Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    If it shits like a duck and shits like a duck and continues to continues to shit itself. It's duck who shits allot.
    If I had a signature, this would be it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    If it shits like a duck and shits like a duck and continues to continues to shit itself. It's duck who shits allot. I pay my money, so I'll point out every time that ducks shits. And every time that ducks shits at BMO, the crowds grow smaller and smaller. I think it has to do with the stench of all that duck shit.
    I think Rohan Ricketts would've responded well to this.

Meanwhile I think I'll concentrate more on the talking and walking, no matter how poor it is. That's what I pay for.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
    There is a big difference here. Before their slumps these teams were around for many decades during which they enjoyed success and built a multi-generational fanbase. This makes it more likely that fans will endure prolonged periods of drought. TFC has sucked from day one. They have never provided us with anything but very small victories (the Canadian Championship, a few individual league or CCL games here and there). TFC have not earned our loyalty. We just gave it to them unconditionally.
    Very well said sir.... I dropped mine after S4...and still enjoy going but a whole lot less frequently...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Just to add to this and kind of a side note:

You can go to CCL games without season tickets as well.
    Don't be sold otherwise when your renewal package comes in!

This is true, yet if I can recall correctly the Amway games are forced down your throat and are more expensive than CCL games...

Amway games should be free for ssh IMO as they do in Europe for qualifying games.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    This is true, yet if I can recall correctly the Amway games are forced down your throat and are more expensive than CCL games...

Amway games should be free for ssh IMO as they do in Europe for qualifying games.
    Disagree. The Voyageurs Cup is more important than a league game to me.

Lower regular season games and make the Vcup and CCL special pricing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Disagree. The Voyageurs Cup is more important than a league game to me.

Lower regular season games and make the Vcup and CCL special pricing.
    This would make you (most likely) the only person alive with this viewpoint. The V Cup should have been a freebie from day one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree Vcup is more important, but make it special pricing like you said or make it free for ssh as a perk. It feels wrong being forced into it. btw i've never missed a Vcup or ccl game and cant understand how I was one of only a few that went to the Aguila game..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    i agree Vcup is more important, but make it special pricing like you said or make it free for ssh as a perk. It feels wrong being forced into it. btw i've never missed a Vcup or ccl game and cant understand how I was one of only a few that went to the Aguila game..
    It very simple actually. People are tired of paying premium prices for bottom feeder football. 6 years on has taught us that this team isn't an MLS contender - they are bottom feeders / pillions / scrimmage team for the top teams in the league. They are in the league to make money - not play football. Proof is in the results and the pricing vs. other MLS teams.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    This would make you (most likely) the only person alive with this viewpoint. The V Cup should have been a freebie from day one.
    For 3 years it was the only time we played Vancouver.
    For 4 years the V Cup was the only way to see our biggest (and arguably only true) rival city Montreal.

Both opposing teams proved they were more talented than their USL/NASL league level in competition and made it more exciting than most league matches I've attended with minimal emotion between teams.

This tournament should be in a spotlight and making it a freebie degrades it.

Again I say if you want a lower overall season ticket, fine. Don't do it by making the VCup an also-ran.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop prices across the board. Period. Whether its for season tickets, or VCup games, or regular season games or for champions league game, the prices are too high based on the product on the field. How else do you think you're going to get more butts into the glorified bleachers that make BMO after 6 losing seasons, and winning a cup (VCup) over and over again that no one else besides true supports cares about, without dropping the prices on everything?
    Also, It's obvious that this city doesn't understand the importance of cup matches that aren't classified as "playoff games", so why not include some, if not all, of these tickets in a SSH package so at least the SSH's might feel compelled to go? Seems pretty simple to me, but we all know ML$E will find a way to blow it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love minging and bitching on the interwebs, thats what its for.
    we are fucking aweful, a COMPLETE joke in every sense of the word.
    We need to have some stability and a clear idea of wher we want to go. . maybe we have that now? who knows.

but please.
    please for the love of GOD and all that is holy NO PROTESTS!!
    they solve absolutely nothing and make us look like a bunch of fucking wankers . . . . . . . . . .
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For 3 years it was the only time we played Vancouver.
    For 4 years the V Cup was the only way to see our biggest (and arguably only true) rival city Montreal.

Both opposing teams proved they were more talented than their USL/NASL league level in competition and made it more exciting than most league matches I've attended with minimal emotion between teams.

This tournament should be in a spotlight and making it a freebie degrades it.

Again I say if you want a lower overall season ticket, fine. Don't do it by making the VCup an also-ran.
    It's all a matter of optics, IMO.

LA Galaxy include 3 "Bonus" games in the season ticket package. In the past, those games have included friendlies and believe it or not, MLS Cup playoff games. They aren't downgrading their games against Chelsea or the MLS Cup Playoffs. They are simply providing "value" for owning season tickets. Fans don't have to fork out more money to see those "Bonus" games and that establishes a bit of a connection. If the team does well, I will be there to support them.

A simple strategy like that would go along way.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Allez View Post
    Drop prices across the board. Period. Whether its for season tickets, or VCup games, or regular season games or for champions league game, the prices are too high based on the product on the field. How else do you think you're going to get more butts into the glorified bleachers that make BMO after 6 losing seasons, and winning a cup (VCup) over and over again that no one else besides true supports cares about, without dropping the prices on everything?
    Also, It's obvious that this city doesn't understand the importance of cup matches that aren't classified as "playoff games", so why not include some, if not all, of these tickets in a SSH package so at least the SSH's might feel compelled to go? Seems pretty simple to me, but we all know ML$E will find a way to blow it.
    Ticket prices are such a farce in general.

We have a season tickets package that should be lowered in price. That's it. It's ridiculous that they price different teams at different "Premium" prices (apart from Becks and Henry no team generates extra hype)

To add value with "free" games for season ticket holders is an unnecessary carrot. Just lower the overall price of every game.

It's a headshaker that we talk incessantly about renewing and look at our tix that are priced so outrageously higher than what we pay per ticket for real and THEN...

The club turns around and sell these ridiculously priced ticket to scalpers like groupon etc. for a fraction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sure agree that the prices are a farce, it was one of my reasons for bailing on seasons this year. Of the many reasons I dropped seasons is I saw no value beyond sitting with the same people (and they were great people).

By making the VCup a freebie for season ticket holders they could have started a process of adding value to season ticket holders. They could have achieved this by blending the extra games into the season ticket package when the number of games went up. They could have achieved it by holding more meaningful events for free for the season ticket holders. They could have done it by building a respected winning organization. There are so many things they could have done, but they have done almost nothing.

I really hope 2013 brings some real signs of a turnaround for us all. No matter if you are a hardcore supporter, a soccer mom or a person who just likes to catch a few minutes of the game in a bar, nothing about this team is pretty this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price is my number one sticking point too when it comes to renewal. There is just no incentive to be a season ticket holder. Let's look at the benefits as outline by the TFC FO:

1. Your own dedicated Account Representative - Big deal. If you call the GOAL line you can talk to one if needed.

2. Access to Account Manager - Not really a benefit in my opinion. I can forward my softcopy tickets purchased from variety of methods by email if I need to.

3. Ticket Exchange feature inside Account Manager - So what? You can buy full priced tickets? Don't make me laugh. People were trying to get rid of tickets for as low as $10 on our Ticket Trader. Lots of tickets available without needing Ticket Exchange.

4. First Access to Playoff Tickets - If we ever made it, could be a good thing but right now I don't know the feeling.

5. Discount Card for Toronto FC Merchandise - 15% off for STH's but then shortly into the season they offer everyone 30% off for most of the year and you can't use your STH card so why do we have one?

6. E-mail Subscription - Whoopee!!...anyone on the their mailing list gets an email. I don't know of any special "season ticket holder" emails I have ever received.

Summary....there is no benefit. They also used to have listed "special season ticket holder events" but those never happened during any year so I guess they felt they had to remove that item from the list. I think we should add a few more to the list.

7. Inability to sell unused tickets due to extremely low demand.

8. Price guarantee - You will receive one of the highest prices in the league and if they continue to do bad they will freeze the prices (maybe) until they can figure out how to get out of the basement of the standings and bring back support. Tom A. figures we are one good winning streak away from doing it so why change.

9. Relocation guarantee - With dwindling support and a sure to be pathetic renewal percentage they can guarantee you a great chance to move your seats to a better location to watch just how bad the soccer is at the same great prices of 2012 (maybe).

I am sure others can add more to this list. One thing they should have done from the start of this downturn in tickets sales/renewals, in my opinion, is a loyalty discount. The more years you hold season seats you should receive a percentage off the price and it shouldn't just be a fixed renewal price. At least this would encourage and reward those of us that have stuck it out through so many years. The STH card should have been good for concessions all along and not just merchandise. They should add "season ticket holder events" back to the list and actually hold them for all season ticket holders. I know that may be a feat with 16000 STH's but six people taste testing BMO food at the beginning of the year doesn't count as a STH event to fulfill that commitment in my opinion.

I love my seats. I love hanging out with the people around me. I just don't know if I can pay the same again for another year. I will decide on the last day or the renewal period.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Joe those points are bang on but for one.

The relocation has always been about finding a cheaper ticket for me. I know I'm not alone and I'd think I'm in the majority for once.

This feature alone is one point I'd stress as a measure to anyone saying that pricepoint is an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine any "loyalty" is coming our way. New owners, why are they going to "eat it" and give us "loyalty rewards" when it was the previous owner who did the gouging?

We've given nothing to Bogers, they won't be throwing us any bones for the OTPP rape we've endured.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Joe those points are bang on but for one.

The relocation has always been about finding a cheaper ticket for me. I know I'm not alone and I'd think I'm in the majority for once.

This feature alone is one point I'd stress as a measure to anyone saying that pricepoint is an issue.
    I agree with you actually and I did the same each year until I got into the supporter section and now I can't go any lower in price. Maybe I didn't word it right. When I said same prices (if they freeze) I meant they are not going to change the price of the tickets for each section if moving in the same price level. For an individual you definitely will be able to downgrade what you were paying this year by moving to cheaper sections. I bet this year will be the best opportunity to relocate and pay less than ever before for those renewing and are currently paying more.

Unfortunately in my personal situation the renewal price I paid last year, even though cheapest in the stadium, may be too much for me to hold onto my tickets this time around so pricepoint is still an issue. If TFC were doing well I could get enough interest in friends/family to split my seats with me to keep them but the team is in the tank so bad as far as they are concerned that they wouldn't bother putting any money down with me. All the people I know that I used to sell pairs to when I couldn't go or needed some money won't buy them anymore and people on Ticket Trader are looking for below STH cost these days, and usually get it, so I can't recoup anything if needed there. I used to park at Ontario Place for the cheaper parking ($5-$12) but now that is $20 all year round. $16-20 at the stadium. I can't park further than that because my wife has an illness and can't make the walk. I know there are more people are in my position with me and trying to justify the benefit of owning seats despite loving to be at the game. I just wish TFC and the FO would create some actual benefit other than what they listed on their website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I agree with you actually and I did the same each year until I got into the supporter section and now I can't go any lower in price. Maybe I didn't word it right. When I said same prices (if they freeze) I meant they are not going to change the price of the tickets for each section if moving in the same price level. For an individual you definitely will be able to downgrade what you were paying this year by moving to cheaper sections. I bet this year will be the best opportunity to relocate and pay less than ever before for those renewing and are currently paying more.

Unfortunately in my personal situation the renewal price I paid last year, even though cheapest in the stadium, may be too much for me to hold onto my tickets this time around so pricepoint is still an issue. If TFC were doing well I could get enough interest in friends/family to split my seats with me to keep them but the team is in the tank so bad as far as they are concerned that they wouldn't bother putting any money down with me. All the people I know that I used to sell pairs to when I couldn't go or needed some money won't buy them anymore and people on Ticket Trader are looking for below STH cost these days, and usually get it, so I can't recoup anything if needed there. I used to park at Ontario Place for the cheaper parking ($5-$12) but now that is $20 all year round. $16-20 at the stadium. I can't park further than that because my wife has an illness and can't make the walk. I know there are more people are in my position with me and trying to justify the benefit of owning seats despite loving to be at the game. I just wish TFC and the FO would create some actual benefit other than what they listed on their website.
    You can usually park just on the other side of the tracks in those really long lots, for like $5, and that's probably the same distance as the OP lots. Many times I park at lamport 15 mins before kickoff and when I walk by those lots, they still have room and I kick myself for not going for em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    We've given nothing to Bogers, they won't be throwing us any bones for the OTPP rape we've endured.
    You are probably right, but in business terms there are plenty of reasons why they might be well advised to.

There is a lot of research out there showing that it's easier to retain your present customers, rather than attract new ones. This club has ground a lot of people into indifference, which is pretty scarey considering they might never come back regardless of what the future holds.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    You can usually park just on the other side of the tracks in those really long lots, for like $5, and that's probably the same distance as the OP lots. Many times I park at lamport 15 mins before kickoff and when I walk by those lots, they still have room and I kick myself for not going for em.
    Thanks dude. Maybe I will try that next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    You are probably right, but in business terms there are plenty of reasons why they might be well advised to.

There is a lot of research out there showing that it's easier to retain your present customers, rather than attract new ones. This club has ground a lot of people into indifference, which is pretty scarey considering they might never come back regardless of what the future holds.
    That is true and nobody will know that better than Rogers/Bell, but they certainly know price gouging better than OTPP could have ever dreamed.

We'll see I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ shit, it's gonna be "bundle this" or "add on that", this could get realy ugly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

using the thread title "Doesn't it bother you?", I'll use a line from Tupac......."and I can't even trip, coz I'm just laughing at you"........kinda sums up my feelings about this team right now.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    ^^^ shit, it's gonna be "bundle this" or "add on that", this could get realy ugly
    Only for existing customers. You should see the deals they offered me this week when I switched my internet/phone/tv to a new provider. "Please come back loyalty team" called me TWICE in one week!!! I can't even get an answer within a month when I call them.....

I plan on renewing nothing and picking up tix with "special deals" and "new customer pricing" that I'm sure will be implemented!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Only for existing customers. You should see the deals they offered me this week when I switched my internet/phone/tv to a new provider. "Please come back loyalty team" called me TWICE in one week!!! I can't even get an answer within a month when I call them.....

I plan on renewing nothing and picking up tix with "special deals" and "new customer pricing" that I'm sure will be implemented!!!!
    So you are saying if we switch from being Vancouver Whitecaps or Montreal Impact supporters we will get a better deal than existing TFC season ticket holders? If we leave as a TFC season ticket holder they will call us back and offer us 6 months free if we say we will keep the season tickets on a contract for 2 years? Hahaha...sounds about right. I dealt with all that stuff switching to Bell from Rogers earlier in the year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you are saying if we switch from being Vancouver Whitecaps or Montreal Impact supporters we will get a better deal than existing TFC season ticket holders? If we leave as a TFC season ticket holder they will call us back and offer us 6 months free if we say we will keep the season tickets on a contract for 2 years? Hahaha...sounds about right. I dealt with all that stuff switching to Bell from Rogers earlier in the year.
    I know this is a joking line of thought but seriously speaking on this-

If I were to walk away there is plenty of local live football to see and it wouldn't be a team in some far away city. Actually, it would cut down on my travel to see local footy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did anybody notice on the (US internet feed) during the game last night that the Crew were offering "19% off 2012 season ticket price for 2013"? That's a good offer from a much better team than TFC. And great marketing!

MLSE have a lot to learn!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    using the thread title "Doesn't it bother you?", I'll use a line from Tupac......."and I can't even trip, coz I'm just laughing at you"........kinda sums up my feelings about this team right now.........
    while we are quoting the greatest lyricist of all time...."they dont give a f*ck about us!"

playoffs, yah right
    paying till we die
    lookn in their supporters eyes
    they dont give a f*ck about us

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price is my number one sticking point too when it comes to renewal. There is just no incentive to be a season ticket holder. Let's look at the benefits as outline by the TFC FO:

1. Your own dedicated Account Representative - Big deal. If you call the GOAL line you can talk to one if needed.

2. Access to Account Manager - Not really a benefit in my opinion. I can forward my softcopy tickets purchased from variety of methods by email if I need to.

3. Ticket Exchange feature inside Account Manager - So what? You can buy full priced tickets? Don't make me laugh. People were trying to get rid of tickets for as low as $10 on our Ticket Trader. Lots of tickets available without needing Ticket Exchange.

4. First Access to Playoff Tickets - If we ever made it, could be a good thing but right now I don't know the feeling.

5. Discount Card for Toronto FC Merchandise - 15% off for STH's but then shortly into the season they offer everyone 30% off for most of the year and you can't use your STH card so why do we have one?

6. E-mail Subscription - Whoopee!!...anyone on the their mailing list gets an email. I don't know of any special "season ticket holder" emails I have ever received.

Summary....there is no benefit. They also used to have listed "special season ticket holder events" but those never happened during any year so I guess they felt they had to remove that item from the list. I think we should add a few more to the list.

7. Inability to sell unused tickets due to extremely low demand.

8. Price guarantee - You will receive one of the highest prices in the league and if they continue to do bad they will freeze the prices (maybe) until they can figure out how to get out of the basement of the standings and bring back support. Tom A. figures we are one good winning streak away from doing it so why change.

9. Relocation guarantee - With dwindling support and a sure to be pathetic renewal percentage they can guarantee you a great chance to move your seats to a better location to watch just how bad the soccer is at the same great prices of 2012 (maybe).

I am sure others can add more to this list. One thing they should have done from the start of this downturn in tickets sales/renewals, in my opinion, is a loyalty discount. The more years you hold season seats you should receive a percentage off the price and it shouldn't just be a fixed renewal price. At least this would encourage and reward those of us that have stuck it out through so many years. The STH card should have been good for concessions all along and not just merchandise. They should add "season ticket holder events" back to the list and actually hold them for all season ticket holders. I know that may be a feat with 16000 STH's but six people taste testing BMO food at the beginning of the year doesn't count as a STH event to fulfill that commitment in my opinion.

I love my seats. I love hanging out with the people around me. I just don't know if I can pay the same again for another year. I will decide on the last day or the renewal period.

i'm quoting your entire post because everyone should read it.
    last year, i made it out to 8 games. 8 games, by spending a whopping total of $40.

i got them for free, from someone unloading tickets on the board (in exchange for beer), or from hard up scalpers willing to make $5 instead of nothing. you're telling me that i should pay $50 for a ticket in the north end when i can get a ticket for $15 or less and sit wherever i want in a half empty stadium?