Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... this was definitely a frustrating game to watch. Yet again we lacked the ability to finish. Our strikers were again, non existent, with absolutely no production coming from Dichio and Cunny in this game in my opinion. Our buildup, to me, is fantastic. However we seem to run into a brick wall near the box, and our chances are continually wasted. We really need someone who can finish up front, because Dichio isn't going to do it, and neither is Cunningham

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I keep hitting the circle button, but I think I have the D-pad pointed the wrong way or something... I dunno - I'm always putting the ball in row Z. Soz.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    Well... this was definitely a frustrating game to watch. Yet again we lacked the ability to finish. Our strikers were again, non existent, with absolutely no production coming from Dichio and Cunny in this game in my opinion. Our buildup, to me, is fantastic. However we seem to run into a brick wall near the box, and our chances are continually wasted. We really need someone who can finish up front, because Dichio isn't going to do it, and neither is Cunningham
    Well not only that but more shots for sure would help them finish. I mean the game saw only 9 shots!!!! BOTH teams!!! Sure we had 6 shots but u need more balls on net... doesn't have to be quality shots. I saw a couple of opportunities in the first half were I felt a shot was needed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am somewhere between unsatisfied and happy. I appreciate the tie, but felt we could have won. Like other pointed out the shots lacked the finishing touch. I thought I felt my heart stop when that shot was stopped be Marshall.

Still unbeaten in 5 though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we probably shaded this one, were the better side and a little more quality in our strikes probably should have bagged the points. Still, last season we would have found a way to lose a match like this. Another clean sheet and unbeaten in 5.

Columbus are pretenders, they will not be in the postion there are now as the season progresses I feel. And for Shitletto, should have been sent off in the first half for descent, on multiple occasions.

Bring on DC!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very physical game tonight with some great attacks. Defense held up for the most part with a few hiccups. I'm sure we could have won it if we could put a bit more power behind the shots on net. Another clean sheet for Sutton who deserves more love than we are giving him.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts had trouble finishing. The Robert chance was best IMO. our strike force was ineffectual. I'm not sure Cunny with more time would've helped. The result was positive looking at the standings but after the fact that was a game we should've came away with 3 pts today.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 points lost...we need to play two up front...it's no accident that most teams play with 2 up front...we need a stricker who can finish
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just did not finish today, get that final touch to put in it, we had good chances, the Crew did not always cover the Reds that well, three points for sure could have come out of this game if the ball just bounced the right way.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We played well enough to win this game! I see this as we lost 2 points not we gained 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone played well. The team seamed to take a step back when Dichio was subed, but then it created several good chances. Marshall was the man of the game, Rickets and Robert shown offensively. Rickets took the shot from his weak foot. But while I agree that we should have won. Other then finishing this was one of the best team performance I have seen from TFC. I think the layoff did not help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert is drifting too far into the middle of the pitch for me, Carver needs to get him to stay wide. Thought we bossed the game for most of the 1st half and were unlucky not to have gotten something more out of it. I'll take the point, when compared to last season at least we're getting points out of games when we don't score.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concerning Dichio...

Jack was talking to me during the match and mentioned that Dichio is much more effective as a sub coming in for the second half (or something along those lines). Thinking about it now, I respectfully disagree. I think Dichio is a better starter and while he may not have the same turn of speed as most of the midfield does, his physical presence in itself has a distinct intimidation factor. Looking back at it now, I recall several instances in the first half where the Columbus players were really keeping their distance when they saw him moving aggressively. No doubt he's a big guy and that in itself slows him down, but size can be an important advantage as well.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Concerning Dichio...

Jack was talking to me during the match and mentioned that Dichio is much more effective as a sub coming in for the second half (or something along those lines). Thinking about it now, I respectfully disagree. I think Dichio is a better starter and while he may not have the same turn of speed as most of the midfield does, his physical presence in itself has a distinct intimidation factor. Looking back at it now, I recall several instances in the first half where the Columbus players were really keeping their distance when they saw him moving aggressively. No doubt he's a big guy and that in itself slows him down, but size can be an important advantage as well.
    Agreed, Dichio just needs someone to play off him that's all and no one seems to be able to read the game like he is right now. Although he did have a nice flick on in the first half that really should have resulted in a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shaggingscot View Post
    Robert is drifting too far into the middle of the pitch for me, Carver needs to get him to stay wide. Thought we bossed the game for most of the 1st half and were unlucky not to have gotten something more out of it. I'll take the point, when compared to last season at least we're getting points out of games when we don't score.
    I've noticed that too as soon as Ricketts and Robert switch sides. It seems to me that the free flow passing seems to degrade a bit. Don't get me wrong though, they still seem to cause havok and robert hit the post coming from the right but still...

Watch how the team play seems to change when they switch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    I've noticed that too as soon as Ricketts and Robert switch sides. It seems to me that the free flow passing seems to degrade a bit. Don't get me wrong though, they still seem to cause havok and robert hit the post coming from the right but still...

Watch how the team play seems to change when they switch.
    You're bang on, and here I thought I was the only one in the park who noticed it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw it happen last game too. I was wondering what was happening then the broadcasters mentioned they switched. I watched for it this time and noticed the change almost right away. I have to say I prefer it when Robert is on the left as he seems to play a lot wider and stretches out the defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC played pretty good today, But man do we need a good striker. But we are improving in different aspects every game. If we can only Finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could definately see some fustration from Robert and Guevara due to the lack of off the ball movement. dichio will continue to be isolated until we start making some better runs.

sadly, cunnie did make some good runs...without the ball being passed to him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good game by the Reds today,they were the better team overall and a goal post robbed us of the 3 big points..Like to see Cunny start regular and have dichio come off the bench he looked lost for the 4th game in a row,

and to the guy that drove all the way up from Ohio to chher on the reds( sorry name forgotten at this time) great to meet to..have a safe trip home!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    I saw it happen last game too. I was wondering what was happening then the broadcasters mentioned they switched. I watched for it this time and noticed the change almost right away. I have to say I prefer it when Robert is on the left as he seems to play a lot wider and stretches out the defense.
    Carver switched them to have their good feet on the inside, because Columbus was dropping its fullbacks right back and packing the defense with 10 men, which meant service through the air on crosses was going to be that much harder to capitalize on. So instead, he tried having Ricketts and Robert cut inside, which is why you also saw Brennan and Wynne cutting inside on the overlaps.

Didn't work, but it sure as heck almost did. That Robert shot was one inch the other way from winning the match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Everyone played well. The team seamed to take a step back when Dichio was subed, but then it created several good chances. Marshall was the man of the game, Rickets and Robert shown offensively. Rickets took the shot from his weak foot. But while I agree that we should have won. Other then finishing this was one of the best team performance I have seen from TFC. I think the layoff did not help.
    Agree, Marshall was a rock today... defence as a whole played really well.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPBLondon View Post
    who saw the fuckin duck on the field!!!!!!!
    I saw the duck. It was no Lambardo... I mean squerrel from last season. But it was still funny as hell.

Last edited by romburgundy; 05-17-2008 at 10:49 PM.

London: "Football is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that." B. Shankly
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=adamdz;7423]I am somewhere between unsatisfied and happy. .... [quote]

wow...you sound like me wife (& I'm not talking sex, more like the work around the house or lack-thereof), just generally...
    Last edited by sidney; 05-17-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game yesterday proved that Cunny cannot start. The team had great cohesion with Dichio, it lost it when cunny came on. It is not that Cunny was bad, it is just Dichio is much better suited for the lone stiker role. I do like Cunny comming on with 20-30 minutes so that he has time to make something happen. For those who are not convincied I encourage you to go back and see the game again, if you have it taped. I really do think we had a great game. Yes we should could have won, and were close to doing so. But lets not forget, as much as I hate them the Crew are not the same team from last year, much like us they have vastly improved. I will say this we were the better team, and we created a lot of confusion in their end, we should have capitalized, but I do not think that it was any ones players fault. Edu could have struck it better, Ricketts had to take the shot leftfooted, not his strong foot, Guevarra took a couple of shot from out that sailed, and Robert was simply unlucky. Sometimes this just happens. I am very happy with a clean sheet, and I have to say Marshall played a better game then I have seen any MLS CenterBack play. I loved the organization, and I love our system style.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    good game by the Reds today,they were the better team overall and a goal post robbed us of the 3 big points..Like to see Cunny start regular and have dichio come off the bench he looked lost for the 4th game in a row,

and to the guy that drove all the way up from Ohio to chher on the reds( sorry name forgotten at this time) great to meet to..have a safe trip home!!

Jody (Keystone FC, or just Keystone or as Billy called me at Shoeless KFC...I think he was hungry.)
    I made it back safe and no problems getting across the border (Shocking).
    A number of things I took away from this game was TFC played a very physical game something they wouldn't even think of doing last year. To me this says they are healthy and willing to put their body on the line. Second, we were not the same team that played the Crew at the beginning of the season. We tied the best team in the league that we lost to 2-0 at their place (actually it was our place). We gained a point from a previous game where we gained nothing. The one play that will stick in my mind is when Sutton got 5 holed and Marshall was at the goal line to clear a sure goal. Right there was the indication that our defense, if not a bit stronger, a bit more smarter than the 1st game. It's not to say that we couldn't improve but the signs are there that this team IS improving.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by romburgundy View Post
    I saw the duck. It was no Lambardo... I mean squerrel from last season. But it was still funny as hell.

I was in 117. It was right in front of us. I almost had most of the section doing the 'Quack' chant from the Mighty Ducks movie. At one point someone started singing..
    Ooooooo Danny DUCKio
    Danny DUCKio
    Danny DUCKio
    Danny DUCKio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert was the man of the match for sure!!!

Robert was full of control and pace and gave the crew defense too much to handle!

A couple of points that i would like to get off my chest.

1) Ricketts is fucking DUE! when is ricketts gonna convert some control or passes/crosses into GOALS!!??

2) Edu is really starting to piss me off lately! I think he has been playing shit lately!!!
    I'm not saying i want Harmse instead, because Harmse is very very shit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's face it, we dropped two points, but last year we probably would have lost this game. We need a kick ass striker pronto and we'll be well on our way to play offs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shaggingscot View Post
    Agree with this as well, over the last few matches I cannot count the times he has kept wide to the touchline on the left flank and never received any balls out to him. I think he is trying to get himself into the match due to lack of service by drifting in.

We need him wide and he needs some service, he is dangerous out there.