Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC in-season player movement general discussion/rumours/speculation thread

After polling our members, we are moving to a "one thread per player" method for discussing confirmed or highly likely player movements. General discussion, rumours without sources, and speculation can go in this thread. Feel free to discuss our roster here.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd like to also note in addition to OT's comments, one thread per highly likely player movements IS NOT free reign to post things like "i heard from a friend who spoke with ______ who said he was interested in coming here.."

postings of the sort will result in your immediate rocket propelled ejection into the sun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ At the risk of speeding up my expulsion to the sun......So what was up with all these Emile Heskie to TFC rumours that were bouncing all over EPL website over the weekend?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ^ At the risk of speeding up my expulsion to the sun......So what was up with all these Emile Heskie to TFC rumours that were bouncing all over EPL website over the weekend?
    It was started by a brand new rumour site, tweeter = unreliable or troll/joke.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I think there should be some judgement here. If reputable (or semi-reputable) sources are reporting rumors like the Heskey situation, then I think threads should be allowed. If they are not, people will just talk about it in another thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a suggestion - another forum I'm on has two different "transfer" threads. One is "Transfers - News ONLY (No discussion)", and the other is "Transfer gossip/rumours/discussion".

Would separating the two threads work here also? Mods can then move all non NEWS (rumours gossip etc) to the discussion thread, and keep the news thread tidy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I like T-boys suggestion. I personally like hearing the gossip as well as the legit dealings. And some of the legit transfers have been broken here first through inside info.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Just a suggestion - another forum I'm on has two different "transfer" threads. One is "Transfers - News ONLY (No discussion)", and the other is "Transfer gossip/rumours/discussion".

Would separating the two threads work here also? Mods can then move all non NEWS (rumours gossip etc) to the discussion thread, and keep the news thread tidy.
    The mod team discussed it a while back. The only way to keep it clean would be to have it moderator posting only... and I think that denime (who handles the news) has enough work as it is. If you look at the daily news, he always puts in actual transfer news that comes from media sources. Anything from reliable inside sources will now have its own thread. Any other stuff/rumours/wish lists should be posted in this miscellaneous thread.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-20-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Actually, this thread is exactly the place to discuss unproven rumours of the sort.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i'd like to also note in addition to OT's comments, one thread per highly likely player movements IS NOT free reign to post things like "i heard from a friend who spoke with ______ who said he was interested in coming here.."

postings of the sort will result in your immediate rocket propelled ejection into the sun.
    But what if (say) I work at a downtown hotel (which I don't) and I see a couple of rival MLS execs milling about the lobby (which I didn't) and I surmised that this must mean that player X (at the time out of favour with said rival MLS club) might be on his way here ?

Could I post this *COUGH*Eric Hassli*COUGH* ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    But what if (say) I work at a downtown hotel (which I don't) and I see a couple of rival MLS execs milling about the lobby (which I didn't) and I surmised that this must mean that player X (at the time out of favour with said rival MLS club) might be on his way here ?

Could I post this *COUGH*Eric Hassli*COUGH* ?
    If your scanners caught them yourself, robot, absolutely. Now if it was your bf the hoteler that told you about it...not so much.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    If your scanners caught them yourself, robot, absolutely. Now if it was your bf the hoteler that told you about it...not so much.
    Ah, I see the subtle difference.

On the one hand we have a flimsy, gossamer-like theory, while on the other we have someone else's flimsy, gossamer like theory.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I see the subtle difference.

On the one hand we have a flimsy, gossamer-like theory, while on the other we have someone else's flimsy, gossamer like theory.
    i'm thinking legit in one thread; speculation in this one.
    if someone would like to step up and make a thread based on a sighting, they're free to do so if they understand the consequences of being wrong. lest we forget, we've dragged journalists covering the team through the mud for the exact same thing. here i reckon they'd just get negative rep, thread closure, cries of bullshit and lest we forget.. ejection into the sun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the Ascenso MX salaries like? we should be looking at the young Mexican players who don't quite make Liga MX youth squads.

EDIT: Diego Forlan while we're at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am hoping Maurice Edu, Carlos Bocanegra, or even Clint Dempsey decides to return to the MLS and we can sign them via Allocation, because we would have a 1st pick overall, plus be 1st overall in allocation ranking for next year, just crossing my fingers the opportunity arises

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I am hoping Maurice Edu, Carlos Bocanegra, or even Clint Dempsey decides to return to the MLS and we can sign them via Allocation, because we would have a 1st pick overall, plus be 1st overall in allocation ranking for next year, just crossing my fingers the opportunity arises
    Maurice Edu = Stoke City(done deal)

Carlos Bocanegra = Eintracht Frankfurt (Rumour)

Clint Dempsey = Tottenham or Sunderland(Rumour)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Del Piero and Gattuso's on the free agent list, but maybe there're too old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    Del Piero and Gattuso's on the free agent list, but maybe there're too old
    Gennaro Gattuso was signed by FC Sion in Switzerland I believe along with Kyle Lafferty. Gattuso was even awarded the armband at the club I think.
    As far as Del Piero goes he's pretty old, but you can't doubt his quality. Read that he wanted to go to China most likely, but he's also a big fan of the NBA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Maurice Edu = Stoke City(done deal)

Carlos Bocanegra = Eintracht Frankfurt (Rumour)

Clint Dempsey = Tottenham or Sunderland(Rumour)
    Thanks for info, NBF!
    Glad to hear Edu isn't giving up on playing overseas yet. The other two are almost ready to come home heros.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Thanks for info, NBF!
    Glad to hear Edu isn't giving up on playing overseas yet. The other two are almost ready to come home heros.
    Dempsey isn't coming back to MLS. Probably not for another 3-4 yrs.

Very odd year for allocation draft, as normally you don't get this many players end up on allocation list. Well, let's see if anyone else falls to MLS in next two weeks or so.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I posted in the Carlos Bocanegra thread, it seems he'll be moving to Spain.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...y-transfer-day

Carlos BocanegraThere's continuing interest from England and France, but a source told MLSsoccer.com that the negotiating table was still waiting to see offers with nine hours left in the market.
    Meanwhile, on Friday morning, a Spanish report claimed that second flight Racing Santander was on the verge of bringing Bocanegra to Spain.
    The US captain has already spurned Eintracht Frankfurt and Olympiakos this summer. Bocanegra also entertained interest from at least two MLS clubs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The roster freeze is coming up on the 15th. Is TFC going to be making any more moves? Particularly with Frings out.

Or are we destined to finish the season with a shortened bench most games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    The roster freeze is coming up on the 15th. Is TFC going to be making any more moves? Particularly with Frings out.

Short bench, long bench...does it matter?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Short bench, long bench...does it matter?
    If you are going to make zero subs, I guess not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Mariner are you paying attention: Sign Kevin McKenna.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN McKenna: 'We'll see' about potential MLS move in 2013.

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/statu...49118437122049

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post

I'd rather us just let our young players have the chance to get in there, live with the results, and evaluate them for next season.

Unless we can lock up a player like McKenna for this season and beyond and give him some time to get settled. I wouldn't get any short term, temp players though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Frings out, it's time to start some rumours. How about...

Nigel Reo-Coker to TFC!?

If West Ham don't take him, he won't be in the premier league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC was close to signing Kevin McKenna this summer:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2014-...kevin_mckenna/

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm prepared to say that this has been the worst season evar.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm prepared to say that this has been the worst season evar.
    I was ready to say that after week 9.

Anyone know if this Ugandan kid is actually trialling with TFC? Read a few articles about it. I am pretty sure it won't pan out but I'm just curious.