View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    Maybe the NHL lockout is delaying MLSE's announcement on ticket prices. I'd imagine they are waiting to see what happens there. If there's no hockey, I don't see how this company can stand it's ground on these prices and afford to have a half full stadium. If the hockey season continues, i'd expect to see the same old prices.
    TFC revenue isn't even the gnat on the elephants ass, compared to the Leafs revenue.

No, the issue is, imho, that the MLSE CEO thing hasn't played out, and Anselmi is trying to figure out desparately how to keep the TFC balloon inflated for one more year. A big drop in prices or SSH count will cause the new landlords to start asking questions he doesn't want to answer. (Face it, how many people know or care about TFC? Right now it's just a line item.)

The other reason could be a big name is coming in (Klinsy Part Deux) to pump people up. Seems unlikely, though.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-22-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I told them I wasn't renewing by responding to the renewals email. Got a call from a ticket rep promptly - asked lots of pretty targeted questions like "Do you think Mariner should be replaced", asked me what players I like, that sort of thing.
    Holy shit! Are they so clueless that they are asking random people (sorry Brad - no offense) how to run the team? No wonder they can't win a game or attract real talent.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ don't worry brad, I value your opinion

Way to go TFCJohn, now he might get a complex

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I wonder if the answers from those questions are collected, reviewed, and affect team operations in any way. It's almost like those clubs (ie. Seattle) that actually give STH's a vote on management. No doubt the club has received a lot of heated feedback from fans. I certainly hope they do their best to make amends for the crap we've had to go through since Day One.
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post
    Holy shit! Are they so clueless that they are asking random people (sorry Brad - no offense) how to run the team? No wonder they can't win a game or attract real talent.
    She said she was collecting feedback to pass to upper management. It was definatley a preset list of questions.

Honestly, I think they are collecting info from folks that are not renewing, and will act based on what people have told them they want, as opposed to acting on what is actually needed in an attempt to retain STH's.

Same old, same old....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She said she was collecting feedback to pass to upper management. It was definatley a preset list of questions.

Honestly, I think they are collecting info from folks that are not renewing, and will act based on what people have told them they want, as opposed to acting on what is actually needed in an attempt to retain STH's.

Same old, same old....
    They probably figure, asking random disgruntled folks is cheaper than hiring another con$ultant.

I didn't even complete the survey a few weeks ago. I thought about it, but couldn't be arsed. I really don't want to talk to some hapless ticket sales rep. I can't even imagine going to a town hall, although I doubt they're holding them this year anyway. Most of all, I don't want to be promised anything, I don't even want to think about getting my hopes up, it would just make me sick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    They probably figure, asking random disgruntled folks is cheaper than hiring another con$ultant.

I didn't even complete the survey a few weeks ago. I thought about it, but couldn't be arsed. I really don't want to talk to some hapless ticket sales rep. I can't even imagine going to a town hall, although I doubt they're holding them this year anyway. Most of all, I don't want to be promised anything, I don't even want to think about getting my hopes up, it would just make me sick.
    At least you got one. I've been a ssh for 2 years and a ransom pack holder before that. Guess my opinion doesn't count.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    At least you got one. I've been a ssh for 2 years and a ransom pack holder before that. Guess my opinion doesn't count.
    I think they sent the survey's out randomly. I've been a SSH since the beginning and I didn't get one this year. It wasn't until I said I wasn't renewing that I got the call.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody else get this call/email? I got this today ....

As a follow up to my voicemail, I wanted to let you know that I will be managing your season seat account going forward. I would like to take a few minutes to introduce myself and clear up some of the account details when you are available. Let me know when would be a better time to speak and I will give you a call.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I also got the call/survey today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Anybody else get this call/email? I got this today ....

As a follow up to my voicemail, I wanted to let you know that I will be managing your season seat account going forward. I would like to take a few minutes to introduce myself and clear up some of the account details when you are available. Let me know when would be a better time to speak and I will give you a call.
    It looks like their has been a turnover in terms of account reps. It looks to me like they know there will be some work in moving tickets in 2013 as it appears to me they have loaded up on sales people.

http://www.torontofc.ca/team-staff
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 09-24-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    It looks like their has been a turnover in terms of account reps. It looks to me like they know there will be some work in moving tickets in 2013 as it appears to me they have loaded up on sales people.

Well, I notice their manager of public relations is a kid five years out of Loyola's PR program with amateur hockey experience and bugger all else:
    Manager, Public Relations & Ticket Sales

Mississauga St. Michael's Majors

September 2008 – December 2010 (2 years 4 months)

PR Intern

Mississauga IceDogs

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post

I blame it all on that crooked accountant.

actually no, their accounting seems to be doing just fine.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Well, I notice their manager of public relations is a kid five years out of Loyola's PR program with amateur hockey experience and bugger all else:
    Manager, Public Relations & Ticket Sales

Mississauga St. Michael's Majors

September 2008 – December 2010 (2 years 4 months)

PR Intern

Mississauga IceDogs

You are giving this guy way too much credit. He is a graduate of Loyalist College (out of Belleville, ON), not Loyola (the American University based out of Chicago).
    Last edited by narduch; 09-24-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me a merchandise whore but I just activated my new TFC BMO Mastercard in case I decide to renew. If a free jersey is all they're offering it will be a tough decision.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me a merchandise whore but I just activated my new TFC BMO Mastercard in case I decide to renew. If a free jersey is all they're offering it will be a tough decision.
    As others have mentioned, I don't trust them on giving an actual official 120 dollar value addidas jersey as advertised. I imagine it will be some cheap knock off. Which actually will have its use next year. If they extend Mariner, we'll all have some cheapa-s jerseys to toss on the field if they miss the playoffs again.

I think any of us in the cheap seats are being delusional to think that ML$E cares if we renew or not. They know they can always find a buyer for the lowest price level. The issue for them is the premium seats and the suites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    As others have mentioned, I don't trust them on giving an actual official 120 dollar value addidas jersey as advertised. I imagine it will be some cheap knock off. Which actually will have its use next year. If they extend Mariner, we'll all have some cheapa-s jerseys to toss on the field if they miss the playoffs again.
    I'd be surprised if it was anything else. Their actual cost on these will be quite low. Also, don't forget the main driver of credit card carrots is to get you to sign up for the card and hopefully start using it, not paying it off in full and paying interest to the bank. The cost of said jersey is trivial compared to potential profits from this.

Was it ever established of MLSE or BMO are actually paying for the jerseys?

I think any of us in the cheap seats are being delusional to think that ML$E cares if we renew or not. They know they can always find a buyer for the lowest price level. The issue for them is the premium seats and the suites.
    Indirectly, I think they do care. People moving out of the cheap seats open up an avenue for those in the more expensive seats to move into during relocation (although I suspect they might make this more difficult to do if overall numbers are down - I don't see them giving an open path for those in the higher end seats into the lower end ones in this scenario).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People moving out of the cheap seats open up an avenue for those in the more expensive seats to move into during relocation (although I suspect they might make this more difficult to do if overall numbers are down - I don't see them giving an open path for those in the higher end seats into the lower end ones in this scenario).
    That's a big risk to take, renewing expensive tickets in hopes of getting cheaper ones.

Considering this organization, I wouldn't take that risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    You are giving this guy way too much credit. He is a graduate of Loyalist College (out of Belleville, ON), not Loyola (the American University based out of Chicago).
    a word to the wise

DO NOT stay at the hostel at loyola U in chicago, just dont do it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    That's a big risk to take, renewing expensive tickets in hopes of getting cheaper ones.

Considering this organization, I wouldn't take that risk.
    There will be a relocation event this year. They realize how busy it may be this year.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be surprised if it was anything else. Their actual cost on these will be quite low. Also, don't forget the main driver of credit card carrots is to get you to sign up for the card and hopefully start using it, not paying it off in full and paying interest to the bank. The cost of said jersey is trivial compared to potential profits from this.

This card will get used once and then be trashed. They hope I'll spend more money with them in the future. I hope our team will start winning. I think we're both deluding ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    There will be a relocation event this year. They realize how busy it may be this year.
    I wonder how easy it will be this year for people in more expensive seats to downgrade? If there is a lot of cheaper seats available, and little interest in the more expensive ones, they could look at a lot of lost revenue if they allowed a bunch of folks to downgrade with no-replacements for the expensive seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day it is up to each their own if they shall decide to renew or not and they should not take any flack for whatever route they pick. Having season tickets, attending 5 or so games a season or watching on TV shall not dictate what type of supporter you and suggest the level of interest you have in this team, especially the 11 that take the field each outing.

I for the record will be renewing, but understand where those who choose not too are coming from.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how easy it will be this year for people in more expensive seats to downgrade? If there is a lot of cheaper seats available, and little interest in the more expensive ones, they could look at a lot of lost revenue if they allowed a bunch of folks to downgrade with no-replacements for the expensive seats.
    Here is the rub, they want 25% deposit on your current seasons for you to be part of relocation.

I was planning on renewing BUT if I have to put out $450 for two tix (currently around $900/ea for season) and get there and there are no cheaper seats I am kind of stuck choosing between spending another $1350 or kissing my $450 goodbye.

I am going to take the risk, because I think that even if I can't get yellows I can get light grey. Also the order in which the allocation goes is from who has had tix longest so long term it helps to hold onto them because otherwise you go to the back of the line again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they'll drop the prices at the high end but keep the low end the same. They don't care about renewals in the yellow sections because they can always sell those seats. The waiting list is a joke unless they are offering supporter seats. Then people jump onboard. So the challenge they face is how do they keep people in the expensive seats? They drop the price to make them a little more attractive but keep the cheap seats at the current level. They could probably fill the stadium again if every seat was $20. (That may be an over statement considering what we've seen in our ticket exchange section this year but the general public doesn't really know how to access those tickets.) ML$E are doing the math on where and by how much they need to drop their prices to maintain there SSH numbers. If they lose those pre-sold tickets they're screwed. Anytime in the last two years that they had to sell tickets starting from zero we've seen that they are lucky to get the stadium half full. Of course the Rogers Centre was an exception but they also had months to promote that game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anytime in the last two years that they had to sell tickets starting from zero we've seen that they are lucky to get the stadium half full. Of course the Rogers Centre was an exception but they also had months to promote that game.
    And that game had Beckham, and Toronto treated it as "an event'" which means people were going because it seemed like a cool thing to do, much like the Jays opening day gong show each year.

I think there are many creative options the club could do with ticketing. Why not rewards opening day SSH's with the ability to move to a better section at a discounted price? This could clear up some yellow seats as people upgrade to dark grey, etc. An across the board price cut is needed to get in line with the other franchises, as are more added value incentives to being an SSH. Right now we're saving money on face value, problem is face value is ridiculously overpriced to begin with. Otherwise they are trying to win us over with a scarf.

A winning team and a return to the atmosphere of 3 years ago and all of this becomes meaningless. They could get back to doing what MLSE does best price high and make it seem like theya re doing us a favour buy letting us have seasons tix. But realistically with PM running the show, next year will see a few more wins, but no chance of playoffs yet again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/...id/704?cc=5901

Someone send this article to Anselmi and MLSE board
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ This is what I have been saying for a long time. Therefore any cachet this club has is due to us its supporters, they owes us lots of better butter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/...id/704?cc=5901

Someone send this article to Anselmi and MLSE board
    It's okay, MLSE didn't buy a club, they bought a franchise. In my utopian dreams I picture an entire league of community-owned clubs.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Rememberance Day, Winter called me to ask why I wasn't renewing. Very curious to see if Mariner will be taking part in a similar bit of marketing this year.

Anyone else get the email about TFC paying your ticketmaster fees if you buy tickets to the October/Nov (cant remember which) games? Desperate times.