Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    I responded, but the biggest issue with TFC is that they don't know how to change. Are they going to lower ticket prices in the south end? Are they going to put club before profit? Nope.

It's not about wins. The first two years were the best, and the team was crap. They think a couple of wins will bring back the fans who made their club what it is(was). They gouged, raped and pillaged. There's no email that fixes that.
    x2 agreed but the only way to get it back is to become a winner so we cannot give up ever
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bitched and moaned about the Stadium.

Put up a real sign that says its Canada's Soccer Stadium. Work with the CSA.

Put a few pics up. A large TFC crest at one of the gates etc.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to bring back Gategate there Billy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wont rest until its done.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I already gave my reason in my post. I remarked that the club is fully aware of our actual attendance numbers and the fact that it's been in a steady decline for a couple of years now. They are a business with declining sales, therefore they want to pinpoint why the decline i happening to create new policies and program to stop and reverse that trend. These surveys help them do that.

Now, as for not filling it out and advocating so, what sort of message does that send? Certainly nothing they can definitely work off or even use as some indicator of apathy because I guarantee - and this is something that needs to be highlighted - the large majority of TFC fans who get this in the mail will also NOT fill out their survey. You and a handful of others here declining to fill out the survey creates no special abberation or fluctuation in their final tally of who didn't respond. Nobody at TFC is going to come to the shocking realization that you intentionally declined to complete your survey to display your apathy toward the club.

Because there is no significant difference between 12000 non-respondents and 12100 non-respondents, to do nothing intentionally makes FAR less an impact than anything else. If people don't want to respond to the email and fill out the survey, that's entirely up to them and I'm not effected either way by it, but I assure you that nobody at the club is going to assume people are displaying their apathy by not filling it out because so many others won't be filing theirs out either. It's all a matter of math.
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Understood. I think I know something about how these work, you think you know something about how these work. It all comes down to how the data will be used.

We totally disagree.
    While I'm inclined to agree about response time with ensco and am not overly excited or anxious to let this new TFC marketing team how I feel I will fill out the survey if/when I get it. Why? Well first off I know I'm renewing so that a big part of it but also because it's still a vote for what I want. Whether they decide to appease me or muck it up as their predecessors did the last couple surveys if I don't participate I leave it up to them to try and get something right by chance. I just can't see that happening.

Also the apathy non-vote to make a stand is too much like not singing out of protest. No one can tell why your apathetic unless they are interwebz.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

Also the apathy non-vote to make a stand is too much like not singing out of protest. No one can tell why your apathetic unless they are interwebz.
    Not what I am saying. I am not suggesting an apathy non-vote. I am suggesting that not responding is a conscious act that is far more likely to achieve specific near term results, based on some knowledge of how surveys like this are actually used.

A significant fall in response rate will catch their attention and mean something to them, in a language that these spreadsheet-addicted, manipulative, know-it-alls speak, in a way that nothing else could.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not what I am saying. I am not suggesting an apathy non-vote. I am suggesting that not responding is a conscious act that is far more likely to achieve specific near term results, based on some knowledge of how surveys like this are actually used.

A significant fall in response rate will catch their attention and mean something to them, in a language that these spreadsheet-addicted, manipulative, know-it-alls speak, in a way that nothing else could.

Sorry. Long night, wrong terms. No one can tell IF you're just apathetic or doing it for a reason. In the stands it makes less sense to me then what you're proposing or sharing here about the survey but again I have to ask whether I trust them to improve with info I keep giving them or consciously, as you say, not respond and hope that scares them to do the right things.

Both responses are rolls of the dice IMO but I feel more comfortable with the survey. Your way does send a message though.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Both responses are rolls of the dice IMO but I feel more comfortable with the survey. Your way does send a message though.
    We understand each other.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ensco, after reading your posts and the debates you've had in this thread I think I understand your point. It is certainly not one that crossed my mind when I filled out the survey. They probably are more interested in response rate than in the actual response. However, in the off chance that after seeing the engagement level has dropped someone might bother to question why, I want my opinions to be available to them. As supporters we are not the typical customer of ML$E. We make up a small minority at the far end of the spectrum. Asking me if I am planning to renew is pointless. Of course I'll be back next year. There is almost nothing they can do to make me change my mind. I'm just that stupid; and I suspect there are many others on here as stupid as me. I understand that threatening to not renew is the strongest weapon I have but in reality I recognize it is an empty threat. Likewise, I understand your point that not filling out the survey might send a stronger message but I also think that ML$E would rather have 15,000 customers like me instead of the normal people who see a team that is consistently in last place and find better things to do with there time. I hope that some marketing guy is trying to figure out how to find more idiots like me instead of turning normal people into idiots. Obviously a winning team would solve all of their problems. However they either can't or won't make that happen. The next best thing is to get to know what the people who do show up like and give us more of that. Perhaps that is not how the real world works but what do I know? I'm still a fan of Toronto FC. Doesn't that show how out of touch with reality I am?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received a follow up call to discuss my survey... here's what came out.

I suggested a new board over the south end for the north end of the stadium, answer was the north end has sup holders instead of a scoreboard, and those in the north end would be upset if they took the cup holders away... hmmmm, not a very good argument as I don't believe you cannot have both, but I would bet a lot of the season ticket holders in the north end would trade them in if that's what was necessary. Segued into my next comment about beer prices nicely with "I stopped using mine because beer prices are too high", it was pretty apparent there is no argument there, so he went back to expansion, apparently there would be expansion with a second tier in the east end (in a few years) before anything is built over the south side.

When I pressed on prices, he did mention that they are "looking into" freezing ticket prices again, and wouldn't be surprised if hey do.

That's about all, I was called when I walked in the door from work yesterday so I was completely off guard, a bunch of thoughts came to mind after I hung up.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During my conversation with a rep I received the following info...
    1. They are talking about a price freeze for next three years
    2. A promotion where food and beverage will be half price for SSH if they arrive before game begins.
    3. Some other goodies? To be inc in season package

Not saying this is good enough just FYI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC/MLSE are one of those relationships where, when it should be about friendship it's about business, and when it should be about business, it's about friendship
    Well said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC/MLSE are one of those relationships where, when it should be about friendship it's about business, and when it should be about business, it's about friendship
    Woah. Nail on head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like my work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ripped them apart in the survey and said what lots of you said...and I indicated I DID NOT want a rep to call me to discuss this. Yup-They called.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here I thought they didnt want to hear from me.

It came in today...
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post
    I just completed a Season Seat Holders Survey that came in the email today. It seemed like the same survey they sent out last year.

There was a place to add comments on what would improve the experience. I suggested that they send us a TFC Card like a Tim Hortons card that could be used instead of tickets to be scanned into the stadium. It could also be loaded up with cash to swipe at the concession stands and it would automatically provide a SSH discount. It would be a green alternative to the printed tickets and it would be impossible for scalpers to sell. They would still have to allow the email printed tickets for when you can't make it to the game.

If you think this idea would work, please include it in your survey so the FO hears about it from more than one person.
    mlse dont care about scalpers...these so called brokers have gobbled up thousands of prime seats...these seats are paid for by these companys..take them out of the picture....and MLSE are stuck with thousands of unpaid prime empty seats....The way it stands the seats are still EMPTY but PAID FOR IN FULL ...same go's for leafs and raptors! As long as MLSE get there money....they dont care much of anything else
    Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 08-09-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    During my conversation with a rep I received the following info...
    1. They are talking about a price freeze for next three years
    2. A promotion where food and beverage will be half price for SSH if they arrive before game begins.
    3. Some other goodies? To be inc in season package

Not saying this is good enough just FYI
    But for me it's a good start. Number two may persuade the slow asses and fashionably late types to actually show up before half time. Maybe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    mlse dont care about scalpers.
    Actually now they are starting to. When BMO was a 100% sell out and there were zero walk ups available then they didn't give a shit about scalpers. Now that there are plenty of tickets available at Gate 1 and they are promoting the tickets in their newspaper ads , I have seen them send security out to chase away the scalpers who are selling the tickets for less than face value. Have also heard about a few actually being arrested. Now that it hurts them a little, they care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But for me it's a good start. Number two may persuade the slow asses and fashionably late types to actually show up before half time. Maybe.
    I hate being late to the start of a game, but it is really tough to make it to a seven oclock start in midweek from Newmarket, after working til five. The DonValley can be a nightmare, so a lot of us are late yeah, but it really pisses us off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the survey today. Having trouble to be arsed about it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh I didn't get one, not on my priority list, seems like you all got it handled. To the OP, TFC should do something similar to the Jays Pass. It has my name, my section, seat, row etc, and it is scanned at every game I go to. Its much easier to carry in wallet, then look for the tickets all the time in my house.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I literally just got my email this morning! Going to reply - and don't worry lads, I'm not going to be all nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I literally just got my email this morning! Going to reply - and don't worry lads, I'm not going to be all nice.
    Can someone tell us what it does to the validity of survey results to answer your own survey?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Can someone tell us what it does to the validity of survey results to answer your own survey?
    Very funny!

Although I'm currently stuck on the first question: In your opinion, what are the two or three key things that
    you would like improved upon with respect to your Season Seat experience?

I want to say something more than " a winning team" - as that will just promote them to try and get short term success! And I don't want to write "a roof" as that's clearly not going to happen!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote a roof. Though, I don't think I've felt a drop of rain this year. A winning team? They come and go ... though I think I put that in too ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished! Took me 45 minutes, I think I thought too much about it! I was frank though and didn't hold any punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very funny!

Although I'm currently stuck on the first question: In your opinion, what are the two or three key things that
    you would like improved upon with respect to your Season Seat experience?

I want to say something more than " a winning team" - as that will just promote them to try and get short term success! And I don't want to write "a roof" as that's clearly not going to happen!

Yeah, I was stuck on that question for a while too. I put a roof (or at least a long-term infrastructure plan for BMO that include a roof). And firing Mariner....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished! Took me 45 minutes, I think I thought too much about it! I was frank though and didn't hold any punches.
    Ah, you too said that your SSH experience would be improved by firing Tom Anselmi!

Firing Mariner? What, you'd prefer another guy who sits on the bench, and has no passion?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Ah, you too said that your SSH experience would be improved by firing Tom Anselmi!

Firing Mariner? What, you'd prefer another guy who sits on the bench, and has no passion?
    You missed that I said I wanted cheerleaders in bikini's! Or you were reading the wrong survey!