Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    And speaking of crazy conclusions...

This is what I posted after what you quoted. Do you still want me to answer your "what-if 's"? Or are we good?
    You, sir, are too much. This is CLEARLY a dick-measuring contest for you, because you've made an unprompted point of drawing the line between, you (who says he goes to all games) and 99.9 percent of other people everywhere, either on here or everywhere else, who miss at least one or more games each season.

Never mind that support is supposed to be about unity, especially at difficult times like the one the club has been going through pretty much since inception. No, not to you - you must be distinguished, for you are a more serious supporter, one untouchable but the other plebes who -- very ironically -- by their presence and attendance have given you a team to support in the first place.

Anyway, I don't know why I even started this with you because it's a waste of my time. Please, carry on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    You, sir, are too much. This is CLEARLY a dick-measuring contest for you, because you've made an unprompted point of drawing the line between, you (who says he goes to all games) and 99.9 percent of other people everywhere, either on here or everywhere else, who miss at least one or more games each season.

Never mind that support is supposed to be about unity, especially at difficult times like the one the club has been going through pretty much since inception. No, not to you - you must be distinguished, for you are a more serious supporter, one untouchable but the other plebes who -- very ironically -- by their presence and attendance have given you a team to support in the first place.

Anyway, I don't know why I even started this with you because it's a waste of my time. Please, carry on.
    I don't think you're reading his posts clearly. You seem to be calling him out on something he never even stated or implied.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The definition of supporter to me is like the definition of mature.

To each their own.....just don't mess with me so you can dance in your own monkey poo.

Mind you, an internet forum is really just a bunch of people dancing in monkey poo so....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I don't think you're reading his posts clearly. You seem to be calling him out on something he never even stated or implied.
    Holy Zombie Jesus Thank You.

Now to answer the OP- Yes. It bothers me. But I'll still go to as many games as I can and support the way I like while other people are free to support the way they like.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post

But I agree - giving up seasons is the single most powerful thing that people can do if they want the current execs gone. This is a corporation running a sports team like a corporation. The success of the execs is being judged on financial results, not on the field results. We could languish in last place for the next decade and set futility record after futility record, but as long as long as the tickets are selling, and jerseys are flying off the shelves our current exec team will be deemed successful by their bosses.
    This is my line of thinking as well. I've been to a few games at the start of the year, and by the Chicago game in April was when I decided enough was enough and I wasn't going back to BMO for the rest of the year. Sure I watch every game on T.V. and read this board on a nearly daily basis, but I'm not putting a cent in MLSE's bank account and I hope that this sacrifice eventually leads to Anselmi and Co. being at the very least re-positioned somewhere else in the company and actual soccer professionals brought in to manage our team. I can't stand the garbage being sold to us anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The definition of supporter to me is like the definition of mature.

To each their own.....just don't mess with me so you can dance in your own monkey poo.

Mind you, an internet forum is really just a bunch of people dancing in monkey poo so....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Many sports teams in no relegation leagues go through decades of incompetency. Look at the Green Bay Packers of the 70's and 80's, the current Leafs, the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Yes it bothered fans.

Doesn't stop you caring.
    The Packers won two Super Bowls in the 60s and were a force pre-Super Bowl.

The Leafs, even when they weren't winning the Stanley Cup, were in the playoffs pretty much all the time until recently.

The Pirates have some World Series under their belt.

Toronto FC has got what? 824 minutes without a goal. Numerous stoppage time losses. The worst start in MLS history (this season). Only the 2nd team to ever let the GK score in MLS history. And zero success outside the last CCL run and being the best in Canada in the NCC.

MLSE took outstanding support in the first couple of years and tore a fucking hole through it. And as long as they see 18,000 or more show up it'll all seem fine to them. I'm not saying don't go, or don't stop supporting, but this is how they see us. As pawns in their little money game. They're winning and the team isn't.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    That after six years, and four of them not even close to playoff-level soccer, we're still relying on moral victories and "possibly improvements heading into next season" yet again? A draw with Portland is "okay" I guess. But we're still easily the worst team in MLS and that little run we had was just our usual unbeaten stretch surrounded by tons upon tons of froggy shit.

Vancouver in two years is better than we've ever been at any point. Seattle has been a success from year one. Philly made the playoffs in year two. Montreal has some potential.

And here we are possibly the worst team in MLS history struggling to compete with even mediocre competition like Portland. We doubled their road goal-scoring total for the season. What the fuck is that shit all about?

I don't want excuses. I want a winning team. Not moral victories. And I see no sign of hope that it's coming. It really sucks.
    Just to remind everyone, this is what the thread was about. (It's a bit much like a couple of other threads, but whatever.) However, we took this thread & started turning against each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE took outstanding support in the first couple of years and tore a fucking hole through it. And as long as they see 18,000 or more show up it'll all seem fine to them. I'm not saying don't go, or don't stop supporting, but this is how they see us. As pawns in their little money game. They're winning and the team isn't.
    I agree, because they know Toronto has a good amount of people who will be loyal to the team regardless.

IMO, and to draw a parallel to the Marineland article in yesterdays TorStar, "after a while you have to realize it's hopeless and you're not helping, you're actually part of the problem." Just my opinion and always will be. Ownership has to change, there is no other way. Rogers/Bell have to see this as a losing venture and cut ties...and to see that, it must become that.

Garber knows what Toronto has to offer as a market, we won't be without a club if ownership were to actually bail. Not worried about that happening either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That after six years, and four of them not even close to playoff-level soccer, we're still relying on moral victories and "possibly improvements heading into next season" yet again? A draw with Portland is "okay" I guess. But we're still easily the worst team in MLS and that little run we had was just our usual unbeaten stretch surrounded by tons upon tons of froggy shit.

Vancouver in two years is better than we've ever been at any point. Seattle has been a success from year one. Philly made the playoffs in year two. Montreal has some potential.

And here we are possibly the worst team in MLS history struggling to compete with even mediocre competition like Portland. We doubled their road goal-scoring total for the season. What the fuck is that shit all about?

I don't want excuses. I want a winning team. Not moral victories. And I see no sign of hope that it's coming. It really sucks.
    I hear you. What really grinds my gears is having to read shit from people like Paul Attfield about our "surprise" draw at home vs a fellow last place team. Stay tuned for TFC rolling out of bed and being given full praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Stone View Post
    Toronto is now an event city. There are no real fans here. Unless they are fans of "events".
    Hmmm .. no.

The difference here is that I’m sure the bar you are setting for TFC in terms of attendance is in comparison to clubs that have been around for 100 years with shit loads of goodwill. No different than the leafs, they could shit the bed for decades and the drop in attendance is backstopped by their history and people’s long standing commitment to the team. TFC has basically showed up and taken a dump on us for six years and provided very little in return, we have nothing to fall back on. Call me crazy, but I think given the circumstances the fans in this city deserve a fucking medal for still coming out. BMO was reasonably full on a Wednesday night, to watch two last place teams battle it out for the grand prize of nothing. If most cities in MLS went through what we have their attendance would be like Chivas USA / FCD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does it bother you that mls still plays matches on fifa calendar days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    they are clapping maybe for the effort, the players could play their best, but we don't have the best players to be a winning team at the moment.

i hate to say this team is like a little kid (no i dont believe mlse bs), it takes time to grow, and of course im annoy from the past 6 years of shit but eventually they will get out of this. Some ppl may back out now, but when they start winning, they will come back, but i consider them as part-time fans (or "bandwagoners"). True fans will not back out from a team; im not saying that not going to games or not buying products are not true fans, but i want to say that at least watch it on tv or follow it and stay positive instead.
    bah. so we can just put 11 random guys out there and we'll applaud anything just as long as they tried. Leafs fans don't do anything so they've been stuck with shit for many years and we're doing the same thing. People here say they want change but no one is willing to do anything or show displeasure, i mean there would be a couple of fire anselmi chants that only 5-6 people will be chanting it for about a minute than stop because it couldn't catch on. U cant boo at the team because that automatically means u hate them and aren't a supporter, when really the booing and whistles is to show displeasure for the situation.

To ridicule people for clapping for the team after a draw is blind and ignorant. A result is a result at this point. We're not fighting for anything. No playoffs, CCL is a pipe dream IMO. You are there for that one game and one game only. If they get a result, be happy because they are few and far between.
    come on now we we're clapping even through that ridiculous losing streak, people clap for everything. effort? wat effort yesterday? we were outplayed for the most part by the second worst team in the league, but hey as long as u guys are happy with this keep clapping and pretend everything is ok. btw u can boo based on result and not on the actual players independently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benficachop20 View Post
    Leafs fans don't do anything so they've been stuck with shit for many years and we're doing the same thing.
    Broadbrushing Leafs fans never gets old. "They don't do anything! They all put up with it!" I know far more Leafers who refuse to give them any more $ than people who go to their games... It's just there's waaaay to many Leafs fans around.

Off topic I know but just had to say something as I see that line spewed all over this board.

*Calmy waits for the MLSE doesn't care if they win comment*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_905 View Post
    If people leave now, I can't say I blame them. But hey, lets be honest, by people dropping their season tickets it at least shows FO that their failures have consequences. Those who drop their season tickets are probably doing more for this club than those of us who are renewing. Anyone who doesn't renew their season seats should NOT be considered "part time supporters."
    No, i didn't say that not renewing their season tickets are part-time fans, as I also said in my previous post "im not saying that not going to games or not buying products are not true fans, but i want to say that at least watch it on tv or follow it and stay positive instead."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
    I'm sorry but I saw very little effort last night other than a 10-minute spell in the middle of the second half. The first 60 minutes were just brutal to watch, and right before our first goal I had started switching back and forth between this game and the Jays on Sportsnet. I was thinking that the players have just completely given up and don't give a shit anymore. The first goal gave them a bit of hope and then they scored a second, but a few minutes later, as we've seen too often, they just stopped playing and the inevitable happened. I wouldn't say that kind of effort deserved clapping.
    Well, in my opinion, I think we don't have all the starters on our lineup yesterday, they played the best of their ability, nobody gave up, we scored TWO GOALS, if they don't give a shit, we wouldn't of gotten the goals, the problem is still our defence line, we get caught out too easily, and that's why we conceded the second goal. The first goal was just a show of poor set-piece defending again.

So maybe people were clapping for Kocic when he made the point-blank save in the second half, maybe people were clapping for Frings for holding the midfield yesterday, maybe people were clapping for young Luis Silva for playing so well at his age, maybe people were clapping for Hassli's first goal for the club, maybe they were clapping because of the entertaining fight at the end at 110 lol.........

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it bothers me. It's why I've stopped banging Tom Asnselmi's wife. He can do his own dirty work from now on.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bah. so we can just put 11 random guys out there and we'll applaud anything just as long as they tried. Leafs fans don't do anything so they've been stuck with shit for many years and we're doing the same thing. People here say they want change but no one is willing to do anything or show displeasure, i mean there would be a couple of fire anselmi chants that only 5-6 people will be chanting it for about a minute than stop because it couldn't catch on. U cant boo at the team because that automatically means u hate them and aren't a supporter, when really the booing and whistles is to show displeasure for the situation.

come on now we we're clapping even through that ridiculous losing streak, people clap for everything. effort? wat effort yesterday? we were outplayed for the most part by the second worst team in the league, but hey as long as u guys are happy with this keep clapping and pretend everything is ok. btw u can boo based on result and not on the actual players independently.
    So you want to save your clapping for a winning record. Fine. I go game by game like the ones clapping with me. And it's not for losses. It's for points. There will always be boobirds. If that's the best you can do to voice displeasure and your comfortable with it so be it. You even bring up Anti Anselmi chants so try to keep them going. If people choose not to keep it up that's up to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    This is my line of thinking as well. I've been to a few games at the start of the year, and by the Chicago game in April was when I decided enough was enough and I wasn't going back to BMO for the rest of the year. Sure I watch every game on T.V. and read this board on a nearly daily basis, but I'm not putting a cent in MLSE's bank account and I hope that this sacrifice eventually leads to Anselmi and Co. being at the very least re-positioned somewhere else in the company and actual soccer professionals brought in to manage our team. I can't stand the garbage being sold to us anymore.
    this i have to agree

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"How many teams in MLS can have five starters out and put in a performance like that?" he asked. "We're nowhere near where we want to be but I'm delighted with camaraderie, the togetherness that is in that locker-room....."

I clap for the camaraderie that the lads show. They really look like their having a blast this year. Getting shit faced on road trips it's that kind of togetherness that I clap for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i guess we were forced to play them, because our starters were at international duties.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    Well, i guess we were forced to play them, because our starters were at international duties.
    The fact that we had to play Ty Harden is a true indication of this. The guy has been a bench warmer for two managers now. The only reason he played was because we have no one else! 5 guys who would be ahead of him were out of action for one reason or another. I guess we should be happy he was there to fill the spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POINTS PER GAME:

YEAR*TFC*VAN*MTL

2007 0.83 -- --
    2008 1.16 -- --
    2009 1.30 -- --
    2010 1.16 -- --
    2011 0.97 0.82 --
    2012 0.86 1.48 1.27

There has to be a revolt from the fans. Its been 6 seasons of crap!!

TFC is worst year after year since our top of 1.30 PPG in 2009.

PATHETIC!!!
    Last edited by asterix606; 08-16-2012 at 05:12 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterix606 View Post
    POINTS PER GAME:

YEAR*TFC*VAN*MTL

2007 0.83 -- --
    2008 1.16 -- --
    2009 1.30 -- --
    2010 1.16 -- --
    2011 0.97 0.82 --
    2012 0.86 1.48 1.27

PATHETIC!!!
    You posted this already elsewhere didn't you?

Do you call not giving the club any money a revolt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asterix606 View Post
    POINTS PER GAME:

YEAR*TFC*VAN*MTL

2007 0.83 -- --
    2008 1.16 -- --
    2009 1.30 -- --
    2010 1.16 -- --
    2011 0.97 0.82 --
    2012 0.86 1.48 1.27

PATHETIC!!!
    That is just embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Stone View Post
    Toronto is now an event city. There are no real fans here. Unless they are fans of "events".
    Toronto is an event city now, sadly. The people of this city, though, are not all the same. There are some awsome, hardcore, diehard fans here. However, with them, come the event fans you mentioned and they will always be here to follow an advertisment to a game. And the city is only growing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    You posted this already elsewhere didn't you?

Do you call not giving the club any money a revolt?

Not really, I had just posted the PPG for TFC in 2012.

This time I added all seasons and the other two Canadian teams.

Other intersting info:

SEATTLE PPG

2009 = 1.56
    2010 = 1.60
    2011 = 1.85
    2012 = 1.60
    Last edited by asterix606; 08-16-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting sort of bothered that every thread on this board is filled with the same whining. Honestly the group thats just complaining non-stop on the SUPPORTERS forum should just go ahead and make their own forum dedicated to flinging shit at the club. How about just you guys elect one guy, and he can stand outside of BMO Field with a megaphone and read out comments, yeah? Seriously. Can we not just have one thread for this? Its getting sort of played out. When your transfer rumor thread is filled with nonsense about how shit the club is, the pre/post match filled with how shit the club is, I bet if I started up a thread for a fun-run campaign a bunch of the negative posters would jump on saying they can't run they're to depressed because the clubs shit. Lets dial it back a little? I know I can't be the only one getting a bit annoyed by those stating the obvious over-and-over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that many TFC fans would make great suicide prevention councelors.

Even after 6 dreadful, depressing, mind numbing seasons, you still cheer, stay positive and see the bright side of TFC.

We could definetly use you guys on our phones!

http://www.suicidehotlines.com/canada.html
    Last edited by asterix606; 08-16-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    I'm getting sort of bothered that every thread on this board is filled with the same whining. Honestly the group thats just complaining non-stop on the SUPPORTERS forum should just go ahead and make their own forum dedicated to flinging shit at the club. How about just you guys elect one guy, and he can stand outside of BMO Field with a megaphone and read out comments, yeah? Seriously. Can we not just have one thread for this? Its getting sort of played out. When your transfer rumor thread is filled with nonsense about how shit the club is, the pre/post match filled with how shit the club is, I bet if I started up a thread for a fun-run campaign a bunch of the negative posters would jump on saying they can't run they're to depressed because the clubs shit. Lets dial it back a little? I know I can't be the only one getting a bit annoyed by those stating the obvious over-and-over again.
    there's just some negative people here trying to instigate, that's why every thread contains some negative comments, i guess you can tell who those people are.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    If it shits like a duck and shits like a duck and continues to continues to shit itself. It's duck who shits allot. I pay my money, so I'll point out every time that ducks shits. And every time that ducks shits at BMO, the crowds grow smaller and smaller. I think it has to do with the stench of all that duck shit.