysis showed were amongst the most overpriced at BMO compared to most other MLS stadiums. At a minimum I would need to see a price drop comparable to the one Montreal gave its fans. If not, I'll be downgrading for sure, if I keep any seats at all. I'm really on the fence right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, i'm out as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting to vote on this poll, haven't decided yet about renewing my pair of medium-grey season tickets, but I'm not confused. The prospects are looking VERY bleak at the moment. For me it depends partly on the season ticket renewal offer; price freeze definitely isn't enough. The Anselmi reward for failure definitely lowered my chances of renewing. I was also waiting to hear if they hire a respectable team president for TFC, but I can't imagine anyone capable being shoe-horned between Anselmi & Mariner, if it's already been decided that they're both staying. And now the latest rumour that Cochrane might slither into some role like that.... YHGTBFKM!

Things are really hanging by a thread. So sad. Not interested in downgrading my seats -- the only real reason to renew is some nice neighbours in Section 225. I think they will either renew in the same spot, or not renew at all. No reason for me to grab cheaper season tickets though. In that case it's easier to grab cheap seats when I need them, I sometimes only need a single instead of a pair, or none at all. Lately it's been impossible to sell (or sometimes even give away) spare tickets. W/o seasons, I expect I'll be going & watching much less often, life gets in the way when you're not tied in via season tickets. Why bother scheduling everything around TFC games, like my wife & I have been doing for the last couple of years?

So sad...
    Last edited by Auzzy; 09-07-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm waiting to see if they overhaul the management and put in a real soccer president (i.e. NOT Earl Cochrane) with knowledge of the game and a new coach combined with reduced pricing - ok, what am i thinking, i guess i'm not renewing!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too early for this thread... we don't even know next year's prices yet!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kinda early for this poll considering the options haven't been sent out yet. I voted confused as it's the only "I'm on the fence" equivalent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if anyone is waiting for a discount then they are in for a long wait. remember who we are dealing with here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no for me
    the atmosphere is gone and the quality isnt good enough for me.
    infact, ive grown impatient with MLS as a whole. I tried supporting it, but its just too mickey mouse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on whay my friends and relatives decide. We have 12 seats we share. They are not too happy and it has been hard to give away extra seats this year, etc. Hopefully TFC makes some changes soon and offers STH a crazy deal or else I fear many will leave.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 dark greys in 224. At over $1900 for both I am now done......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sat in 114 for YEARS now and i'm out. I'll watch on TV and i enjoy MLS as a league, but fundamentally, the prices are too high for the quality on the field and the players are we watching.

MLS needs to step in and sort out TFC PRONTO, otherwise i bet this team could get moved in 4-5 years time with the incredible drop in attendance and fan excitement.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    im gonna be moving to france as of january
    going to theatre school there until august. hooray!
    what's the French word for "couch for me to crash on" ?

I'm definitely keeping my seats in 112.

I'll probably relocate my expensive seats into somewhere less brutally priced. Certainly there will be options with all the non-renewals.

I still enjoy going to games. The live experience is certainly more enjoyable than watching away games on TV. Those games are the first casualty of someone losing interest
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be renewing for sure, BMO is a special place to be, cheering on the Reds. It is to each their own on what they decide to do but I think sticking with it through the hard times will make it even sweater when they get better.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to be having a long chat on wednesday with my co holder and number 2 on the list season ticket holder about whether after 6 years... 4 in 123, 1 in 122 and 1 in the north end... do the math... we renew. I'm thinking he's not going for it. I dont blame him. I just want a drinking buddy again :-( I dont see the point. I hated Winter but MAriner is just the opposite of football. He was a shite player and i loved Scotland pumping his England team in the 70s. And Ipswich despite their success were a rubbish bunch of cretins. I cant pay good money to watch a goalie hoof the ball to no-one for 90 mins. I dont see anything changing in the team direction or the backroom direction. Its a shiitshow and i can't believe that its exactly 6 months ago that 47000 of us were enjoying a 2-0 lead at the skydome and 6 months later we are at the absolute clusterfuck we are at now and still going down. Utterly depressing and a colossal waste of money. what is the fucking point.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    I will be renewing for sure, BMO is a special place to be, cheering on the Reds. It is to each their own on what they decide to do but I think sticking with it through the hard times will make it even sweater when they get better.
    ^ to paraphrase Tom Anselmi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    You must be there for the socco.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol... 'socco' (wipes tear). Man, too right. What a six months it's been. From the highest high to the lowest low, and I don't think we're there yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a supporter. TFC till I die. I have been a minor soccer coach for fifteen years and it is important we have 3 strong franchises in Canada to develop the talent. I will continue to be a season ticket holder this year and every year. Tonight I was at the WCQ match between Canada and Panama. We had almost 18k fans watching a very good match, on a world class pitch. That would not have happened without TFC and the strong SSH base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unless they give us 50% off, noooooo. but will attend games occasionally and follow the rest on tv.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may drop 2 of my 4. But I'm keeping at least 2. Is it too much to ask for just a little stability next year? Make a plan ML$E and stick to it F***!
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and my buddy aren't renewing in 115. Really it's the only worthwhile method I have of showing my disgust at the way this shitshow has been run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on the fence last year, but bit the bullet and renewed... but absolutely NOT this year. ML$E did nothing this year to pursuade me to come back. Like others here, I couldn't get anywhere near face value for the tickets to matches I couldn't attend. If I'm going to support a charity, it surely won't be ML$E.

There just comes a time where it doesn't make any more sense to toss money at ML$E. With general household expenses going up and up ... and us making the trek from Niagara Falls, once you factor in gas, parking etc., the entertainment value just isn't there. Basically, I don't want to spend hard earned money and time watching a team NOT win 75% of the time... and then only have ML$E try to continuously sell me shit. They have done nothing to keep me as a fan... absolutely nothing, other than their marketing department scheming new ways to get more money.

I'll spend my hard earned dollars elsewhere -- somewhere where they appreciate it... or make an attempt to make me feel like they do.