Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    This was said of Rinus Michels (the guy who invented Total Football):
    Although there were doubts about Michels' technical skills, team members like Cor van der Hart and Captain Joop Stoffelen were enthusiastic about his strength and heading capabilities. Indeed Michels was characterized for his hard work rather than for his technical qualities.
    But you got understand players (kids and their parents) POV. Dunfield isn't some soccer genius or player that players think highly as a soccer player. Academy main objective is to develop players. What credibility does Dunfield have to gain respect and trust from these kids and their parents?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://wap.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/...hitecaps coach

Speaking of coaches, every time i read an article about Robbo in Vancouver, i keep wishing he was coaching in toronto. Classy man who would teach the lads so much about how to he a professional player
    Yeah he can teach us how to turn ball over in midfield and how to pass the ball blindly. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy F--- Guys give it rest, Dunfield may not be the best player in the world, nor was JDG ( useless piece of S---. You all cheered your asses off when Dunfield WON THE GAME for TFC against Vancouver, great corner from Frings. I guess people have to make a mockery of everything don't they.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Holy F--- Guys give it rest, Dunfield may not be the best player in the world, nor was JDG ( useless piece of S---. You all cheered your asses off when Dunfield WON THE GAME for TFC against Vancouver, great corner from Frings. I guess people have to make a mockery of everything don't they.
    I always cheer for TFC no matter who's playing and managing team, but it doesn't mean we can't criticize management and players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    But you got understand players (kids and their parents) POV. Dunfield isn't some soccer genius or player that players think highly as a soccer player. Academy main objective is to develop players. What credibility does Dunfield have to gain respect and trust from these kids and their parents?
    you really can't judge a coach by his playing skills. As they say - those who can't do, teach!

Jose Mourinho (never a great footballer), Sven Goran Errikson never played above league two in sweden, Villas Boas never actually played professional football, Avram Grant also never played professional football, and many more have gone on to be top class managers without having any skill to speak of. You don't need skill to teach. Soemtimes you just need to be an inspiration to young minds. Dunfield seems like an enthustic type of guy, so you never know, that might make him a good coach!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    you really can't judge a coach by his playing skills. As they say - those who can't do, teach!

Jose Mourinho (never a great footballer), Sven Goran Errikson never played above league two in sweden, Villas Boas never actually played professional football, Avram Grant also never played professional football, and many more have gone on to be top class managers without having any skill to speak of. You don't need skill to teach. Soemtimes you just need to be an inspiration to young minds. Dunfield seems like an enthustic type of guy, so you never know, that might make him a good coach!
    But you missing point here. Academy is about developing players more than winning. Since TFC has made major investment in their academy program, you would think they will take it seriously and have people running academy who know a thing or two. Does Dunfield strike you as someone who has soccer IQ and vision? Does Dunfield give kids and their parents confidence and trust?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you missing point here. Academy is about developing players more than winning. Since TFC has made major investment in their academy program, you would think they will take it seriously and have people running academy who know a thing or two. Does Dunfield strike you as someone who has soccer IQ and vision? Does Dunfield give kids and their parents confidence and trust?
    You need a balance of coaches at youth level really, not "only" football IQ type of guys. You also need enthusiasm, and worldly knowledge (which Dunfield does have, even if it is just going to play in the UK!). I personally aren't going to knock Dunfield as a youth coach until he's been tried and tested. And I thought of two more coaches who never played professionally - Wenger and Houllier!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Are you telling people to give the mocking a rest and then calling JDG a useless piece of shit in the same post?

Lol

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree!

Dichio was able to pass the ball and read the game well. He actually had a good first touch with ball too. Plus he actually had experience playing higher top tier soccer in Europe.

My brother and I used to joke about Dichio never playing a forward pass. He'd go several games before doing it. We were actually astonished in one game when he did it twice!

Dichio was all elbows, too. No quarter asked, nor given. It was obvious when opposing defenders had gone up against him.

Yet he was, and remains, a gentleman off the field. A hard worker.

Dunfield was with the Canada U20 and U23 teams in 2000-2003 and yet worked hard enough to get into the senior team in 2010.

Given this, his obvious desire to carry on in the game after he hangs up his boots, and I think he deserves a chance.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always cheer for TFC no matter who's playing and managing team, but it doesn't mean we can't criticize management and players.
    Yea I know.lol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Danny Dichio was never a technically gifted player, yet he's the head of the u18 academy!
    Dichio has UEFA A License and played in EPL and Seria A, to compare Dunfiled with DD is apples and oranges in every aspect of the game.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Dichio has UEFA A License and played in EPL and Seria A, to compare Dunfiled with DD is apples and oranges in every aspect of the game.
    as a player yes...but you have no idea how the comparison between the two w/r/t coaching will be..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God damn that was frustrating to read....holy f$&?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio is also 6 years older than Dunfield (who also played in the EPL). Will Dunfield get a chance at TFC like Dichio did? Maybe, and maybe not.

But both of these guys are journeymen, professionals, who love the game. Dichio played in the EPL and Serie A, Dunfield in the EPL and for his national team.

As for being used to "sell the academy", if Dichio hadn't scored "that goal", then few would remember him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess we can expect another All Star goal from a TFC Legend tonight. Good luck De Ro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News from Danny

Danny Koevermans is only mid-August surgery on a torn anterior cruciate ligament. The doctors in North America want the striker his first knee can bend 120 degrees.

Koevermans ran his severe injury ten days ago. "I am this morning at the doctor and he expects me about three weeks so far are," says the 33-year-old attacker on the website of Sports Promotion.

Koef can not be bothered. "The important thing for me is that I will one hundred percent fit again can return to the field. This year is over for me anyway. I focus on the new season in Toronto."

The veteran was with nine goals in sixteen races in good shape for the Canadian formation, but is now long on the side. "The estimate is six to nine months. But everything that I can shorten grab. That seems logical to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    News from Danny

Danny Koevermans is only mid-August surgery on a torn anterior cruciate ligament. The doctors in North America want the striker his first knee can bend 120 degrees.

Koevermans ran his severe injury ten days ago. "I am this morning at the doctor and he expects me about three weeks so far are," says the 33-year-old attacker on the website of Sports Promotion.

Koef can not be bothered. "The important thing for me is that I will one hundred percent fit again can return to the field. This year is over for me anyway. I focus on the new season in Toronto."

The veteran was with nine goals in sixteen races in good shape for the Canadian formation, but is now long on the side. "The estimate is six to nine months. But everything that I can shorten grab. That seems logical to me
    For those of you struggling to know what the fook that meant I've translated it into Hungarian.

Danny Koevermans csak augusztus közepén operálták meg egy szakadt elülső keresztszalag. Az orvosok Észak-Amerikában szeretné, hogy a csatár élete első térd könyök 120 fokot.

Koevermans futott a súlyos sérüléssel 10 nappal ezelőtt. "Én vagyok ma reggel az orvosnál, és ő számít nekem, körülbelül három hét eddigi," mondja a 33 éves támadó a Sport Promotion honlapján.

Koef nem lehet zavarni. "A legfontosabb dolog számomra az, hogy én majd száz százalékig fitt ismét visszatérhet a területen. Idén véget ér a számomra egyébként. Én összpontosítani az új szezon Torontóban."

A veterán volt, kilenc gólt 16 versenyen jó formában a kanadai formáció, de most hosszú oldalán. "A becslés hat-kilenc hónap. De mindent, amit lehet rövidíteni markolóval. Ez logikusnak tűnik számomra

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(SSG) says her dream guy is tall, toned and tanned.
    And blind!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    For those of you struggling to know what the fook that meant I've translated it into Hungarian.

Danny Koevermans csak augusztus közepén operálták meg egy szakadt elülső keresztszalag. Az orvosok Észak-Amerikában szeretné, hogy a csatár élete első térd könyök 120 fokot.

Koevermans futott a súlyos sérüléssel 10 nappal ezelőtt. "Én vagyok ma reggel az orvosnál, és ő számít nekem, körülbelül három hét eddigi," mondja a 33 éves támadó a Sport Promotion honlapján.

Koef nem lehet zavarni. "A legfontosabb dolog számomra az, hogy én majd száz százalékig fitt ismét visszatérhet a területen. Idén véget ér a számomra egyébként. Én összpontosítani az új szezon Torontóban."

A veterán volt, kilenc gólt 16 versenyen jó formában a kanadai formáció, de most hosszú oldalán. "A becslés hat-kilenc hónap. De mindent, amit lehet rövidíteni markolóval. Ez logikusnak tűnik számomra
    Brilliant! I almost snorted beer when I read that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post

Funny though i can actually read that

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u guys are all full of shite terry dunfield is a great guy and would make a great coach cause he is a grinder and may not be that technically talented but gives it all on the pitch and should be able to motivate players
    till u step up and coach so we can improve our canadian players shut the fook up
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An absolute travesty that Terry Dunfield isn't in this All Star game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    An absolute travesty that Terry Dunfield isn't in this All Star game!
    Definitely needs more Dunfield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the all stars beat chelsea 3-2

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjones View Post
    as a player yes...but you have no idea how the comparison between the two w/r/t coaching will be..
    DD coached my son few year back together with C.Robinson,so I know one out of two,watching the other one play I'm glad he will never coach my kid.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    DD coached my son few year back together with C.Robinson,so I know one out of two,watching the other one play I'm glad he will never coach my kid.
    you like to think you know everything, when in fact you have no idea what dunfield would bring to the table.
    keep up the good fight guy, you must have a crystal ball. funny though, you will continue to preach about something
    you have no idea about...fact is, you have no idea what dunfield the coach will be, you are clouded by your hate of PM and the changes he has made. I love DD, but people who follow English football looked at him as a failure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jose Mourinho had a playing carear of 7 years, most of it in 3rd division sem-pro leagues. He is now considered one of the best coaches/Managers in the world, there are many more examples of this. Lets not rush and make a judgement, unless you know dunfield inside out you wont know his football IQ off the field. As a player he obviously lacks the skill necessary to execute. Im not saying he would be awsome but lets not be quick to judge.