Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Season Seat Holders Survey

I just completed a Season Seat Holders Survey that came in the email today. It seemed like the same survey they sent out last year.

There was a place to add comments on what would improve the experience. I suggested that they send us a TFC Card like a Tim Hortons card that could be used instead of tickets to be scanned into the stadium. It could also be loaded up with cash to swipe at the concession stands and it would automatically provide a SSH discount. It would be a green alternative to the printed tickets and it would be impossible for scalpers to sell. They would still have to allow the email printed tickets for when you can't make it to the game.

If you think this idea would work, please include it in your survey so the FO hears about it from more than one person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To each his own, but if you are unhappy, I would recommend against filling out this survey. Response rate is by far the single most important metric in gauging interest.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    To each his own, but if you are unhappy, I would recommend against filling out this survey. Response rate is by far the single most important metric in gauging interest.
    Do you really think that's the best way to go?

I would think they welcome apathy as there is no reason to change then.

I think filling it out and telling them our displeasure may be a more effective way to go, especially if they don't know of our supporter group affiliation and think we are regular ticket holders.

Just my 2 cents
    Another summer of hope!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Do you really think that's the best way to go?

I would think they welcome apathy as there is no reason to change then.

I think filling it out and telling them our displeasure may be a more effective way to go, especially if they don't know of our supporter group affiliation and think we are regular ticket holders.

Just my 2 cents
    The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. Anybody who cares enough to give them a piece of their mind is probably coming back next year.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last year I filled mine out, and got a call the next week. The guy asked what could be done to improve the situation and got an earful from me for 10 minutes. I know he's a lower player in the organization, but he's making notes, and those notes will work their way up the chain.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    last year I filled mine out, and got a call the next week. The guy asked what could be done to improve the situation and got an earful from me for 10 minutes. I know he's a lower player in the organization, but he's making notes, and those notes will work their way up the chain.
    Boy, you are the eternal optimist

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't tell them what you like and what you don't like, how will they know what to change?

It's imperative to tell them what you DO like...even if it's something simple like having a supporters section.

Tell them you're OK with the beer change as long as you can get Stella, if you like.

Indifference is the enemy here.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filled mine out, probably the worst ratings I've ever given on a survey and that's not including the comments sections

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you are unable to attend matches, which of the following best describes what most frequently happens to your tickets? *
    You give your tickets to friends or family
    You sell your tickets to friends or family
    You give your tickets to business clients/partners/employees
    You sell your tickets to business clients/partners/employees
    Your tickets go unused
    You sell your tickets to a secondary market website or ticket broker
    You donate your tickets

they forgot one

I can't even give them away for free.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently I'm not getting a survey this year....

I thought every SSH got the survey?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As displeased as I am with how certain elements of the club have been run, I feel if you pass on the opportunity to have your voice heard it's the same as not voting then complaining about government.

If you're unhappy let them know where they can do better. If they get the same feedback from enough people hopefully they act on it. If they do then game day gets better. In the end that's what we all want. If I get the survey I'll take the time to respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post
    ... I suggested that they send us a TFC Card like a Tim Hortons card that could be used instead of tickets to be scanned into the stadium. It could also be loaded up with cash to swipe at the concession stands and it would automatically provide a SSH discount. It would be a green alternative to the printed tickets and it would be impossible for scalpers to sell. They would still have to allow the email printed tickets for when you can't make it to the game...
    I too suggested this, along with lowering prices on food and beer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Indifference is the enemy here.
    I'm tired of their new age, insincere, consultant-inspired playbook. They love to pretend to listen, to tell you that they understand, that they sympathize, that they really really really want to win. Just endless talk, then the meeting is over, and it's gone. You think you've been heard, but for them, it's like it never happened.

We don't just think this. We know this.

Ignoring them is the only way to get them to listen. Nothing else works.

Nuf said. I've got no beef with anyone who responds.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-30-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Apparently I'm not getting a survey this year....

I thought every SSH got the survey?
    I didn't get it either, although I find that TFC is pretty shoddy when it comes to delivering emails to me.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I responded.

Have been pretty negative in the past, more negative this year.

But like ensco says, ultimately, whether they listen or not... I don't think it makes a difference.

But like suds says, by responding, at least it allows me to bitch and moan that it doesn't make a difference. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    I didn't get it either, although I find that TFC is pretty shoddy when it comes to delivering emails to me.
    Nor did I!!!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're unhappy with how this team is being run, trust me when I say we are all much better off with you letting them know. Even if it's just to vent and get some issues off your chest (like what I pretty much ended up doing). The club is very much aware that they're not seeing the same number of people through the gates as they did years prior and they will scrutinize these surveys because of that. Do not assume that the club isn't aware of the fans general dissatisfaction.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather than asking people why they come, perhaps they should be asking people why they don't.

Performing a sort of "exit interview" with those who don't renew might help.

It looks like I'm not getting one, but I'd be telling them I hate the DJ by the food building, and the loud pre-game music. For some strange reason, I actually like chatting with the people I go to a game with, both before and after a game.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    Perfect example of feedback they need. I don't mind the the DJ. What's annoying is at times they have music cranked to the point you cannot talk to anyone. Background tunes on a sunny day enjoying a pint is great. But ultimately I'm there for footy. Not for the DJ to try and impress everyone with their skills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    If you're unhappy with how this team is being run, trust me when I say we are all much better off with you letting them know.
    Why would you say this so emphatically?

I know something about the statistical use of customer surveys. If you want a price decrease, you are worse off, if you respond.

I obviously don't know for sure what they are doing with this, but here's a pretty educated guess: overall response rate, and how fast you responded, are likely the critical thing they are measuring. They compare it to last year and develop a relative "engagement" score. That's likely to have the biggest correlation to "likelihood to renew".

What you actually say in this survey, well, sure it could be put to good use by a management that cared, and it may make you feel better, but imho it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by ensco; 07-31-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know something about the statistical use of customer surveys. If you want a price decrease, you are worse off, if you respond. Overall response rate, and how fast you responded, are likely the critical thing they are measuring. They compare it to last year and develop a relative "engagement" score. That's likely to have the biggest correlation to "likelihood to renew".

What you actually say in this survey, well, sure ot could be put to good use by a management that cared, and it may make you feel better, but imho it doesn't really matter.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

While I could just be another person repeating the same things many people have likely said (your prices are foolish, your marketing is a joke and killing support, you've killed interest and your attempt at building a club is lost and laughable at best with the current structure)...they don't need to read that for the 1000th time.

They've ruined an opportunity here in Toronto and it would take immense work to reacquire the folks who used to pack that stadium in the early years. They have soured the market and I doubt MLSE is even willing to do what it takes to bring them back. It's just not within the organizations beliefs to do what I think is needed. Adequate pricing, SSH perks...I mean real quality perks, proper management (Anselmi goes nowhere no matter what we want, the clusterfuck of Directors of Technical Waterbottles and VP's of Throw-In's aren't going to change either)....it's just not going to happen. Massive change is needed, but I don't believe MLSE would go that route, so why waste my time telling them what I think?

I can't wait for the "new ownership" speech during renewals in the fall on about how much is going to change though. Some Rogers and Bell suit sitting at a desk telling us "we're committed to turning things around and making it right"...and a slouched over Tommy A just nods in agreement, casually glancing over at his golf clubs parked by the exit.

Lastly on the note of response rate being everything, I think it can't be stress enough that it's important. My business, who's been either a top 50 or 100 workplace in Canada for about 15 years now, couldn't get the response rate required to be included in this year's ranking. That's what 3 years of terrible raises and no bonuses will do. People stopped caring about the company and they are pretty livid about the fact that they couldn't get a measley 60% to respond.
    Last edited by ryan; 07-31-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't got the survey yet. Although the question posted about resell tickets makes me think they are exploring one of the perks that other teams offer, a true ticket exchange.

If you can't go to a game, you can trade in your unused tickets on extra tickets to games you can go to. Small perk but given the emptiness of the stadium, no excuse not to offer it.

For me, I want prices lowered to the MLS average, approximately $200 to $750 discount on a pair depending on the location. $450ish in the North Stand. That would get me thinking.

Add Anselmi out of the organizational structure and then I'd renew. Without those two, there will be a pair available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They won't get rid of Anselmi, but probably just promote him.

I am hoping a drop in the price of my tickets - I currently pay $1,900 for a pair in dark greys. I own another pair in dark greys (which I am giving up next year-so hard to sell) and a pair in supporters (keeping those). I if they drop the price to $1,750 for the pair (just under an 8% drop), I would be happy. Anything else would be gravy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tired of their new age, insincere, consultant-inspired playbook. They love to pretend to listen, to tell you that they understand, that they sympathize, that they really really really want to win. Just endless talk, then the meeting is over, and it's gone. You think you've been heard, but for them, it's like it never happened.

We don't just think this. We know this.

Ignoring them is the only way to get them to listen. Nothing else works.

Nuf said. I've got no beef with anyone who responds.
    I have to agree with ensco on this one... (speaking on the other side of the fence being a consultant, lol). Not all companies use the playbook with the intention to actually make a change, but rather going through the motions so that the stakeholders perceive them as 'implementing a change'.

The only way to assess the truth is to observe what one organization actually did over time, not what they said over time (which can mean either they don't want to, or they are utterly incompetent). By that observation over the last 5+ years... I need to reach for top shelf whiskey to cope with the depression... lol

edit: or embedded the true objective of the survey in a long comprehensive survey to get 'unbiased opinion' on the key responses. other responses are just ignored when the group that's providing stats/report collate the date to give to the management
    Last edited by pekduck; 07-31-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    They won't get rid of Anselmi, but probably just promote him.

I am hoping a drop in the price of my tickets - I currently pay $1,900 for a pair in dark greys. I own another pair in dark greys (which I am giving up next year-so hard to sell) and a pair in supporters (keeping those). I if they drop the price to $1,750 for the pair (just under an 8% drop), I would be happy. Anything else would be gravy.
    Just as an FYI, you pay about $750 more than the MLS average ticket price for a pair in that vantage point.

With the 8% decrease you are asking for, you'd still be paying $600 more than the average.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Just as an FYI, you pay about $750 more than the MLS average ticket price for a pair in that vantage point.

With the 8% decrease you are asking for, you'd still be paying $600 more than the average.
    goddamnit...ML$E

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone care to post the SSH survey on here?

i agree with ensco, indifference sends a powerful message. on the flipside it's like a bad falling out with a friend having them send you a "i know i did something wrong, but i don't know what" email. either route makes sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    it's like a bad falling out with a friend having them send you a "i know i did something wrong, but i don't know what" email
    TFC/MLSE are one of those relationships where, when it should be about friendship it's about business, and when it should be about business, it's about friendship

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would argue the feedback is good. You have to remember, its easy to feel ignored on surveys like this, but the really angry and upset people probably make a small percentage. The apathetic are growing and probably won't respond at all, then there are probably a high amount of people that will remain somewhat neutral and just decide when they get the bill if they think they will renew.

My experience with marketing and metrics from things like this are, they will only rate things that are extremely negative or extremely positive. Ensco brings up a facinating point about response time and retention though.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't respond.
    Ask any salesperson.........a mad person is still talking to you. It's the ones that won't even pick up the phone or meet with you that are really worrisome.

Just out of curiosity, of all the things anyone has put on a response to these, how many have been addressed? How many have actually, honestly, changed?
    Last edited by cmonyoureds; 07-31-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: grammar