Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    I wonder if JM has heard some rumours on who is on their way out??

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro
    So his scouting trip was only what, 2 weeks?

Like I said, this sounds more like a vacation than a scouting trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no worries...PM has got the big 4 wks scouting trip to bermuda lined up over the holidays..
    the bermuda soccer fed jus put a fresh coat of paint on his beach front soccer office....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    So his scouting trip was only what, 2 weeks?

Like I said, this sounds more like a vacation than a scouting trip.
    It's an assumption, I know, but I would guess they have been tracking players prior to his trip and this is the opportunity to see them play live and meet their agents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    It's an assumption, I know, but I would guess they have been tracking players prior to his trip and this is the opportunity to see them play live and meet their agents.
    suds, that's not an assumption. you're 100% right that's what they're doing as PM intimated during his end-of-season interview.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under the Mo Jo regime, TFC was getting players from a select group of agents. You could count the size of the group on one hand. The agents, and the regime, would receive kickbacks. You think its a coincidence Mo Jo is no longer involved with the league? Its still going on today, hence the Bermuda gold mine of players and the south american players that were recommended by Cochrane to Winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's on his way out of Chelsea, so i've got to say it!

Lets get fat Frank Lampard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    He's on his way out of Chelsea, so i've got to say it!

Lets get fat Frank Lampard!
    Lets not disrespect super Frank like that.... Even he wouldnt lower his standard to this pish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soccer View Post
    Under the Mo Jo regime, TFC was getting players from a select group of agents. You could count the size of the group on one hand. The agents, and the regime, would receive kickbacks. You think its a coincidence Mo Jo is no longer involved with the league? Its still going on today, hence the Bermuda gold mine of players and the south american players that were recommended by Cochrane to Winter.
    Wouldn't shock me, these rumors have floated around for a while.

Others have pointed this out before, but the way TFC has set itself up (inexperienced front office, lack of oversight from a president) they are potentially vulnerable to cheap hucksters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Wouldn't shock me, these rumors have floated around for a while.

Others have pointed this out before, but the way TFC has set itself up (inexperienced front office, lack of oversight from a president) they are potentially vulnerable to cheap hucksters.

The thing is that agents call all the time trying to get players try outs or contracts... The problem is that between Mo, Preki and Mariner they all go out of their way to sign players where they will get kick backs period. Putting a competitive team on the pitch is secondary to lining their pockets. Just go through the rosters and you can easily pick out which players which our FO was getting a kick back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    The thing is that agents call all the time trying to get players try outs or contracts... The problem is that between Mo, Preki and Mariner they all go out of their way to sign players where they will get kick backs period. Putting a competitive team on the pitch is secondary to lining their pockets. Just go through the rosters and you can easily pick out which players which our FO was getting a kick back.
    That's a pretty serious allegation - especially with all the corruption probes going on right now. Do you have hard evidence to back up your statements? I prefer to think of the FO as simply incompetent rather than corrupt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    An interesting article for the blogsphere would be a look at our past players and what agents represented them. Paging Pookie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    That's a pretty serious allegation - especially with all the corruption probes going on right now. Do you have hard evidence to back up your statements? I prefer to think of the FO as simply incompetent rather than corrupt.

Mista was a prime example.

But I think the Bermudan's and Aceval and Caicedo are pretty good speculations.

A few years back there was a scandal over this in England. With our limp media I doubt anything like this will ever be uncovered here.

But considering how this team is run, I don't doubt for a second that it is and was happening at TFC. The rumours of this happening here (escpecially under Mo Johnston) have been circulating for years. This isn't the first time that I've seen it mentioned that it still goes on.
    Last edited by narduch; 11-13-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i was managing this team i would keep the following players
    4-4-2 Diamond Formation

----------------------Frie------------------------------
    (Roberts)
    Eks-----------(?)------------O'Dea-----------Morgan
    (?) Henry Emo (Pasher)
    thats what the back line should look like Get rid of Cann, Harden, Williams, and Hall<---the worst defender ever at TFC!

----------------------?----------------------------
    (Dunfield)
    (Maund)
    Frings is old, Dunfiled a good sub, maund is learning. If you can't get quality to replace our Capt. then keep him.

Lambe---------------------------------------Avial
    (Amerikwa) (Plata)
    Lambe will be better next year, Avila is technically gifited. I really hope plata comes back and is not sour.

---------------------Silva-----------------------
    (?)
    (Avila)
    Silva is a good player for the money he makes. Avila can fill in but we need a natural AMid to back up silva.

------------Koef--------------(?)-----------------
    (?) (Lindsey)
    Best finisher in MLS in Keof!!! Lindsey should be in the fold as spare parts.

Johnson won't come back to TFC but neither should Hasli at his salary and DP Lable! We need 2 more strikers one of those should be a Starter. Keep in mind there is still Makabuya behind Lindsey.

Starting CB to pair with O'Dea and to teach Henry how to handle and the young defenders how to handle late game situations. Back up for Eks at low cost.
    Sign Pasher the kid is awsome!

So thats 6 players we need to have a chance to compete properly in the MLS. Kinda what Mariner said at the press conference.

What do you guys think? I will try to post Salaries and see where we would stand in next years cap system.
    Last edited by 19Barrett19; 11-13-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: messed it up oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot wait till December 1st to see the free agent list, for MLS, with each season passing the crop of players will improve and we might be able to do something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Not that I agree with this, but these are my cut players predictions based on the logic of a mad man:
    Kocic
    Roberts
    Harden
    Cann
    Avila
    Stinson
    Cordon
    Makayuba
    Lindsay
    You were not too far off lol

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/15/tfc-releases-adrian-cann-five-others

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I agree with this, but these are my cut players predictions based on the logic of a mad man:
    Kocic
    Roberts
    Harden
    Cann
    Avila
    Stinson
    Cordon
    Makayuba
    Lindsay
    why would roberts get cut?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    why would roberts get cut?
    because he is a young canadian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it possible that mariner wants to bring in another ginger from what im hearing he was scouting in Scandinavia (Denmark,Sweden,Norway,Iceland)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Ec...y_(footballer) is this our Eks' brother?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    is it possible that mariner wants to bring in another ginger from what im hearing he was scouting in Scandinavia (Denmark,Sweden,Norway,Iceland)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Ec...y_(footballer) is this our Eks' brother?
    He is a Left Back. R Eckersley is a Right Back. Wouldn't it be neat to have the brothers line up side by side in the middle of D? Adam at LCD, Richard at RCD (O'Dea can play FullBack).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a Left Back. R Eckersley is a Right Back. Wouldn't it be neat to have the brothers line up side by side in the middle of D? Adam at LCD, Richard at RCD (O'Dea can play FullBack).
    Given the way Mariner runs this team........

How about the brothers lining up a strikers in a 4-4-2

Speaking of roster, after the cuts, how many players do we have under contract for 2013? We've gotta be seriously short handed right now? And with Mariner's apparent disdain for playing kids from the academy, do we even have a starting 11?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Speaking of roster, after the cuts, how many players do we have under contract for 2013? We've gotta be seriously short handed right now? And with Mariner's apparent disdain for playing kids from the academy, do we even have a starting 11?
    Be amusing if we don't.

Then players refuse to come to shitshow FC run by the clown in shorts, and opening day we can't field a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy out Frings get hassli on a non Dp contract . Wait on koevermas to get healthy. So koev would be our only DP sign Frings to a normal salary and bring in 2 young DPs on cheaper cap hits who need some min. I beleieve the cap hit is cheaper for younger DPs. Although this sounds doable I think it's circumventing the cap. Frings is after surgery and would give us an excuse on that one. We would save more money that way to make a future move if koev is not the same man when he comes back. One can only dream but it can be done. Cochrane is a bum and mariner is the clown so dream

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to larsen on twitter,E H will be back has DP next season...
    now we have 3 broken down older DPs.
    STOP THE MADDNESS PLEASE NEW MANAGEMENT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Hassli can remain relatively healthy, he should be able to score 10-12 goals next season. TFC's placement in the overall standings next season will determine if it was worth giving up a first round pick in 2014. If TFC makes the playoffs next season and Hassli is a solid contributor to that effect, it will make the optics of the deal much easier to digest. If TFC fails to make the playoffs and Hassli has an injury plagued season, then the deal will have been a waste of an asset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its ok guys.

This is what'll happen:

PM will have a team meeting while wearing a suit. Hassli jokingly says "ou est your shorts?" (because he's french and his anglais is no good yet) and everyone giggles.
    PM laughs almost condescendingly and looks at Hassli and says "the same place you are going to start from now on"

3 games go by and no starts from Hassli as he sits on the bench and gets subbed in once for 2minutes before the final whistle. TFC still losing.

Hassli then gets traded to, oh say Portland. At the press conference PM says he thanks Hassli for the contribution blah blah blah. Then he goes on to say "In return we will be getting the most natural soccer ball of the modern era."

Another 2 days go by and TFC signs a new DP, 35 year old James Prema of Bermuda. Coincidentally PM is now announced as the Bermudan national team coach.

Prema gets here and the next days he's starting and promptly gets injured, lets say ACL tear requiring surgery. Prema retires and says he's going back home to fulfill his life long dream of becoming a gardener.

PM then goes to Bermuda to prep the national team and in the background you see Prema gardening at PM's new (as someone mentioned above I think) beachfront soccer coaching office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CommradePolski View Post
    Its ok guys.

This is what'll happen:

PM will have a team meeting while wearing a suit. Hassli jokingly says "ou est your shorts?" (because he's french and his anglais is no good yet) and everyone giggles.
    PM laughs almost condescendingly and looks at Hassli and says "the same place you are going to start from now on"

3 games go by and no starts from Hassli as he sits on the bench and gets subbed in once for 2minutes before the final whistle. TFC still losing.

Hassli then gets traded to, oh say Portland. At the press conference PM says he thanks Hassli for the contribution blah blah blah. Then he goes on to say "In return we will be getting the most natural soccer ball of the modern era."

Another 2 days go by and TFC signs a new DP, 35 year old James Prema of Bermuda. Coincidentally PM is now announced as the Bermudan national team coach.

Prema gets here and the next days he's starting and promptly gets injured, lets say ACL tear requiring surgery. Prema retires and says he's going back home to fulfill his life long dream of becoming a gardener.

PM then goes to Bermuda to prep the national team and in the background you see Prema gardening at PM's new (as someone mentioned above I think) beachfront soccer coaching office.

The call from Bermuda MNT can not come soon enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC picks up option on Hassli.

Apparently Mariner thinks TFC is picking up Avila's option?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Avila should have trade value, no? If he does, it would make no sense not to pick up his option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Where did he say that? That would be a real shocker (unless they plan on just trading him after). Thought he was out of the picture for sure.

Hassli was always going to come back considering what we gave up for him. Was hoping as a non-DP but oh well. If he can produce I'm all right with it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Where did he say that? That would be a real shocker (unless they plan on just trading him after). Thought he was out of the picture for sure.

Hassli was always going to come back considering what we gave up for him. Was hoping as a non-DP but oh well. If he can produce I'm all right with it.
    http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/11/...-13-eric-avila
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano