Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Just out of curiosity, of all the things anyone has put on a response to these, how many have been addressed? How many have actually, honestly, changed?
    The $64,000 Question!

of all the lower ticket prices, cheaper concessions, free parking, more freedom for the supporters, etc.. what's changed?

also a MASSIVE shout out to TFC john (how the fuck do i tag people?) the more i read your post the more it makes sense. that would've been fantastic for the seasons when scalping was a problem. maybe adding on that you can download printable tickets if you couldn't attend a game or something? you could easily track who downloads printable tickets every single game to see who was scalping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It must be a selctive survey targeted at the older SSH's. I've been a SSH for 2 years now and did not get a survey.

1) Personally I like the idea of the pay cards but think about the infistructure that they would have to install (think more $$$). Right now we can't even use debit or cc for transactions.

2) I might be in the majority but for what I pay (light greys) I'm OK with the pricing right now. Sure I'd love them to drop it but I'm realistic about the quantity of entertainment I get for my $.

3) Winning cures all. Thats what I want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    It must be a selctive survey targeted at the older SSH's. I've been a SSH for 2 years now and did not get a survey.

1) Personally I like the idea of the pay cards but think about the infistructure that they would have to install (think more $$$). Right now we can't even use debit or cc for transactions.

2) I might be in the majority but for what I pay (light greys) I'm OK with the pricing right now. Sure I'd love them to drop it but I'm realistic about the quantity of entertainment I get for my $.

Not sure if it was just to older SSH's. I have been one since season 1 and I did not get the survery either.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post

So, your disposable income is tied to winning? If these are the prices for losing, imagine....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked for an Iron gate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post
    I just completed a Season Seat Holders Survey that came in the email today. It seemed like the same survey they sent out last year.

There was a place to add comments on what would improve the experience. I suggested that they send us a TFC Card like a Tim Hortons card that could be used instead of tickets to be scanned into the stadium. It could also be loaded up with cash to swipe at the concession stands and it would automatically provide a SSH discount. It would be a green alternative to the printed tickets and it would be impossible for scalpers to sell. They would still have to allow the email printed tickets for when you can't make it to the game.

If you think this idea would work, please include it in your survey so the FO hears about it from more than one person.

I may even know somebody at a company that does just that...
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I responded, but the biggest issue with TFC is that they don't know how to change. Are they going to lower ticket prices in the south end? Are they going to put club before profit? Nope.

It's not about wins. The first two years were the best, and the team was crap. They think a couple of wins will bring back the fans who made their club what it is(was). They gouged, raped and pillaged. There's no email that fixes that.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    It's not about wins. The first two years were the best, and the team was crap. They think a couple of wins will bring back the fans who made their club what it is(was). They gouged, raped and pillaged. There's no email that fixes that.
    This man is wise.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pissed that you can get a cheese and bacon footlong dog but cannot get a cheese and bacon normal dog. I also don't like that I can only get one large beer at a time. The beer and hot dogs is the only thing that got me through the first half of the sseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheesed about cheese

story of the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by ecospice View Post
    I am pissed that you can get a cheese and bacon footlong dog but cannot get a cheese and bacon normal dog. I also don't like that I can only get one large beer at a time. The beer and hot dogs is the only thing that got me through the first half of the sseason.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecospice View Post
    The beer thing is liquor law related, not a stadium policy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received the survey but won't be taking the time to fill it out. A few weeks ago I sent in an e-mail about the outrageous marketing tactics being used and received a generic reply back. If they won't take the time to adequately answer my e-mail, why should I spend my time filling out their survey?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll know when TFC have hit rock bottom when they start making kids their primary target. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen next season.
    Success of this desperate tactic is the trademark pubescent shriek of the child filled cheer (found at raptor and american MLS games).

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can see it now... School day game!

Just like the Jays, Marlies and various junior teams do. Load up the bus with kids and it counts as a field trip.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still haven't received the survey yet... I think they got rid of the mac n cheese fritters at BMO, they were so good I renewed my tickets last yr! That really pissed me off and the new speakers are way too loud now.
    Plus what happened to all the free shampoo and pasta and razors that they used to give away in the 1st few seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    I can see it now... School day game!

Just like the Jays, Marlies and various junior teams do. Load up the bus with kids and it counts as a field trip.
    NYRB tried that earlier this month, and it was a total disaster. MLS site says there were 15,000 at the game, but looking at the highlights from the match and I could've sworn there were less then 10,000!!
    Last edited by spe18; 07-31-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Was it a school day?

I mean school is closed during the summer.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I responded, but the biggest issue with TFC is that they don't know how to change. Are they going to lower ticket prices in the south end? Are they going to put club before profit? Nope.

Agree 100%
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Why would you say this so emphatically?

I know something about the statistical use of customer surveys. If you want a price decrease, you are worse off, if you respond.

I obviously don't know for sure what they are doing with this, but here's a pretty educated guess: overall response rate, and how fast you responded, are likely the critical thing they are measuring. They compare it to last year and develop a relative "engagement" score. That's likely to have the biggest correlation to "likelihood to renew".

What you actually say in this survey, well, sure it could be put to good use by a management that cared, and it may make you feel better, but imho it doesn't really matter.
    I already gave my reason in my post. I remarked that the club is fully aware of our actual attendance numbers and the fact that it's been in a steady decline for a couple of years now. They are a business with declining sales, therefore they want to pinpoint why the decline i happening to create new policies and program to stop and reverse that trend. These surveys help them do that.

Now, as for not filling it out and advocating so, what sort of message does that send? Certainly nothing they can definitely work off or even use as some indicator of apathy because I guarantee - and this is something that needs to be highlighted - the large majority of TFC fans who get this in the mail will also NOT fill out their survey. You and a handful of others here declining to fill out the survey creates no special abberation or fluctuation in their final tally of who didn't respond. Nobody at TFC is going to come to the shocking realization that you intentionally declined to complete your survey to display your apathy toward the club.

Because there is no significant difference between 12000 non-respondents and 12100 non-respondents, to do nothing intentionally makes FAR less an impact than anything else. If people don't want to respond to the email and fill out the survey, that's entirely up to them and I'm not effected either way by it, but I assure you that nobody at the club is going to assume people are displaying their apathy by not filling it out because so many others won't be filing theirs out either. It's all a matter of math.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 08-01-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Understood. I think I know something about how these work, you think you know something about how these work. It all comes down to how the data will be used.

We totally disagree.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    Plus what happened to all the free shampoo and pasta and razors that they used to give away in the 1st few seasons.
    you must've missed the free Vaseline they gave away midway through the 0-10 start.......I, for one, loved the irony in that...........

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    I asked for an Iron gate.
    i demand the resurrection of the supporters gate thread!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll know when TFC have hit rock bottom when they start making kids their primary target. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen next season.
    Success of this desperate tactic is the trademark pubescent shriek of the child filled cheer (found at raptor and american MLS games).
    Absolutely agree. The exact idea someone in marketing who really does not understand their market or what marketing really is will think this is genius. We market to the kids now so they become customers in the future. Pure desperation and shows they have not taken the time to truly understand the soccer culture/market in this city.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    I still haven't received the survey yet... I think they got rid of the mac n cheese fritters at BMO, they were so good I renewed my tickets last yr! That really pissed me off and the new speakers are way too loud now.
    They gave away pasta at the last match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    you must've missed the free Vaseline they gave away midway through the 0-10 start.......I, for one, loved the irony in that...........

we needed that vaseline before the games had started, it might have made it a little less "rough"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    we needed that vaseline before the games had started, it might have made it a little less "rough"
    that's true.....but then again, it could be used for many results this year......no need for a specific one.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

greatest give away ever "mooozerella" , a certain long haired pretty boy from columbus would agree

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a follow up call today. Didn't pick up.

My first question to them would be - why are you calling me when I said I did not want a follow up call?

1) this is what happens when you low ball employees and pay them 20k a year.

2) can't the club get anything remotely right? I mean, this is no big deal, but ffs.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a follow up call today. Didn't pick up.

My first question to them would be - why are you calling me when I said I did not want a follow up call?

1) this is what happens when you low ball employees and pay them 20k a year.

2) can't the club get anything remotely right? I mean, this is no big deal, but ffs.

Same here, got a call today....told them I checked off box not to receive a call... I have nothing else left to say.....he said i must have checked the wrong box.....can I suggest DESPERADO

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    I too suggested this, along with lowering prices on food and beer.
    thats going to happen
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go