Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm baffled by the recent talk of Hall starting instead of Kocic vs Santos......doesn't make sense

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    and in other countries, if supporters were being fed shit sandwiches for 6 years straight they'd be ready to burn the motherf'er down instead of saying "give them some time".........just saying.........
    In nearly any other league in the world TFC would have been relegated 6 straight years and would be playing in a sunday pub league with 6 people and a dog watching the games. Unfortunately, this is the MLS and we kind of have to suck it all up! If TFC fail this season - what's the result? Oh yeah, playing in the same league again! And as there are NO other options to see live football in Toronto (at pro level) then TFC have a total monopoly on the market

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    In nearly any other league in the world TFC would have been relegated 6 straight years and would be playing in a sunday pub league with 6 people and a dog watching the games. Unfortunately, this is the MLS and we kind of have to suck it all up! If TFC fail this season - what's the result? Oh yeah, playing in the same league again! And as there are NO other options to see live football in Toronto (at pro level) then TFC have a total monopoly on the market

what does that even mean??........so you're saying that the fact that there's no relegation is reason enough for us to just grin and bear it?.........for what......the hope that one season we will fall ass backwards into the playoffs?......not with this bunch of clowns running the team........

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys. This is the game thread. Let's keep it on topic please.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing should baffle us. Even a 10 - 0 TFC win!!!! hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We definitely need to win this one. We're not likely to pick up points on the road against Santos, so this may come down to us winning this one - and then the winner of the group is decided on goal score.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    these are good points , however if we really digressed for an extended time period , is there a chance we become the montreal expos?....because unlike the leafs many soccer fans are unlikely to return if exposed to too much mediocrity. Now the question is would the league support us , financially if we lost the majority of fans on a consistent basis. IF I ever leave , (I feel the fool for still being around) ,.I'd never return., as I with the leafs and never watch them now , turning down tickets and am totally disinterested in hockey...although I play. It is a shame we couldn't be regulated down. I'd probably enjoy watching fresh youthful faces , as I do now at the academy. "sorry bout the off topic"..........there's not much to talk about without being negative excepting a top notch team is coming in..and I'm really looking forward to it ,....however the ONLY question is will they play their stars, here's hoping , because TFC watching is UNFORTUNATELY like that now , for excitement it is now down to watching other teams top players skills.......and I'm being realistic ,....I mean with Peralta,..Lugo,..Gomez these guys are world class players ...Peralta simply won Mexico it's gold medal.....so bring them on.........win or lose here's hoping we see some hard playing excitement and high level skills on display.....
    Last edited by jazzy; 08-27-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody know if Santos made it into town today? Didn't fly through Miami did they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict 1-1. Every time a good Mexican team comes to BMO we predict we will get whipped, and we end up doing well.

We were a crappy team under Preki when we got a result. We were a crappy team under Winter when we got a result. Yes - in these cases the style we attempted to play did match up better than our current one does, but it's not like we were particularity competent especially at Winters style.

That said - I don't think Santos will underestimate us. We gave them two games last year - and we are not an unknown quantity to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://msn.mediotiempo.com/futbol/me...os-tres-puntos

Seems like Santos is going to take this seriously. They are only coming for 3 points. Also from the picture it seems like it's the A-team. Should be good.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody know if Santos made it into town today? Didn't fly through Miami did they?
    They sure did. They were doing their usual shopping stop at Victoria's Secret at the Eaton Centre tonight.
    That's all I'll say about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EASY TERRY! He gets one for sure tomorrow. Goal I mean, not red card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    They sure did. They were doing their usual shopping stop at Victoria's Secret at the Eaton Centre tonight.
    I have seen three SL players shopping at Bloor/Bay at around 5pm today.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a make-or-break game. Win and we have a chance to progress to the quarterfinal, lose or tie and we're out of the tournament. Last edition of the CCL aside, this is the most important game of the year. I'm not expecting a large crowd but I sincerely hope that those that are in attendance are willing to give it their all tomorrow night. We have nothing left to play for this season, might as well leave everything in the stands for this one.

By this time tomorrow Mr. Mariner will either be a hero or a man who deserves to have his walking papers handed to him. Let's hope it's the aforementioned.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I saw the green jumpsuits at the TEC after work yesterday. They seemed in shopping heaven. Hurry up, kickoff...

Ready yourselves for the diving event

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FIAF View Post
    http://msn.mediotiempo.com/futbol/me...os-tres-puntos

Seems like Santos is going to take this seriously. They are only coming for 3 points. Also from the picture it seems like it's the A-team. Should be good.
    Sounds like they are quite serious this time. Usually they send a mix of A and B players to Canada (often they have important matches in Mexico in close proximity to the date), but this time seems different. It will be a challenge, for sure.

I can't attend due to a schedule conflict, but hopefully will catch the second half when I get home. Give it your best, boys! This is the only game that counts this year, so far.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One distinct difference from last time...no Hercules Gomez trash talking us. I was looking forward to that. Oh well...

I am going to the game now when I thought I wasn't before so you can add my 4 tickets to what...the other 7000 maybe. I hope I am wrong and we get a good pro-TFC crowd. I don't feel like a Santos home game tonight. Let's go boys!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gettin fuckin excited for this boyos!!

2-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    One distinct difference from last time...no Hercules Gomez trash talking us. I was looking forward to that. Oh well...

I am going to the game now when I thought I wasn't before so you can add my 4 tickets to what...the other 7000 maybe. I hope I am wrong and we get a good pro-TFC crowd. I don't feel like a Santos home game tonight. Let's go boys!!!
    Herculez and Kurt Larson had a bit of a twitter thing going yesterday. Kurt told him he should read his column in today's Sun, Herculez said "nah, I'll pass." Great response. I like Herculez.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too saw several members of the Santos Laguna team shopping at the Eaton Centre yesterday.
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all depends on those vital groupon sales........

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

Ready yourselves for the diving event

I have it on good authority the the Mexican men's synchro diving olympic silver medalists will be suiting up for Santos tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless Kocic is concealing an injury, there is no excuse for starting Hall, regardless of contractual implications.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skimmed through the tread and couldn't faind any answers...is O'Dea ok to play or not? He experience play in big stage games would be an asset tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdcfan18 View Post
    Skimmed through the tread and couldn't find any answers...is O'Dea ok to play or not? He experience play in big stage games would be an asset tonight.
    Based on Facebook comments from yesterday, he will play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they beat us I hope it's thru great play with their top players.....btw hate Gomez but sure he'll score,....unless Morgan is shadowing him...cause he loves the kick and chase...he's always behind the D,.....as this could be the last enjoyable game of the season Sl play Lugo, Perlalta....and no diving...save it for when you're behind in Mexico
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Im hearing that Freddy Hall is starting. thats a damn shame in my opinoon. Kocic should be covering that net in tonights game.

Sidenote I have a ticket in 112 for 19 bucks. can do emt or meet at joes.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Unless Kocic is concealing an injury, there is no excuse for starting Hall, regardless of contractual implications.
    I wonder what the full story is with this so called contract dispute. Is Mariner not playing Kocic because of it? or is Kocic saying he won't play because of it?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    I wonder what the full story is with this so called contract dispute. Is Mariner not playing Kocic because of it? or is Kocic saying he won't play because of it?
    Yeah I am wondering about the full story too...Mariner also saying that Kocic needs a mental break from games and he has other personal stuff going on which could also be code for "we are having contract issues" for all we know but it could be true too. Problem is players like Attakora had alot of "personal stuff" going on according to the coach interviews then he was let go. I really like Kocic and hope that doesn't happen. He definitely should be starting tonight IMO but I would love to see a fantastic performance by Hall though too if he has it in him to give us a little confidence going forward.

A few hours til I get on the GO train for this. Getting PUMPED !!! Yeahhhh Booooy! Cold Medina!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)