Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so it's ok to use #marinerdidn'tgetshitdone after a loss??

because most of that was dreadfull to watch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First entire match I missed so far this season!

I'm not surprised at the result, but I'm not going to read much into it. Away points are few and far between in the MLS - the east leader Houston only have 3 wins on the road all season. So, 2 wins and 2 draws away from Mariner is pretty good. If TFC go 1 goal up away from home you can always expect them to bunker down, and for the home team to come out in the second half hungry for possession and a win - that's especially to be expected in the heavily home-advantaged MLS.

TFC appear to be taking the lead in these away games, which might not be working for them. Taking an easrly lead away in the MLS is always going to bring the home team on. Sometimes getting to half time level, then getting a second half goal is better in these games. I think in all but 1 away game under Mariner, TFC have taken an away lead, which is kind of strange and unusual in the MLS!

Meanwhile Houston seem to be on a crazy winning run, which is putting our loss to them last week in perspective a little bit! That's 5 wins in a row for Houston and 8 games unbeaten! That's some mid-season good form!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I want to be proved wrong. Here's my best guess going in

Score: Chicago 2 Toronto 1

Chicago Toronto
    14 Attempts on Goal 9
    46% Duels Won % 54%
    80% Passing Accuracy % 68%
    62% Possession 38%
    Instead of proving you wrong, can I just say you were wrong and ask people not to check my facts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post

I'm starting to wonder if Mariner might be sacrificed during the season seat renewal period. TFC has a lot of tough matches coming up against teams that are playing well and are either in the playoff hunt or are in comfortable positions in the standings.

Mariner has been in charge for a couple of months now. I'm sure other teams have now studied our 'system'.

I don't think a price freeze alone is going to be enough during renewal time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    we have the weed man sighting
    good sub. hassli wasn't effective at all
    weedman was even less effective, in fact detrimental

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    How Eric Avila does not get into our first 11 or at least as a substitute is beyond me.
    beyond you, me, and everyone but mariner

use it ... along with #dreadfultowatch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes!

Anyway, ugly game from a team playing ugly style of soccer. How fitting!

This transfer window has been a major fail and speaks volume and gives me enough reason now to get rid of Mariner and co. Mariner and co. manage to downgrade and kill our depth this transfer window instead of upgrading and adding more depth to this team. Plus you add Mariner awful use of subs, you got a team playing low quality of soccer. After this loss, our chances are pretty much done now. Time to play kids and start looking for a new FO who are on same page so we don`t have a divided FO.

#marinerdidn'tgetshitdone and #firemarinerandco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago Fire Toronto FC
    22 Attempts on Goal 8
    7 Shots on Target 3
    10 Shots off Target 5
    5 Blocked Shots 0
    3 Corner Kicks 3
    6 Fouls 17
    22 Open Play Crosses 8
    0 Offsides 3
    2 First Yellow Cards 0
    0 Second Yellow Cards 1
    0 Red Cards 1
    46 Duels Won 34
    57% Duels Won % 43%
    581 Total Pass 293
    86% Passing Accuracy % 73%
    66.1% Possession 33.9%
    Stats from last nights game. Thought the fact that they won more of the duels is telling. If I had to guess I'd say it's a result of being too anchored defensively and them quickly pressuring to get the ball back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised no one has crticized Frings performances lately, been somewhat disappointing imo

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuliCosmicum View Post
    Instead of proving you wrong, can I just say you were wrong and ask people not to check my facts?

Sadly, not too far off in those categories. Most depressing is that I got the score right. That was hard to watch despite Mariner being happy with their play at the half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Mariner might be sacrificed during the season seat renewal period. TFC has a lot of tough matches coming up against teams that are playing well and are either in the playoff hunt or are in comfortable positions in the standings.

Mariner has been in charge for a couple of months now. I'm sure other teams have now studied our 'system'.

I don't think a price freeze alone is going to be enough during renewal time.
    I expect nothing short of an MLS Cup winning coach at this point, if were going to can him im done waiting for managment to get a proven winner running the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame the game on Mariner. If this guy favors long balls, fine, but for crying out loud does this team have to do it literally every single time?

I agree when he said "possession is only important where you have it" but come on man, how do you expect to get into those "positions" playing like this?
    And than there were the subs. Lambe was rightfully taken off for having a horrendous first half. But to replaced by Hall made no sense. Than he does his traditional subbing of Henry for no apparent reason. Henry was winning every set piece, what a stupid mistake. and than Wiedeman, who makes no impact at all. Why not players like Amarikwa and use his pace?

When Emory got the first yellow, i said this guy was going to get sent off. If only Mariner could've known that.

Mariner also has to stop using stupid excuses for his loss. Mariner's excuse was that we "gifted" them both goals. Really Mariner? Really? WE gifted them goals? Did you even bother to look out ours? THATS a gift.
    Those kind of gifts won't happen everygame. You might wanna start working on like.. tactics and not luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are seriously just as bad if not worse under Mariner than Winter, only difference is that we're more clinical in our finishing i mean ffs look at the goal we scored yesterday, we can't be relying on shit like that every game (Johnson almost screwed up that chance as well, practically kicked right to the gk). We got rid of the few good players we had and brought in crap. Defending for 90 minutes playing hoofball is flat out a disgrace and embarrassing. U could get 11 amateurs and ask them to do the same thing. I mean 33% of possession... give me a break, and this is happening every game. Our passing accuracy is well behind every other team in the league despite the fact we make half the pass attempts of our opponents....

The subs last night was a joke. First off Lambe deserved to be taken off, he did f all, but u know there's a problem when u bring in a disaster of a player in Hall to replace him (heck we don't need guys like Soolsma or Plata, nope we need more cb's. we only have a 100 of those). Second sub Hassli, he didn't do much but then again when ur just chasing long balls it's hard to get involved, but again look who he brought in. Wiedeman will prove to be like a lot of our signings not good enough for the team, nm that i think he's not good enough for this league. Which leads me to the 3rd sub. Subbing off Henry for Maund. Unless Henry was hurt there was no reason to make this sub. He took out one good cb (yes Mariner he's a cb play him in his natural position ffs) and put on a crap cb in Maund who again i'm certain will leave because he's just flat out not good enough, he was marking the man that scored Chicago's second goal, and he was easily beaten to it.

Another thing to point out, i know people hate our defenders, but i think there not as bad as people make them out to be. Now i'm not saying their amazing because their not, but they have to be the hardest working defenders in the league simply the fact the midfield wins absolutely nothing, its a fucking joke. I'm not seeing the same Frings from last season winning a good amount of tackles, i see him and the oh so beloved Dunfield being run over constantly, u can relieve pressure of our defenders by winning tackles in the midfield but it never fucking happens. Midfield flat out doesn't exist when defending.

Season's done, time to play the kids and see what they can do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    This transfer window has been a major fail
    I agree with you on this.

Plus when you add in the fact that the winter transfer period was equally as awful, its no wonder this team is this bad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This site crash or what lol, much like our defense.
    really like the site was done it seems for 12 hrs??...frequently during games now...if there's problems info is appreciated,..and we'll adjust.....it's like watching the game,...low expectations
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one player to blame for the loss, Logan Emory needs to be removed for this new defender O'Day, and see what we can do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to get a new coach after this season is finished, Mariner style of play is a joke. For the past 3 or 4 games we gave our opponents like 60-70% ball possession.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Heath

TFC needs to sign Adrian Heath as our new coach, hes like another Martin Rennie except he plays a 4-5-1 which this team is capable of playing. He also has a record of winning many titles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is as always the defence, not just in the fact they can't defend but also in that none of them are comfortable on the ball so continually just hoof it. Until defenders are found who are more confident in possession, and we're not talking Beckenbauers or Baresis here, we will struggle. The fact is when we get the ball into advanced positions we actually pass pretty well, the problem is getting it there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    The problem is as always the defence, not just in the fact they can't defend but also in that none of them are comfortable on the ball so continually just hoof it. Until defenders are found who are more confident in possession, and we're not talking Beckenbauers or Baresis here, we will struggle. The fact is when we get the ball into advanced positions we actually pass pretty well, the problem is getting it there.
    There are a lot of problems. We have a lot of different areas where our team needs to be strengthened. For example: better DM than Dunfield, more consistent winger than Lambe. All brings me back to the transfer window and how we did a terrible job. Quite a few people need to be shown the door in the front office.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Eric Avila does not get into our first 11 or at least as a substitute is beyond me.

Logan Emory looked like he had a game that was beyond forgetful last night. He seemed to be on the wrong side of the man in every situation. Said it before, I'll say it again: can't expect to start that guy on the regular and win games. I hope O'Dea is going to take his place in the starting 11.
    ^ this,.. making sense,...that means this will never happen,..lol..we all tend to forget with our hopeful expectations, we are woefully short of 1rst team players and the FO loves to pretend different.....Emory was horrible on the miscue goal and ecks as usual wasn't patient and jumped the gun by leaving the post and the patient papas simply showed skill finding the hole btwn post and ecks....people love ecks for his 'enthusiasm but ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of problems. We have a lot of different areas where our team needs to be strengthened. For example: better DM than Dunfield, more consistent winger than Lambe. All brings me back to the transfer window and how we did a terrible job. Quite a few people need to be shown the door in the front office.
    When I eventually get around to calling my ticket rep that'll be my only grounds for renewing, a clearout of the FO incl Anselmi. Have to disagree about Dunfield though, he's turned it around, since Mariner has been in charge Dunfield has shown he does have a place in this league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    First entire match I missed so far this season!

I'm not surprised at the result, but I'm not going to read much into it. Away points are few and far between in the MLS - the east leader Houston only have 3 wins on the road all season. So, 2 wins and 2 draws away from Mariner is pretty good. If TFC go 1 goal up away from home you can always expect them to bunker down, and for the home team to come out in the second half hungry for possession and a win - that's especially to be expected in the heavily home-advantaged MLS.

TFC appear to be taking the lead in these away games, which might not be working for them. Taking an easrly lead away in the MLS is always going to bring the home team on. Sometimes getting to half time level, then getting a second half goal is better in these games. I think in all but 1 away game under Mariner, TFC have taken an away lead, which is kind of strange and unusual in the MLS!

Meanwhile Houston seem to be on a crazy winning run, which is putting our loss to them last week in perspective a little bit! That's 5 wins in a row for Houston and 8 games unbeaten! That's some mid-season good form!
    In perspective my ass, this team is NOT GOOD ENOUGH ! expect another loss in Columbus next week. Getting tired of all these excuses. Why settle for this? Look at Montreal, Look at Vancouver, this is ridiculous. It is beyond embarassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    We need to get a new coach after this season is finished, Mariner style of play is a joke. For the past 3 or 4 games we gave our opponents like 60-70% ball possession.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Heath

TFC needs to sign Adrian Heath as our new coach, hes like another Martin Rennie except he plays a 4-5-1 which this team is capable of playing. He also has a record of winning many titles.
    The problem is I think they are seriously considering bringing back Mariner...WOW....talk about blind !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    When I eventually get around to calling my ticket rep that'll be my only grounds for renewing, a clearout of the FO incl Anselmi. Have to disagree about Dunfield though, he's turned it around, since Mariner has been in charge Dunfield has shown he does have a place in this league
    Oh I think he can play in the league, but as a starter? Very difficult to justify.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I think he can play in the league, but as a starter? Very difficult to justify.
    agreed, NOT GOOD ENOUGH....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean19 View Post
    The problem is I think they are seriously considering bringing back Mariner...WOW....talk about blind !
    Mariner future will be decided by season ticket holders not ML$E now. If season ticket sales are down, then Mariner is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Mariner future will be decided by season ticket holders not ML$E now. If season ticket sales are down, then Mariner is gone.
    well, than, consider Mariner GONE...FINGERS CROSSED !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean19 View Post
    well, than, consider Mariner GONE...FINGERS CROSSED !
    Hope so. Get Mariner Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Face it, the team is simply not good enough... Houston and Chicago just showed us how wide the gap really is. We are no where near the MLS standard and apart from 3-4 players; there needs to be a wholesale change . Too many utility, squad players... not enough real quality out there: yeh, we love 'em but we gotta leave 'em!!!(out). Quality = consistency , and we have neither !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sherjill Macdonald is going to be strong for Chicago.....he has strong skills and is dutch...threating all night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Sherjill Macdonald is going to be strong for Chicago.....he has strong skills and is dutch...threating all night

this is precisely the problem I have with TFC ...Why not find some players ! LOOK ! during the transfer window they found 1 discarded injured DP from Vancouver and a backup keeper? WTF? Is that good enough? NO, it is not ! I see all these other teams finding/signing players and TFC continues to flounder....Just look at the Honduran Olympic team that has impressed, New England was smart enough to sign Bengston before the Olympics started, Martinez is on loan to Seattle, again just before Olympics started, not to mention Espinoza who was a Beast all tournament long belonging to K.C, WTF is wrong with TFC? Instead we are looking at trading for discarded DPS from other clubs and backup keepers....ARGGH! We deserve More !