Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default and so it begins (or the 'my name's Tucker, not Sucker' TFC 2013 ST renewal thread)

In the next few weeks we will be communicating the 2013 renewal process; in advance of that BMO would like to give all Toronto FC Season Seat Holders a very special offer.

By signing up for the BMO Toronto FC Master Card and using the card to renew your Season Seat account, BMO will give you the brand new 2013 Toronto FC Home Jersey for free . Be the first to have the new jersey by signing up for this great offer.

Receive the newly designed 2013 Toronto FC jersey (an approximate value of $120) when you renew your season tickets for the 2013 season using your BMO® Toronto FC MasterCard®*!1

If you don't already have a BMO Toronto FC MasterCard you can apply today at bmo.com/tfc. Once approved, you should receive your MasterCard within 10-15 business days.

Paul Beirne
    Senior Director Business Operations
    Toronto FC

1. In order to receive a certificate redeemable at Real Sports Apparel for an official 2013 Toronto FC jersey, you must renew your Toronto FC Season Ticket Account prior to Final Renewal Deadline using your BMO Toronto FC MasterCard. There is a limit of one 2013 Toronto FC jersey for each season ticket account holder renewing their season tickets. Offer subject to change without notice. ®/™ Registered trade-marks/ ®*/™* Registered trade-marks/trade-marks o f MasterCard International Incorporated. © 2012 MLS. All Major League Soccer properties used by permission. All rights reserved
    I wonder how many will fall for this ?

note - 19.9% interest rate - bwahahahahahahaha ! you'll probably spend more than $120 in interest on your ST purchase by the time you've paid it back.
    Last edited by TOBOR !; 09-07-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha, so when Montreal does it a lot of people were applauding it coupled with their price drop.

If TFC does it, then the cynical response takes over.

I don't care either way about this promotion, but the negativity here is just amazing.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember when I would have loved to have had a TFC card...
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hahaha, so when Montreal does it a lot of people were applauding it coupled with their price drop.

I don't care either way about this promotion, but the negativity here is just amazing.
    I don't get your meaning.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really wanted to, you could get the stupid credit card, purchase your STs, pay them off (or transfer the balance to a lower interest card/line of credit) and then cancel the stupid card.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saying some guys were saying that Montreal doing this exact same promotion was viewed as a good thing (by some) in the other threads.

When TFC do it, its seen as negative.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    If you really wanted to, you could get the stupid credit card, purchase your STs, pay them off (or transfer the balance to a lower interest card/line of credit) and then cancel the stupid card.
    I was thinking of doing just that, hey - free jersey.

If anyone is planning to renew of course.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it's not really about the card, though.

It's the renewal campaign.

How do we sell the prospect of watching another year of this crap to the masses ? Give away a shirt ? But that's a revenue loss of $120 per shirt. Get BMO to cover it ? How ? Tell the customers that to receive this offer they have to use a BMO Mastercard that has 20% interest ? They'll recover their costs in no time. Genius.

It's them appearing to be giving concessions whilst not really doing so.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saying some guys were saying that Montreal doing this exact same promotion was viewed as a good thing (by some) in the other threads.

Some people just want to see anything connected with TFC as negative.

Some people seem to just want TFC to fail.

And then complain about it.

On a TFC Supporters Forum.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I didn't realize they were doing the shirt thing as well, but they do have the same shirt sponsor as us, so I guess that makes sense.

This is a BMO promotion, not a TFC/IdM promotion.

Let's see what the next 'carrot' is.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    it's not really about the card, though.

It's the renewal campaign.

How do we sell the prospect of watching another year of this crap to the masses ? Give away a shirt ? But that's a revenue loss of $120 per shirt. Get BMO to cover it ? How ? Tell the customers that to receive this offer they have to use a BMO Mastercard that has 20% interest ? They'll recover their costs in no time. Genius.

It's them appearing to be giving concessions whilst not really doing so.
    I think the two things are seperate.

Montreal has the exact same promotion. Its something to do with BMO and the clubs designed to drive up the card holder presence.

I think you are reading WAY into this based off it happening with both their partners.

If you pay the balance off right away, there is no interest either, it only collects if you carry the balance.

But anyhow, whatever. I will drop it, seems very straight forward in my mind, don't like it, don't do it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Some people just want to see anything connected with TFC as negative.
    Some people seem to just want TFC to fail.
    And then complain about it.
    On a TFC Supporters Forum.
    *misses point*

Is there a thread revealing that we're all hooked up to a subconcious network and that the last 6 years have been a program-induced nightmare ?

And that all the while TFC have been winning Championships ?

Because if there is I've missed it.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't realize they were doing the shirt thing as well, but they do have the same shirt sponsor as us, so I guess that makes sense.

This is a BMO promotion, not a TFC/IdM promotion.

Let's see what the next 'carrot' is.
    Fair enough, its all good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the email was signed by the President of BMO then feedback can be directed towards him/her. However it's signed by one of our teams execs so therefore makes it seem like a TFC promotion.
    Either way, get it, buy your tickets and pay it or transfer it. Free jersey IF you are renewing isnt too bad for a start. Lets see the prices though.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Phil ; Sure, pay off the balance of the season tickets right away and come out ahead by a shirt.

This works as long as you never use the card again. How many people are likely to do that ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really care what other people said about Montreal doing it. Not relevant at all.

As for 'carrot'. My concern is that this is the carrot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could care less about this card.

But yeah I'll 'applaud' Montreal. But for their GA supporter section and dropping their STH prices. Its laughable when you hear some of the stuff coming out of ours and how some things "aren't feasible" and other BS like that.

EDIT: Especially given the state of things.
    Last edited by AL-MO; 09-07-2012 at 09:14 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Phil ; Sure, pay off the balance of the season tickets right away and come out ahead by a shirt.

This works as long as you never use the card again. How many people are likely to do that ?
    If that was your plan and you can't stick to it...

Out of curiosity, what does this card actually offer other than a one-time free jersey? Are there points associated with it? Do you get discounts on MLS merchandise?

EDIT: I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone to get this card. I won't be doing it.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you buried the lead.

The negativity isn't amazing, it's expected. That letter was signed by a guy who's been with the team since the very beginning. We've watched these guys run so many players out of town and fire a coach every season but they're still here, just as tone deaf and arrogant as always.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cancel it after?

All it takes is one letter written, or a phone call.

Or always pay the balance....then again, no interest. Anyhow, I won't go into credit card use and philosophy, but the premise that using the card is giving 20% is false unless carrying the balance.

I don't know about you guys, but when I have been renewing in the past it goes onto my CC anyway.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    I think you buried the lead.

The negativity isn't amazing, it's expected. That letter was signed by a guy who's been with the team since the very beginning. We've watched these guys run so many players out of town and fire a coach every season but they're still here, just as tone deaf and arrogant as always.
    Oh I specifically wanted to make sure my post held that information.

I get the negativity I guess, it is expected. But I also think just looking at the promotion its misplaced to a degree. I will agree that going into next year I am frustrated about the direction of things, no doubt about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*misses point*

Is there a thread revealing that we're all hooked up to a subconcious network and that the last 6 years have been a program-induced nightmare ?

And that all the while TFC have been winning Championships ?

Because if there is I've missed it.
    Bah, even if we won the Supporter's Shield and MLS Cup (I know it ain't happening anytime soon either) then the threads would be filled with complaints about a whole lot of other stuff believe me (potentially raising ticket prices for sure).

Sometimes I think there are a certain amount of people who couldn't give two shits about TFC or Football for that matter who just want to have a place to come to and continually complain about stuff because they have nothing better to do with their time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to agree. As I posted in the other thread, this is more to do with becoming a customer of BMO than a SSH with TFC. Or to put it another way, since you're a customer of both companies and they are partners, they are offering you a bonus for doing business with them.

I don't see this as a negative thing form TFC. It's a bonus for those who are BMO customers. Pricing of tickets is the high runner for me moving forward. Not a giveaway of a jersey.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if you are swayed to renew your season ticket solely based on this promotion, than you are a sucker and an idiot.

However, if you were already going to renew your tickets, than you should game this promotion and get a free jersey. You'd be crazy not to. Just make sure it's an official jersey and not some BMO promotional knock off.

I think a viable option has already been posted in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Paul Bernie. He works so hard and achieves so little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

other teams allow fans to pay over 12 months,

TFC has found a way to do this with TFC getting all the cash up front rather then waiting for payments,

TFC get the money up front and BMO gets more customers to charge 20% interest

another marketing "genius" at work

But hey, let's dangle a $2 jersey (cost) at em

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    other teams allow fans to pay over 12 months,

TFC has found a way to do this with TFC getting all the cash up front rather then waiting for payments,

TFC get the money up front and BMO gets more customers to charge 20% interest

another marketing "genius" at work

But hey, let's dangle a $2 jersey (cost) at em
    Do we really need to examine credit card interest again?

If you carry the balance, then yes it applies. If you pay it, then no, no interest.

Agreed with Ravi, if this is the promotion that sways you to renew then you are indeed a 'sucker'. However if you are renewing this is a free shirt (payed off, no interest too). A 12 month option would be nice though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    if you are swayed to renew your season ticket solely based on this promotion, than you are a sucker and an idiot.

However, if you were already going to renew your tickets, than you should game this promotion and get a free jersey. You'd be crazy not to. Just make sure it's an official jersey and not some BMO promotional knock off.

I think a viable option has already been posted in this thread.
    I got burned with this by MLSE already. I bought a Raptors mini pack that included an "official Raptors hoodie" so I assumed I was getting an Adidas hoodie that they sell in their merchandise stands. When I arrived at ACC to pick it up I found it to be some no-name brand. It was cheap quality and they only had size medium and large. The large fit like a small so I lost it on the MLSE account rep who was giving them out. He said he knows they are shoddy quality and the sizing sucks but that's what they were given. I couldn't wear one so he gave my wife the hoodie and me a t-shirt (still not Adidas). I won't fall for another MLSE giveaway thinking I am getting the same merchandise they sell at the stadium. It sounds like this one is the real jersey but it doesn't say Adidas...buyer beware...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Credit cards have "come ons" all the time. All the mileage cards do it. In this case, it's the cost of the jersey (which is a fraction of $120, probably a very small fraction)

2) I think, if there is an issue, it's that this is incredibly small beer in the context of the over SSH prices. It's possibly a signal that there will be no real concessions on price. The less you trust TFC FO, the more you would think this.

So it's partly based in reality, partly based in the existing negative perception.

Personally, I found it cynical. The "$120" bit bugs me, decent jerseys cost less than that. They need to address the real customer dissatisfaction, not pretend it doesn't exist and deal with it via window dressing.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ i meant it as a returning customer, like stated above, most will not just order the tickets and cancel.

there is your new customer for BMO at 20% interest, there are alot of so called "suckers"