or use this

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Countd...andTobago.aspx

JDG hits TFC management pretty hard...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can just see the contempt on his face. He is not pleased with Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Finally enjoy the game again..." How fucking sad is that.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Still missing planning and direction" - Julian de Guzman

Yeah, that sounds about right to me. He did mention that we've got a good structure in place with the facilities and fans and support, though.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    "Still missing planning and direction" - Julian de Guzman

Yeah, that sounds about right to me. He did mention that we've got a good structure in place with the facilities and fans and support, though.
    It's basically saying anything they could have thrown cash at, they did, but they still have no idea what they're doing.
    It's buying a Ferrari and putting Simple Jack behind the wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    It's basically saying anything they could have thrown cash at, they did, but they still have no idea what they're doing.
    It's buying a Ferrari and putting Simple Jack behind the wheel.

You never go full Retard

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No surprise when you have the coach looking at things one way and a GM looking at things another way while those running the academy see things another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he could get back to europe with Rangers

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish the interviewer had asked him if he had played to the level people had of him in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they were trying to buy him out after all.

Man we are bloody fooked until eternity.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy. Crap. That was the most candid I've ever seen of JDG and one of the most candid interviews by a Canadian footballer. I can't believe how well he tread the line in what he said. He certainly said the right things by me. Incredible the difference in how he left vs other Canadian players.

It didn't matter how much money they threw at him he wanted to stay instead of cut out.

DeGuz just went up my list for the back of a Canada shirt.

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good explanation of how JDG looks like a much better footballer when he put on a Canadian shirt during his time with TFC. Hard to blame some of the guys who've come through TFC and not performed to their best ability, this behind the scenes shit really weighs on these guys....his face says it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW.. I'm impressed.....

Sadly its a similar story we've heard too many times before.. I sometimes wonder if the FO has is any PRIDE in this organisation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny...I've said many times TFC is worse after the transfer window, and part of that assessment is that we traded JDG with nothing of quality to replace him. Dunfield is certainly no JDG. And I got ripped apart for it.

But now people like him because he tells is like it is about the TFC FO?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Funny...I've said many times TFC is worse after the transfer window, and part of that assessment is that we traded JDG with nothing of quality to replace him. Dunfield is certainly no JDG. And I got ripped apart for it.

I can easily separate my appreciation for his demeanor and candour with the disappointment I have for his contribution and overall value to the club. The 2 opinions can co-exist in a supporter IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always liked JDG. Just became obvious that his contract was a bit steep for what he had to offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me that people in TO always need some person to blame for the results and claim they are the problem and need to move on. Jose Calderon, De Guz, and countless Leafs like McCabe, Komisarek, and Toskala (to name a few off the top of my head). I don't think that people were saying your assessment was wrong, as much as they were glad to be done with JDG. Personally, I liked his play and thought he just made a few glaring mistakes. Had we been getting bounces and won some of your first few games, maybe we would still be here?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't feel the focus should be on the player he was. What he just said is very important and should be the focus.

For example:

"lacking in planniing... they need everyone on the same page" - fundamental issue no matter the debate on Mariner. When the boat rows in opposite directions, you go no where.

"they got my DP slot back and used it on Hassli to replace Koevermans" - sort of ends the debate over why Mellberg couldn't fit doesn't it? Mariner opted to replace goals and give up a draft pick rather than fix the CB issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm inclined to believe what he is saying, and it sort of makes sense based on what we speculate about the club. But it is fair to point out that everything he is saying is coming from a "disgruntled ex-employee" perspective. People that are made to feel unwanted and eventually moved out rarely have positive things to say about their former employer.

Out of curiosity - how has he been doing for Dallas? Has his performances improved?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I don't feel the focus should be on the player he was. What he just said is very important and should be the focus.

For example:

"lacking in planniing... they need everyone on the same page" - fundamental issue no matter the debate on Mariner. When the boat rows in opposite directions, you go no where.

"they got my DP slot back and used it on Hassli to replace Koevermans" - sort of ends the debate over why Mellberg couldn't fit doesn't it? Mariner opted to replace goals and give up a draft pick rather than fix the CB issue.
    Well, someone opted to replace goals but as you said, the fundamental issue is that the boat is rowing in opposite directions. Do we think that has been entirely fixed with one coach firing? Can we take anything mangement says while under contract at face value? It seems possible that a condition of working at MLSE is taking the hits publicly and keeping your mouth shut about upper management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdcfan18 View Post
    It seems to me that people in TO always need some person to blame for the results and claim they are the problem and need to move on. Jose Calderon, De Guz, and countless Leafs like McCabe, Komisarek, and Toskala (to name a few off the top of my head). I don't think that people were saying your assessment was wrong, as much as they were glad to be done with JDG. Personally, I liked his play and thought he just made a few glaring mistakes. Had we been getting bounces and won some of your first few games, maybe we would still be here?
    The team really needs new ownership and guidance. There's been some good talent come and gone, but they seem to fail to know which position needs to be an average MLS salary and which position requires a DP salary. Im disappointed to hear JDG say that every single coach/manager he had wanted to move him out. This pretty much implies that not even Winter could find a place for him in the 4-3-3, but for some reason he seems to fit just fine in the CMNT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

For example:

When you put it like that it sounds like they could have signed Mellberg on a DP contract and possibly O'Dea, and that would have given us a solid backline, with Morgan, O'Dea, Mellberg, Eckersley. Instead they traded a first round pick and failed to secure the services of an experienced defender to fortify the backline. There's not a whole lot of planning for the future in that decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I can easily separate my appreciation for his demeanor and candour with the disappointment I have for his contribution and overall value to the club. The 2 opinions can co-exist in a supporter IMO.
    Yeah, I can see that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I'm inclined to believe what he is saying, and it sort of makes sense based on what we speculate about the club. But it is fair to point out that everything he is saying is coming from a "disgruntled ex-employee" perspective. People that are made to feel unwanted and eventually moved out rarely have positive things to say about their former employer.

Out of curiosity - how has he been doing for Dallas? Has his performances improved?
    I agree that one needs to be somewhat open about comments from a former employee. However, this is not the first or second time players or coaches that have left TFC have either aired issues or hinted at issues. As they say - once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence, third time is a trend. We clearly have a negative trend happening here with respect to creating a vision for the club and having the knowledge to implement it. TFC is all over the map and it has shown in their results for the past 6 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    I agree that one needs to be somewhat open about comments from a former employee. However, this is not the first or second time players or coaches that have left TFC have either aired issues or hinted at issues. As they say - once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence, third time is a trend. We clearly have a negative trend happening here with respect to creating a vision for the club and having the knowledge to implement it. TFC is all over the map and it has shown in their results for the past 6 years.
    Regarding the vision. I saw this quote from the Guardian's assessment of Swansea's chances for the EPL season this year. I put it in the possession vs. route 1 thread, but it fits here given JDG's comments. It's a good one.

"The clarity of Swansea's vision has made replacing managers and players relatively seamless."

When you know how you want to play, you know exactly the kinds of players you need in each position, and exactly the kind of manager you need. TFC's lack of consistent vision is a big problem.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the vision. I saw this quote from the Guardian's assessment of Swansea's chances for the EPL season this year. I put it in the possession vs. route 1 thread, but it fits here given JDG's comments. It's a good one.

"The clarity of Swansea's vision has made replacing managers and players relatively seamless."

When you know how you want to play, you know exactly the kinds of players you need in each position, and exactly the kind of manager you need. TFC's lack of consistent vision is a big problem.
    Wow! That Swansea statement cannot be any more succinct

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can see that.
    You sound a bit hard done by but it wasn't myself saying he had to go no matter what. He himself said the sale was to get Hassli which was a poor trade so far since he hasn't been fit but I think the final month and a half of games will have to tell the tale on that story.

I think we'll look back and rating the players in similar positions (Robinson, then Cronin) on the team he'll have a moderate rating but it's all about overall value. We should've had better use of our DP spots the years up to Koevs and Frings.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 08-15-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish JDG all the best, to be honest I always felt that we wasted a DP slot on the guy - and way too much salary. And yes, I do care that he got paid almost $2 million. MLSE is not going to spend unlimited on our team, so with him on the squad that was $2 million less that they were willing to fork out for someone else.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I always liked JDG. Just became obvious that his contract was a bit steep for what he had to offer.
    This is the perfet response to this thread.
    pragmatic, simple and honest.
    We are all so emotionally inveted in thsi squad that sometimes we lose sight of what is actually going on.

He wasn't a fit, we over paid, adn the ROI for JDG was non existent . . ESPECIALLY for a DP.
    love him for canada, glad he is gone from TFC.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Wow! That Swansea statement cannot be any more succinct
    And we're now seeing MLS teams start to settle into that kind of operation now that the league (and its roster rules) seem to be stabalizing. If the roster rules stay much the same through another CBA (same number of DPs, same domestic requirements, etc.) it will be possible for MLS teams to make these kind of long-term plans.

Now, whether TFC will be at the forefront of teams doing that or pulling up the rear will have a lot to do with the new ownership.