View Poll Results: Are you going to renew your seats?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, why not. what the hell else am i gonna do?

71 27.31%
  • Hells no! not giving these MOFO's another penny!

113 43.46%
  • maybe... no , yes.... I'm sooo confused.

76 29.23%
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
    Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it's not even about a price reduction anymore. I can get virtually any ticket to any game, sometimes for below price, in the aftermarket. I can, but I won't. Why? Because the product is simply not something I can watch anymore. To give up entire afternoons of my life to watch this utter and complete mess with no hope in sight (Remember Uncle Paul and The Earl Himself are staying on next season) is the real price that I don't want to pay. I went to three games this year, down from EVERY HOME GAME last season. Don't see my attendance rebounding dramatically in 2013 - certainly not over some 10 or 15 percent price reduction.

I want a regime change.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I can't get over is that these smug twerps are planning to hold a season's end party to let us mix and mingle with players and coaches. Lambs to the slaughter.

No mention if FO staff will be present. I'm not going but if I did, and I saw some of the management team, I'd be tossed out within minutes. Apart from Eckersley, O'DayO, Dunfield, Morgan, maybe Lambe, I don't have a civil thing to say to them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    I want a regime change.
    Yes.
    And I just want my money's worth.
    A couple months ago a price reduction would have sufficed.
    Now, I can't justify enabling MLSE's incompetence with my $$.
    I'll be back when I see a vision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Dream or a Vision?

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    Yes.
    And I just want my money's worth.
    A couple months ago a price reduction would have sufficed.
    Now, I can't justify enabling MLSE's incompetence with my $$.
    I'll be back when I see a vision.
    This has been a BIGGER disappointment that we could have imagined.

I'm going to the final home game. The chances of being one of the 500 selections is slim.

But if I could go, speaking with and/or watching how the likes of Ecks and O'Day handled themselves or how they feel about the proverbial "next year", perhaps, could improve our dream or vision.

J&M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    This has been a BIGGER disappointment that we could have imagined.

I'm going to the final home game. The chances of being one of the 500 selections is slim.

But if I could go, speaking with and/or watching how the likes of Ecks and O'Day handled themselves or how they feel about the proverbial "next year", perhaps, could improve our dream or vision.

J&M
    Sorry Darren, spelled your name wrong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice spreadsheet nfitz....my question is similar to others, it will all be in the 'packaging'....how many games and what is included......basically I believe our next year prices are there in the spreadsheet let's say in the past........but if they just make us pay for regular season games and individually pay for everything else (insane of course but?)...or do they keep the joke of 'premium' games .....I've looked at the figures and am agast at the percent rise since inception.....lets just say the rumours I've heard I'll believe them when it's announced as all of you,...they may be substantial.......even I am extremely cautious especially after seeing the spreadsheet.....after paying close to $20 (with a tip),..pure madness,..lol,.. dollars at RUSH last night,....I'm starting to feel we are very small peas in a large pod....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I was wondering... Was TFC hoping for some positive vibes from the CanMNT qualifying for the hex before releasing 2013 season ticket info?

And about the medium gray renewal prices for 2012 -- just checked my invoice, they were in fact $646 each, got it confused with the previous year (new SSH for 2011).
    Last edited by Auzzy; 10-16-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    So, I was wondering... Was TFC hoping for some positive vibes from the CanMNT qualifying for the hex before releasing 2013 season ticket info?

And about the medium gray renewal prices for 2012 -- just checked my invoice, they were in fact $646 each, got it confused with the previous year (new SSH for 2011).
    We'll never know. It was the only potential feel good story they could hitch onto. Oops.

Maybe they'll wait to see if Vancouver makes the playoffs. Then they can try and sell us on a 'Hey TFC fan!!! Great news, it's possible for a Canadian MLS team to succeed! Secure your 2013 season ticket today!!!* Vancouver game at premium pricing'
    Last edited by Dave67; 10-16-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're expecting me to believe they even knew the CMNT was playing today?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    You're expecting me to believe they even knew the CMNT was playing today?
    Well, they put an article on their website before the game, with a picture of our supreme box-to-box midfielder, and Asif was tweeting up a storm during the game, so yeah they might have known about it.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, they put an article on their website before the game, with a picture of our supreme box-to-box midfielder, and Asif was tweeting up a storm during the game, so yeah they might have known about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if ML$E are secretly happy at the loss of CMNT, I for one was counting on 5 fixtures next year to get my football fix, and it would have been entertaining football, now all we have left is a crappy alternative, shitty hoof ball. Still not renewing!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think very few people will use TFC as a replacement for the National team fix. I wish the National team were that popular.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I think very few people will use TFC as a replacement for the National team fix. I wish the National team were that popular.
    This is totally anecdotal, but as I was leaving Friday's game, I did hear a few people discussing how if Canada advanced they would drop their TFC seasons and just watch Canada play next year.

I was pondering the same thing. Of course I still may renew with a price reduction and management change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. I guess sarcasm just doesn't translate well enough through web posting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    I guess that's the UK's answer to the Onion? Pretty good satire.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MLSE : reminding us about 1967 since 1996
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For comparison, BBC study on prices at English clubs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19984968

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Interesting. Cheapest season at BMO this year $399 (new purchase, not renewal), which works out to £252 based on todays exchange. Most expensive is $1330 or £840.

The low end prices are pretty favorable. There some teams in each division that are around the same price, but for the most part - you are looking at League 2 to Conference level pricing. On the high end, you are into EPL price ranges.

I've never put much stock into comparing our tickets prices to those overseas though, as the cost of pretty much everything is different.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Interesting. Cheapest season at BMO this year $399 (new purchase, not renewal), which works out to £252 based on todays exchange. Most expensive is $1330 or £840.

The low end prices are pretty favorable. There some teams in each division that are around the same price, but for the most part - you are looking at League 2 to Conference level pricing. On the high end, you are into EPL price ranges.

I've never put much stock into comparing our tickets prices to those overseas though, as the cost of pretty much everything is different.

Two quick points
    1. I believe our most expensive seat is in the 1600.00 range
    2. Watching TFC isn't exactly watching Arsenal or any premier league team, it's absolutely crazy that our pricing is in the same ball park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    Two quick points
    1. I believe our most expensive seat is in the 1600.00 range
    2. Watching TFC isn't exactly watching Arsenal or any premier league team, it's absolutely crazy that our pricing is in the same ball park

$435 to watch Manchester City for a season, now that's a deal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a wildly speculative theory that in the business world of MLSE, they are waiting as long as possible to see if there will be profits from the hockey branch this year before deciding what TFC prices will be.

If there's hockey, we may see a discount.
    If there's no hockey, prices remain and they'll take their chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    $435 to watch Manchester City for a season, now that's a deal!
    Is it worth a board ban to respond properly to that barn door left wide open?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say yes. Most definitely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a wildly speculative theory that in the business world of MLSE, they are waiting as long as possible to see if there will be profits from the hockey branch this year before deciding what TFC prices will be.

If there's hockey, we may see a discount.
    If there's no hockey, prices remain and they'll take their chances.
    That would be suicide because they would end up making less money then if they dropped season ticket prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well played sir. Well played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    That would be suicide because they would end up making less money then if they dropped season ticket prices.
    I see your point but one could argue 2009, 2010, 2011........... not exactly a history of being willing to try your theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Anselmi is meeting with TFC media now and seasons tickets is the agenda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, year 1 pricing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point but one could argue 2009, 2010, 2011........... not exactly a history of being willing to try your theory.
    Yeah history has something to say on this for sure, but you should remember in 2010 they did back track after renewals tanked. http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/...to-angry-fans/

They ended up giving the first game for free, freezing prices and extended the renewal deadline by a week because a whole whack of people didn't renew including myself.

This year it will be 10 times worse. This season has been the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.