Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we were playing CCL, against teams that sat back and let us come on to them in order to counter attack us back, JDG was very good breaking up those counter attacks. But when we played the usual MLS pressing type teams, he didn't adjust.

I think he's off back to Europe next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    To get to the top of the table, sure. But to be a top five team? If Kouvermans had been healthy and in shape from the start of the season would this team have started 0-9? It would have changed everything.
    I don't know in general if this is true, but I am coming to agree. I used to think the quality non-DP signings put you in the upper tier and the DP signings put yoy over the top. But there are clearly quite a few examples of the opposite (including us).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like how JDG plays 80% while in Toronto, but I do like everything he said in the video.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the same guy who fully endorsed the job Winter was doing while he was here, then went out there and played kinda mediocre at best most nights.

The team has been a shitshow for six years now, without even looking at the backroom politicking. That breeds anger and contempt from players, as well as an unhappy locker room. Winning solves everything, and this team hasn't done nearly enough of it. Couple that with the criticism he received here, and the embarrassment of how he finally got moved, and colour me surprised that he doesn't have nice things to say.

Which isn't at all to say that's the only factor. A lot of what he says rings true of our own observations and rumours about the three ring circus that is this club, behind the scenes. But the way these kinds of guys just absolve themselves of any serious guilt in their own performance, always makes me roll my eyes hard. Players earning a lot less have come here and played better for us than he did.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens