Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    that game today was so boring. who would spend money on this
    Lol but but fans will come once we start winning bunch of games.

I guess fans had enough and want better and attacking soccer that we were promised since beginning of last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it scary but not supprising we only have 4 pages in a "PRE/IN/POST GAME" thread. I miss the days of having seperate threads for each every game, if this is any indication i think the apathy ship has long sailed away.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, lackluster but boys generally played well.

Only change I would have made is keep RJ and Silva pairing and have Avila in.

The lack of leadership up top showed, hopefully Hassli will be able to address that.

To those calling for Mariner's head... STFU guys. You actually want to replace this guy? He is amazing, he obviously listens to players and the team loves him.

Was defo a quiet day, hard to get excited about that match though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Meh, lackluster but boys generally played well.

Only change I would have made is keep RJ and Silva pairing and have Avila in.

The lack of leadership up top showed, hopefully Hassli will be able to address that.

To those calling for Mariner's head... STFU guys. You actually want to replace this guy? He is amazing, he obviously listens to players and the team loves him.

Was defo a quiet day, hard to get excited about that match though.
    End of the season, ML$E is going to listen to customers (aka fans especially season ticket holders). If enough fans make noise and speak with their wallets, then I can see ML$E getting rid of Mariner and co. to save themselves especially from their new owners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    End of the season, ML$E is going to listen to customers (aka fans especially season ticket holders). If enough fans make noise and speak with their wallets, then I can see ML$E getting rid of Mariner and co. to save themselves especially from their new owners.
    How about we oneup that and ask Bell/Rogers for a complete overhaul of MLSE and executives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess out of the "19000" fans there, 10000 were probably free tickets, I sat at 224 today and mostly everyone there is casual people that doesn't even know how soccer works, and doesn't know any chants. I can see that all of 224,225,226 is mostly given out as free tickets.

Anyway, I think Mariner subbing out Henry and Emory was ridiculous, where was Avila and Stinson, why would you put in 2 defenders while losing 1-0. Mariner said the first goal from Houston was the dagger but actually the second was due to stupid substitution from Mariner.

Where was Hassli, I thought he was ready to start for todays game?

I don't care if it's ugly 1950 hoofball or technical total football, as long as we win i dont give a shit, but todays outting was absolutly boring

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    But why would you want Mariner gone? I don't get it, he is getting results, he is a good coach, if he is able to continue to build in the offseason I think we can do VERY well with him at the helm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was my first ever tfc game...I must be the only person who enjoyed myself then!? Wasn't the best game but it was fantastic to get back to watching live soccer again. I felt, in my noobish opinion, it was obvious TFC was missing it's main striker, they seemed to lack any real ideas in the final third that a good forward would bring, is the new signing up to Koevermans level? Also is he the third 'DP' and if not will they be signing one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Are you Irish or actually Joseph N'Do? Just seems like an odd name to pull out of the air otherwise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to side with the guys that believe Danny K has made Mariner look good. I don't think he's a good coach at all. Those 2 subs he made at the end of the game were stupid. This game was by far the most boring game I've witnessed at BMO field. Even the few games we won under Mariner, it was not attractive or fun to watch... This old school UK long ball game may be the reason I will not renew my seasons next year... I don't think I can hack it. Evolve with the game Pauly.

If I had it my way, I would have had Winter stayed on as Director of Football and had BDK as coach. Hopefully one day BDK or Rongen takes over...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missed the go train took a cab---50$
    2 Big beers----------------------28$
    Train back home-----------------9$
    Cab ride back-------------------16$
    1 Pizza Slice--------------------6$
    1 TFC TICKET--------------------41$

150$ to see a shit show------renew my SS NO WAY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A disappointing result no doubt, but PM has had a pretty decent string of recent results. It's too easy to keep calling to fire the coach. We were clearly lacking up front. Silva was non existent in the position he played. I thought that Eks played pretty good most of the time. I didn't have a good feeling about this game from the beginning, and unfortunately things didn't go our way. Time for CCL now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get it, when Winter loses 9 games in a row, everyone is like fire him ASAP, now we fired him, we introduce the old school hoofball + we are getting decent results, everyones like fire Mariner. I don't know if changing coach every season will help the team, it didn't seem like it worked in the past six years. At the end of the day we are part of a bush league, I actually don't expect more than old school hoofball, honestly I think ppl here is just piss off because of the value of our ticket compare to the performance they give out. I think we shouldn't say fire Mariner but rather say fire the FO!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    ^ Are you Irish or actually Joseph N'Do? Just seems like an odd name to pull out of the air otherwise.
    Ha, no, I'm Irish and merely a big fan of the legend himself. Are you Irish yourself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Ha, no, I'm Irish and merely a big fan of the legend himself. Are you Irish yourself?
    No. I've seen Joseph N'Do play a few time for the Bohs. I glad to hear you enjoyed the game. Is N'Do still playing? He must be getting up there (in professional football terms.)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

- Post coach bump
    - TFC was bound to win some matches with or without Winter
    - teams they beat were also struggling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    It's too easy to keep calling to fire the coach.
    it's no easier than it is for MLSE to hire the first guy who walks in the door after they fire the previous coach and give him the keys to do whatever the fuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those people wondering why some of us are such cynical bastards, let’s just say it’s a bit like ground hog day. We’ve seen coaches replaced before, the glimmer of hope that usually lasts a decent number of results, and then the subsequent drop off that ends in oblivion.

While there’s always SOME way to be negative about just about any coach, most of the candidates we’ve brought in have had nagging issues coming in and those traits eventually repeated themselves over the long run. Mo Johnston didn’t exactly have a glowing track record coming in… that certainly continued onward. Preki was such an asshole that it was rumored the Chivas players threw a party when he was let go… he wasted no time making friends here. Aron Winter was every other MLS foreign coach flameout in history… yep.

And Paul Mariner? well it’s no secret that some people think he’s too old school to get the job done. He’s a carbon copy of more than a few managers who have been released by their MLS clubs in the past couple years… including his former boss.

While there’s certainly a way to spin some positive in what’s happened over the past while, I think more than a few of us have been conditioned to be skeptical until proven otherwise. Given what we’ve gone through I don’t think MLSE should be giving us any more managers that have questions marks next to their name. We should be pulling out all the stops to bring in people we can all be confident in… but that hasn’t happened.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There sure are a lot of new accounts being created lately. Is it the greatness of Terry Dunfield bringing in new support to this site or something else?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Mariner and various media scribes say Toronto FC = Liverpool FC

and Houston Dynamo > Toronto FC

is Houston Dynamo > Liverpool FC?

And by the same logic

If Chelsea = FA Cup and UEFA Champions

And MLS All Stars > Chelsea

Is MLS > the FA and UEFA ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand the criticisim for the second half but I thought they played great the first half but for Dunfields gaff that gave them the goal. Dont understand the calls to sub Weiderman ethier. The guy offers nothing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"one of the best strikers around" - Mariner, Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know folks , but to me it looks like TFC lacks in mid to forward play creation . TFC seems to play more reaction and strict zone position and hopes an opportunity to grind forward .

Would be nice to see some team plays that rely on anticipation and knowing of one another to create mid to forward drives on net .

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why wouldn't we want Weiderman ?

"He’s one of the best finishers I’ve seen in the modern era and I’m looking for him to really take the bull by the horns and take this opportunity.” - Paul Mariner, July 13th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a shit show of a game but why should I expect anything better from this sad organization. I have endured almost six season of garbage as a season ticket holder and this will be my last season as a season ticket holder. I can not take anymore from this very sad organization. I can't see why anyone in their right mind would want to renew for next season. From the people I know who have season tickets not one of them is renewing and these are all die hard soccer fans. The stadium is looking emptier and emptier as the season goes on , can just imagine how worse it will look next season, I guess that's what 6 seasons of crap will do to the fan base. It really is sad to see something that was once the talk of the town go down so quickly what a pity!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Why wouldn't we want Weiderman ?

"He’s one of the best finishers I’ve seen in the modern era and I’m looking for him to really take the bull by the horns and take this opportunity.” - Paul Mariner, July 13th
    He's probably talking in terms of MLS...I would imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    You joking?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    But why would you want Mariner gone? I don't get it, he is getting results, he is a good coach, if he is able to continue to build in the offseason I think we can do VERY well with him at the helm.
    Two things

a) Any decent GM/President is going to want their own man in their. Like it or not, Mariner is now an Anselmi man.

b) There is significant doubt in his ability/willingness to attract the talent necessary for TFC to move forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was shocked not to see Avilla in the starting 11, and seeing amirikwa(?).. Would Avilla be considered a Winter guy? If so, the only reason I see him sitting is because we plan on moving him out. I read on a board that trades are still permitted, so maybe a CB?

Wonder how much Avilla thinks of PM being a player coach?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    He's probably talking in terms of pints