Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Paul came in and it was like a breath of fresh air," Dunfield told sportsnet.ca

I think most of us could see that by the players play, attitude, and results...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about Dunfield being the key to the future, LOL, but he did offer up this interesting comment...

The midfielder noted that Winter's dismissal is one the players were all accountable for, and that there was no foul play in Mariner's appointment.
    "He was definitely behind (Aron Winter) in what he wanted to do, there were no knives in his back," Dunfield stated.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd headline, but the article shows that Mariner is doing a brilliant job of taking what he has and making the most of it. A massive part of coaching is getting the most out of your players and knowing how to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as for dunfield's own plans, he has his eye on helping the canadian squad in their bid to qualify for the 2014 world cup in brazil and to continue plugging away in toronto's midfield. He wants his career to go beyond playing though.
    "i've got all my (coaching) badges now. there was an opportunity to coach in the academy, but it's difficult with so many games in our schedule," dunfield said.

wtf?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Odd headline, but the article shows that Mariner is doing a brilliant job of taking what he has and making the most of it. A massive part of coaching is getting the most out of your players and knowing how to do that.
    Agreed.

But this is Mariner's team since he's one signed these players. So there shouldn't be any excuses for Mariner.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It also interesting the comment about Plata. He had a tough time with the notion that he had to battle for a spot. Guess he still has to grow up a bit in terms of that. Welcome to the world of soccer. You would think players would have that battle for a spot mentality by the time they got to that level. Senior players should have been coaching him on that. Maybe they were...who knows.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    wtf?! [/font][/color]
    When Jimmy B moved up to assistant I think Terry was looking at that opening and wondering if he could do that job and still play.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite a shit show in Philadelphia. Not referring to All-Star Game. Nowak's lawsuit against PUFC is an airing of dirty laundry on a proportion that makes me wince, even considering what we've been through. I'm sure MLS and USSF are going to want the PU owners to make this lawsuit go away as quickly as possible, despite the firm ground they had to dismiss Nowak. Can't see Nowak getting a top job in MLS ever again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Quite a shit show in Philadelphia. Not referring to All-Star Game. Nowak's lawsuit against PUFC is an airing of dirty laundry on a proportion that makes me wince, even considering what we've been through. I'm sure MLS and USSF are going to want the PU owners to make this lawsuit go away as quickly as possible, despite the firm ground they had to dismiss Nowak. Can't see Nowak getting a top job in MLS ever again.
    Can you post some links? I'd love to read this

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Best of luck to our Canadian women as they begin their Olympic schedule today! Tough group though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hello. I'd like to welcome all the parents and players of the upcoming 2013-2014 TFC Academy season.

I'd like to introduce Terry Dunfield as a new coach for the academy. He's been brought in to teach your boys how to become proper professional footballers and impart his skill and knowledge to make them better players."

Insert the sound of doors slamming and crickets chirping.

WTF is wrong with this club man?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll take Terry's words with a grain of salt. He was one of the players who greatly benefited from the coaching change. Would love to hear what a player of Koevs, frings or ecks has to really say about the change.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I'll take Terry's words with a grain of salt. He was one of the players who greatly benefited from the coaching change. Would love to hear what a player of Koevs, frings or ecks has to really say about the change.
    I'm just going to take a wild guess here but I would say you would be hard pressed to find any player who wouldn't echo Dunfield's sentiments.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really interesting to see the details of Nowak's contract. I always wanted to read one of those. It even specified a $200k bonus for winning the Club World Cup. Thanks for posting the article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no comment about Lampard in TFC red it'd be nice to see... http://www.mlssoccer.com/all-star/20...e-best-fit-mls

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunfield as a coach. Not much diff in experience than Danny or Jimmy when they started.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Wow...
    Fuck off NY!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    I'm just going to take a wild guess here but I would say you would be hard pressed to find any player who wouldn't echo Dunfield's sentiments.
    Kind of Agree with you. I don't think other players will be throwing Mariner under the bus and say it was a bad move. But at the end of the day Dunfield will have nothing but praise for the change. Again, he is one of the few players who has benefited greatly from the change. Someone like Koevs would be more inclined to say it for what it is - great for the results, but not make it seem like it's the best thing to happen since sliced bread for the team. Team is playing shit soccer, but getting results. Again - good for results, but not so much good for the soccer.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 07-25-2012 at 11:16 AM.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the best coaches and managers (in any sport) weren't the greatest footballers in the world. Take a look at the playing careers of Bob Paisley or Alex Ferguson. There is no hint there of the great managers they would become.

Dunfield has had the foresight and interest to go and get the certifications that he needs. Good on him.

His efforts to carry on in the game he so obviously loves should be applauded, not mocked.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Some of the best coaches and managers (in any sport) weren't the greatest footballers in the world. Take a look at the playing careers of Bob Paisley or Alex Ferguson. There is no hint there of the great managers they would become.

Dunfield has had the foresight and interest to go and get the certifications that he needs. Good on him.

His efforts to carry on in the game he so obviously loves should be applauded, not mocked.
    Academy isn't all about winning, it's about developing players (main reason). Reason why Dunfield is being mocked because he doesn't have soccer IQ and skills as a soccer player. So how can kids respect and take someone like Dunfield seriously especially we're trying to develop players to play more technical and attacking soccer (4-3-3)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Academy isn't all about winning, it's about developing players (main reason). Reason why Dunfield is being mocked because he doesn't have soccer IQ and skills as a soccer player. So how can kids respect and take someone like Dunfield seriously especially we're trying to develop players to play more technical and attacking soccer (4-3-3)?
    Danny Dichio was never a technically gifted player, yet he's the head of the u18 academy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Danny Dichio was never a technically gifted player, yet he's the head of the u18 academy!
    I disagree!

Dichio was able to pass the ball and read the game well. He actually had a good first touch with ball too. Plus he actually had experience playing higher top tier soccer in Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see this one going either way.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't underestimate the ability of really bad former professional soccer players to be great coaches. Guys who can stick in a league for a long time, despite not being the very talented tend to be able to communicate the ins-and-outs of things to their players a lot better than natural talents, who often take for granted how easy the game is for them compared to most. That being said, Dunfield doesn't exactly strike me as the type. He's all-effort no-brain out there. I'd be more willing to bet someone like Ante Jazic, who still plays in MLS at 36 would be successful at this type of role. He relies on a lot more than just his work-rate.

The other thing that bothers me is that TFC continues to breed this culture of nepotism and back-scratching. Oh what loyal player you have been to the club Dunfield, playing here barely more than a year, why don't you have a coaching job? This kind of stuff has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Dunfield as a coach. Not much diff in experience than Danny or Jimmy when they started.
    True, but in the end these are all patronage appointments. With the exception of Danny Dichio they are un-earned. Next thing you know Terry Dunfield is going to be put up on the wall of honour.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-25-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Kind of Agree with you. I don't think other players will be throwing Mariner under the bus and say it was a bad move. But at the end of the day Dunfield will have nothing but praise for the change. Again, he is one of the few players who has benefited greatly from the change. Someone like Koevs would be more inclined to say it for what it is - great for the results, but not make it seem like it's the best thing to happen since sliced bread for the team. Team is playing shit soccer, but getting results. Again - good for results, but not so much good for the soccer.
    FWIW, Koevermans already said earlier in the year that he would rather play ugly and win

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was said of Rinus Michels (the guy who invented Total Football):
    Although there were doubts about Michels' technical skills, team members like Cor van der Hart and Captain Joop Stoffelen were enthusiastic about his strength and heading capabilities. Indeed Michels was characterized for his hard work rather than for his technical qualities.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://wap.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/...tecaps%20coach

Speaking of coaches, every time i read an article about Robbo in Vancouver, i keep wishing he was coaching in toronto. Classy man who would teach the lads so much about how to he a professional player