Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i'm quoting your entire post because everyone should read it.
    last year, i made it out to 8 games. 8 games, by spending a whopping total of $40.

i got them for free, from someone unloading tickets on the board (in exchange for beer), or from hard up scalpers willing to make $5 instead of nothing. you're telling me that i should pay $50 for a ticket in the north end when i can get a ticket for $15 or less and sit wherever i want in a half empty stadium?
    I think we need to be cautious about boasting how we can sit where we want. They will start locking down on checking tickets when we come out in the sections, I just know it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I think we need to be cautious about boasting how we can sit where we want. They will start locking down on checking tickets when we come out in the sections, I just know it.
    This isn't something new to us or them. Considering that there are days when I can have an entire row to myself in 112, I don't think they're overly concerned.

(Although, your point remains valid.)
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    This isn't something new to us or them. Considering that there are days when I can have an entire row to myself in 112, I don't think they're overly concerned.

(Although, your point remains valid.)
    I know it's not new. I've never sat in my SSH seats, ever. No point. But to get people to pay for where they want to sit....they could enforce.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly, there's games where the entire supporters section can uproot and sit at midfield during our CCL, or voyagers cup matches. they should encourage this, it'd look fantastic on camera.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's not new. I've never sat in my SSH seats, ever. No point. But to get people to pay for where they want to sit....they could enforce.
    Do you usually go up a price point or do you head into the supporter's section?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly, there's games where the entire supporters section can uproot and sit at midfield during our CCL, or voyagers cup matches. they should encourage this, it'd look fantastic on camera.
    I agree it would look amazing, but they won't. Undermines the value of those seats and those who did end up buying there.

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    Do you usually go up a price point or do you head into the supporter's section?
    Depends on how I'm feeling, the weather, which way we go, who I'm with. I'll move at half to stay at our attacking end usually. Might settle in at midfield if I'm tired. Might come crush into the empty spaces of rows 8-11 in 112, or sit front row in the north stand. I just go with wherever the feeling takes me.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gone from the days where 112 was over flowing with capacity to now where 112 is sometimes the emptiest section in the south end.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Gone from the days where 112 was over flowing with capacity to now where 112 is sometimes the emptiest section in the south end.
    sigh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    did anybody notice on the (US internet feed) during the game last night that the Crew were offering "19% off 2012 season ticket price for 2013"? That's a good offer from a much better team than TFC. And great marketing!

MLSE have a lot to learn!

We as fans also have a lot to learn! Stop supporting this shit franchise financially!

Last edited by asterix606; 08-23-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Europe soccer leagues some big clubs fans think if they don't win there League tittle then it was an awful season even if they finnish 2nd or 3rd. Other clubs think if they can qualify to Europa League or top half the league think it as a fantastic season. Other clubs think as long as they don't get relegated from top division its a good season, while others say like West Ham for example being in the 2nd division is awful, while another smaller club might think 2nd division is a great place to be and the club most likely will never make it any higher and fans are fine with that.

In North America i think all fans exspect there teams whether its NBA, NFL, NHL or MLS to make the playoffs or else its a bad season, and us being in North America i can say thats how just about all TFC fans feel, and doing that 6 years in a row is extremely bad, and i think most fans do care and are sick of it!
    Last edited by james; 08-23-2012 at 04:54 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterix606 View Post
    We will probably finish the season with 26 points in 34 games.

This would equal to 0.76 Points Per Game average! (Could be the worst PPG average in our history)

Ohhh yeahhh MLSE, I see lots of progression after 6 years.

But, but, but .... Anselmi says he sees that we are heading in the right direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is obvious for all of us (except MLSE) that we are getting worst and worst and worst.....

*2012 numbers are my estimate of 26 points in 34 games. Which could very well happen!

TFC Points per game average

2007 0.83 (first year)
    2008 1.16 (+0.33 PPG = +39.7% more than 2007)
    2009 1.30 (+0.14 PPG = +12.0% more than 2008)
    2010 1.16 (-0.14 PPG = -12.0% less than 2009)
    2011 0.97 (-0.19 PPG = -16.3% less than 2010)
    2012 0.76 (-0.21 PPG = -21.6 % less than 2011)

NOTE: Montréal is presently at 1.33 PPG with 7 games left. We never even got that high in our history!!

2007 to 2012

TFC fan base 2013

Last edited by asterix606; 08-23-2012 at 09:45 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of things about this team that bother me. One of them being its obvious to me that MLSE wants to win (see third highest payroll, academy, etc.) but has no clue how apparently. For parity's sake, we should've been competitive atleast once by now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterix606 View Post
    It is obvious for all of us (except MLSE) that we are getting worst and worst and worst.....
    *worse

One can't get worse than worst.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    *worse

MLSE will figure out a way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    *worse

We can start losing V's cups. There is another low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can start losing V's cups. There is another low.

All things considered, it's a miracle that we won it this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the email I sent after I read the Impact lowered their SSH tickets by 15%. It just shows you that their President and owner is someone how understands his business but more importantly his customers.

Good afternoon Mr. Beirne,

I am sure you have seen the link to the Montreal Impacts2013 SSH ticket renewal prices. MLSE & TFC’s management and front officebetter take a look at this prior to sending out TFC’s renewal package andpricing.

If I am to renew my Seasons seats for 2013, there better bea price reduction. If the Impact who are a more talented bunch and have a waymore sound management structure than TFC can reduce SSH tickets TFC betteralso.

The product you put on the field is atrocious, just look atlast night’s performance against Santos Laguna. Until you start putting aproduct on the field that deserves everyone’s money, right pricing SSH ticketsshould be MLSE’s 1st priority.

Personally, I would like to renew but the cost plus thegetting in and out of the game on weekdays (can’t stand weekday games) plus theproduct and dysfunction on & off the field doesn’t give me any incentive torenew.

Kind Regards,
    SSH - Section 105 Row 22
    Last edited by Libra_60; 08-30-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra_60 View Post
    Here is the email I sent after I read the Impact lowered their SSH tickets by 15%. It just shows you that their President and owner is someone how understands his business but more importantly his customers.

Good afternoon Mr. Beirne,

I am sure you have seen the link to the Montreal Impacts2013 SSH ticket renewal prices. MLSE & TFC’s management and front officebetter take a look at this prior to sending out TFC’s renewal package andpricing.

If I am to renew my Seasons seats for 2013, there better bea price reduction. If the Impact who are a more talented bunch and have a waymore sound management structure than TFC can reduce SSH tickets TFC betteralso.

The product you put on the field is atrocious, just look atlast night’s performance against Santos Laguna. Until you start putting aproduct on the field that deserves everyone’s money, right pricing SSH ticketsshould be MLSE’s 1st priority.

Personally, I would like to renew but the cost plus thegetting in and out of the game on weekdays (can’t stand weekday games) plus theproduct and dysfunction on & off the field doesn’t give me any incentive torenew.

Kind Regards,
    SSH - Section 105 Row 22
    Well said sir.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/TorontoFC.html

In case there was any shred of hope, even if Toronto FC go 8-0-0 in their next eight games, they are still out of playoff contention.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd put the chances of us winning our last 8 games on par with beating santos laguna at home and on GD.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/TorontoFC.html

In case there was any shred of hope, even if Toronto FC go 8-0-0 in their next eight games, they are still out of playoff contention.
    Ya there wasn't.

But 8 wins would have a lot of people turned around on Mariner.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd put the chances of us winning our last 8 games on par with beating santos laguna at home and on GD.
    I'd put the chance of winning 4 games on par with that.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many posts about what to look forward to next season. Is a new leaf possible? Mariner, MLSE goons, still around. Uncertain roster playing for the "worst team in the world". Torsten's life line? D.K.s recovery time? who knows. All I did after the Santos game was sigh. I am finding it harder these days. Harder to go to games and spend the cash, harder to buy gear. The disconnect from the team caused by a lack of appreciation for the fans is killing me. Someone please help me stay the course.

With the CCL being a routine thing now the only highlight of this year is Dunfield.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First I was all like...

Then I went to this place...

Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 08-31-2012 at 08:55 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...And now I'm like...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Amazing^ I need his jersey!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. Dunfield is a terrible player. For me he optimizes what little quality the club has. But, I guess people love that "0% skill, 100% hear" shit. Mariner included. Unless there are significant price reductions and/or a player worth signing added to the team, I won't be spending my hard earned cash on this shite anymore.

By the way, this isn't a dig at Redcoat, I found those posts quite funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a little fun taken from all this chaos.

From the ashes of TFC arises Terence Dunfield. Now that must bother you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredone View Post
    From the ashes of TFC arises Terence Dunfield. Now that must bother you.
    I think the thing that bothers me most about TFC is that even if someone recognizes that there is a problem I have 0 confidence in their (MLSE) ability to fix the problem.

I've seen a lot of people calling for a complete re-org of the FO but my problem with that (and don't get me wrong, I 100% want to see that re-org happen) is this: I have complete faith that MLSE will do the re-org wrong and nothing will improve.

Sadly my mantra for TFC has been this lately: I love TFC, I'll always watch and support TFC...But I kinda hate TFC right now.