Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually thought TFC played fairly well! Kept it close, had some good possession in parts actually.

Let's face it realiastically - hardly any MLS team is going to be Laguna in two legs - not even Kansas or RSL on their best day would beat Laguna consistently. So, we really had no chance of getting through this round of the CCL. If we had drawn this game, "at least" would have something to look forward to for the end of the season (only to be thrashed off the park in the away game in Mexico). So, this game was ONLY about hope, nothing more than that.

I would definitely take some positives. I thought TFC pressured well high up the field on occassions tonight, and kept Laguna on their toes. There was a bit more hustle going forward so that Laguna couldn't pass the ball freely between their defenders so much. I thought Weideman looked ok tonight, probably our best player actually! Excellent work to create the chance for Amerikwa. Talking of which, I think Amerikwa continues to vastly improve every game. Jeremy Hall still needs some work, but at least his long throws create problems going forward.

This was never going to end well anyways. The hope is gone - but we wouldn't have beaten them in Mexico (and I don't think we will). So, it would be false hope anyway. Onwards to try and move up the league table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PM" that was the best half we played all season,dunny and weedman were fantastic"and "i need a new pair of glasses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter was undermined by his better english speaking staff. He wasnt perfect but he had the knowledge to teach this team how to play football.

Like I said! this would be a debacle and now it has come to pass.

Mariner is the worst coach tactically and technically we've ever had.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FIAF View Post
    What sucks is we don't actually have a chance like last year. Thanks to the new pro-USA and $$$ format from Concarupt.
    tell me about it! the drawing system for the new CCL format is practically legalized rigging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Although TFC was poised to salvage a draw in the dying minutes, the questionable decision to start Freddy and Jeremy Hall ahead of Kocic and Henry ultimately came back to bite us in the ass. There goes the the last remnant of hope for this season. Sigh.
    As opposed to getting bitten in the ass with letting in a goal when Kocic and Henry are on???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought there were actually some positives in this game.

Freddy Hall played well. Could have had the first goal but would have taken a pretty big save to get it. Made some really good stops but I don't see the distribution that is supposed to be significantly better than Kocic.

Wiedemans, Frings, Morgan, Silva and even Dunfield all played well.

RJ was invisible.

O'Dea was okay.

Eckersley was okay.

Amerikwa stinks LOL

Meh...the tie would have been nice but it is what it is with this team.

On to next season I guess.

If I go to another game this year I'm bringing Mariner a brand new pair of Clark Kent glasses. LOL

Shorts, cleats, running around like a lunatic AND broken black rimmed glasses. It's almost too comical to actually laugh at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh gone are the days when CBC and Rogers fought for these games.
    Now they bring in an American feed to broadcast our home games - another testament to how colossally MLSE fucked things up with TFC!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    PM" that was the best half we played all season,dunny and weedman were fantastic"and "i need a new pair of glasses.
    He certainly does, plus he needs a clue..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 good things about tonights game,i didnt pay a penny to watch and dobson and forrest did not do the play by play,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wesvahr View Post
    Would love to hear from the perspective of a Santos player what they think about the TFC they played against in March and the team that they faced tonight.

I am willing to bet they would say it was like playing two completely different teams in a 5 month span, and that they were much more threatened by the team from March.
    Completely agree.

Winter's team threatened their open style way more.

TFC played in Santos' class. Quick breaks and crisp passing.

This time. Not so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Winter was undermined by his better english speaking staff. He wasnt perfect but he had the knowledge to teach this team how to play football.

Yes and double yes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! I cant believe so many people showed up for this game! Wasting their money and time. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty empty but its still lots of money burned for nothing.

Just took a look at MLS standings.
    Last edited by Wagner; 08-28-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Left the opinion, pulled the trolling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    Your bang on with your assessment..

I know I'm going to get shit on for saying this but I'm kind of glad TFC will not make it out of the group stage.. For the simple reason I don't want any type of credit given to this management team when bell/Rogers takes over. I don't want them to be able to save their jobs by say 'well we tied Liverpool and beat out Santos, so we must be headed in the right direction.' I want to see PM and ABC on the next flight out of town.. Let's start new with fresh faces and fresh ideas because it's quite obvious that this management team has lost the plot...
    I can sign onto this.

This is the silver lining in the first 6 years of fuckery.

Now we can hire a management team consisting of baboons, and reasonably expect better results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I thought there were actually some positives in this game.

Freddy Hall played well. Could have had the first goal but would have taken a pretty big save to get it. Made some really good stops but I don't see the distribution that is supposed to be significantly better than Kocic.

Wiedemans, Frings, Morgan, Silva and even Dunfield all played well.

RJ was invisible.

O'Dea was okay.

Eckersley was okay.

Amerikwa stinks LOL

Meh...the tie would have been nice but it is what it is with this team.

On to next season I guess.

If I go to another game this year I'm bringing Mariner a brand new pair of Clark Kent glasses. LOL

Shorts, cleats, running around like a lunatic AND broken black rimmed glasses. It's almost too comical to actually laugh at.
    at this rate the games may be on the comedy network next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    As opposed to getting bitten in the ass with letting in a goal when Kocic and Henry are on???
    Kocic is a better reflex keeper than F. Hall in close, and he's had a penchant for making tremendous saves late in matches to preserve a result. Henry is a quicker defender than J. Hall and is more adept at tight marking, which is crucial against South American opponents.

Tactically, there's no guarantee that we would have faired any better with a different starting lineup. That being said, I don't think Mariner played our best available starting lineup in the most crucial match of the season.

As for those stating that a draw probably wouldn't have been a good enough result tonight, I agree, but at least we would have had a sliver of hope going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    I can sign onto this.

This is the silver lining in the first 6 years of fuckery.

Now we can hire a management team consisting of baboons, and reasonably expect better results.
    Well we have a baffoon on the sidelines, so a baboon must be a step in the right direction.. Lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Kocic is a better reflex keeper than F. Hall in close, and he's had a penchant for making tremendous saves late in matches to preserve a result. Henry is a quicker defender than J. Hall and is more adept at tight marking, which is crucial against South American opponents.

Tactically, there's no guarantee that we would have faired any better with a different starting lineup. That being said, I don't think Mariner played our best available starting lineup in the most crucial match of the season.

As for those stating that a draw probably wouldn't have been a good enough result tonight, I agree, but at least we would have had a sliver of hope going forward.
    Yeah exactly, this game was only about hope. It was about having something to look foward to at the end of the season (even it if ended up in a loss eventually in Mexico). Those who thought we could win this game handsomly need a reality check, that was never going to happen! A draw would have at least given a "sliver" of hope between now and October for this season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was impressed with the play of Freddy Hall. Not saying he is a number 1 but his play was the highlight for me.

When you are outshot 15-7 it is hard to expect the result. I genuinely feel for these guys.

Hassli getting subbed at 45' in the biggest game of the year sure makes it worthwhile giving up that 1st round Superdraft pick, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I actually thought TFC played fairly well! Kept it close, had some good possession in parts actually.

Let's face it realiastically - hardly any MLS team is going to be Laguna in two legs - not even Kansas or RSL on their best day would beat Laguna consistently. So, we really had no chance of getting through this round of the CCL. If we had drawn this game, "at least" would have something to look forward to for the end of the season (only to be thrashed off the park in the away game in Mexico). So, this game was ONLY about hope, nothing more than that.

I would definitely take some positives. I thought TFC pressured well high up the field on occassions tonight, and kept Laguna on their toes. There was a bit more hustle going forward so that Laguna couldn't pass the ball freely between their defenders so much. I thought Weideman looked ok tonight, probably our best player actually! Excellent work to create the chance for Amerikwa. Talking of which, I think Amerikwa continues to vastly improve every game. Jeremy Hall still needs some work, but at least his long throws create problems going forward.

This was never going to end well anyways. The hope is gone - but we wouldn't have beaten them in Mexico (and I don't think we will). So, it would be false hope anyway. Onwards to try and move up the league table.

No offence T-Boy.

But this is rose coloured glasses to the very extreme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I was impressed with the play of Freddy Hall. Not saying he is a number 1 but his play was the highlight for me.

When you are outshot 15-7 it is hard to expect the result. I genuinely feel for these guys.

Hassli getting subbed at 45' in the biggest game of the year sure makes it worthwhile giving up that 1st round Superdraft pick, eh?
    Did he come off because of an injury? Seriously why on earth are we taking off our only legit striker? He must have been injured, maybe his ankle took a knock from that challenge in the 1st half..
    Last edited by DaBandit; 08-28-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post

In my opinion that is a bit overstated.

I preferred Winter, and his style. But in my opinion it's all the same really. A team needs to identify what it wants to do and stick with it. Not switch back and forth from each style (including over 130 players and 7 coaches in 6 years) and expect everyone to fall in line and perform.

Schizophrenia is TFC's nemisis! Brought to you by ML$E!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Goal leaders 2012-2013

#7 Alan Gordon, 11 goals
    #15 Danny Koevermans 9 goals
    #17 Maicon Santos 7 goals
    #20 Dwayne DeRosario 6 goals
    #30 Ryan Johnston 5 goals
    #57 Luis Silva 4 goals

Our three departed players have scored 24 goals combined. TFC has 29 all season!!

MLS Assist leaders 2012-2013

#3 Dwayne DeRosario 11 assists
    Last edited by asterix606; 08-28-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Somewhere, in a basement apartment in Ohio, Bill Archer is smiling.
    Yeah, but once his mom gets off her knees, he'll still be the biggest cocksucker in the room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    Did he come off because of an injury? Seriously why on earth are we taking off our only legit striker? He must have been injured, maybe his ankle took a knock from that challenge in the 1st half..
    Honestly, I'm not sure what was wrong with Hassli, but he wasn't hustling in my opinion. The substitution was the right call. We got way more out of Amerikwa in the attacking half then Hassli.

Hassli had to have had a knock or injury. At least I hope that's the reason why he wasn't fighting for every ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post

Good grief. That's all I can say to this sunshiny garbage. Seriously, is the front office sending you a fucking cheque, man? In case you missed it, we at least got a tie out of them the last time they were here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offence T-Boy.

But this is rose coloured glasses to the very extreme.
    a broken pair to boot..

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...ended up missing the game in the end, no loss.

I am totally not surprised to see this result, I never thought that PM's hoofball could manage against a technically superior team, home or away.

T-Boy, you need to judge by the results, not by feelings that the team "did well." The score doesn't lie. Mariner is crap.

/SEASON
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-28-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterix606 View Post
    MLS Goal leaders 2012-2013

#7 Alan Gordon, 11 goals
    #15 Danny Koevermans 9 goals
    #17 Maicon Santos 7 goals
    #20 Dwayne DeRosario 6 goals
    #30 Ryan Johnston 5 goals
    #57 Luis Silva 4 goals

Our three departed players have scored 24 goals combined. TFC has 29 all season!!

MLS Assist leaders 2012-2013

#3 Dwayne DeRosario 11 assists

Moving Gordon was fucking stupid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I'm not sure what was wrong with Hassli, but he wasn't hustling in my opinion. The substitution was the right call. We got way more out of Amerikwa in the attacking half then Hassli.

Hassli had to have had a knock or injury. At least I hope that's the reason why he wasn't fighting for every ball.
    Sorry bud, but I disagree with this.. As I stated early he got no service what so ever in the 1st half, other then long balls out of our own end. I thought he held up the ball nicely a few times but it takes forever for our guys to show for the ball when he did because they are all pinned back in our 3rd of the field. A player can only hold up the ball for so long. He had some nice touches and was linking well with silva a few times. My point is that when you have a guy with hassli's skill level you don't take him out in the biggest game of the year for an MLS reject unless of course he is injured. As Pookie mentioned we gave up a 1st round pick for this guy, basically because we wanted to salvage something out of this season. The season was tonight and we subbed him out after 45 mins, we have all seen that he doesn't need to have a great game to make a big impact on a game (ex. Game against us in vancouver with that wonder strike).. I say we should have rolled with him for the entire game unless of course he was injured. Saying that Amerikwa did score but that was on the goalie more than anything and I'm pretty sure hassli would have buried that chance he put of the post with basically an empty net.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oddly enough, he won't think of this as an insult (Archer)