Mornin'

TFC TV

Canadian coach livid after loss to Americans

Canada Suffers Cruel Defeat In Semi-Finals

A historic performance

Jakovic key for Canada

TFC Related Blogs !!

SUNSHINE

And special thanks to Nerepis for stepping up to post Today's news,as promised I'll post them when I have access to internet and approval from boss(read wife).
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back and thanks D!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back d'!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bull NY Sporting Director Erik Solér has thrown down the gauntlet. He expects his team to perform and improve on the strides that have been made. It even sounds like he'll put his job on the line:

Solér did, however, have some time to talk to the media on Monday to discuss the bevy of moves the Red Bulls have been involved in during the last few weeks. And he opened up about why some of those decisions were made, while also setting a lofty goal for a New York team that is coming off back-to-back flat performances in road losses.

“I will be extremely disappointed if we do not win the whole way this season,” Solér told reporters on Monday. “I think the team is good enough, we have a great squad of coaches and people around the team, I think we have everything we need to win so I expect us to win this season. I do.

“We would really like to win the Eastern Conference first and then if we can get to the final, get to the Champions League, I would be happy with that because that’s a big achievement for the club,” he added. “Obviously, I’d like to win both the Supporters’ Shield and the [MLS] Cup. We need to start winning. It’s about culture.”

Solér mentioned that if New York fail to win anything this season, he would have to sit down and reflect on why things did not work out and then make decisions after that.
    But he also admitted that the Red Bulls are not necessarily done trying to improve their squad in the quest for their first MLS Cup.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-us-win-season

I admire his attitude. Solér and Backe have done a good job turning around the mess in New York. I'm glad Solér isn't interested in settling for just good. TFC could use a couple of guys like them to turn this ship around.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krew midfielder Kirk Urso has died. He was on the squad that played against TFC in March. RIP.

http://www.cleveland.com/columbus-cr...idfielder.html
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back, D. And thanks to Nerepis for the step up!

Get your Canada tix down below!!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BayernTFC View Post
    Red Bull NY Sporting Director Erik Solér has thrown down the gauntlet. He expects his team to perform and improve on the strides that have been made. It even sounds like he'll put his job on the line:

I admire his attitude. Solér and Backe have done a good job turning around the mess in New York. I'm glad Solér isn't interested in settling for just good. TFC could use a couple of guys like them to turn this ship around.
    Turn around??

There are alot of empty seats in the new stadium. Even the exhibition games versus European teams had a lot of empty seats. Its a good thing they're owned by Red Bull or they would not have some of the new shiny buildings.

IMO, New York, LA, and Toronto are examples that you cant just have a 2nd or 3rd DP and expect to be successful in the league. The 2nd and 3rd DP spots would be useful if the cap was a bit more than it is now. Right now it seems to be too big a price to pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    IMO, New York, LA, and Toronto are examples that you cant just have a 2nd or 3rd DP and expect to be successful in the league. The 2nd and 3rd DP spots would be useful if the cap was a bit more than it is now. Right now it seems to be too big a price to pay.
    Not sure I agree with you. LA won the league last year with 3 DP's, and this year both NYRB and LA look set to make the play-offs again. We're a poor example either way - regardless of DP numbers. We're just shit every year no matter what we do.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MLS Power Rankings - week 22

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...nkings-week-22

Our Reds are #18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^^ i like these rankings better, TFC at 15

but the comment made me laugh and cry

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/goal...0595--mls.html
    Last edited by London; 08-07-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Word is spreading fast about our new and awesome style of NO POSSESSION. Yeah, that'll sell tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Turn around??

There are alot of empty seats in the new stadium. Even the exhibition games versus European teams had a lot of empty seats. Its a good thing they're owned by Red Bull or they would not have some of the new shiny buildings.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue. How many TFC coaches have taken a last place team in the league and made them first place in their division in the following season? Solér and Backe took over from Juan Carlos Osorio's bottom of the table squad (15th of 15 teams in 2009), and won their division and guided RBNY to the playoffs in the following season (3rd of 16 teams in 2010). Barring a collapse, Solér and Backe should be 3 years in a row qualifying for the MLS playoffs. That's a pretty good MLS track record. It would be nice to see how they'd do in CCL.