Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenchen29 View Post
    I am thinking about emailing my rep and ask "what's up"
    I was thinking the same but since my rep never responds to my email I figure why bother.

I get it that they only want to hear from me when I'm giving them my credit card number at renewal time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ larson can suck on a sweaty hairy salty nut sack,

reporters have all gone to shit

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Kurt Larson on a roll right now. Calling out anyone who doesn't buy seats a non supporter.

MLSE can charge whatever they like...YOU PAY IT OR YOU'RE A SHITTY FAN.

Fuck you Kurt. Seriously, fuck you.
    And the guy has the gall to even admit on his Twitter he's not even a season ticket holder.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN @jasondevos If I was a season STH, I'd stay on to support local soccer, support development, support #CANMNT and because I enjoy the game.
    I cannot respect a guy who is calling out paying supporters when he's using his media pass to attend games.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    And the guy has the gall to even admit on his Twitter he's not even a season ticket holder.

I cannot respect a guy who is calling out paying supporters when he's using his media pass to attend games.
    This I did not know. Changes perspective significantly.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ACSertL View Post
    This I did not know. Changes perspective significantly.
    Well, I guess I don't really know if he's using his media pass. But he did say he's not a SSH and he is calling out those who are. I still thanks that's a douche move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    I've already decided not to renew this year.
    Only 2 things will change my mind:
    1) Tom Anselmi getting fired
    2) 2007 ticket prices again.
    Only 2007 prices for me. Tommy A getting removed from TFC is critical, but it remains to be seen what is done to replace him. No guarantee or even indication that MLSE are competent enough to replace him with someone that will improve things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    chances of me renewing 0%
    Me too! 0%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if TFC FO don't drop prices or do something that will make it a value to attend after this news it will be quite the drop off of SSH,

they need to match or beat the deal that montreal is offering or this will get real ugly, YOU killed the golden goose,

now we will see if they decide to run it over with the car a few more times

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess I don't really know if he's using his media pass. But he did say he's not a SSH and he is calling out those who are. I still thanks that's a douche move.
    Oh I agree with you. If he's not a season seat holder then I don't think he should be on a soapbox telling people who do have season seats what to do with their money.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt Larson on a roll right now. Calling out anyone who doesn't buy seats a non supporter.

You can sure tell who is dependent on ML$E for what they do.

Anyway, you'll be able to get a bigger discount than 15% next year, just buy on Groupon, or from some distressed SSH. I'm sure with 8-10k in the stadium, they'll be some good deals.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterix606 View Post
    Me too! 0%
    i will still go to games,because i love the game,but they will not get a penny up front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the point of contacting your rep? It just shows that you are interested to buy once again.

Let them come to you! Like -15% would even cut it!

I personally think that not renewing is the best thing I can do to help this shit franchise.
    Last edited by asterix606; 08-29-2012 at 11:48 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the point of contacting your rep? It just shows that you are interested to buy once again.

Let them come to you! Like -15% would even cut it!

I personally think that not renewing is the best thing I can do to help this shit franchise.
    It's been noted that some STH are using this opportunity to tell them what they've done wrong. But I guess you'd rather just tell us who already know about it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You can sure tell who is dependent on ML$E for what they do.

Anyway, you'll be able to get a bigger discount than 15% next year, just buy on Groupon, or from some distressed SSH. I'm sure with 8-10k in the stadium, they'll be some good deals.
    Indeed.

I'm going to be that arse waving a $5 in SSH's faces on gameday when they got tickets to burn. Much like I've suffered through all season. No offence to those arse's though, looking forward to joining your ranks.

Can't believe I shelled out $1,300. I'm a retard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same here

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Their "new" ticket holder price is $200+ (per ticket) less than my renewal price last year...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Only 2007 prices for me. Tommy A getting removed from TFC is critical, but it remains to be seen what is done to replace him. No guarantee or even indication that MLSE are competent enough to replace him with someone that will improve things.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    same here
    For those that weren't around that means $10 per ticket x 18 home matches = $180

Half price pretty much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    It's been noted that some STH are using this opportunity to tell them what they've done wrong. But I guess you'd rather just tell us who already know about it.
    What are you talking about! Like the reps (MLSE) do not already know what they have done wrong! Come on!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked current ST prices at TFC and it strikes me that the club needs to imagine starting at day 1.
    Ie - if we had a clean slate, and knowing what we know now, how do we price this?
    I'm in 115 so I know that at the pricepoint in the Supporters's sections, the club gives not a flying fuck whether I renew or not as the relocation process will ensure that the south stand remains strong in terms of numbers.

However, STs relocating from the more expensive sections signify a major hit to the bottom line.

The dark grey/red sections are $988-$1330 - ie up to $70 a seat per match if you just use the 19 home MLS matches (let's ignore the 2 cup games here which are really "bonuses" in the sense of a ST.

At the Town Halls 2 years ago, I recall Tommy A visibly paling as one of our number stood up and announced that his 6 seats in 123 would no longer be renewed. This had a far greater effect on him than us, the great unwashed at the south end, voicing our many concerns with the state of the club- and it's got even worse since).

I cannot imagine close to 50% of current STHs in the $900 + bracket even considering renewing at that pricepoint.

My suggestions
    MLSE needs to lower the higher end tickets so that no season ticket is higher than $800 ($42/ MLS match)
    Include the Amway Canadian Championship and CCL matches for free (if we qualify for CCL). They will make up the money at concessions with crowds greater than the 5k hardy souls who showed up 2 weeks back for CD Aguila.
    Stop hiking the prices on the now farce of a ticket exchange. When is the last time any of us needed to pay those prices rather than offload from a mate?
    Quit the 'premium match' pricing. There is no premium match. It's the friggin MLS, you idiots.
    Lower the ST costs for the cheaper areas of the stadium to 2008 or 2009 prices

Rant over. I want my TFC back

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you talking about! Like the reps (MLSE) do not already know what they have done wrong! Come on!!
    Wow. So you're giving them credit? They know what they've done? You know they aren't setting the prices they are required to sell at, riiiiiiiiiight?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, with that logic, seeing as how i don't know my seasons tickets (i split it with parky), and that i can't afford tickets elsewhere, i guess i'll just sell my shit and stop supporting the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this weird considering DeBo loves signing cheques.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the entire organization is in need of a complete reboot under new ownership, and that includes the pricing structure across the board.

However, even if the new FO is prudent enough to discount all STH prices to 2007 levels and relieve Anselmi of his duties, the STH renewals will still drop susbtantially, albeit not to the same extent in the event that the status quo remains.

It will take an overhaul of the FO, 2007 ticket pricing, and at least a few consecutive winning seasons to reinvigorate the fan base in this city after everything we've been subjected to during the last six years.

Bell and Rogers certainly have their work cut out for them.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 08-30-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have more wins then us. But we have atmosphere. Atmosphere is priceless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I agree that the entire organization is in need of a complete reboot under new ownership, and that includes the pricing structure across the board.

However, even if the new FO is prudent enough to discount all STH prices to 2007 levels and relieve Anselmi of his duties, the STH renewals will still drop susbtantially, albeit not to the same extent if the status quo remains.

It will take an overhaul of the FO, 2007 ticket pricing, and at least a few consecutive winning seasons to reinvigorate the fan base in this city after everything we've been subjected to during the last six years.

Bell and Rogers certainly have their work cut out for them.

I am not sure, I gave up my seasons after season 4. I would love to be given a reason to get seasons back for season 7, and for me it is not price it is direction/quality. You show me something, to give me real hope. I am back in. I am sure many feel like me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, the atmosphere has been seriously diminished over the past 6 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had seasons since year 1 and I am one of the suckers paying over $900 each for 2 dark greys in 224. Not even a 15% reduction will get me to renew this year. I am going to use some of the money I will save and go to more Canadian National team games (men & women).

If I feel up to going to a TFC game it will be on a game to game basis and just get cheap tickets on the day or just before.

Any slim chance of renewal will need a MAJOR incentive, not just financial...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for Montreal.

If MLSE had any kind of spine this is what they would have offered after the Town Hall meetings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is total scum. I have zero respect for him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal giving 15% cut plus the 10% loyalty discount for renewing is very good. Trying to find out what our discount was percentage-wise for renewing vs new seasons ticket holder pricing but I can't find an old pricing chart from last year anywhere. Price freeze won't cut it for me this year if that is all they offer and I bet I will still be at most games next year with a discount like many others are doing this year. It is the only way for them to learn and start scrambling.