Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Referee of the MLS all-star game: Baldomero Toledo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    quote from article:

The Japanese used their Barcelona-like ability to hold onto the ball and dominate proceedings, forcing the Canadians to chase shadows.

While Japan was always moving off the ball and pressed furiously to regain possession when it was lost, Canada remained stagnant as though they had feet of clay. For all the talk about Canada needing to establish its physical presence, it's clear they lack the basic technical skills of elite women's soccer nations such as Japan.
    That was painful game to watch. Seeing how Japanese played makes me think if TFC ever stuck to 4-3-3, how much better we will be in the long haul.

Indeed, one of the longstanding criticisms of this Canadian team is that it relies far too much on forward Christine Sinclair to supply the goals. Opponents know that if you shut down the Canadian captain, Canada's attack grinds to a halt.
    Kind of like current TFC team under Mariner that relies on Danny K before he went down? lol

Women's team and TFC (under Mariner) are so alike. Getting results from mediocre and bottom tier teams, but fail to take it to next level and beat a top tier team. While majority of fans are happy remaining mediocre instead of demanding better soccer.

You can seriously change word "Canadian women team" to TFC in the article.
    Last edited by TFC07; 07-26-2012 at 07:12 AM.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    quote from article:

Kind of like current TFC team under Mariner that relies on Danny K before he went down? lol
    Like the second half against Colorado last week?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Like the second half against Colorado last week?
    Colorado is a shit team. Second half was impressive for TFC standards, but nothing special to brag about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado is a shit team. Second half was impressive for TFC standards, but nothing special to brag about.
    at least we are beating shit teams, unlike the AW era where we couldn't beat shit

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ If we continue comparing everything to the absolutely dismal results under Winter, especially at the beginning of this season in MLS... then even shit will look golden. We shall see how things look longer term especially against top teams -- and does the team keep improving or is this just a new-manager bounce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjones View Post
    at least we are beating shit teams, unlike the AW era where we couldn't beat shit
    True, but we should be beating shit teams based on our payroll and resources alone (TFC has 3rd highest payroll in MLS). TFC is currently under-performing and type of soccer TFC is playing now isn't going to work in long term and help TFC to become MLS and CONCACAF champions. If you watch women game yesterday, you can see why AW tried to establish 4-3-3 possession game. It's hard to beat! AW wasn't right coach for the team, but it doesn't mean we need to restore to typical 4-4-2 and get rid of some of your best technical players.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Mariner will be on the The Soccer Show with Nigel Reed tonight at 8 on the Fan, later on SNW. fyi.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    mornin d
    #Marinergetsshitdone!!

Fookin LOVE it Scooter !!!

question. . . thinking about opening a strip joint called
    THE PELT ROOM.

I assume I can count on the RPB for support?
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    ^ If we continue comparing everything to the absolutely dismal results under Winter, especially at the beginning of this season in MLS... then even shit will look golden. We shall see how things look longer term especially against top teams -- and does the team keep improving or is this just a new-manager bounce.
    Well according to Big Stooge we are ready for EPL.

Tom Anselmi (@TomAnselmiMLSE)
    2012-07-23 9:42 AM
    What a great weekend. Proving ourselves to be on a par with Liverpool Soccer Club. Shows how far we've come under Paul Mariner.

Can someone please get him(Anselmi) out and far away from TFC,ASAP?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    THE PELT ROOM.

As long as it's not The Twisted Pelt, I'd be OK with that.

And...if TFC ever jumps the shark and gets cheerleaders, that you put in a competitive bid to provide them.

After all, it's completely legal for a woman to go topless in public in Ontario.

YSA would be the least of Don Garbers problems.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ ohhh Tom, your comments just continue to prove you know jack shit about anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quote from article:

That was painful game to watch. Seeing how Japanese played makes me think if TFC ever stuck to 4-3-3, how much better we will be in the long haul.

Women's team and TFC (under Mariner) are so alike. Getting results from mediocre and bottom tier teams, but fail to take it to next level and beat a top tier team. While majority of fans are happy remaining mediocre instead of demanding better soccer.

You can seriously change word "Canadian women team" to TFC in the article.
    I was going to say the same thing yesterday. You're bang on. Canada's women's team has relied on being physical. Now that the world has caught on to women's football, the technical aspect of a lot of countries men's teams is transferring to their women's teams too. Already Canada looks like a laggard here. Same thing is going on in MLS. TFC are already being left behind in terms of style and formation because we hired this guy whose best results (as an assistant coach) came when the league had 10 teams and 8 of them made the playoffs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured I would post this in here instead of creating a thread for a simple question. TFC is advertising their Community Practices and I want to take my kids on Monday. Does anyone know what time they start? They seem to have left that little tidbit off the advertisement on the TFC website. Thanks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    ^^^ ohhh Tom, your comments just continue to prove you know jack shit about anything
    REMINDER: That Tom Anselmi Twitter account is still fake.

EDIT: But yes Tom Anselmi should be as far away from TFC as possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but we should be beating shit teams based on our payroll and resources alone (TFC has 3rd highest payroll in MLS). TFC is currently under-performing and type of soccer TFC is playing now isn't going to work in long term and help TFC to become MLS and CONCACAF champions. If you watch women game yesterday, you can see why AW tried to establish 4-3-3 possession game. It's hard to beat! AW wasn't right coach for the team, but it doesn't mean we need to restore to typical 4-4-2 and get rid of some of your best technical players.
    first off, TFC isn't currently underperforming, point to me where that is the case. second, how do you know that PM's way of playing won't work in the long term...you have a fucking crystal ball too?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

THE PELT ROOM.

Depends on the quality of ladies

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

first off, TFC isn't currently underperforming, point to me where that is the case. second, how do you know that PM's way of playing won't work in the long term...you have a fucking crystal ball too?
    there is always a chance is could work, but if you look at football around the globe and watch teams that are playing a more possession style game, they are the ones that are dominating the sport.
    Not saying dump and chase won't win a game or two, but possession based game is what is winning more often all around the world.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 07-26-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    there is always a chance is could work, but if you look at football around the globe and watch teams that are playing a more possession style game, they are the ones that are dominating the sport.
    Not saying dump and chase won't win a game or two, but possession based game is what is winning more often.
    this is a different league than any around the world...i think PM has a grasp of what type of player and what type of soccer style it takes to win in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joey you naughty boy, the I hate 4-4-2/Mariner thugs will get you, just kidding on the thugs bit.
    I think TFC are performing better because they are scoring goals and winning games as compared to not scoring goals and losing, that is kind of a Black and White analogy, but that is how I see it right now, will it continue? I don't have a crystal ball, let's see what happens. Roll on TFC, see all on Saturday, cheering for another win, and enjoying as always!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a different league than any around the world...i think PM has a grasp of what type of player and what type of soccer style it takes to win in MLS.
    MLS teams are adopting possession game as well. Same can be said about top NCAA soccer teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#Marinergetsshitdone!!

Fookin LOVE it Scooter !!!

THE PELT ROOM.

New rules on stripper work permits will make this a hard start up.

Dom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well according to Big Stooge we are ready for EPL.

haha that's definitely a fake account "eah"!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS teams are adopting possession game as well. Same can be said about top NCAA soccer teams.
    still doesn't indicate how TFC ends up in the future under PM, or whether PM has the ability to adjust the style of play based on necessity. possession game does not = 4-3-3, you can play possession game in many different configurations...fact is, TFC is currently performing at a reasonable ppg avg, not to say that will last forever but it is a good start. if results wane and PM can't figure out how to adjust, then you have an argument...for right now, your assumption that PM's style of play won't work in the future is baseless..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    New rules on stripper work permits will make this a hard start up.

Dom

just head to your local high school and hand out flyers on "how to pay for your college education" just like the other clubs did

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL you guys got trolled by the fake Anselmi Twitter
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still doesn't indicate how TFC ends up in the future under PM, or whether PM has the ability to adjust the style of play based on necessity. possession game does not = 4-3-3, you can play possession game in many different configurations...fact is, TFC is currently performing at a reasonable ppg avg, not to say that will last forever but it is a good start. if results wane and PM can't figure out how to adjust, then you have an argument...for right now, your assumption that PM's style of play won't work in the future is baseless..
    PM has shown he can't adjust and his tactics have been questionable (why play Henry as a RB while Eck plays a CB?) while failing to get a CB which he had 18 months to do.

Well have fun watching and enjoying short term success playing type of soccer that isn't going to win championships. If you watch women game yesterday (as an example), you would understand why there are people like me questioning direction where TFC is going in long term. (Candian women teams plays similar style to what current TFC team plays while Japan plays type of soccer that MLSE sold us before firing AW that they wanted us to play and build a culture around it).

FYI: TFC hasn't done a good job playing possession game beside Colorado game.
    Last edited by TFC07; 07-26-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PM has shown he can't adjust and his tactics have been questionable (why play Henry as a RB while Eck plays a CB?) while failing to get a CB which he had 18 months to do.

Well have fun watching and enjoying short term success playing type of soccer that isn't going to win championships. If you watch women game yesterday (as an example), you would understand why there are people like me questioning direction where TFC is going in long term. (Candian women teams plays similar style to what current TFC team plays while Japan plays type of soccer that MLSE sold us before firing AW that they wanted us to play and build a culture around it).

FYI: TFC hasn't done a good job playing possession game beside Colorado game.
    Just like how Colorado played and WON the cup 2 years ago?