Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What kind of 'Supporter' are you?

After reading so much negativity towards a team that this board has been dedicated to, I pose a genuine question to ALL... what kind of supporter are YOU?

This in a battlefield, and is not meant for everyone to attack each other.

I am home-town, Toronto for Life, win, lose or draw. I will stand by and support this club through all the turmoil. I will forever be optimistic, and give the team a chance to show improvement in times of change. I sometimes watch with a heavy heart at disappointing results, but I cheer the fact we HAVE a team to cheer FOR. Mistakes have been made, and more will follow. My support, is unconditional.
    Last edited by jasonbanks; 07-26-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me be first. I'm sure this is in everybodys top five with recent times. I'm a heartbroken supporter.
    With that said, loyal to this club, does that also make me a stupid supporter?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    Let me be first. I'm sure this is in everybodys top five with recent times. I'm a heartbroken supporter.
    With that said, loyal to this club, does that also make me a stupid supporter?
    Making an investment with continual loss is stupid. Sports is NOT an investment, a fan is not an investor, and anyone who pays for tickets should not be thinking they are investing in anything. This club will continue to evolve, and I shall be in the stands through it all. I do not follow the belief loyalty is stupidity.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's absolutely an investment, but of time and emotion, not money. When fans and supporters are not invested in the team (emotionally), the results don't matter - it's a lovely day in the sun, maybe with some beer and some decent soccer to watch. Fans with some investment in the team care about the results and feel the joy and pain of the results.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything you said except optimistic. We live in Toronto, optimism and sports will get you no one. Instead, I recommend pessimism and any success that comes afterward is a bonus! In all seriousness though, my passion for TFC is borderline dangerous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread reminds me of this song:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only true supporter's don't make fun of official TFC timepieces.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before somebody suggests it, jasonbanks and myself are not the same person!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Before somebody suggests it, jasonbanks and myself are not the same person!
    That's exactly what T-Banks would say. You're suspect!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    That's exactly what T-Banks would say. You're suspect!
    Tom Bankselmi?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'd say I am more a supporter/fan of soccer and Toronto than I am of TFC. You could actually say that I follow/support TFC (or any Toronto team be it the Marlies, the Leafs, the Raps, the Rock, the Jays or the Argos) by default since this is my home town. But I do hold TFC closer to my heart than any of the other Toronto teams because I LOVE soccer.

My level of interest usually depends on the success of the team but there is always interest, and there will always be interest regardless of anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sing Toronto Til I Die. So far every year the team has given me plenty of reasons to test whether I am serious about that and yet I am still saying it. No way do I have the same level of enthusiasm as Season I but wins still thrill me and losses devastate me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say this, if I spoke my true feelings on this I would get banned.

I will also say this, I love football, I love Toronto. I do not love MLSE and the current TFC FO. I can thank MLSE for bringing a team to Toronto, and some great moments and some solid players, but not much else. Almost everything else in regard to MLSE management of this club has been an embaracment to football and to the city.
    Last edited by trane; 07-27-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I will say this, if I spoke my true feelings on this I would get banned.

I will also say this, I love football, I love Toronto, I do not love MLSE and the current TFC FO.
    Ah, but the key point is that you care what happens, even if you are furious with how things are going. There are tons of people, formerly who did care, who are now indifferent or not paying any attention (those people probably not here to read this). The big question is if those folks will ever come back. Some might say they shouldn't/fuck them, but I'm not of that view.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the type of supporter who shouts obscenities at opposing players and when they make eye contact, i act like it was the guy beside me.

Unconditional support for MLSE teams is like having Stockholm Syndrome. It can't be healthy.
    Last edited by Gazza; 07-27-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Ah, but the key point is that you care what happens, even if you are furious with how things are going. There are tons of people, formerly who did care, who are now indifferent or not paying any attention (those people probably not here to read this). The big question is if those folks will ever come back. Some might say they shouldn't/fuck them, but I'm not of that view.
    I think they would if the club changes, but the changes have to be fundamental.

I hope that happens one day.
    Last edited by trane; 07-27-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Follow along faithfully, blindly, asking no questions, if you care to do so.

That's not for me.

I'll cheer for this club regardless of the situation, but I believe it should be run thoughtfully and intelligently, with the ultimate goal of winning in mind.

While the club accepts my adulations, I think they should also listen to my grievances. More than in any other sport I think there is a two-way relationship between club and supporter.

I think this type of support is especially important with an ownership like MLSE. Without constant reining-in, MLSE will squeeze as much out of this club as it can, while providing nothing significant.

Simply turning up, cheering on the team, and purchasing concessions will only enable this.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm a "critical supporter".
    I'll watch the games and cheer for the boys when they are playing well. But I have no problems voicing my displeasure with something happening on the pitch.
    but I will always try and give credit where it's due.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are millions of shades of Support and it's an ongoing miracle that any of us come together and agree on any part of it. Sometimes we're quick to place others in a simple pigeonhole of one or the other.

I'm glad this conversation has been civil and hope it remains so.

I'll always try to celebrate the Support we share in common

ALL TOGETHER
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Follow along faithfully, blindly, asking no questions, if you care to do so.

That's not for me.

I'll cheer for this club regardless of the situation, but I believe it should be run thoughtfully and intelligently, with the ultimate goal of winning in mind.

While the club accepts my adulations, I think they should also listen to my grievances. More than in any other sport I think there is a two-way relationship between club and supporter.

I think this type of support is especially important with an ownership like MLSE. Without constant reining-in, MLSE will squeeze as much out of this club as it can, while providing nothing significant.

Simply turning up, cheering on the team, and purchasing concessions will only enable this.
    This is the view of many supporters, both who are still here or have left, for one reason or the other. DO be honest I stay around in hope that I can be a voice for these, in as positive a manner as possible (for me at least).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Dad had season tickets to Toronto Blizzard, him and I would sit at Exhibition Stadium and watch Football and were devestated when that team and league came crashing down.
    When TFC were announced as an expansion in the MLS I jumped at the chance to support a team again in Toronto.
    I have stuck by them through thick and thin, (more thin), I am a devouted supporter of the team and players, yes I have booed at certain times, but cheered more often than not. I will not give up my support and seats, There are often times I hear supporters saying they will pack it in and get casual tickets as opposed to ST's, that is there choice and respect that.
    I wear my jersey around town proudly. I can't wait for game day,I get pissed off if I am late for kick-off, it is a ritual for me.

Upset and disappointed in MLSE ownership and management? I would be lying if I said I was not, TFC needs a passionate ownership.

I hope to hear us loud and proud on game day, let's not give up our passion and stick to our boys on the pitch.
    I will always be one of 'THOSE TFC SUPPORTERS' you would always hear talked about, how they were rowdy and ready to take anyone on who would scoff at our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best damn pet shop (oops, I mean supporter) in town!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm at a cross roads.

I will not be renewing my season tickets. I'm not prepared to pay a premium to the club to do it. Holding a season ticket holds no value anymore. I am upset that I have allowed them to exploit me and others. From ransom packs to "loyalty pricing policies" to the highest prices by vantage point... I hate it and by buying it, I enable it.

I do intend to get to as many games though as I did/will this year.I will buy tickets from supporters for the games that I can attend, instead of being stuck with tickets for games that are scheduled on days with conflicts (eg. kids' soccer).

I will sing for the players, even Terry Dunfield. However, I am pissed at the lack of resources and vision that will see us only attract, develop and bred middle of the road performance and players.

Not sure where this classifies me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One word:
    Part-time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto until i die..... but sometimes the Delije can write it so elegantly:

English Translated to: You (The team) are not deserving of fans like us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love this team to death but hate the people running it. MLSE has been fairly generous in terms of spending on the team (academy grounds, mulitiple DP's) but it infuriates me they let the team be destroyed by the INCOMPETENT LYING SACKS OF SHIT IN THE FRONT OFFICE. YEAH IM TAKING ABOUT YOU ANSELMI COCHRANE AND BEIRNE.
    Last edited by Stryker; 07-27-2012 at 04:51 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Relja View Post
    Toronto until i die..... but sometimes the Delije can write it so elegantly:

English Translated to: You (The team) are not deserving of fans like us

but in the same time see signature
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are a supporter by definition you are loyal and in it for the long haul. When things are at their worst you rally around the club. You are not a detractor or they would call you that. I understand as a supporter we are emotionally engaged and we get frustrated, but in the end we are Red's for life. That is me as a supporter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was banned from this board for getting into a debate where my point was to give Mariner a chance (funny, that was before we tied our 2008 best win streak). Once I had three references to getting ass raped by MLSE thrown my way by a moderator I responded somewhat harshly (I don't believe the moderator was so much as told to cool it with the ass rape references, never mind banned).

This board is completely negative, and if you aren't negative you're spoken too like you're an idiot.