Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best way to meet players on game day?

I don't live in Toronto, so I can't come to games often. I was wondering what's the easiest way to meet some TFC players on game day, or is the completely impossible...?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not impossible. If you go to gate 4 before the game you can say hi as they arrive. Some like to stop more than others. They start arriving about 2 hours before the game. If you wait after the game at the same gate you will see some leave too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might try this, Im coming over from Belfast for the Fire game in a few weeks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend being there about 2 1/2 - 3 hours before game time, they either go through gate 4 on the west side of the stadium or a door to the south just past the TV trucks on the same side of the stadium. It will give you the best chance to catch up with the lads.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sir are my hero :P I got to meet Hassli pre-game against portland and I got countless signature including Frei and Frings on my Germany flag. Definitely made my week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about after the game?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakht View Post
    What about after the game?
    Gate 4 again, but if the result is poor, the players usually sneak away through the back.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Gate 4 again, but if the result is poor, the players usually sneak away through the back.
    I want to meet both Frings and Nesta. I'm hoping to go to the fixture in October, vs. Impact. Would they be leaving Gate 4 about an hour after the game?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will see a bus just down from gate 4, that is for the opposing team. Should be pretty easy to stop Nesta depending on how many people are there doing the same.

As for Frings, its hit and miss with him outside of gate 4 from what I have seen but I don't go every game, just once and a while. Last year they did a post party down the street with all the team (90th minute party), not sure what they are planning this year if anything.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will see a bus just down from gate 4, that is for the opposing team. Should be pretty easy to stop Nesta depending on how many people are there doing the same.

As for Frings, its hit and miss with him outside of gate 4 from what I have seen but I don't go every game, just once and a while. Last year they did a post party down the street with all the team (90th minute party), not sure what they are planning this year if anything.
    yikes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info, man. About how long to you expect the away team to be out of their locker rooms and out to the bus?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hang out in the locker room after the game, usually you have one or two players leaving early, but the majority of them will take about an hour and a half to leave after the game.

I always find it humorous, I've seen this happen on numerous occasions where players exit from gate 4 by themselves and walk off. There are times that no one recognizes them, unless they all come out together or in bunches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    I hang out in the locker room after the game, usually you have one or two players leaving early, but the majority of them will take about an hour and a half to leave after the game.
    How do you manage to hang out in the locker room?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frings usually exits after the opposing team using the "secret" exit. And it's true, some players will leave and twice it's only been my friend and I that stopped and talked to them, even pre-game, nobody recognized Hassli :P

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakht View Post
    How do you manage to hang out in the locker room?
    I journalize for a living!