Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    My issue was with the commentators. In no way shape or form will Ashton Morgan be the best defender in the league. The guy who made that statement couldn't pronounce his name right.

I like Morgan, but his IQ and decision making leaves a lot to be desired. But he's young, and you can't teach speed or heart.
    The 'E' is silent. It's pronounced Ashton not Ashtone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The 'E' is silent. It's pronounced Ashton not Ashtone
    The Concacaf TV guy spiced it up as Ash Town. Sometimes he used patois and called him Ash Tawn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    A couple of thoughts. RE CD Aguila's travel woes: that was obviously not planned that way. They missed the connecting flight in Miami on Tuesday, otherwise they would have been here Tuesday evening. They will be pissed if TFC flies a direct chartered plane again to the return leg in El Salvador, like TFC have done for previous games in Central America. Not sure where that game will be held -- I heard it won't be at CD Aguila's home stadium, but at some larger stadium. Maybe easier to get to for TFC? Anyway, with a chartered plane, they may have some flexibility where they can land.
    Possibly, but it won't be the first or last time away in CONCACAF that the visiting team is forced to fly into an inconvenient location. Didn't this happen to TFC in the CL a couple of years ago? Instead of flying into the city we were playing in, we were made to fly into a city that was a 10 hour bus ride away? Pretty sure something like that happened to us

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Real Esteli match TFC had to fly into Managua then bus to Esteli, a couple hours away. This will be similar to that scenario, they will have to fly into San Salvador then bus to San Miguel. Also about 2 hours away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of thoughts. RE CD Aguila's travel woes: that was obviously not planned that way. They missed the connecting flight in Miami on Tuesday, otherwise they would have been here Tuesday evening. They will be pissed if TFC flies a direct chartered plane again to the return leg in El Salvador, like TFC have done for previous games in Central America. Not sure where that game will be held -- I heard it won't be at CD Aguila's home stadium, but at some larger stadium. Maybe easier to get to for TFC? Anyway, with a chartered plane, they may have some flexibility where they can land.
    We've got a flight down the day before, 5 hours direct, Toronto to San Salvador. Leaves at 10:45am, arrives at 2pm. Quite nice, actually. Two hour bus ride can't be too rough. Course, I'm not running for 2 hours the next night.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Possibly, but it won't be the first or last time away in CONCACAF that the visiting team is forced to fly into an inconvenient location. Didn't this happen to TFC in the CL a couple of years ago? Instead of flying into the city we were playing in, we were made to fly into a city that was a 10 hour bus ride away? Pretty sure something like that happened to us
    Yes, I remember that. I believe there was a closer airport but they weren't allowed to land there. However, with a direct chartered flight, at least they don't have to deal with missed connections & related delays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I remember that. I believe there was a closer airport but they weren't allowed to land there. However, with a direct chartered flight, at least they don't have to deal with missed connections & related delays.
    I think this was the Motagua match, and it was a TFC decision to land their charter at a different airport further away. The wanted to avoid this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_z5HtME9n8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else that attended last night's game have a problem with their printed tickets being rejected? We got there early and about 6 different groups of us had printed tickets that were rejected by the scanners. The ticket master people didn't know what to do and had us waiting for about 20 minutes. A guy from BMO came over and said just show the ticket to the people scanning and go in. Sorry I didn't get the guys name but he was the only intelligent employee there. As if six different groups of people got together to try and fake tickets for a game that had less than 5,000 there. I know they claim 5,000 plus but I guessed it at half that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoPat View Post
    Anyone else that attended last night's game have a problem with their printed tickets being rejected? We got there early and about 6 different groups of us had printed tickets that were rejected by the scanners. The ticket master people didn't know what to do...
    BMO guy just ripped off the necessary bit from us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    BMO guy just ripped off the necessary bit from us...
    Guess they finally came up with a plan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The should absolute take a charter for the above reasons. Also less hassle in the airport I'd think (no lining up at the Air Canada counter). I'd suspect it would be a much lower stress method of travel.

It's a competitive advantage, so we should be taking it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Trying to move him out if rumors are true, so he doesn't want to risk injuring him. I like him, and would like to see him stay, but he is one of the very few players that we have that likely has some trade value within the league, so if it happens, I'll reserve judgement until I see who comes in.
    maybe its salary! but if not this is stupid considering weideman is a less talented player than Avila.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    maybe its salary! but if not this is stupid considering weideman is a less talented player than Avila.
    Avila is worth every penny he gets and more

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoPat View Post
    Anyone else that attended last night's game have a problem with their printed tickets being rejected? We got there early and about 6 different groups of us had printed tickets that were rejected by the scanners. The ticket master people didn't know what to do and had us waiting for about 20 minutes. A guy from BMO came over and said just show the ticket to the people scanning and go in. Sorry I didn't get the guys name but he was the only intelligent employee there. As if six different groups of people got together to try and fake tickets for a game that had less than 5,000 there. I know they claim 5,000 plus but I guessed it at half that.
    The game was dull. So I counted. 2890 give or take a hundred out taking a crap. I'll never make fun of the Dayton Dutch Lions FC ever again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    The game was dull....
    Really? You prefer a defensive battle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holly shit, I had not idea this game was on. NONE. wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    For the Real Esteli match TFC had to fly into Managua then bus to Esteli, a couple hours away. This will be similar to that scenario, they will have to fly into San Salvador then bus to San Miguel. Also about 2 hours away.
    I just found out the return match will be in San Salvador. No long bus ride!!