View Poll Results: Should TFC fans adopt the black cat as a symbol of futility like the Aints Paperbags?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 90.00%
  • No

5 7.14%
  • Maybe

2 2.86%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frings22 View Post
    I'm almost 0 sure that the cat is sadly dead. A fucking retarded security guard stomped on the cat's stomach before it left through the other exit. I'm sure it didn't survive a stomp on it chest from a big fat piece of shit security guard. That asshole should be fined.
    I don't know what's more laughable. The ridiculous premise that a security guard in a crowded stadium filled with over ten thousand people would choose to commit a completely random act of violence toward a cat, or the fact that a few people seem to believe this story.

Seriously? The guy's had 25 prior posts but we're going to lodge complaints based on this story?
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I don't know what's more laughable. The ridiculous premise that a security guard in a crowded stadium filled with over ten thousand people would choose to commit a completely random act of violence toward a cat, or the fact that a few people seem to believe this story.

Seriously? The guy's had 25 prior posts but we're going to lodge complaints based on this story?
    Seriously. His story was found to be untrue or what he saw was misconstrued. People actually got to the bottom of it instead of a 100 pg bitchfest about nothing. I'm ok with this.

Frings22 may want to add to his story, though or his credibility may look porous.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gcolacci View Post
    This was pretty killer. in regards to the stomping.lol

https://twitter.com/BMOcat/status/241527491716583425
    He is one tough Cat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're saying that because you have almost 7,000 posts that you're more credible than me? I kind of get that but as you can see, I just joined the forums.. Not my problem if you don't believe me, I know what I saw and my friend knows what he saw. If you think that people having a heart and believing someone about animal cruelty is laughable just because said poster has only 25 posts then you sure need to get checked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't doubt that there might have been a stomp or that a security team would lie about a cat getting away because it would save someone's job.

IMO, the most likely thing that happened is that the cat was captured in some way and it was thrown over a fence and it ran away regardless of its injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm not saying he field goal kicked the cat... maybe he just got the tail but thank you for having some common sense and not thinking like Cashcleaner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to get into an argument with you but I'm glad I sent that email to the THS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frings22 View Post
    So you're saying that because you have almost 7,000 posts that you're more credible than me? I kind of get that but as you can see, I just joined the forums.. Not my problem if you don't believe me, I know what I saw and my friend knows what he saw. If you think that people having a heart and believing someone about animal cruelty is laughable just because said poster has only 25 posts then you sure need to get checked out.
    I'm making no such comparison at all. The fact is that the story makes no sense at all, and these boards have fallen for similar stunts in the past. Again, are we really to believe that a security guard is going to commit a rather violent crime surrounded by so many witnesses for absolutely no reason? Is this guy a serial cat-stomper? Did he have a bet with a friend to see how many cats he could stomp on that day and just got really lucky when one showed up at work?

But of course what really damages your account is the fact that both TFC and the Toronto Humane Society pretty much say the exact opposite of what you are contending.

Thank you for contacting the Toronto Humane Society. We have been in contact with TFC and have confirmed that the cat in question is healthy and doing fine. The incident described on the fan message boards did not occur. At no time was the cat stomped on nor was it injured in anyway. We greatly appreciate your concern for our four legged friends and thank you for reaching out to us.

Regards,

Barbara Steinhoff
    (THS)
    Our security and stadium managers have investigated this story and have found no evidence of it whatsoever. It seems the cat simply got away. Our common practice when we find stray animals is to secure them safely and take them to the nearby shelter you've mentioned. We are actively looking for the cat to do just that, however with CNE ongoing it's difficult. Our stadium staff found a kitten two weeks ago that may be related. They carried it to the shelter with great care. - Toronto FC (Asif Hussein)
    Now is usually the part where a reasonable person would apologize for making an accusation of animal cruelty against the security guard in question. My issue isn't so much that people are concerned about the welfare of a defenseless animal. It's the kneejerk mob mentality that gets us riled up over a matter that can be easily clarified with a single email or telephone call.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 08-31-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm making no such comparison at all. The fact is that the story makes no sense at all, and these boards have fallen for similar stunts in the past. Again, are we really to believe that a security guard is going to commit a rather violent crime surrounded by so many witnesses for absolutely no reason? Is this guy a serial cat-stomper? Did he have a bet with a friend to see how many cats he could stomp on that day and just got really lucky when one showed up at work?

But of course what really damages your account is the fact that both TFC and the Toronto Humane Society pretty much say the exact opposite of what you are contending.

"Similar stunts"? Care to elaborate?

Now is usually the part where a reasonable person would apologize for making an accusation of animal cruelty against the security guard in question.
    Why should I apologize for something that *Oh I know how to use bold font too* BOTH MY FRIEND AND I SAW.

"Is this guy a serial cat-stomper? Did he have a bet with a friend to see how many cats he could stomp on that day and just got really lucky when one showed up at work?"
    You're too funny, I can't stop laughing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I for one am not going to call you out as some kind of liar, I believe that you reported what you really think you saw, and no-one should doubt that. I also am very familiar with the Toronto Humane Society, they are passionate about what they do and would thoroughly investigate any situation. They are in no way beholden to ML$E, and are militant about animal welfare. So you can relax, you reported that you asked " did he stomp the cat? " The real answer is no, but you couldn't have known that in the confusion of the moment. I'm just glad it was checked into and you were totally right to bring it up.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-31-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got no problem with investigating what you thought was an act of animal cruelty, and reporting it to THS. But in the future, I suggest being more than "almost sure" (your words) you saw what you saw, before hurling a bunch of insults and invective like you did in your first post.

Anyway, the cat is fine, the THS turned up no evidence of wrongdoing. Non-issue.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone should call Bubbles to straighten the guard out.

TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Someone should call Bubbles to straighten the guard out.

Might've been the famous Shit Rock.

Bubbles has been missing that guy since season 3.

<a href="http://youtu.be/go09bDsLZtM" target="_blank">
    Last edited by Gazza; 08-31-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is dedicated to Frings22. Your efforts were not lost on this beautiful bastard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread is just like so many others on these boards.

Somebody makes a claim, or a statement, which they are ulitmately unable to prove with anything other than conviction and rather than leave it at that, what follows is a form of persecution.

There`s a pile-on, as folks with previously nothing to say in the thread appear to denounce the poster`s claims.

Is there really anything to see here ?

Come on people. Move on.
    Last edited by TOBOR !; 09-01-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    the cat just brought away all our bad luck, lol, how the fuck did it get in the stadium?
    lol have u ever been to BMO before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I'm just waiting for the day when some douche player from Columbus gets mauled by a Grizzly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already miss talking about this cat.

I dont know if he was a fad or not. He wasnt here long enough I guess. Just to remind everyone, here's some photos of what happened for posterity:

1:

2:

3:

Its just begging to get more embarrassing for 2013.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back the CAT.

Tifo at the next game?