Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok...wtf the fuk...fifa wont allow liverpool players who played at euro 2012 play against TFC...4week layoff rule or something.....but Ashley Cole gets the go ahead against PSG tonight?.....i think the FIFA ban was bullshit from the start!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was a good game .

It gave the guys a great experience , nothing wrong with a bit of fun now and then , specially when we look at the season that we have had so far .

The boys are doing there best trying to save the season , let them have a bit of fun .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    TFC could have gotten clobbered by Chicago this weekend and that could have resulted in injuries due to this rediculous MLS schedule. But instead, us suckers paid too much to get a taste of LFC and the youngsters got a good run out. I had a great time. So have fun bitching since I know you have to get your money's worth... Oh wait, I forgot . Most of you paid nothing to watch the match and even less to bitch on this board, that I help pay for.

I went to the game a the last minute, got a $40 seat and really enjoyed it actually. The kid beside me who was probably in his early 20s has played soccer his entire life, and has never gone to a TFC game. Reminded me of how much still needs to be done to really build the sport here and TFC's fan base. If it takes bringing in a team like Liverpool to get a kid like that to watch TFC and hopefully peak his interest, I say why not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a great time at the match yesterday, except for the fact that it felt like I was cheering for TFC at a road game.

I was very impressed with the quality of our Academy players. They acquitted themselves much better than I expected against Liverpool's reserves in the second half.

I think Camargo and Pasher are definitely future graduates to the first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The kid beside me who was probably in his early 20s has played soccer his entire life, and has never gone to a TFC game. Reminded me of how much still needs to be done to really build the sport here and TFC's fan base. If it takes bringing in a team like Liverpool to get a kid like that to watch TFC and hopefully peak his interest, I say why not.
    Agreed . Its like the TFC doesn't get the coverage deserving of a proffessional sports team by our local media .
    Hope I am wrong but that's the way it seems . But to be honest with you , MLS is the only sport that I follow now a days , I love it !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I had a great time at the match yesterday, except for the fact that it felt like I was cheering for TFC at a road game.

I was very impressed with the quality of our Academy players. They acquitted themselves much better than I expected against Liverpool's reserves in the second half.

I think Camargo and Pasher are definitely future graduates to the first team.
    I agree. Some of the kids have better skills than a lot of the first team players. It was great to see them play, as I never get the chance to.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTory View Post
    Cann wasnt on the field for the goal. Perhaps you meant harden.
    yes he was .....watch the replays.....just came on before...saw it on a slow moe close up
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    yes he was .....watch the replays.....just came on before...saw it on a slow moe close up
    No he came on after the goal - Harden was pulled for him.
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guy everyone is assuming was Cann was Roberto Galle #34, who complete duffs that challenge at the start of that play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That guy everyone is assuming was Cann was Roberto Galle #34, who complete duffs that challenge at the start of that play.
    Yes, that's what I said earlier. The guy who screws up twice before the Liverpool goal is Roberto Galle, I can even see the name on his jersey on the replay when I watch it full-screen; #34 as mentioned above. Adrian Cann is #12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why was there no tfc banner up at the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the game a the last minute, got a $40 seat and really enjoyed it actually. The kid beside me who was probably in his early 20s has played soccer his entire life, and has never gone to a TFC game. Reminded me of how much still needs to be done to really build the sport here and TFC's fan base. If it takes bringing in a team like Liverpool to get a kid like that to watch TFC and hopefully peak his interest, I say why not.
    If he can't be "arsed" to go to a cheap game at BMO in 5 years but he can get to a one off, wildly overpriced, meaningless game at Skydome, I say fuck him. We don't need fans like that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    TFC C-team in the 2nd half. I liked seeing the kids on the free stream I was watching, glad I didn't pay for tickets or go to the game.
    I decided early on that I was not going to this game. Bad taste from season, Winter firing, etc.

I found the game entertaining and ended up wishing I had gone.

It was great to see that the youngsters didn't get played off the field, and TBH it also seemed as though most fans there supported both teams.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ fair enough yags.
    at the end of the day, no injuries and the kids got to show that they could hold their own against an LFC youth squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    If he can't be "arsed" to go to a cheap game at BMO in 5 years but he can get to a one off, wildly overpriced, meaningless game at Skydome, I say fuck him. We don't need fans like that.
    You don't have to like it, but that's the reality. Football is a global game, and when people can watch real quality every weekend, the type of football TFC sells is still a hard sell to some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    I decided early on that I was not going to this game. Bad taste from season, Winter firing, etc.

I found the game entertaining and ended up wishing I had gone.

It was great to see that the youngsters didn't get played off the field, and TBH it also seemed as though most fans there supported both teams.
    That's what I found as well - and those who were 'Pro-Liverpool' weren't 'anti-TFC' or negative...

We were in a section that had all Liverpool kits, scarves, etc - but when TFC scored, I'd say 80% of the section were like "...Yaaaay, good for the boys...". Sure when Liverpool tied it up, the cheering had more energy etc...

Honestly, the only fans in attendance that were 'anti' one side or hostile were probably TFC fans that are also fans of Liverpool rival clubs. Otherwise, it was a "friendly" in the true sense of the word...

I enjoyed it - would have enjoyed it a million times more at BMO...

In the end, nobody got hurt, our TFC youngsters played well against a world famous club (yes their reserves but playing well against any higher-level club can build confidence) and I had a great day out with my mates and saw Liverpool for the first time...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    Because the supporters groups do all of the banners (essentially) and none of them cared to do anything for the game as a meaningless mid-season friendly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it just me, or did Joe Cole look like the worst player on the pitch? That includes the Ontario high schoolers.

Hopefully Pacheco showed Mariner just why Doniel Henry should be playing in the middle of the defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Was it just me, or did Joe Cole look like the worst player on the pitch? That includes the Ontario high schoolers.

Hopefully Pacheco showed Mariner just why Doniel Henry should be playing in the middle of the defense.
    Its wasn't just you - JOE COLE WAS TERRIBLE...

My favourite Cole moment. A dead ball free kick into the box, over the box, and well into touch... Now that's class!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    I saw one small TFC banner in the crowd amidst a sea of Liverpool tifos, LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    ok...wtf the fuk...fifa wont allow liverpool players who played at euro 2012 play against TFC...4week layoff rule or something.....but Ashley Cole gets the go ahead against PSG tonight?.....i think the FIFA ban was bullshit from the start!
    It wasn't FIFA...LFC allowed the Euro players a 4 week layoff. It was the club's choice to give them a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't have to like it, but that's the reality. Football is a global game, and when people can watch real quality every weekend, the type of football TFC sells is still a hard sell to some.

The reality you speak of is most soccer fans in Canada are snobs and/or gloryhunters... Oh well. I like the fact that they stay away from TFC. We don't need that crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reality you speak of is most soccer fans in Canada are snobs and/or gloryhunters... Oh well. I like the fact that they stay away from TFC. We don't need that crowd.
    Of course we do. Even in the stadium right now, you probably have three or four thousand hardcore fans, tops. Everyone else could probably be put in the casual or one off category.

More people means more money for the club, more resources, better players, better coverage, stadium upgrades, etc... We need these things to keep pace with the rest of the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok , not to get to far off topic here .... Your avatar ROCKS , WOOOOO !

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my vantage point in section 513 there was one. Yep one.
    The reason for the lack of banners? Because no one bothered to make any up for what many considered a meaningless friendly.

So while the score was a tie. Liverpool definitely won the banner war. My count TFC 1 and Liverpool 20 or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an aside to this ... I was wondering where the REAL Liverpool supporters were when they played "You'll never walk alone" before the match. In our section few of the crowd wearing Liverpool kits were on their feet and even fewer were singing along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't going to go to this game at first but my son being a Liverpool fan we decided to make a weekend of it and drive from Ottawa. We both enjoyed the game. It was what we expected, a bunch of up and comers trying hard to impress with a smattering of first team players thrown in.

Overpriced? Of course. But that was expected too.

I wasn't very impressed with the skydome security staff not allowing fans in the 500 level to move to lower seats in a 1/2 full stadium. Especially with the number of youngsters in the crowd. Shabby treatment.
    The fact that the marketing machines couldn't get together to sell and event day scarf was also a disappointment.

On the plus side I got to meet a very nice gent from Oshawa, via Liverpool, on the Go Train after the match. He has been in Canada for 40 years but still follows Liverpool. He said he doesn't bother with TFC as the football in MLS seems sub-standard to him and the leagues tight control he feels stifles the game to some degree. When I mentioned that we must support MLS while it is run differently than other parts of the world until we have a stable league with good development and feeder systems he saw my point. But he still felt that the product we get for the price we pay is inflated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    As an aside to this ... I was wondering where the REAL Liverpool supporters were when they played "You'll never walk alone" before the match. In our section few of the crowd wearing Liverpool kits were on their feet and even fewer were singing along.
    They played YNWA? What the...... Why would they play the away teams song? These friendlies are so idiotic.

He said he doesn't bother with TFC as the football in MLS seems sub-standard to him
    Well that doesn't explain why he still follows Liverpool....

Quote Originally Posted by Max_TO View Post
    Ok , not to get to far off topic here .... Your avatar ROCKS , WOOOOO !
    Channeling his inner Ric Flair.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed the game. I used to live within a mile of Anfield, and my first game was when they were in the 2nd division.

Liverpool was the only team that I'd cheer for above Toronto FC. My son is the other way round. In the end, since it was a friendly, we just cheered both sides. Since it is unlikely in the extreme that the two teams will ever meet on the field of battle, we're happy with what we got.

I wore two scarves and two shirts, and when Toronto scored, I stood up and cheered.

I sang You'll Never Walk Alone, while holding aloft my (flown at Anfield) scarf, and I belted out O Canada with my TFC scarf held high.

Best of all, though, was that I got to go to a Liverpool game with my son and my Dad.

Brilliant.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my vantage point in section 513 there was one. Yep one.
    The reason for the lack of banners? Because no one bothered to make any up for what many considered a meaningless friendly.

So while the score was a tie. Liverpool definitely won the banner war. My count TFC 1 and Liverpool 20 or so.
    there was no need to make a new banner just put up the same ones we use for every mls game this season. We sould have use this game to take a shot at mlse or Tom Anselmi but we miss out
    Last edited by nascarguy; 07-23-2012 at 11:32 PM.